Nickel(II) Bromide Hydrate
NiBr2 · xH2O
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|NiBr2 · xH2O||313223-18-6||162835154||57377118||MFCD00149806||N/A||dibromonickel;hydrate||N/A||O.[Ni](Br)Br||InChI=1S/2BrH.Ni.
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|NiBr2 · xH2O||236.51668||Yellow/Gold/Dark Orange Powder, Crystals, or Chunks||N/A||N/A||N/A||235.780535||233.782582||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Nickel(II) Bromide Hydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Nickel (atomic symbol: Ni, atomic number: 28) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.6934. The number of electrons in each of nickel's shells is [2, 8, 16, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar]3d8 4s2. Nickel was first discovered by Alex Constedt in 1751. The nickel atom has a radius of 124 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 184 pm. In its elemental form, nickel has a lustrous metallic silver appearance. Nickel is a hard and ductile transition metal that is considered corrosion-resistant because of its slow rate of oxidation. It is one of four elements that are ferromagnetic and is used in the production of various type of magnets for commercial use. Nickel is sometimes found free in nature but is more commonly found in ores. The bulk of mined nickel comes from laterite and magmatic sulfide ores. The name originates from the German word "kupfernickel," which means "false copper" from the illusory copper color of the ore. For more information on nickel, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of nickel products, visit the Nickel Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3077 9/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|NICKEL(II) BROMIDE HYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|NICKEL(II) BROMIDE HYDRATE 98, Nickel bromide (NiBr2),monohydrate (9CI), Dibromonickel, hydrate (1:1), Dibromonickel hydrate (1:1),|
CUSTOMERS FOR NICKEL(II) BROMIDE HYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Nickel Copper Iron Alloy||Nickel Foil||Nickel Nanoparticles||Nickel Molybdenum Alloy||Nickel Pellets|
|Nickel Oxide Pellets||Nickel Powder||Nickel Oxide||Nickel Sputtering Target||Nickel Acetylacetonate|
|Nickel Sulfate||Nickel Metal||Nickel Chloride||Nickel Acetate||Nickel Rod|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Nickel|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Nickel
- Halo-substituted thiosemicarbazones and their copper(II), nickel(II) complexes: Detailed spectroscopic characterization and study of antitumour activity against HepG2 human hepatoblastoma cells. Jagadeesh M, Kalangi SK, Sivarama Krishna L, Reddy AV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Platelet-like nickel hydroxide: Synthesis and the transferring to nickel oxide as a gas sensor. Zhu G, Xu H, Liu Y, Xi C, Yang J, Shen X, Zhu J, Yang J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Dec 15
- Direct electrochemistry and electrocatalysis of heme proteins immobilised in carbon-coated nickel magnetic nanoparticle-chitosan-dimethylformamide composite films in room-temperature ionic liquids. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013 create date:2013/05/02 | first author:Wang T
- Influence of the microstructure on electrochemical corrosion and nickel release in NiTi orthodontic archwires. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:BriceÃ±o J
- Nickel analysis in real samples by Ni(2+) selective PVC membrane electrode based on a new Schiff base. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Tomar PK
- Preparation of biomorphic porous calcium titanate and its application for preconcentration of nickel in water and food samples. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Zhang D
- Functionalization of nickel nanowires with a fluorophore aiming at new probes for multimodal bioanalysis. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/04 | first author:Pinheiro PC
- Ambient arylmagnesiation of alkynes catalysed by ligandless nickel(ii). Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Xue F
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Wu BSynthesis, characterization and structural determination of some nickel(II) complexes containing imido Schiff bases and substituted phosphine ligands. Kianfar AH, Ebrahimi M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov
- Synthesis, characterization and light harvesting properties of nickel(II) diimine dithiolate complexes. Kumar A, Auvinen S, Trivedi M, Chauhan R, Alatalo M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov
- An electrochemical acetylcholine sensor based on lichen-like nickel oxide nanostructure. Sattarahmady N, Heli H, Vais RD. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Oct 15.
- Synthesis of HPMC stabilized nickel nanoparticles and investigation of their magnetic and catalytic properties. Maity D, Mollick MM, Mondal D, Bhowmick B, Neogi SK, Banerjee A, Chattopadhyay S, Bandyopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay D. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15.
- Nickel(iii) complexes of di-amidato-di-phenolato ligands: effect of H-bonding. Eckshtain-Levi M, Orio M, Lavi R, Benisvy L. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 7.
- Borate-templated self-assembly of multinuclear nickel(ii)-containing POMs. Li S, Liu S, Tang Q, Liu Y, He D, Wang S, Shi Z. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 7.
- Nickel(ii) in chelate N2O2 environment. DFT approach and in-depth molecular orbital and configurational analysis. Trifunovic SR, Miletic VD, Jevtic VV, Meetsma A, Matovic ZD. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct
- Correlation between endodontic broken instrument and nickel level in urine. Saghiri MA, Sheibani N, Garcia-Godoy F, Asatourian A, Mehriar P, Scarbecz M. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 Oct.
- A review on nickel-free nitrogen containing austenitic stainless steels for biomedical applications. Talha M, Behera CK, Sinha OP. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Oct.
- Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi from New Caledonian ultramafic soils improve tolerance to nickel of endemic plant species. Amir H, Lagrange A, Hassaïne N, Cavaloc Y. Mycorrhiza. 2013 Oct.
