|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Iron Phosphide Powder||FE-P-05-P||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Iron Phosphide Ingot||FE-P-05-I||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Iron Phosphide Chunk||FE-P-05-CK||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Iron Phosphide Lump||FE-P-05-L||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Iron Phosphide Sputtering Target||FE-P-05-ST||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Iron Phosphide Wafer||FE-P-05-WSX||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|FeP||86.82||Gray, hexagonal needles or blue-gray powder||N/A||N/A||86.908707||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Iron Phosphide is a semiconductor used in high power, high frequency applications and in laser diodes. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite, hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron element page.
Phosphorus (atomic symbol: P, atomic number: 15) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 3 element. The number of electrons in each of Phosphorus's shells is 2, 8, 5 and its electronic configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p3. The phosphorus atom has a radius of 110.5.pm and its Van der Waals radius is 180.pm. Phosphorus is a highly-reactive non-metallic element (sometimes considered a metalloid) with two primary allotropes, white phosphorus and red phosphorus; its black flaky appearance is similar to graphitic carbon. Compound forms of phosphorus include phosphates and phosphides. Phosphorous was first recognized as an element by Hennig Brand in 1669; its name (phosphorus mirabilis, or "bearer of light") was inspired from the brilliant glow emitted by its distillation. For more information on phosphorus, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of phosphorus products, visit the Phosphorus element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|IRON PHOSPHIDE SYNONYMS|
|ferric phosphorus(-3) anion, Ferrophosphide, Triiron phosphide|
|CUSTOMERS FOR IRON PHOSPHIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Iron Pellets||Iron Oxide||Iron Nitrate||Iron Oxide Pellets||Iron Nanoparticles|
|Iron Chloride||Iron Acetylacetonate||Iron Bars||Iron Foil||Aluminum Iron Alloy|
|Zirconium Scandium Iron Alloy||Iron Fluoride||Iron Metal||Iron Acetate||Iron Sputtering Target|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Iron|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Iron Prevents the Development of Experimental Cerebral Malaria by Attenuating CXCR3-Mediated T Cell Chemotaxis. Van Den Ham KM, Shio MT, Rainone A, Fournier S, Krawczyk CM, Olivier M. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 13
- Virtual iron concentration imaging based on dual-energy CT for noninvasive quantification and grading of liver iron content: An iron overload rabbit model study. Luo XF, Yang Y, Yan J, Xie XQ, Zhang H, Chai WM, Wang L, Schmidt B, Yan FH. Eur Radiol. 2015 Mar 15.
- Parenteral iron therapy in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia during pregnancy: a randomized controlled trial. Tariq N, Ayub R, Khan WU, Ijaz S, Alam AY. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2015 Mar
- Effects of Iron Overload on the Bone Marrow Microenvironment in Mice. Zhang Y, Zhai W, Zhao M, Li D, Chai X, Cao X, Meng J, Chen J, Xiao X, Li Q, Mu J, Shen J, Meng A. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- An antioxidant-like action for non-peroxidisable phospholipids using ferrous iron as a peroxidation initiator. Cortie CH, Else PL. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Mar 11.
- A Comparative Study of Iron Uptake Rates and Mechanisms amongst Marine and Fresh Water Cyanobacteria: Prevalence of Reductive Iron Uptake. Lis H, Kranzler C, Keren N, Shaked Y. Life (Basel). 2015 Mar 11
- Micron-sized iron oxide-containing particles for microRNA-targeted manipulation and MRI-based tracking of transplanted cells. Leder A, Raschzok N, Schmidt C, Arabacioglu D, Butter A, Kolano S, de Sousa Lisboa LS, Werner W, Polenz D, Reutzel-Selke A, Pratschke J, Sauer IM. Biomaterials. 2015 May
- The limitations of applying zero-valent iron technology in contaminants sequestration and the corresponding countermeasures: The development in zero-valent iron technology in the last two decades (1994-2014). Guan X, Sun Y, Qin H, Li J, Lo IM, He D, Dong H. Water Res. 2015 Feb 28
- The effects of iron limitation and cell density on prokaryotic metabolism and gene expression: Excerpts from Fusobacterium necrophorum strain 774 (sheep isolate). Antiabong JF, Ball AS, Brown MH. Gene. 2015 Mar 12.
- Removal of hexavalent chromium from aqueous solutions using micro zero-valent iron supported by bentonite layer. Daoud W, Ebadi T, Fahimifar A. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Heparin-Engineered Mesoporous Iron Metal-Organic Framework Nanoparticles: Toward Stealth Drug Nanocarriers. Bellido E, Hidalgo T, Lozano MV, Guillevic M, Simón-Vázquez R, Santander-Ortega MJ, González-Fernández Á, Serre C, Alonso MJ, Horcajada P. Adv Healthc Mater. 2015 Mar 12.
- Iron misregulation and neurodegenerative disease in mouse models that lack iron regulatory proteins. Ghosh MC, Zhang L, Rouault TA. Neurobiol Dis. 2015 Mar 11.
- How to choose a precursor for decomposition solution-phase synthesis: the case of iron nanoparticles. Herman DA, Cheong-Tilley S, McGrath AJ, McVey BF, Lein M, Tilley RD. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 16.
