|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Nickel Sulfide Powder||NI-S-05-P||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Nickel Sulfide Ingot||NI-S-05-I||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Nickel Sulfide Chunk||NI-S-05-CK||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Nickel Sulfide Lump||NI-S-05-L||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Nickel Sulfide Sputtering Target||NI-S-05-ST||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Nickel Sulfide Wafer||NI-S-05-WSX||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|NiS||90.7584||Crystalline solid||797 °C
|N/A||5.8 g/cm3||89.907419||89.907417 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Nickel Sulfide is a moderately water and acid soluble Nickel source for uses compatible with sulfates. Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles () and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar energy materials and fuel cells. Nickel Sulfide is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Nickel (atomic symbol: Ni, atomic number: 28) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.6934. The number of electrons in each of nickel's shells is [2, 8, 16, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar]3d8 4s2. Nickel was first discovered by Alex Constedt in 1751. The nickel atom has a radius of 124 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 184 pm. In its elemental form, nickel has a lustrous metallic silver appearance. Nickel is a hard and ductile transition metal that is considered corrosion-resistant because of its slow rate of oxidation. It is one of four elements that are ferromagnetic and is used in the production of various type of magnets for commercial use. Nickel is sometimes found free in nature but is more commonly found in ores. The bulk of mined nickel comes from laterite and magmatic sulfide ores. The name originates from the German word kupfernickel, which means "false copper" from the illusory copper color of the ore. For more information on nickel, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of nickel products, visit the Nickel element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|NICKEL SULFIDE SYNONYMS|
|Mononickel monosulfide; Nickelous sulfide; Nickel sulfide [Nickel and nickel compounds]; Nickel monosulfide; beta Nickel sulfide; thioxonickel; Nickel(2+) sulfide; Nickel sulfide (NiS); 1-iodopyrrolidine-2,5-dione; sulfanylidenenickel; Millerite; Nickelous sulfide; nickel subsulfide; nickel; thioxonickel; nickel; sulfanylidenenickel|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Nickel
- Blocking and bridging ligands direct the structure and magnetic properties of dimers of pentacoordinate nickel(ii). López-Banet L, Santana MD, García G, Pérez J, García L, Lezama L, da Silva I. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 13.
- Copper and nickel partitioning with nanoscale goethite under variable aquatic conditions. Danner KM, Hammerschmidt CR, Costello DM, Burton GA Jr. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 11.
- Genetic characterization, nickel tolerance, biosorption, kinetics, and uptake mechanism of a bacterium isolated from electroplating industrial effluent. Nagarajan N, Gunasekaran P, Rajendran P. Can J Microbiol. 2015 Jan 23:1-10.
- A sustainable and simple catalytic system for direct alkynylation of C(sp2)-H bonds with low nickel loadings. Liu YJ, Liu YH, Yan SY, Shi BF. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 12.
- Cyclic Fatigue Resistance of 3 Different Nickel-Titanium Reciprocating Instruments in Artificial Canals. Higuera O, Plotino G, Tocci L, Carrillo G, Gambarini G, Jaramillo DE. J Endod. 2015 Mar 11.
- Organometallic Chemistry. Catalysis by nickel in its high oxidation state. Riordan CG. Science. 2015 Mar 13
- Stable solar-driven oxidation of water by semiconducting photoanodes protected by transparent catalytic nickel oxide films. Sun K, Saadi FH, Lichterman MF, Hale WG, Wang HP, Zhou X, Plymale NT, Omelchenko ST, He JH, Papadantonakis KM, Brunschwig BS, Lewis NS. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Mar 11.
- Histidine promotes the loading of nickel and zinc, but not of cadmium, into the xylem in Noccaea caerulescens. Kozhevnikova AD, Seregin IV, Verweij R, Schat H. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Nickel-Catalyzed Suzuki-Miyaura Cross-Coupling in a Green Alcohol Solvent for an Undergraduate Organic Chemistry Laboratory. Hie L, Chang JJ, Garg NK. J Chem Educ. 2015 Mar 10
- Leaching of copper and nickel in soil-water systems contaminated by bauxite residue (red mud) from Ajka, Hungary: the importance of soil organic matter. Lockwood CL, Stewart DI, Mortimer RJ, Mayes WM, Jarvis AP, Gruiz K, Burke IT. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Mar 12.
- Inducing cells to disperse nickel nanowires via integrin-mediated responses. Sharma A, Orlowski GM, Zhu Y, Shore D, Kim SY, DiVito MD, Hubel A, Stadler BJ. Nanotechnology. 2015 Mar 27
- Reactions of phenylacetylene with nickel POCOP-pincer hydride complexes resulting in different outcomes from their palladium analogues. Wilson GL, Abraha M, Krause JA, Guan H. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Preparation of magnetic core-shell iron oxide@silica@nickel-ethylene glycol microspheres for highly efficient sorption of uranium(vi). Tan L, Zhang X, Liu Q, Wang J, Sun Y, Jing X, Liu J, Song D, Liu L. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Sequential recovery of copper and nickel from wastewater without net energy input. Cai WF, Fang XW, Xu MX, Liu XH, Wang YH. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Electronic properties of nickel-doped TiO2 anatase. Jensen S, Kilin DS. J Phys Condens Matter. 2015 Mar 13
- Nickel Transfer by Fingers. Isnardo D, Vidal J, Panyella D, Vilaplana J. Actas Dermosifiliogr. 2015 Mar 11.