- Fabrication of paper-based devices by lacquer spraying method for the determination of nickel (II) ion in waste water. Nurak T, Praphairaksit N, Chailapakul O. Talanta. 2013 Sep 30.
- Energy-selective neutron imaging for morphological and phase analysis of iron-nickel meteorites. Peetermans S, Grazzi F, Salvemini F, Lehmann EH, Caporali S, Pratesi G. Analyst. 2013 Sep 21.
- Influence of vanadium doping on the electrochemical performance of nickel oxide in supercapacitors. Park HW, Na BK, Cho BW, Park SM, Roh KC. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Sep 16.
Recent Research & Development for Bromides
- Modified carbon paste sensor for the potentiometric determination of neostigmine bromide in pharmaceutical formulations, human plasma and urine. Khorshid AF, Issa YM. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan 15.
- On the existence of 'l-alanine cadmium bromide.' Srinivasan BR. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Dec
- XRD, TEM, and thermal analysis of Arizona Ca-montmorillonites modified with didodecyldimethylammonium bromide. Sun Z, Park Y, Zheng S, Ayoko GA, Frost RL. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Oct 15.
- Bronchodilation and safety of supratherapeutic doses of salbutamol or ipratropium bromide added to single dose GSK961081 in patients with moderate to severe COPD. Norris V, Ambery C. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2013 Oct 26.
- Chlorination of bromide-containing waters: Enhanced bromate formation in the presence of synthetic metal oxides and deposits formed in drinking water distribution systems. Liu C, von Gunten U, Croué JP. Water Res. 2013 Sep 15
- The Species and Heme Pocket Properties of Sturgeon Hemoglobins Upon Interaction with N-Dodecyl Trimethylammonium Bromide. Ariaeenejad S, Moosavi-Movahedi AA, Kavousi K, Dayer MR, Hong J, Yousefi R, Sheibani N, Habibi-Rezaei M. Protein Pept Lett. 2013 Sep 3.
- The combination of umeclidinium bromide and vilanterol in the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: current evidence and future prospects. Feldman GJ, Edin A. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2013 Sep 3.
- Potassium Bromide for Treatment of Malignant Migrating Partial Seizures in Infancy. Unver O, Incecik F, Dündar H, Kömür M, Unver A, Okuyaz C. Pediatr Neurol. 2013 Aug 19.
- Contact dermatitis caused by bromide compounds. Salas M, Doña I, Fernandez T, Sanchez-Quintero MJ, Mayorga C, Blanca M, Torres Jaén MJ. Contact Dermatitis. 2013 Sep 6
- Functional consequences of ethidium bromide demyelination of the mouse ventral spinal cord. Kuypers NJ, James KT, Enzmann GU, Magnuson DS, Whittemore SR. Exp Neurol. 2013 Sep 24
- Spectroscopic study one thiosemicarbazone derivative with ctDNA using ethidium bromide as a fluorescence probe. Geng S, Wu Q, Shi L, Cui F. Int J Biol Macromol. 2013 Sep 6
- Calorimetric and Structural Studies of Tetrabutylammonium Bromide Ionic Clathrate Hydrates. Rodionova TV, Komarov VY, Villevald GV, Karpova TD, Kuratieva NV, Manakov AY. J Phys Chem B. 2013 Aug 30.
- Elevated Pb(II) Release from the Reduction of Pb(IV) Corrosion Product PbO2 Induced by Bromide-catalyzed Monochloramine Decomposition. Zhang Y, Lin YP. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Aug 29.
- Persistent Na+ and K+ channel dysfunctions after chronic exposure to insecticides and pyridostigmine bromide. Nutter TJ, Jiang N, Cooper BY. Neurotoxicology. 2013 Aug 29.
- Solar Photothermochemical Reaction and Supercritical CO2 Work up for a Fully Green Process of Preparation of Pure p-Nitrobenzyl Bromide. Dinda M, Chakraborty S, Samanta S, Bhatt C, Maiti S, Roy S, Kadam Y, Ghosh PK. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Aug 27.
- [Glycopyrronium bromide is a long-acting inhaled anticholinergic in the treatment of severe COPD.] Ulrik CS. Ugeskr Laeger. 2013 Aug 26. Danish.
- Factors Affecting the Stability and Performance of Ipratropium Bromide Fenoterol Hydrobromide Pressurized-Metered Dose Inhalers. Ninbovorl J, Sawatdee S, Srichana T. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2013 Aug 23.
- Influence of cetyltrimethyl ammonium bromide on nutrient uptake and cell responses of Chlorella vulgaris. Liang Z, Ge F, Zeng H, Xu Y, Peng F, Wong M. Aquat Toxicol. 2013 Aug 15
- Adhesion work and wettability of polytetrafluorethylene and poly(methyl methacrylate) by aqueous solutions of cetyltrimethylammonium bromide and Triton X-100 mixture with ethanol. Bielawska M, Janczuk B, Zdziennicka A. Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Aug 15
- Zinc Bromide Promoted Coupling of Isonitriles with Carboxylic Acids To Form 2,4,5-Trisubstituted Oxazoles. Odabachian Y, Tong S, Wang Q, Wang MX, Zhu J. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 Aug 19.
- Mechanisms of action of otilonium bromide (OB) in human cultured smooth muscle cells and rat colonic strips. Martínez-Cutillas M, Gil V, Gallego D, Mañé N, Martín MT, Jiménez M. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2013 Aug 14.