Nickel(II) Bromide Hydrate
NiBr2 · xH2O
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Nickel(II) Bromide Hydrate||NI-BR-02-C.XHYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Nickel(II) Bromide Hydrate||NI-BR-03-C.XHYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Nickel(II) Bromide Hydrate||NI-BR-04-C.XHYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Nickel(II) Bromide Hydrate||NI-BR-05-C.XHYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|NiBr2 · xH2O||313223-18-6||57377118||MFCD00149806||N/A||dibromonickel;hydrate||N/A||O.[Ni](Br)Br||InChI=1S/2BrH.Ni.
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|NiBr2· xH2O||236.51668||Yellow/Gold/Dark Orange Powder, Crystals, or Chunks||N/A||N/A||N/A||235.780535||233.782582||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Nickel(II) Bromide Hydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Nickel (atomic symbol: Ni, atomic number: 28) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.6934. The number of electrons in each of nickel's shells is [2, 8, 16, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar]3d8 4s2. Nickel was first discovered by Alex Constedt in 1751. The nickel atom has a radius of 124 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 184 pm. In its elemental form, nickel has a lustrous metallic silver appearance. Nickel is a hard and ductile transition metal that is considered corrosion-resistant because of its slow rate of oxidation. It is one of four elements that are ferromagnetic and is used in the production of various type of magnets for commercial use. Nickel is sometimes found free in nature but is more commonly found in ores. The bulk of mined nickel comes from laterite and magmatic sulfide ores. The name originates from the German word kupfernickel, which means "false copper" from the illusory copper color of the ore. For more information on nickel, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of nickel products, visit the Nickel element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3077 9/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|NICKEL(II) BROMIDE HYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Nickel bromide monohydrate, Nickel bromide hydrate, Nickel(2+) bromide hydrate, Dibromonickel hydrate (1:1)|
|CUSTOMERS FOR NICKEL(II) BROMIDE HYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Nickel Copper Iron Alloy||Nickel Foil||Nickel Nanoparticles||Nickel Molybdenum Alloy||Nickel Pellets|
|Nickel Oxide Pellets||Nickel Powder||Nickel Oxide||Nickel Sputtering Target||Nickel Acetylacetonate|
|Nickel Sulfate||Nickel Metal||Nickel Chloride||Nickel Acetate||Nickel Rod|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Nickel|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Nickel
- Blocking and bridging ligands direct the structure and magnetic properties of dimers of pentacoordinate nickel(ii). López-Banet L, Santana MD, García G, Pérez J, García L, Lezama L, da Silva I. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 13.
- Copper and nickel partitioning with nanoscale goethite under variable aquatic conditions. Danner KM, Hammerschmidt CR, Costello DM, Burton GA Jr. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 11.
- Genetic characterization, nickel tolerance, biosorption, kinetics, and uptake mechanism of a bacterium isolated from electroplating industrial effluent. Nagarajan N, Gunasekaran P, Rajendran P. Can J Microbiol. 2015 Jan 23:1-10.
- A sustainable and simple catalytic system for direct alkynylation of C(sp2)-H bonds with low nickel loadings. Liu YJ, Liu YH, Yan SY, Shi BF. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 12.
- Cyclic Fatigue Resistance of 3 Different Nickel-Titanium Reciprocating Instruments in Artificial Canals. Higuera O, Plotino G, Tocci L, Carrillo G, Gambarini G, Jaramillo DE. J Endod. 2015 Mar 11.
- Organometallic Chemistry. Catalysis by nickel in its high oxidation state. Riordan CG. Science. 2015 Mar 13
- Stable solar-driven oxidation of water by semiconducting photoanodes protected by transparent catalytic nickel oxide films. Sun K, Saadi FH, Lichterman MF, Hale WG, Wang HP, Zhou X, Plymale NT, Omelchenko ST, He JH, Papadantonakis KM, Brunschwig BS, Lewis NS. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Mar 11.
- Histidine promotes the loading of nickel and zinc, but not of cadmium, into the xylem in Noccaea caerulescens. Kozhevnikova AD, Seregin IV, Verweij R, Schat H. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Nickel-Catalyzed Suzuki-Miyaura Cross-Coupling in a Green Alcohol Solvent for an Undergraduate Organic Chemistry Laboratory. Hie L, Chang JJ, Garg NK. J Chem Educ. 2015 Mar 10
- Leaching of copper and nickel in soil-water systems contaminated by bauxite residue (red mud) from Ajka, Hungary: the importance of soil organic matter. Lockwood CL, Stewart DI, Mortimer RJ, Mayes WM, Jarvis AP, Gruiz K, Burke IT. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Mar 12.
- Inducing cells to disperse nickel nanowires via integrin-mediated responses. Sharma A, Orlowski GM, Zhu Y, Shore D, Kim SY, DiVito MD, Hubel A, Stadler BJ. Nanotechnology. 2015 Mar 27
- Reactions of phenylacetylene with nickel POCOP-pincer hydride complexes resulting in different outcomes from their palladium analogues. Wilson GL, Abraha M, Krause JA, Guan H. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Preparation of magnetic core-shell iron oxide@silica@nickel-ethylene glycol microspheres for highly efficient sorption of uranium(vi). Tan L, Zhang X, Liu Q, Wang J, Sun Y, Jing X, Liu J, Song D, Liu L. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Sequential recovery of copper and nickel from wastewater without net energy input. Cai WF, Fang XW, Xu MX, Liu XH, Wang YH. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Electronic properties of nickel-doped TiO2 anatase. Jensen S, Kilin DS. J Phys Condens Matter. 2015 Mar 13
- Nickel Transfer by Fingers. Isnardo D, Vidal J, Panyella D, Vilaplana J. Actas Dermosifiliogr. 2015 Mar 11.
