Potassium bis(oxalato)Cuprate(II) Hydrate
K2[Cu(C2O4)2] • xH2O
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Potassium bis(oxalato)Cuprate(II) Hydrate||KCU-OM-02-HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Potassium bis(oxalato)Cuprate(II) Hydrate||KCU-OM-03-HYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Potassium bis(oxalato)Cuprate(II) Hydrate||KCU-OM-04-HYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Potassium bis(oxalato)Cuprate(II) Hydrate||KCU-OM-05-HYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||IUPAC Name||SMILES
|K2[Cu(C2O4)2] • xH2O||162247105||16217290||MFCD04974083||dipotassium; copper;2-hydroxy
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C4H4CuK2O9||337.81||Powder||260 °C||N/A||N/A||336.84||482.705321||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Potassium bis(oxalato)Cuprate(II) Hydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
Copper (atomic symbol: Cu, atomic number: 29) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 63.546. The number of electrons in each of copper's shells is 2, 8, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s1. The copper atom has a radius of 128 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Copper was first discovered by Early Man prior to 9000 BC. In its elemental form, copper has a red-orange metallic luster appearance. Of all pure metals, only silver has a higher electrical conductivity.The origin of the word copper comes from the Latin word 'cuprium' which translates as "metal of Cyprus." Cyprus, a Mediterranean island, was known as an ancient source of mined copper. For more information on copper, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of copper products, visit the Copper element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CUSTOMERS FOR POTASSIUM BIS(OXALATO)CUPRATE(II) HYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Potassium 2-Ethylhexanoate||Potassium Oxide||Potassium Chloride||Potassium Acetate||Potassium Wire|
|Potassium Nitrate||Potassium Metal||Potassium Oxide Pellets||Potassium Sodium Alloy||Potassium Sputtering Target|
|Potassium Oxide Nanopowder||Potassium Oxide Powder||Potassium Foil||Silver Potassium Cyanide||Potassium Pellets|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Potassium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Design and synthesis of new potassium channel activators derived from the ring opening of diazoxide: Study of their vasodilatory effect, stimulation of elastin synthesis and inhibitory effect on insulin release. Bouider N, Fhayli W, Ghandour Z, Boyer M, Harrouche K, Florence X, Pirotte B, Lebrun P, Faury G, Khelili S. Bioorg Med Chem. 2015 Feb 27.
- Geostatistical approach for management of soil nutrients with special emphasis on different forms of potassium considering their spatial variation in intensive cropping system of West Bengal, India. Chatterjee S, Santra P, Majumdar K, Ghosh D, Das I, Sanyal SK. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effect of glucose-insulin-potassium on hyperlactataemia in patients undergoing valvular heart surgery: A prospective, randomised controlled study. Un Roh G, Shim JK, Song JW, Kang HM, Kwak YL. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2015 Mar 10.
- Potassium Abnormalities in Current Clinical Practice: Frequency, Causes, Severity and Management. Eliacik E, Yildirim T, Sahin U, Kizilarslanoglu C, Tapan U, Aybal-Kutlugun A, Hascelik G, Arici M. Med Princ Pract. 2015 Mar 11.
- Comparison of urinary sodium and potassium in children older than two with idiopathic hypercalciuria and a healthy control group in Bandar-Abbas, Iran, in 2013. Ajdadi E, Esteghamati M, Ghasemi K, Shahvari SZ. Electron Physician. 2014 Jul 1
- Effects of extracellular potassium diffusion on electrically coupled neuron networks. Wu XX, Shuai J. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2015 Feb
- Ionotropic cross-linked carbo-protein micro matrix system: An approach for improvement of drug release, compaction and tabletting behavior of losartan potassium. Khandai M, Chakraborty S, Ghosh AK. Curr Drug Deliv. 2015 Mar 10.
- Effect of Dietary Sodium and Potassium Intake on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Mass in Adults ≤40 Years (from the Strong Heart Study). Haring B, Wang W, Lee ET, Jhamnani S, Howard BV, Devereux RB. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Feb 12.
- Effect of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium activation on peripheral and central pain sensitization. Shen S, Cao S, Huang S, Chen J. J Surg Res. 2015 Jan 28.
- Magnolol and honokiol regulate the calcium-activated potassium channels signaling pathway in enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli-induced diarrhea mice. Deng Y, Han X, Tang S, Xiao W, Tan Z, Zhou C, Wang M, Kang J. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Extracellular sodium and potassium levels modulate cardiac conduction in mice heterozygous null for the Connexin43 gene. George SA, Sciuto KJ, Lin J, Salama ME, Keener JP, Gourdie RG, Poelzing S. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Two-pore-domain potassium channels: regulators of many cellular functions. Budde T, Daut J, Kurtz A, Pape HC. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- [New potassium binders effective: treatment of hyperkalaemia secondary to RAAS inhibitors]. Hoorn EJ. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2015
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun
- Palpitations, potassium and the pump. Weiss JN. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Nitric oxide influences potassium currents in inner hair cells isolated from guinea-pig cochlea. Kimitsuki T. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2015 Mar 10.
