Hydrate: NdCl3• 6H2O
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Neodymium Chloride||ND-CL-01|
|(3N) 99.9% Neodymium Chloride||ND-CL-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Neodymium Chloride||ND-CL-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Neodymium Chloride||ND-CL-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|4.134 g/cm3||246.814||246.814||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Neodymium Chloride is an excellent water soluble crystalline neodymium source for uses compatible with chlorides.Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. Chloride compounds can conduct electricity when fused or dissolved in water. Chloride materials can be decomposed by electrolysis to chlorine gas and the metal. They are formed through various chlorination processes whereby at least one chlorine anion (Cl-) is covalently bonded to the relevant metal or cation. Ultra high purity and proprietary formulations can be prepared. The chloride ion controls fluid equilibrium and pH levels in metabolic systems. They can form either inorganic or organic compounds. Primary applications include lasers, glass coloring and tinting, and dielectrics. NdCl is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale (See also Nanotechnology Information and Quantum Dots) elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Neodymium (atomic symbol: Nd, atomic number: 60)is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 144.242. The number of electrons in each of Neodymium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 22, 8, 2 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f4 6s2. The neodymium atom has a radius of 181 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 229 pm. Neodymium was first discovered by Carl Aer von Welsbach in 1885. In its elemental form, neodymium has a silvery-white appearance. Neodymium is the most abundant of the rare earths after cerium and lanthanum. Neodymium is found in monazite and bastnäsite ores. It is used to make high-strength neodymium magnets and laser crystal substances like neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet (also known as Nd:YAG). The name originates from the Greek words 'neos didymos', meaning new twin. For more information on neodymium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of neodymium products, visit the Neodymium Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
NEODYMIUM CHLORIDE SYNONYMS
Neodymium trichloride, Trichloroneodymium
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Neodymium
- Dynamic photopatterning of cells in situ by Q-switched neodymium-doped yttrium ortho-vanadate laser. Deka G, Okano K, Kao FJ. J Biomed Opt. 2014 Jan.
- NIR fluorescence studies of neodymium ions doped sodium fluoroborate glasses for 1.06µm laser applications. Madhukar Reddy C, Vijaya N, Deva Prasad Raju B. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- Treatment of onychomycosis using a submillisecond 1064-nm neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser. Carney C, Cantrell W, Warner J, Elewski B. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Oct
- A case of mottled hypopigmentation after low-fluence 1,064-nm Q-switched neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laser therapy. Ryu HJ, Kim J. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2013 Oct
- Comparative effectiveness of nonpurpuragenic 595-nm pulsed dye laser and microsecond 1064-nm neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser for treatment of diffuse facial erythema: A double-blind randomized controlled trial. Alam M, Voravutinon N, Warycha M, Whiting D, Nodzenski M, Yoo S, West DP, Veledar E, Poon E. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Sep.
- Neodymium-yttrium aluminum garnet laser versus pulsed dye laser in erythemato-telangiectatic rosacea: comparison of clinical efficacy and effect on cutaneous substance (P) expression. Salem SA, Abdel Fattah NS, Tantawy SM, El-Badawy NM, Abd El-Aziz YA. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2013 Sep.
- Histological evaluation of dermal tissue remodeling with the 1444-nm neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser in in vivo model. Kim JH, Min KH, Heo CY, Baek RM, Park HJ, Youn SW, Kim EH. J Dermatol. 2013 Sep
- Liquid-liquid extraction of neodymium(iii) by dialkylphosphate ionic liquids from acidic medium: the importance of the ionic liquid cation. Rout A, Kotlarska J, Dehaen W, Binnemans K. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Aug 15.
- Congenital plaque-like glomangioma treated successfully with dual wavelength pulsed-dye and neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser. Grillo E, Boixeda P, Paoli J, Vano-Galván S, Carrillo R, Jaén P. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2013 Aug.
- Clinical efficacy of the dual-pulsed Q-switched neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser: Comparison with conservative mode. Kim BW, Lee MH, Chang SE, Yun WJ, Won CH, Lee MW, Choi JH, Moon KC. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2013 Jul 16.
- Near-IR luminescent neodymium complexes: spectroscopic probes for hydroamination catalysis. Bennett SD, Pope SJ, Ward BD. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Jul 11
- Effect of subdermal 1,444-nm pulsed neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laser on the nasolabial folds and cheek laxity. Lee SH, Roh MR, Jung JY, Jee H, Nam KA, Chung KY. Dermatol Surg. 2013 Jul.
- Single-treatment resolution of vascular blebs within port wine stains using a novel 1,064-nm neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laser. Brauer JA, Geronemus RG. Dermatol Surg. 2013 Jul.
- Successful treatment of facial telangiectasias using a micropulse 1,064-nm neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laser. Rose AE, Goldberg DJ. Dermatol Surg. 2013 Jul.
- Neodymium:YAG laser anterior capsulectomy: surgical option in the management of negative dysphotopsia. Folden DV. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2013 Jul.
- Self-assembling neodymium/sodium heterobimetallic asymmetric catalyst confined in a carbon nanotube network. Ogawa T, Kumagai N, Shibasaki M. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 Jun 10.