- Design, synthesis, and carbon-heteroatom coupling reactions of organometallic nickel(IV) complexes. Camasso NM, Sanford MS. Science. 2015 Mar 13
- A high performance nonenzymatic electrochemical glucose sensor based on polyvinylpyrrolidone-graphene nanosheets-nickel nanoparticles-chitosan nanocomposite. Liu Z, Guo Y, Dong C. Talanta. 2015 May
- Metallic Nickel Nitride Nanosheets Realizing Enhanced Electrochemical Water Oxidation. Xu K, Chen P, Li X, Tong Y, Ding H, Wu X, Chu W, Peng Z, Wu C, Xie Y. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 11.
- Phyto-extraction of Nickel by Linum usitatissimum in Association with Glomus intraradices. Amna, Masood S, Syed JH, Munis MF, Chaudhary HJ. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015 Mar 12:0.
Recent Research & Development for Bromides
- Efficacy and safety of fixed-dose combinations of aclidinium bromide/formoterol fumarate: the 24-week, randomized, placebo-controlled AUGMENT COPD study. D'Urzo AD, Rennard SI, Kerwin EM, Mergel V, Leselbaum AR, Caracta CF
- Crystal structure of 1,3-bis-(4-methyl-benz-yl)-1H-1,3-benzimidazol-3-ium bromide monohydrate. Çelikesir ST, Çelik Ö, Akkoç S, ?lhan ?Ö, Gök Y, Akkurt M. Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun. 2015 Jan 1
- Molecular Mechanism of NDMA Formation from N,N-Dimethylsulfamide During Ozonation: Quantum Chemical Insights into a Bromide-Catalyzed Pathway. Trogolo D, Mishra BK, Heeb MB, von Gunten U, Arey JS. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 16.
- Activated carbons from end-products of tree nut and tree fruit production as sorbents for removing methyl bromide in ventilation effluent following postharvest chamber fumigation. Hall WA, Bellamy DE, Walse SS. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 11.
- Assessment of bromide-based ionic liquid toxicity toward aquatic organisms and QSAR analysis. Wang C, Wei Z, Wang L, Sun P, Wang Z. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2015 Feb 12
- Sodium Bromide Induced Micelle to Vesicle Transitions of Newly Synthesized Anionic Surface Active Ionic Liquids Based on Dodecylbenzenesulfonate. Rao KS, Gehlot PS, Gupta H, Drechsler M, Kumar A. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Mar 5.
- Nematicidal activity of allyl bromide and dibromo(nitro)methane under laboratory conditions. Oka Y, Shuker S, Tkachi N. Pest Manag Sci. 2015 Mar 5.
- Analysis of genotoxic activity of ketamine and rocuronium bromide using the somatic mutation and recombination test in Drosophila melanogaster. Koksal PM, Gürbüzel M. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014 Dec 27
- Combination therapy with indacaterol and glycopyrronium bromide in the management of COPD: an update on the evidence for efficacy and safety. Ridolo E, Montagni M, Riario-Sforza GG, Baroni M, Incorvaia C. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2015 Feb 17.
- Bencycloquidium bromide inhibits nasal hypersecretion in a rat model of allergic rhinitis. Long R, Zhou Y, Huang J, Peng L, Meng L, Zhu S, Li J. Inflamm Res. 2015 Apr
- Inhibitory action of quaternary ammonium bromide on mild steel and synergistic effect with other halide ions in 0.5 M H2SO4. Khamis A, Saleh MM, Awad MI, El-Anadouli BE. J Adv Res. 2014 Nov
- Release of nitrous oxide and dinitrogen from a transition bog under drained and rewetted conditions due to denitrification: results from a [15N]nitrate-bromide double-tracer study. Tauchnitz N, Spott O, Russow R, Bernsdorf S, Glaser B, Meissner R. Isotopes Environ Health Stud. 2015 Feb 18:1-22.
- Effect of Chronic Administration of Phenobarbital, or Bromide, on Pharmacokinetics of Levetiracetam in Dogs with Epilepsy. Muñana KR, Nettifee-Osborne JA, Papich MG. J Vet Intern Med. 2015 Feb 25.
- Clinicopharmacological profile of the fixed-dose combination of aclidinium bromide and formoterol fumarate in the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Babu KS, Morjaria JB. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2015 Mar 9.
- Copper Bromide Laser vs Triple-Combination Cream for the Treatment of Melasma: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Hammami Ghorbel H, Boukari F, Fontas E, Montaudié H, Bahadoran P, Lacour JP, Passeron T. JAMA Dermatol. 2015 Feb 25.
- Evaluation of Methyl Bromide Alternatives Efficacy against Soil-Borne Pathogens, Nematodes and Soil Microbial Community. Xie H, Yan D, Mao L, Wang Q, Li Y, Ouyang C, Guo M, Cao A. PLoS One. 2015 Feb 27
- Structures, electronic properties and stability phase diagrams for copper(i/ii) bromide surfaces. Altarawneh M, Marashdeh A, Dlugogorski BZ. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Removal of bromide and bromate from drinking water using granular activated carbon. Zhang YQ, Wu QP, Zhang JM, Yang XH. J Water Health. 2015 Mar
- Methyl bromide fumigation and delayed mortality: safe trade of live pests? Phillips CB, Iline II, Novoselov M, McNeill MR, Richards NK, van Koten C, Stephenson BP. J Pest Sci (2004). 2015
- Transport of bromide and pesticides through an undisturbed soil column: A modeling study with global optimization analysis. Dusek J, Dohnal M, Snehota M, Sobotkova M, Ray C, Vogel T. J Contam Hydrol. 2015 Feb 12