High Purity Os Crucibles
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Osmium Crucibles||OS-M-02-CR||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Osmium Crucibles||OS-M-03-CR||Request Quote|
|(3N5) 99.95% Osmium Crucibles||OS-M-35-CR||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Tensile Strength||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Thermal Conductivity||Electrical Resistivity||Eletronegativity||Specific Heat||Heat of Vaporization||Heat of Fusion||MSDS|
|190.23||Yellow Crystalline Solid||22.57 gm/cc||N/A||3045 °C||5027 °C||N/A||9.5 microhm-cm @ 20°C||2.2 Paulings||0.03127 Cal/g/K @ 25°C||162 K-Cal/gm atom at 5027°C||7.0 Cal/gm mole||Safety Data Sheet|
American Elements specializes in supplying Osmium Crucibles with a variety of dimensions including round, in numerous standard diameters and wall thicknesses. Custom configurations are available. Materials include most metals including most transition, refractory and precious metals and other advanced materials. Crucibles can also be produced from custom materials and alloys for commercial and research applications and for new proprietary technologies. Other available shapes include tubes, bar or plate form, as well as custom machined shapes and through other processes such as nanoparticles (See also application discussion at Nanotechnology Information and at Quantum Dots ) and in the form of solutions and organometallics . See research below. We also produce Osmium as rod, pellets, powder, pieces, granules, ingot, wire, and in compound forms, such as oxide. Other shapes are available by request.
Osmium (atomic symbol: Os, atomic number: 76) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 190.23. The number of electrons in each of osmium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 32, 14, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f14 5d6 6s2. The osmium atom has a radius of 135 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 216 pm. Osmium was discovered and first isolated by Smithson Tennant in 1803. In its elemental form, osmium has a silvery blue cast apperance. Osmium has the highest melting point and the lowest vapor pressure of any of the platinum group of metals; it is also the densest naturally ocurring element.. Osmium is the least abundant stable element in the earth's crust. It is found in the alloys osmiridium and iridiosmium and as a free element. The origin of the name Osmium comes from the Greek word osme, meaning a smell or odor. For more information on osmium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of osmium products, visit the Osmium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 3089 4.1/PG 2
|CUSTOMERS FOR OSMIUM CRUCIBLES HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Osmium Telluride||Bis(cyclopentadienyl)osmium||Osmium Oxide Pellets||Osmium Rod||Osmium Wire|
|Osmium Oxide Nanopwder||Osmium Foil||Osmium Fluoride||Osmium Sputtering Target||Osmium Oxide|
|Osmium Powder||Osmium Chloride||Osmium Pellets||Osmium Bar||Osmium Metal|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Osmium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Osmium
- Highly regioselective osmium-catalyzed hydroformylation. Wu L, Liu Q, Spannenberg A, Jackstell R, Beller M. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 5
- A breast cancer stem cell-selective, mammospheres-potent osmium(VI) nitrido complex. Suntharalingam K, Lin W, Johnstone TC, Bruno PM, Zheng YR, Hemann MT, Lippard SJ. J Am Chem Soc. 2014 Oct 15
- Osmium(III) analogues of KP1019: electrochemical and chemical synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, X-ray crystallography, hydrolytic stability, and antiproliferative activity. Kuhn PS, Büchel GE, Jovanovi? KK, Filipovi? L, Radulovi? S, Rapta P, Arion VB. Inorg Chem. 2014 Oct 20
- Solution to the osmium density challenge. Arblaster JW. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2014 Nov
- Photocurrent Generation from Thylakoid Membranes on Osmium-Redox-Polymer-Modified Electrodes. Hamidi H, Hasan K, Emek SC, Dilgin Y, Åkerlund HE, Albertsson PÅ, Leech D, Gorton L. ChemSusChem. 2015 Feb 20.
- Binding of an organo-osmium(ii) anticancer complex to guanine and cytosine on DNA revealed by electron-based dissociations in high resolution Top-Down FT-ICR mass spectrometry. Wootton CA, Sanchez-Cano C, Liu HK, Barrow MP, Sadler PJ, O'Connor PB. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 10
- Dinuclear osmium(II) probes for high-resolution visualisation of cellular DNA structure using electron microscopy. Wragg A, Gill MR, Hill CJ, Su X, Meijer AJ, Smythe C, Thomas JA. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Dec 4
- Diastereoselective osmium-catalyzed vicinal oxyamination of acyclic allylic alcohol derivatives. Masruri, Kanizaj N, McLeod MD. Chirality. 2014 Nov
- Electrical Wiring of the Aldehyde Oxidoreductase PaoABC with a Polymer Containing Osmium Redox Centers: Biosensors for Benzaldehyde and GABA. Badalyan A, Dierich M, Stiba K, Schwuchow V, Leimkühler S, Wollenberger U. Biosensors (Basel). 2014 Nov 3
- Orthometalation of Dibenzo[1,2]quinoxaline with Ruthenium(II/III), Osmium(II/III/IV), and Rhodium(III) Ions and Orthometalated [RuNO](6/7) Derivatives. Maity S, Kundu S, Saha Roy A, Weyhermüller T, Ghosh P. Inorg Chem. 2015 Feb 16
- Ruthenium(II) and osmium(II) mixed chelates based on pyrenyl-pyridylimidazole and 2,2'-bipyridine ligands as efficient DNA intercalators and anion sensors. Mardanya S, Karmakar S, Maity D, Baitalik S. Inorg Chem. 2015 Jan 20
- Oxidative metalation as a route to size-mismatched macrocyclic complexes: osmium corroles. Alemayehu AB, Gagnon KJ, Terner J, Ghosh A. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014 Dec 22
- Photo-electrochemical communication between cyanobacteria (Leptolyngbia sp.) and osmium redox polymer modified electrodes. Hasan K, Bekir Yildiz H, Sperling E, Conghaile PÓ, Packer MA, Leech D, Hägerhäll C, Gorton L. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014 Dec 7
- Recent advances in osmium-catalyzed hydrogenation and dehydrogenation reactions. Chelucci G, Baldino S, Baratta W. Acc Chem Res. 2015 Feb 17
- Ruthenium and osmium complexes of hemilabile chiral monophosphinite ligands derived from 1D-pinitol or 1D-chiro-inositol as catalysts for asymmetric hydrogenation reactions. Slade AT, Lensink C, Falshaw A, Clark GR, Wright LJ. Dalton Trans. 2014 Dec 7
- Osmium-catalyzed tethered aminohydroxylation of glycals: a stereodirected access to 2- and 3-aminosugars. Mirabella S, Cardona F, Goti A. Org Lett. 2015 Feb 6
- Osmium Polypyridyl Complexes and Their Applications to Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells. Swetha T, Reddy KR, Singh SP. Chem Rec. 2015 Jan 13.
- Morphological study of dendritic cells in human cervix by zinc iodide osmium method. Rabi S, Lionel J, Indrasingh I. J Clin Diagn Res. 2014 Jun
- Ruthenium and Osmium Complexes That Bear Functional Azolate Chelates for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells. Chi Y, Wu KL, Wei TC. Chem Asian J. 2015 Jan 28.
- Enhanced catalytic and SERS activities of CTAB stabilized interconnected osmium nanoclusters. Ede SR, Nithiyanantham U, Kundu S. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014 Nov 7