- Rare case of optic fracture in a glass intraocular lens after neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet capsulotomy. Hsieh MW, Chien KH, Liu CC, Lu DW, Tai MC. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol. 2013 May-Jun.
- Analogy to a Chinese knot in an ion-pair copper(II)-neodymium(III) complex based on a hexadentate Schiff base condensation product of 5-bromosalicylaldehyde and glycylglycine. Xu LQ, Lu LP, Zhu ML. Acta Crystallogr C. 2013 Apr
- Tris[dimethyl (benzoyl-amido)-phosphato-?(2) O,O'](1,10-phenanthroline-?(2) N,N')neodymium(III). Kariaka NS, Trush VA, Medviediev VV, Sliva TY, Amirkhanov VM. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 Mar 1.
- Histopathological study of the treatment of melasma lesions using a low-fluence Q-switched 1064-nm neodymium:yttrium-aluminium-garnet laser. Kim JE, Chang SE, Yeo UC, Haw S, Kim IH. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2013 Mar
Recent Research & Development for Chlorides
- Water-solid interactions between amorphous maltodextrins and crystalline sodium chloride. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/10/09 | first author:Ghorab MK.
- Influence of mixing and ultrasound frequency on antisolvent crystallisation of sodium chloride. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Lee J.
- Can zinc(II) ions be doped into the crystal structure of l-proline cadmium chloride monohydrate? Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Cetylpyridinium chloride suppresses gene expression associated with halitosis. Arch Oral Biol. 2013 create date:2013/10/12 | first author:Liu J
- Hepatoprotective Effect of Manganese Chloride Against CCl4-Induced Liver Injury in Rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Eidi A
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Wu B
- The effect of ambroxol on chloride transport, CFTR and ENaC in cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cells. Cell Biol Int. 2013 create date:2013/06/15 | first author:Varelogianni G
- Copper(ii) chloride mediated (aza)oxindole synthesis by oxidative coupling of Csp(2)-H and Csp(3)-H centers: substrate scope and DFT study. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Dey C
- Electrochemistry and Spectroelectrochemistry of Europium(III) Chloride in 3LiCl-2KCl from 643 to 1123 K. Anal Chem. 2013 create date:2013/09/11 | first author:Schroll CA
- Analysis of xyloglucans by ambient chloride attachment ionization tandem mass spectrometry. Vinueza NR, Gallardo VA, Klimek JF, Carpita NC, Kenttämaa HI. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15.
- In vivo biodistribution and synergistic toxicity of silica nanoparticles and cadmium chloride in mice. Guo M, Xu X, Yan X, Wang S, Gao S, Zhu S. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep 15.
- Cholic acid modified N-(2-hydroxy)-propyl-3-trimethylammonium chitosan chloride for superoxide dismutase delivery. Cheng Y, Cai H, Yin B, Yao P. Int J Pharm. 2013 Sep 15
- Convenient syntheses of cyanuric chloride-derived NHC ligands, their Ag(i) and Au(i) complexes and antimicrobial activity. Almalioti F, Macdougall J, Hughes S, Hasson MM, Jenkins RL, Ward BD, Tizzard GJ, Coles SJ, Williams DW, Bamford S, Fallis IA, Dervisi A. Dalton Trans. 2013 Sep 14
- Synthesis, in vitro and in vivo evaluation of new norcantharidin-conjugated hydroxypropyltrimethyl ammonium chloride chitosan derivatives as polymer therapeutics. Xu X, Li Y, Wang F, Lv L, Liu J, Li M, Guo A, Jiang J, Shen Y, Guo S. Int J Pharm. 2013 Sep 10
- Lipid-based intravesical drug delivery systems with controlled release of trospium chloride for the urinary bladder. Haupt M, Thommes M, Heidenreich A, Breitkreutz J. J Control Release. 2013 Sep 10
- Dextran sodium sulfate inhibits the activities of both polymerase and reverse transcriptase: lithium chloride purification, a rapid and efficient technique to purify RNA. Viennois E, Chen F, Laroui H, Baker MT, Merlin D. BMC Res Notes. 2013 Sep 8
- Zingerone Protects Against Stannous Chloride-Induced and Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced Oxidative DNA Damage In Vitro. Rajan I, Narayanan N, Rabindran R, Jayasree PR, Manish Kumar PR. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 Sep 5.
- A novel topical formulation containing strontium chloride significantly reduces the intensity and duration of cowhage-induced itch. Papoiu AD, Valdes-Rodriguez R, Nattkemper LA, Chan YH, Hahn GS, Yosipovitch G. Acta Derm Venereol. 2013 Sep 4
- Long-term exposure to benzalkonium chloride disinfectants results in change of microbial community structure and increased antimicrobial resistance. Tandukar M, Oh S, Tezel U, Konstantinidis KT, Pavlostathis SG. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Sep 3
- Assessment of nickel titanium and beta titanium corrosion resistance behavior in fluoride and chloride environments. Kassab EJ, Gomes JP. Angle Orthod. 2013 Sep 8