Nickel(II) Bromide Hydrate
NiBr2 · xH2O
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|NiBr2 · xH2O||313223-18-6||162835154||57377118||MFCD00149806||N/A||dibromonickel;hydrate||N/A||O.[Ni](Br)Br||InChI=1S/2BrH.Ni.
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|NiBr2 · xH2O||236.51668||Yellow/Gold/Dark Orange Powder, Crystals, or Chunks||N/A||N/A||N/A||235.780535||233.782582||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Nickel(II) Bromide Hydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Nickel (atomic symbol: Ni, atomic number: 28) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.6934. The number of electrons in each of nickel's shells is [2, 8, 16, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar]3d8 4s2. Nickel was first discovered by Alex Constedt in 1751. The nickel atom has a radius of 124 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 184 pm. In its elemental form, nickel has a lustrous metallic silver appearance. Nickel is a hard and ductile transition metal that is considered corrosion-resistant because of its slow rate of oxidation. It is one of four elements that are ferromagnetic and is used in the production of various type of magnets for commercial use. Nickel is sometimes found free in nature but is more commonly found in ores. The bulk of mined nickel comes from laterite and magmatic sulfide ores. The name originates from the German word "kupfernickel," which means "false copper" from the illusory copper color of the ore. For more information on nickel, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of nickel products, visit the Nickel Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3077 9/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|NICKEL(II) BROMIDE HYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|NICKEL(II) BROMIDE HYDRATE 98, Nickel bromide (NiBr2),monohydrate (9CI), Dibromonickel, hydrate (1:1), Dibromonickel hydrate (1:1),|
CUSTOMERS FOR NICKEL(II) BROMIDE HYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Nickel Copper Iron Alloy||Nickel Foil||Nickel Nanoparticles||Nickel Molybdenum Alloy||Nickel Pellets|
|Nickel Oxide Pellets||Nickel Powder||Nickel Oxide||Nickel Sputtering Target||Nickel Acetylacetonate|
|Nickel Sulfate||Nickel Metal||Nickel Chloride||Nickel Acetate||Nickel Rod|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Nickel|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Nickel
- One-step electrodeposition of graphene loaded nickel oxides nanoparticles for acetaminophen detection. Liu GT, Chen HF, Lin GM, Ye PP, Wang XP, Jiao YZ, Guo XY, Wen Y, Yang HF. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014.
- Nickel oxide hollow microsphere for non-enzyme glucose detection. Ci S, Huang T, Wen Z, Cui S, Mao S, Steeber DA, Chen J. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Apr.
- Electrocatalysis and electroanalysis of nickel, its oxides, hydroxides and oxyhydroxides toward small molecules. Miao Y, Ouyang L, Zhou S, Xu L, Yang Z, Xiao M, Ouyang R. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Mar.
- Halo-substituted thiosemicarbazones and their copper(II), nickel(II) complexes: Detailed spectroscopic characterization and study of antitumour activity against HepG2 human hepatoblastoma cells. Jagadeesh M, Kalangi SK, Sivarama Krishna L, Reddy AV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Low elastic modulus titanium-nickel scaffolds for bone implants. Li J, Yang H, Wang H, Ruan J. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Jan
- Platelet-like nickel hydroxide: Synthesis and the transferring to nickel oxide as a gas sensor. Zhu G, Xu H, Liu Y, Xi C, Yang J, Shen X, Zhu J, Yang J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Dec.
- Direct electrochemistry and electrocatalysis of heme proteins immobilised in carbon-coated nickel magnetic nanoparticle-chitosan-dimethylformamide composite films in room-temperature ionic liquids. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013 create date:2013/05/02 | first author:Wang T
- Influence of the microstructure on electrochemical corrosion and nickel release in NiTi orthodontic archwires. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:BriceÃ±o J
- Nickel analysis in real samples by Ni(2+) selective PVC membrane electrode based on a new Schiff base. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Tomar PK
- Preparation of biomorphic porous calcium titanate and its application for preconcentration of nickel in water and food samples. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Zhang D
- Functionalization of nickel nanowires with a fluorophore aiming at new probes for multimodal bioanalysis. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/04 | first author:Pinheiro PC
- Ambient arylmagnesiation of alkynes catalysed by ligandless nickel(ii). Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Xue F
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Wu BSynthesis, characterization and structural determination of some nickel(II) complexes containing imido Schiff bases and substituted phosphine ligands. Kianfar AH, Ebrahimi M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov
- An electrochemical acetylcholine sensor based on lichen-like nickel oxide nanostructure. Sattarahmady N, Heli H, Vais RD. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Oct 15.
- Synthesis of HPMC stabilized nickel nanoparticles and investigation of their magnetic and catalytic properties. Maity D, Mollick MM, Mondal D, Bhowmick B, Neogi SK, Banerjee A, Chattopadhyay S, Bandyopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay D. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15.
