|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|FeP||86.82||Gray, hexagonal needles or blue-gray powder||N/A||N/A||86.908707||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Iron Phosphide is a semiconductor used in high power, high frequency applications and in laser diodes. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite , hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron Information Center.
Phosphorus (atomic symbol: P, atomic number: 15) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 3 element. The number of electrons in each of Phosphorus's shells is 2, 8, 5 and its electronic configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p3. The phosphorus atom has a radius of 110.5.pm and its Van der Waals radius is 180.pm. Phosphorus is a highly-reactive non-metallic element (sometimes considered a metalloid) with two primary allotropes, white phosphorus and red phosphorus; its black flaky appearance is similar to graphitic carbon. Compound forms of phosphorus include phosphates and phosphides. Phosphorous was first recognized as an element by Hennig Brand in 1669; its name (phosphorus mirabilis, or "bearer of light") was inspired from the brilliant glow emitted by its distillation. For more information on phosphorus, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of phosphorus products, visit the Phosphorus Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|IRON PHOSPHIDE SYNONYMS|
|ferric phosphorus(-3) anion, Ferrophosphide, Triiron phosphide|
CUSTOMERS FOR IRON PHOSPHIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Iron|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Hyperspectral fluorescence imaging for cellular iron mapping in the in vitro model of Parkinson's disease. Oh ES, Heo C, Kim JS, Suh M, Lee YH, Kim JM. J Biomed Opt. 2014 May 1
- Diminution of 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride toxicity on Listeria monocytogenes growth by iron source addition to the culture medium. Junillon T, Flandrois JP. Food Microbiol. 2014 Apr
- Serum albumin forms a lactoferrin-like soluble iron-binding complex in presence of hydrogen carbonate ions. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/10/17 | first author:Ueno HM
- Iron oxide/gold core/shell nanomagnetic probes and CdS biolabels for amplified electrochemical immunosensing of Salmonella typhimurium. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/08/22 | first author:Freitas M
- DNA probe modified with 3-iron bis(dicarbollide) for electrochemical determination of DNA sequence of Avian Influenza Virus H5N1. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Grabowska I.
- Iron-binding properties of sugar cane yeast peptides. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/09/05 | first author:de la Hoz L
- Comparison of bioleaching of heavy metals from municipal sludge using indigenous sulfur and iron-oxidizing microorganisms: Continuous stirred tank reactor studies. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Pathak A
- Bench-scale evaluation of ferrous iron oxidation kinetics in drinking water: Effect of corrosion control and dissolved organic matter. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Rahman S
- Iron concentration, bioavailability, and nutritional quality of polished rice affected by different forms of foliar iron fertilizer. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:He W
- NADH induces iron release from pea seed ferritin: a model for interaction between coenzyme and protein components in foodstuffs. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Lv C
- PCB-77 disturbs iron homeostasis through regulating hepcidin gene expression. Gene. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Wang L
- PEGylated fullerene/iron oxide nanocomposites for photodynamic therapy, targeted drug delivery and MR imaging. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Shi J
- Suppressing iron oxide nanoparticle toxicity by vascular targeted antioxidant polymer nanoparticles. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/09/11 | first author:Cochran DB
- PEG-functionalized iron oxide nanoclusters loaded with chlorin e6 for targeted, NIR light induced, photodynamic therapy. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/09/07 | first author:Li Z
- Newly characterized forms of neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2013 create date:2013/10/22 | first author:Doorn JM
- Intracellular proteins of ethanol-treated yeast cells involved in iron sorption. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Tsuji T
- Oxidative stability of soybean oil in oleosomes as affected by pH and iron. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Kapchie VN
- Spectrophotometric determination of iron in environmental and food samples using solid phase extraction. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Kassem MA
- Meat and heme iron intake and esophageal adenocarcinoma in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition study. Int J Cancer. 2013 create date:2013/06/04 | first author:Jakszyn P
- Forces of interactions between iron and aluminum silicates: Effect of water chemistry and polymer coatings. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/10/12 | first author:Pensini E
Recent Research & Development for Phosphides
- From a Zwitterionic Phosphasilene to Base Stabilized Silyliumylidene-Phosphide and Bis(silylene) Complexes. Breit NC, Szilvási T, Suzuki T, Gallego D, Inoue S. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Nov 13.
