Nickel(II) Sulfamate Tetrahydrate
Ni(SO3NH2)2 • 4H2O
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|Ni(SO3NH2)2 • 4H2O||124594-15-6||16211747||MFCD00149966||237-396-1||nickel(2+); disulfamate; tetrahydrate||N/A||[Ni+2].O.O.O.O.
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H12N2NiO10S2||322.93||Blue-green powder, crystals, or chunks||N/A||N/A||N/A||321.928679||321.928679||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Nickel(II) Sulfamate Tetrahydrate is used in electrolytic solutions and electroplating baths. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Nickel (atomic symbol: Ni, atomic number: 28) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.6934. The number of electrons in each of nickel's shells is [2, 8, 16, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar]3d8 4s2. Nickel was first discovered by Alex Constedt in 1751. The nickel atom has a radius of 124 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 184 pm. In its elemental form, nickel has a lustrous metallic silver appearance. Nickel is a hard and ductile transition metal that is considered corrosion-resistant because of its slow rate of oxidation. It is one of four elements that are ferromagnetic and is used in the production of various type of magnets for commercial use. Nickel is sometimes found free in nature but is more commonly found in ores. The bulk of mined nickel comes from laterite and magmatic sulfide ores. The name originates from the German word "kupfernickel," which means "false copper" from the illusory copper color of the ore. For more information on nickel, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of nickel products, visit the Nickel Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Hazard Codes||Xn, N|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|NICKEL(II) SULFAMATE TETRAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Nickel sulfamate tetrahydrate; nickel(2+) sulfamate hydrate (1:2:4); nickel(2+) disulfamate; Nickel bis(sulphamidate); Sulfamic acid, nickel(2+) salt (2:1), tetrahydrate (9CI);|
CUSTOMERS FOR NICKEL(II) SULFAMATE TETRAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Nickel Copper Iron Alloy||Nickel Foil||Nickel Nanoparticles||Nickel Molybdenum Alloy||Nickel Pellets|
|Nickel Oxide Pellets||Nickel Powder||Nickel Oxide||Nickel Sputtering Target||Nickel Acetylacetonate|
|Nickel Sulfate||Nickel Metal||Nickel Chloride||Nickel Acetate||Nickel Rod|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Nickel|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Nickel
- One-step electrodeposition of graphene loaded nickel oxides nanoparticles for acetaminophen detection. Liu GT, Chen HF, Lin GM, Ye PP, Wang XP, Jiao YZ, Guo XY, Wen Y, Yang HF. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014.
- Nickel oxide hollow microsphere for non-enzyme glucose detection. Ci S, Huang T, Wen Z, Cui S, Mao S, Steeber DA, Chen J. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Apr.
- Electrocatalysis and electroanalysis of nickel, its oxides, hydroxides and oxyhydroxides toward small molecules. Miao Y, Ouyang L, Zhou S, Xu L, Yang Z, Xiao M, Ouyang R. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Mar.
- Halo-substituted thiosemicarbazones and their copper(II), nickel(II) complexes: Detailed spectroscopic characterization and study of antitumour activity against HepG2 human hepatoblastoma cells. Jagadeesh M, Kalangi SK, Sivarama Krishna L, Reddy AV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Low elastic modulus titanium-nickel scaffolds for bone implants. Li J, Yang H, Wang H, Ruan J. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Jan
- Platelet-like nickel hydroxide: Synthesis and the transferring to nickel oxide as a gas sensor. Zhu G, Xu H, Liu Y, Xi C, Yang J, Shen X, Zhu J, Yang J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Dec.
- Direct electrochemistry and electrocatalysis of heme proteins immobilised in carbon-coated nickel magnetic nanoparticle-chitosan-dimethylformamide composite films in room-temperature ionic liquids. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013 create date:2013/05/02 | first author:Wang T
- Influence of the microstructure on electrochemical corrosion and nickel release in NiTi orthodontic archwires. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:BriceÃ±o J
- Nickel analysis in real samples by Ni(2+) selective PVC membrane electrode based on a new Schiff base. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Tomar PK
- Preparation of biomorphic porous calcium titanate and its application for preconcentration of nickel in water and food samples. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Zhang D
- Functionalization of nickel nanowires with a fluorophore aiming at new probes for multimodal bioanalysis. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/04 | first author:Pinheiro PC
- Ambient arylmagnesiation of alkynes catalysed by ligandless nickel(ii). Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Xue F
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Wu BSynthesis, characterization and structural determination of some nickel(II) complexes containing imido Schiff bases and substituted phosphine ligands. Kianfar AH, Ebrahimi M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov
- An electrochemical acetylcholine sensor based on lichen-like nickel oxide nanostructure. Sattarahmady N, Heli H, Vais RD. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Oct 15.
- Synthesis of HPMC stabilized nickel nanoparticles and investigation of their magnetic and catalytic properties. Maity D, Mollick MM, Mondal D, Bhowmick B, Neogi SK, Banerjee A, Chattopadhyay S, Bandyopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay D. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15.
- Nickel(iii) complexes of di-amidato-di-phenolato ligands: effect of H-bonding. Eckshtain-Levi M, Orio M, Lavi R, Benisvy L. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Borate-templated self-assembly of multinuclear nickel(ii)-containing POMs. Li S, Liu S, Tang Q, Liu Y, He D, Wang S, Shi Z. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 7.
- Nickel(ii) in chelate N2O2 environment. DFT approach and in-depth molecular orbital and configurational analysis. Trifunovic SR, Miletic VD, Jevtic VV, Meetsma A, Matovic ZD. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Correlation between endodontic broken instrument and nickel level in urine. Saghiri MA, Sheibani N, Garcia-Godoy F, Asatourian A, Mehriar P, Scarbecz M. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013.
- A review on nickel-free nitrogen containing austenitic stainless steels for biomedical applications. Talha M, Behera CK, Sinha OP. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013.