- Erratum to: The Protective Effect of Epoxyeicosatrienoic Acids on Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury is Associated with PI3K/Akt Pathway and ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channels. Qu YY, Yuan MY, Liu Y, Zhu YL, Xiao XJ. Neurochem Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- Soil microbial response to waste potassium silicate drilling fluid. Yao L, Anne Naeth M, Jobson A. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Mar 1
Recent Research & Development for Copper
- Disulfiram (DSF) acts as a copper ionophore to induce copper-dependent oxidative stress and mediate anti-tumor efficacy in inflammatory breast cancer. Allensworth JL, Evans MK, Bertucci F, Aldrich AJ, Festa RA, Finetti P, Ueno NT, Safi R, McDonnell DP, Thiele DJ, Van Laere S, Devi GR. Mol Oncol. 2015 Feb 21.
- Aerosol assisted CVD grown WO3 nanoneedles decorated with copper oxide nanoparticles for the selective and humidity resilient detection of H2S. Annanouch FE, Haddi Z, Vallejos S, Umek P, Guttmann P, Bittencourt C, Llobet E. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- Enhanced Photoelectrocatalytic Decomposition of Copper Cyanide Complexes and Simultaneous Recovery of Copper with Bi2MoO6 Electrode under Visible Light by EDTA/K4P2O7. Zhao X, Zhang J, Qiao M, Liu H, Qu J. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 13.
- Copper-mediated ortho C-H sulfonylation of benzoic acid derivatives with sodium sulfinates. Liu J, Yu L, Zhuang S, Gui Q, Chen X, Wang W, Tan Z. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 13.
- Comparative toxicity of copper nanoparticles across three Lemnaceae species. Song L, Vijver MG, Peijnenburg WJ. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 9
- Association of structural modifications with bioactivity in three new copper(II) complexes of Schiff base ligands derived from 5-chlorosalicylaldehyde and amino acids. Li A, Liu YH, Yuan LZ, Ma ZY, Zhao CL, Xie CZ, Bao WG, Xu JY. J Inorg Biochem. 2015 Mar 2
- Sequential recovery of copper and nickel from wastewater without net energy input. Cai WF, Fang XW, Xu MX, Liu XH, Wang YH. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Copper-Catalyzed Selective Arylations of Benzoxazoles with Aryl Iodides. Kim D, Yoo K, Kim SE, Cho HJ, Lee J, Kim Y, Kim M. J Org Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Copper(i)-catalyzed heteroannulation of fullerene with ketoxime acetates: preparation of novel 1-fulleropyrrolines. Jiang SP, Su YT, Liu KQ, Wu QH, Wang GW. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 13.
- Suppressing Bacterial Interaction with Copper Surfaces through Graphene and Hexagonal-Boron Nitride Coatings. Parra C, Montero-Silva F, Henriquez R, Flores M, Garin C, Ramirez C, Moreno M, Correa J, Seeger M, Häberle P. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- A dual radiolabelling approach for tracking metal complexes: investigating the speciation of copper bis(thiosemicarbazonates) in vitro and in vivo. Hueting R, Kersemans V, Tredwell M, Cornelissen B, Christlieb M, Gee AD, Passchier J, Smart SC, Gouverneur V, Muschel RJ, Dilworth JR. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 13.
- Effects of copper and lead exposure on the ecophysiology of the brown seaweed Sargassum cymosum. Costa GB, de Felix MR, Simioni C, Ramlov F, Oliveira ER, Pereira DT, Maraschin M, Chow F, Horta PA, Lalau CM, da Costa CH, Matias WG, Bouzon ZL, Schmidt ÉC. Protoplasma. 2015 Mar 15.
- Transcriptional and biochemical markers in transplanted Perca flavescens to characterize cadmium- and copper-induced oxidative stress in the field. Defo MA, Bernatchez L, Campbell PG, Couture P. Aquat Toxicol. 2015 Feb 21
- The size, but not the fluctuating asymmetry of the leaf, of silver birch changes under the gradient influence of emissions of the Karabash Copper Smelter Plant. Koroteeva EV, Veselkin DV, Kuyantseva NB, Chashchina OE. Dokl Biol Sci. 2015 Jan
- Adsorption of copper on tri-amino-functionalized mesoporous delta manganese dioxide from aqueous solution. Zhai Y, Xu X, Wang H, Shi X, Lei D. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- ZnII (atsm) is protective in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis model mice via a copper delivery mechanism. McAllum EJ, Roberts BR, Hickey JL, Dang TN, Grubman A, Donnelly PS, Liddell JR, White AR, Crouch PJ. Neurobiol Dis. 2015 Mar 10.
- A highly sensitive fluorescence probe for metallothioneins based on tiron-copper complex. Xiao X, Xue J, Liao L, Huang M, Zhou B, He B. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 18
- Comparison of the capacity of two biotic ligand models to predict chronic copper toxicity to two Daphnia magna clones and formulation of a generalized bioavailability model. Van Regenmortel T, Janssen CR, De Schamphelaere KA. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Redox-activity and self-organization of iron-porphyrin monolayers at a copper/electrolyte interface. Phan TH, Wandelt K. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14
- Copper-catalyzed aerobic oxidative cleavage of C-C bonds in epoxides leading to aryl nitriles and aryl aldehydes. Gu L, Jin C. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 16.