- Aluminium phosphide-induced leukopenia. Ntelios D, Mandros C, Potolidis E, Fanourgiakis P. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Oct 30.
- From a Zwitterionic Phosphasilene to Base Stabilized Silyliumylidene-Phosphide and Bis(silylene) Complexes. Breit NC, Szilvási T, Suzuki T, Gallego D, Inoue S. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Oct 30.
- Pulse-reverse electrodeposition of transparent nickel phosphide film with porous nanospheres as a cost-effective counter electrode for dye-sensitized solar cells. Wu MS, Wu JF. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Oct 29
- Gas phase catalytic hydrodechlorination of chlorobenzene over cobalt phosphide catalysts with different P contents. J Hazard Mater. 2013 create date:2013/06/12 | first author:Cecilia JA
- Is the Use of Cardioactive Steroids Appropriate in Managing Aluminium Phosphide Poisoning-Induced Heart Failure? Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2013 create date:2013/10/03 | first author:Marashi SM
- A Common Misconception in the Management of Aluminium Phosphide Poisoning. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2013 create date:2013/10/03 | first author:Marashi SM.
- Use of continuous renal replacement therapy in acute aluminum phosphide poisoning: a novel therapy. Ren Fail. 2013 create date:2013/07/20 | first author:Nasa P
- Solution-Processed Zinc Phosphide (Î±-Zn(3)P(2)) Colloidal Semiconducting Nanocrystals for Thin Film Photovoltaic Applications. ACS Nano. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Luber EJ
- Mitochondrial electron transport chain complexes, catalase and markers of oxidative stress in platelets of patients with severe aluminum phosphide poisoning. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2013 create date:2013/07/04 | first author:Anand R
- Structural transitions at the nanoscale: the example of palladium phosphides synthesized from white phosphorus. Carenco S, Hu Y, Florea I, Ersen O, Boissière C, Sanchez C, Mézailles N. Dalton Trans. 2013 Aug 13
- Ingestion of gallium phosphide" nanowires has no adverse effect on Drosophila tissue function. Adolfsson K, Schneider M, Hammarin G, Häcker U, Prinz CN. Nanotechnology. 2013 Jul 19.
- Solution-Processed Zinc Phosphide (α-Zn3P2) Colloidal Semiconducting Nanocrystals for Thin Film Photovoltaic Applications. Luber EJ, Mobarok MH, Buriak JM. ACS Nano. 2013 Aug 19. Use of continuous renal replacement therapy in acute aluminum phosphide poisoning: a novel therapy. Nasa P, Gupta A, Mangal K, Nagrani SK, Raina S, Yadav R. Ren Fail. 2013 Jul 19.
- Semiconducting and plasmonic copper phosphide platelets. Manna G, Bose R, Pradhan N. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 Jun 24.
- Nanoscaled Metal Borides and Phosphides: Recent Developments and Perspectives. Carenco S, Portehault D, Boissière C, Mézailles N, Sanchez C. Chem Rev. 2013 Jun 17.
- [Survival after oral poisoning with insecticide against moles containing aluminium phosphide.] Eggertsen PM, Kristensen AK, Bredahl C. Ugeskr Laeger. 2013 Jun 10.
- Nanostructured Nickel Phosphide as an Electrocatalyst for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction. Popczun EJ, McKone JR, Read CG, Biacchi AJ, Wiltrout AM, Lewis NS, Schaak RE. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Jun 13.
- Gas phase catalytic hydrodechlorination of chlorobenzene over cobalt phosphide catalysts with different P contents. Cecilia JA, Infantes-Molina A, Rodríguez-Castellón E, Jiménez-López A. J Hazard Mater. 2013 May 15.
- [Suicide attempt with aluminum phosphide poisoning]. Reyna-Medina M, Vázquez-de Anda GF, García-Monroy J, Valdespino-Salinas EA, Vicente-Cruz DC. Rev Med Inst Mex Seguro Soc. 2013 Mar-Apr.
- Structural transitions at the nanoscale: the example of palladium phosphides synthesized from white phosphorus. Carenco S, Hu Y, Florea I, Ersen O, Boissière C, Sanchez C, Mézailles N. Dalton Trans. 2013 May 15.