- Iron Supplementation Attenuates the Inflammatory Status of Anemic Piglets by Regulating Hepcidin. Pu Y, Guo B, Liu D, Xiong H, Wang Y, Du H. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- Redox speciation analysis of dissolved iron in estuarine and coastal waters with on-line solid phase extraction and graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry detection. Chen Y, Feng S, Huang Y, Yuan D. Talanta. 2015 May
- Preparation of magnetic core-shell iron oxide-silica-nickel-ethylene glycol microspheres for highly efficient sorption of uranium(vi). Tan L, Zhang X, Liu Q, Wang J, Sun Y, Jing X, Liu J, Song D, Liu L. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Genetic and biochemical investigations of the role of MamP in redox control of iron biomineralization in Magnetospirillum magneticum. Jones SR, Wilson TD, Brown ME, Rahn-Lee L, Yu Y, Fredriksen LL, Ozyamak E, Komeili A, Chang MC. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Mar 16.
- Redox-activity and self-organization of iron-porphyrin monolayers at a copper/electrolyte interface. Phan TH, Wandelt K. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14
Recent Research & Development for Phosphides
- Phosphide delivery to a cyclotrisilene. Robinson TP, Cowley MJ, Scheschkewitz D, Goicoechea JM. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Jan 7
- Mild P-P bond cleavage in the methyldiphosphenyl complex [Mo2Cp2(μ-PCy2)(μ-k(2):k(2)-P2Me)(CO)2] to give novel phosphide-bridged trinuclear derivatives. Alvarez MA, García ME, García-Vivó D, Lozano R, Ramos A, Ruiz MA. Inorg Chem. 2014 Oct 20
- A Case of Accidental Fatal Aluminum Phosphide Poisoning Involving Humans and Dogs. Behera C, Krishna K, Bhardwaj DN, Rautji R, Kumar A. J Forensic Sci. 2015 Feb 24.
- Tetranuclear Phosphide- and Phosphinidene-Bridged Derivatives of the Diphosphenyl Complex [Mo2Cp2(μ-PCy2)(μ-k(2):k(2)-P2Me)(CO)2]. Alvarez MA, García ME, Lozano R, Ramos A, Ruiz MA. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 2
- Ischemic stroke as a rare manifestation of aluminum phosphide poisoning: a case report. Abedini M, Fatehi F, Tabrizi N. Acta Med Iran. 2014
- Semi-analytical description of the S = 9/2 quadrupole nutation NMR experiment: multinuclear application to 113 In and 115 In in indium phosphide. Kempgens P. Magn Reson Chem. 2015 Jan 23.
- Transition-metal complexes containing parent phosphine or phosphinyl ligands and their use as precursors for phosphide nanoparticles. Bauer S, Hunger C, Bodensteiner M, Ojo WS, Cros-Gagneux A, Chaudret B, Nayral C, Delpech F, Scheer M. Inorg Chem. 2014 Nov 3
- Electrocatalytic and photocatalytic hydrogen production from acidic and neutral-pH aqueous solutions using iron phosphide nanoparticles. Callejas JF, McEnaney JM, Read CG, Crompton JC, Biacchi AJ, Popczun EJ, Gordon TR, Lewis NS, Schaak RE. ACS Nano. 2014 Nov 25
- [The clinical characteristics of oral aluminium phosphide poisoning]. Li Q, Yu G, Jian X, Wang J, Sun J, Song C. Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi. 2014 Jul
- Palladium(ii)-1-phenylthio-2-arylchalcogenoethane complexes: palladium phosphide nano-peanut and ribbon formation controlled by chalcogen and Suzuki coupling activation. Kumar Rao G, Kumar A, Saleem F, Singh MP, Kumar S, Kumar B, Mukherjee G, Singh AK. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 11.
- A novel synthetic route to transition metal phosphide nanoparticles. Yao Z, Li M, Wang X, Qiao X, Zhu J, Zhao Y, Wang G, Yin J, Wang H. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 10
- Fatal aluminum phosphide poisonings in Tirana (Albania), 2009 - 2013. Sulaj Z, Drishti A, Çeko I, Gashi A, Vyshka G. Daru. 2015 Jan 25
- Oxidative stress determined through the levels of antioxidant enzymes and the effect of N-acetylcysteine in aluminum phosphide poisoning. Agarwal A, Robo R, Jain N, Gutch M, Consil S, Kumar S. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2014 Oct
- N-acetyl cysteine in aluminum phosphide poisoning: Myth or hope. Chaudhry D, Rai AS. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2014 Oct
- Molybdenum phosphide: a new highly efficient catalyst for the electrochemical hydrogen evolution reaction. Chen X, Wang D, Wang Z, Zhou P, Wu Z, Jiang F. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Oct 11
- Cobalt Phosphide Nanowires: Efficient Nanostructures for Fluorescence Sensing of Biomolecules and Photocatalytic Evolution of Dihydrogen from Water under Visible Light. Tian J, Cheng N, Liu Q, Xing W, Sun X. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Feb 26.
- Aluminum phosphide poisoning: Possible role of supportive measures in the absence of specific antidote. Agrawal VK, Bansal A, Singh RK, Kumawat BL, Mahajan P. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2015 Feb
- Field evaluation of phostoxin and zinc phosphide for the control of zoonotic cutaneous leishmaniasis in a hyperendemic area, central Iran. Akhavan AA, Veysi A, Arandian MH, Vatandoost H, Yaghoobi-Ershadi MR, Hosseini M, Abdoli H, Heidari K, Sadjadi A, Fadaei R, Ramazanpour J, Aminian K, Shirzadi MR, Jafari R. J Vector Borne Dis. 2014 Dec
- Severe reversible myocardial injury associated with aluminium phosphide toxicity: A case report and review of literature. Elabbassi W, Chowdhury MA, Fachtartz AA. J Saudi Heart Assoc. 2014 Oct
- Tungsten phosphide nanorod arrays directly grown on carbon cloth: a highly efficient and stable hydrogen evolution cathode at all pH values. Pu Z, Liu Q, Asiri AM, Sun X. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Dec 24