- Nickel(iii) complexes of di-amidato-di-phenolato ligands: effect of H-bonding. Eckshtain-Levi M, Orio M, Lavi R, Benisvy L. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Borate-templated self-assembly of multinuclear nickel(ii)-containing POMs. Li S, Liu S, Tang Q, Liu Y, He D, Wang S, Shi Z. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 7.
- Nickel(ii) in chelate N2O2 environment. DFT approach and in-depth molecular orbital and configurational analysis. Trifunovic SR, Miletic VD, Jevtic VV, Meetsma A, Matovic ZD. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Correlation between endodontic broken instrument and nickel level in urine. Saghiri MA, Sheibani N, Garcia-Godoy F, Asatourian A, Mehriar P, Scarbecz M. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013.
- A review on nickel-free nitrogen containing austenitic stainless steels for biomedical applications. Talha M, Behera CK, Sinha OP. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013.
Recent Research & Development for Bromides
- 1-Pentamethylbenzyl-3-(n)buthylbenzimidazolesilver(I)bromide complex: Synthesis, characterization and DFT calculations. Kunduracioglu A, Tamer O, Avci D, Kani I, Atalay Y, Cetinkaya B. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Mar.
- On the existence of 'l-alanine cadmium bromide.' Srinivasan BR. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc.
- Combination of ozonation and photocatalysis for purification of aqueous effluents containing formic acid as probe pollutant and bromide ion. Parrino F, Camera-Roda G, Loddo V, Palmisano G, Augugliaro V. Water Res. 2014 Mar.
- Solid-phase plate-reader quantification of specific PCR products by measurement of band-specific ethidium bromide fluorescence. McCarthy MT, O'Callaghan CA. Anal Biochem. 2014 Feb.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: focus on otilonium bromide. Boeckxstaens G, Clavé P, Corazziari ES, Tack J. Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014 Feb.
- Therapeutic potential of sepantronium bromide YM155 in gemcitabine-resistant human urothelial carcinoma cells. Huang YT, Cheng CC, Lin TC, Chiu TH, Lai PC. Oncol Rep. 2014 Feb.
- Chlorination of bromide-containing waters: Enhanced bromate formation in the presence of synthetic metal oxides and deposits formed in drinking water distribution systems. Liu C, von Gunten U, Croué JP. Water Res. 2013.
- Modified carbon paste sensor for the potentiometric determination of neostigmine bromide in pharmaceutical formulations, human plasma and urine. Khorshid AF, Issa YM. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan.
- XRD, TEM, and thermal analysis of Arizona Ca-montmorillonites modified with didodecyldimethylammonium bromide. Sun Z, Park Y, Zheng S, Ayoko GA, Frost RL. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013.
- Bronchodilation and safety of supratherapeutic doses of salbutamol or ipratropium bromide added to single dose GSK961081 in patients with moderate to severe COPD. Norris V, Ambery C. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2013
- The Species and Heme Pocket Properties of Sturgeon Hemoglobins Upon Interaction with N-Dodecyl Trimethylammonium Bromide. Ariaeenejad S, Moosavi-Movahedi AA, Kavousi K, Dayer MR, Hong J, Yousefi R, Sheibani N, Habibi-Rezaei M. Protein Pept Lett. 2013 Sep 3.
- Potassium Bromide for Treatment of Malignant Migrating Partial Seizures in Infancy. Unver O, Incecik F, Dündar H, Kömür M, Unver A, Okuyaz C. Pediatr Neurol. 2013.
- The combination of umeclidinium bromide and vilanterol in the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: current evidence and future prospects. Feldman GJ, Edin A. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2013.
- Contact dermatitis caused by bromide compounds. Salas M, Doña I, Fernandez T, Sanchez-Quintero MJ, Mayorga C, Blanca M, Torres Jaén MJ. Contact Dermatitis. 2013
- Functional consequences of ethidium bromide demyelination of the mouse ventral spinal cord. Kuypers NJ, James KT, Enzmann GU, Magnuson DS, Whittemore SR. Exp Neurol. 2013
- Persistent Na+ and K+ channel dysfunctions after chronic exposure to insecticides and pyridostigmine bromide. Nutter TJ, Jiang N, Cooper BY. Neurotoxicology. 2013.
- Spectroscopic study one thiosemicarbazone derivative with ctDNA using ethidium bromide as a fluorescence probe. Geng S, Wu Q, Shi L, Cui F. Int J Biol Macromol. 2013
- Calorimetric and Structural Studies of Tetrabutylammonium Bromide Ionic Clathrate Hydrates. Rodionova TV, Komarov VY, Villevald GV, Karpova TD, Kuratieva NV, Manakov AY. J Phys Chem B. 2013 Aug.
- Influence of cetyltrimethyl ammonium bromide on nutrient uptake and cell responses of Chlorella vulgaris. Liang Z, Ge F, Zeng H, Xu Y, Peng F, Wong M. Aquat Toxicol. 2013 Aug.
- Elevated Pb(II) Release from the Reduction of Pb(IV) Corrosion Product PbO2 Induced by Bromide-catalyzed Monochloramine Decomposition. Zhang Y, Lin YP. Environ Sci Technol. 2013.