- Design, synthesis, and carbon-heteroatom coupling reactions of organometallic nickel(IV) complexes. Camasso NM, Sanford MS. Science. 2015 Mar 13
- A high performance nonenzymatic electrochemical glucose sensor based on polyvinylpyrrolidone-graphene nanosheets-nickel nanoparticles-chitosan nanocomposite. Liu Z, Guo Y, Dong C. Talanta. 2015 May
- Metallic Nickel Nitride Nanosheets Realizing Enhanced Electrochemical Water Oxidation. Xu K, Chen P, Li X, Tong Y, Ding H, Wu X, Chu W, Peng Z, Wu C, Xie Y. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 11.
- Phyto-extraction of Nickel by Linum usitatissimum in Association with Glomus intraradices. Amna, Masood S, Syed JH, Munis MF, Chaudhary HJ. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015 Mar 12:0.
Recent Research & Development for Sulfides
- Reduction of acid rock drainage using steel slag in cover systems over sulfide rock waste piles. de Almeida RP, Leite AD, Borghetti Soares A. Waste Manag Res. 2015 Mar 6.
- Cu(In,Ga)(S,Se)2 Thin Film Solar Cell with 10.7 % Conversion Efficiency Obtained by Selenization of the Na-doped Spray-Pyrolyzed Sulfide Precursor Film. Septina W, Kurihara M, Ikeda S, Nakajima Y, Hirano T, Kawasaki Y, Harada T, Matsumura M. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- Impact of reduced water consumption on sulfide and methane production in rising main sewers. Sun J, Hu S, Sharma KR, Bustamante H, Yuan Z. J Environ Manage. 2015 Mar 5
- Endogenous Prostaglandins and Afferent Sensory Nerves in Gastroprotective Effect of Hydrogen Sulfide against Stress-Induced Gastric Lesions. Magierowski M, Jasnos K, Kwiecien S, Drozdowicz D, Surmiak M, Strzalka M, Ptak-Belowska A, Wallace JL, Brzozowski T. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- Effects of Hydrogen Sulfide on Modulation of Theta-Gamma Coupling in Hippocampus in Vascular Dementia Rats. Xu X, Liu C, Li Z, Zhang T. Brain Topogr. 2015 Mar 14.
- Room-temperature phosphorescence determination of melamine in dairy products using l-cysteine-capped Mn-doped zinc sulfide (ZnS) quantum dots. Demirhan BE, Demirhan B, Kara HE. J Dairy Sci. 2015 Mar 11.
- Tadalafil Integrates Nitric Oxide-Hydrogen Sulfide Signaling to Inhibit High Glucose-Induced Matrix Protein Synthesis in Podocytes. Lee HJ, Feliers D, Mariappan M, Sataranatarajan K, Ghosh Choudhury G, Gorin Y, Kasinath BS. J Biol Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Role of hydrogen sulfide within the dorsal motor nucleus of the vagus in the control of gastric function in rats. Sun HZ, Yu KH, Ai HB. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2015 Mar 14.
- Hydrogen sulfide maintains mitochondrial DNA replication via demethylation of TFAM. Li S, Yang G. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2015 Mar 10.
- Facile assembly of oppositely charged silver sulfide nanoparticles into photoluminescent mesoporous nanospheres. Tan L, Liu S, Yang Q, Shen YM. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 15.
- Cinnamaldehyde promotes root branching by regulating endogenous hydrogen sulfide. Xue YF, Zhang M, Qi ZQ, Li YQ, Shi Z, Chen J. J Sci Food Agric. 2015 Mar 6.
- Severe hydrogen sulfide intoxication treated with therapeutic hypothermia: a case report. Wu SH, Chen KF, Chan YL. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Feb 20.
- BDNF-TrkB Pathway Mediates Neuroprotection of Hydrogen Sulfide against Formaldehyde-Induced Toxicity to PC12 Cells. Jiang JM, Zhou CF, Gao SL, Tian Y, Wang CY, Wang L, Gu HF, Tang XQ. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 6
- Hydrogen sulfide mitigates homocysteine-mediated pathological remodeling by inducing miR-133a in cardiomyocytes. Kesherwani V, Nandi SS, Sharawat SK, Shahshahan HR, Mishra PK. Mol Cell Biochem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hydrogen sulfide improves cardiomyocytes electrical remodeling post ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Sun YG, Wang XY, Chen X, Shen CX, Li YG. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015 Jan 1
- Matrix metalloproteinases in atherosclerosis: role of nitric oxide, hydrogen sulfide, homocysteine, and polymorphisms. Vacek TP, Rehman S, Neamtu D, Yu S, Givimani S, Tyagi SC. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2015 Feb 27
- Cadmium sulfide quantum dots induce oxydative-stress and behavioural impairments in the marine clam Scrobicularia plana. Buffet PE, Zalouk-Vergnoux A, Poirier L, Lopes C, Risso-de Faverney C, Guibbolini M, Gilliland D, Perrein-Ettajani H, Valsami-Jones E, Mouneyrac C. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Study and modeling of the evolution of gas-liquid partitioning of hydrogen sulfide in model solutions simulating winemaking fermentations. Mouret JR, Sablayrolles JM, Farines V. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Denitrifying sulfide removal process on high-salinity wastewaters. Liu C, Zhao C, Wang A, Guo Y, Lee DJ. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015 Mar 17.
- Hexametaphosphate-Capped Silica Mesoporous Nanoparticles Containing CuII Complexes for the Selective and Sensitive Optical Detection of Hydrogen Sulfide in Water. El Sayed S, Milani M, Licchelli M, Martínez-Máñez R, Sancenón F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.