|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|FeP||86.82||Gray, hexagonal needles or blue-gray powder||N/A||N/A||86.908707||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Iron Phosphide is a semiconductor used in high power, high frequency applications and in laser diodes. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite , hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron Information Center.
Phosphorus (atomic symbol: P, atomic number: 15) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 3 element. The number of electrons in each of Phosphorus's shells is 2, 8, 5 and its electronic configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p3. The phosphorus atom has a radius of 110.5.pm and its Van der Waals radius is 180.pm. Phosphorus is a highly-reactive non-metallic element (sometimes considered a metalloid) with two primary allotropes, white phosphorus and red phosphorus; its black flaky appearance is similar to graphitic carbon. Compound forms of phosphorus include phosphates and phosphides. Phosphorous was first recognized as an element by Hennig Brand in 1669; its name (phosphorus mirabilis, or "bearer of light") was inspired from the brilliant glow emitted by its distillation. For more information on phosphorus, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of phosphorus products, visit the Phosphorus Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|IRON PHOSPHIDE SYNONYMS|
|ferric phosphorus(-3) anion, Ferrophosphide, Triiron phosphide|
CUSTOMERS FOR IRON PHOSPHIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Iron|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Characterization of iron ferromagnetism by the local atomic volume: from three-dimensional structures to isolated atoms. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:Zhang L
- TMEDA in Iron-Catalyzed Kumada Coupling: Amine Adduct versus Homoleptic ate" Complex Formation." Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Bedford RB
- Hemoglobin as a source of iron overload in multiple sclerosis: does multiple sclerosis share risk factors with vascular disorders? Cell Mol Life Sci. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Bamm VV
- Serum hepcidin levels and iron metabolism in obese children with and without fatty liver: case-control study. Eur J Pediatr. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:DemircioÄŸlu F
- Iron oxide nanoparticle agglomeration influences dose rates and modulates oxidative stress-mediated dose-response profiles in vitro. Sharma G, Kodali V, Gaffrey M, Wang W, Minard KR, Karin NJ, Teeguarden JG, Thrall BD. Nanotoxicology 2014.
- Assessment of Iron Overload in Very Young Children with Limited Thalassemia Care Resources in South China. Hemoglobin. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Au WY
- Electronic effects in high-energy radiation damage in iron. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Zarkadoula E
- RETRACTION: Pretorius E, Lipinski B. Iron alters red blood cell morphology. Blood. Blood. 2014
- Simultaneous 2D imaging of dissolved iron and reactive phosphorus in sediment pore-waters by thin-film and hyperspectral methods. Environ Sci Technol. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Cesbron F
- Suppressive effects of iron overloading on vascular calcification in uremic rats. J Nephrol. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:Seto T
- Ultrafast observation of critical nematic fluctuations and giant magnetoelastic coupling in iron pnictides. Nat Commun. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:Patz A
- Iron chelation: an update. Curr Opin Hematol. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Sheth S
- Serum albumin forms a lactoferrin-like soluble iron-binding complex in presence of hydrogen carbonate ions. Food Chem 2014 | first author:Ueno HM
- Efficient synthesis of functionalized dihydroquinolines, quinolines and dihydrobenzo[b]azepine via an iron(iii) chloride-catalyzed intramolecular alkyne-carbonyl metathesis of alkyne tethered 2-amino benzaldehyde/acetophenone derivatives. Org Biomol Chem. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:Jalal S
- Scavenging iron: a novel mechanism of plant immunity activation by microbial siderophores. Plant Physiol. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:Aznar A
- Iron deficiency increases blood lead levels in boys and pre-menarche girls surveyed in KNHANES 2010-2011. Environ Res. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Sim CS
- Comparison of bioleaching of heavy metals from municipal sludge using indigenous sulfur and iron-oxidizing microorganisms: Continuous stirred tank reactor studies. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2014 | first author:Pathak A
- Spectroscopic investigation on kinetics, thermodynamics and mechanism for electron transfer reaction of iron(III) complex with sulphur centered radical in stimulated biological system. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Deepalakshmi S
- A very rare case of duodenal hemolymphangioma presenting with iron deficiency anemia. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Antonino A
- Evidence for a Role for Interleukin-17, Th17 Cells and Iron Homeostasis in Protective Immunity against Tuberculosis in Cynomolgus Macaques. PLoS One. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Wareham AS
Recent Research & Development for Phosphides
- Easily-prepared dinickel phosphide (Ni2P) nanoparticles as an efficient and robust electrocatalyst for hydrogen evolution. Feng L, Vrubel H, Bensimon M, Hu X. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014 Feb.
- Hexanuclear Gold(I) Phosphide Complexes as Platforms for Multiple Redox-Active Ferrocenyl Units. Lee TK, Cheng EC, Zhu N, Yam VW. Chemistry. 2013 Dec.
- Abdominal imaging in zinc phosphide poisoning. Hassanian-Moghaddam H, Shahnazi M, Zamani N, Bahrami-Motlagh H. Emerg Radiol 2014.
- Successful treatment of cardiogenic shock with an intra-aortic balloon pump following aluminium phosphide poisoning. Mehrpour O, Amouzeshi A, Dadpour B, Oghabian Z, Zamani N, Amini S, Hoffman RS. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2014 Jan.
- Gas phase catalytic hydrodechlorination of chlorobenzene over cobalt phosphide catalysts with different P contents. J Hazard Mater. 2013 | first author:Cecilia JA
- 25th anniversary article: exploring nanoscaled matter from speciation to phase diagrams: metal phosphide nanoparticles as a case of study. Carenco S, Portehault D, Boissière C, Mézailles N, Sanchez C. Adv Mater. 2014 Jan.
- Aluminium phosphide-induced leukopenia. Ntelios D, Mandros C, Potolidis E, Fanourgiakis P. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Oct.
- 25th Anniversary Article: Exploring Nanoscaled Matter from Speciation to Phase Diagrams: Metal Phosphide Nanoparticles as a Case of Study. Carenco S, Portehault D, Boissière C, Mézailles N, Sanchez C. Adv Mater. 2013 Dec.
- Pulse-reverse electrodeposition of transparent nickel phosphide film with porous nanospheres as a cost-effective counter electrode for dye-sensitized solar cells. Wu MS, Wu JF. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Oct.
- Pulse-reverse electrodeposition of transparent nickel phosphide film with porous nanospheres as a cost-effective counter electrode for dye-sensitized solar cells. Wu MS, Wu JF. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013
- A Common Misconception in the Management of Aluminium Phosphide Poisoning. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2013 create date:2013/10/03 | first author:Marashi SM.
- From a Zwitterionic Phosphasilene to Base Stabilized Silyliumylidene-Phosphide and Bis(silylene) Complexes. Breit NC, Szilvási T, Suzuki T, Gallego D, Inoue S. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Nov.
- Solution-Processed Zinc Phosphide (Î±-Zn(3)P(2)) Colloidal Semiconducting Nanocrystals for Thin Film Photovoltaic Applications. ACS Nano. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Luber EJ
- From a Zwitterionic Phosphasilene to Base Stabilized Silyliumylidene-Phosphide and Bis(silylene) Complexes. Breit NC, Szilvási T, Suzuki T, Gallego D, Inoue S. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Oct.
- Structural transitions at the nanoscale: the example of palladium phosphides synthesized from white phosphorus. Carenco S, Hu Y, Florea I, Ersen O, Boissière C, Sanchez C, Mézailles N. Dalton Trans. 2013 Aug.
- Is the Use of Cardioactive Steroids Appropriate in Managing Aluminium Phosphide Poisoning-Induced Heart Failure? Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2013 create date:2013/10/03 | first author:Marashi SM
- Ingestion of gallium phosphide" nanowires has no adverse effect on Drosophila tissue function. Adolfsson K, Schneider M, Hammarin G, Häcker U, Prinz CN. Nanotechnology. 2013 Jul 19.
- Use of continuous renal replacement therapy in acute aluminum phosphide poisoning: a novel therapy. Ren Fail. 2013 create date:2013/07/20 | first author:Nasa P
- Semiconducting and plasmonic copper phosphide platelets. Manna G, Bose R, Pradhan N. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013.
- Nanoscaled Metal Borides and Phosphides: Recent Developments and Perspectives. Carenco S, Portehault D, Boissière C, Mézailles N, Sanchez C. Chem Rev. 2013 Jun.