|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-02||Request Quote|
|(2N5) 99.5% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-025||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-03||Request Quote|
|(3N5) 99.95% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-035||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|N/A||5.27 g/cm3||482.617753||482.617767 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Ruthenium Iodide is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Iodide compounds are used in internal medicine. Treating an iodide with Ruthenium dioxide and sulfuric acid sublimes the iodine. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Ruthenium (atomic symbol: Ru, atomic number: 44) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 5 elemen with an atomic weight of 101.07. The number of electrons in each of ruthenium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 15, 1] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d7 5s1. The ruthenium atom has a radius of 134 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 207 pm. Ruthenium was discovered by Jędrzej Śniadecki in 1807.It was first recognized as a distinct element by Karl Ernst Claus in 1844. In its elemental form, ruthenium has a silvery white metallic appearance. Ruthenium is a rare transition metal belonging to the platinum group of metals. It is found in pentlandite, pyroxenite, and platinum group metal ores. The name Ruthenium originates from the Latin word "Ruthenia," meaning Russia. For more information on ruthenium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of ruthenium products, visit the Ruthenium element page.
Iodine (atomic symbol: I, atomic number: 53) is a Block P, Group 17, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 126.90447. The number of electrons in each of Iodine's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 7 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p5. The iodine atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 198 pm. In its elemental form, iodine has a lustrous metallic gray appearance as a solid and a violet appearance as a gas or liquid solution. Iodine forms compounds with many elements, but is less active than the other halogens. It dissolves readily in chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, or carbon disulfide. Iodine compounds are important in organic chemistry and very useful in the field of medicine. Iodine was discovered and first isolated by Bernard Courtois in 1811. The name Iodine is derived from the Greek word "iodes" meaning violet. For more information on iodine, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iodine products, visit the Iodine element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|RUTHENIUM(III) IODIDE SYNONYMS|
|Ruthenium(3+) triiodide, ruthenium triiodide, triiodoruthenium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Ruthenium
- Response of a chemical wave to local pulse irradiation in the ruthenium-catalyzed Belousov-Zhabotinsky reaction. Nakata S, Suzuki S, Ezaki T, Kitahata H, Nishi K, Nishiura Y. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Vinyl Ruthenium-Modified Biphenyl and 2,2'-Bipyridines. Scheerer S, Rotthowe N, Abdel-Rahman OS, He X, Rigaut S, Kvapilová H, Záliš S, Winter RF. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 11.
- Luminescent Ruthenium(II) Complex Bearing Bipyridine and N-Heterocyclic Carbene-based C(^)N(^)C Pincer Ligand for Live-Cell Imaging of Endocytosis. Tsui WK, Chung LH, Wong MM, Tsang WH, Lo HS, Liu Y, Leung CH, Ma DL, Chiu SK, Wong CY. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 13
- Quantification of bindings of organometallic ruthenium complexes to GSTΠ by mass spectrometry. Lin Y, Huang Y, Zheng W, Wu K, Luo Q, Zhao Y, Xiong S, Wang F. J Inorg Biochem. 2015 Mar 2
- Dual Emissions from Ruthenium(II) Complexes Having 4-Arylethynyl-1,10-phenanthroline at Low Temperature. Sakuda E, Matsumoto C, Ando Y, Ito A, Mochida K, Nakagawa A, Kitamura N. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 6.
- A Ruthenium-Based Biomimetic Hydrogen Cluster for Efficient Photocatalytic Hydrogen Generation from Formic Acid. Chang CH, Chen MH, Du WS, Gliniak J, Lin JH, Wu HH, Chan HF, Yu JS, Wu TK. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 12.
- Energy Dependence of the Ruthenium(II)-Bipyridine Metal-to-Ligand-Charge-Transfer Excited State Radiative Lifetimes: Effects of ΠΠ (bipyridine) Mixing. Thomas RA, Tsai CN, Mazumder S, Lu IC, Lord RL, Schlegel HB, Chen YJ, Endicott JF. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Mar 12.
- Ruthenium(II)-Catalyzed C?H Activation/Alkyne Annulation by Weak Coordination with O2 as the Sole Oxidant. Warratz S, Kornhaaß C, Cajaraville A, Niepötter B, Stalke D, Ackermann L. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 3.
- New Ruthenium Bis(terpyridine) Methanofullerene and Pyrrolidinofullerene Complexes: Synthesis and Electrochemical and Photophysical Properties. Barthelmes K, Kübel J, Winter A, Wächtler M, Friebe C, Dietzek B, Schubert US. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Ruthenium-Catalyzed Heteroatom-Directed Regioselective C-H Arylation of Indoles Using a Removable Tether. Tiwari VK, Kamal N, Kapur M. Org Lett. 2015 Mar 12.
- Ruthenium-catalyzed aerobic oxidative decarboxylation of amino acids: a green, zero-waste route to biobased nitriles. Claes L, Verduyckt J, Stassen I, Lagrain B, De Vos DE. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 16.
- Ruthenium Complexes with Dendritic Ferrocenyl Phosphanes: Synthesis, Characterization, and Application in the Catalytic Redox Isomerization of Allylic Alcohols. Neumann P, Dib H, Sournia-Saquet A, Grell T, Handke M, Caminade AM, Hey-Hawkins E. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 12.
- Excited State Dynamics and Isomerization in Ruthenium Sulfoxide Complexes. King AW, Wang L, Rack JJ. Acc Chem Res. 2015 Mar 11.
- Enantioselective Syntheses of Sulfoxides in Octahedral Ruthenium(II) Complexes via a Chiral-at-Metal Strategy. Li ZZ, Wen AH, Yao SY, Ye BH. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 16
- Revelation of Varying Bonding Motif of Alloxazine, a Flavin Analogue, in Selected Ruthenium(II/III) Frameworks. Mondal P, Ray R, Das A, Lahiri GK. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 16
- Orbital entanglement and CASSCF analysis of the Ru-NO bond in a Ruthenium nitrosyl complex. Freitag L, Knecht S, Keller SF, Delcey MG, Aquilante F, Bondo Pedersen T, Lindh R, Reiher M, González L. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 13.
- Thiolate-Bridged Dinuclear Ruthenium- and Iron-Complexes as Robust and Efficient Catalysts toward Oxidation of Molecular Dihydrogen in Protic Solvents. Yuki M, Sakata K, Hirao Y, Nonoyama N, Nakajima K, Nishibayashi Y. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 10.
- Ruthenium-Catalyzed C?C Coupling of Fluorinated Alcohols with Allenes: Dehydrogenation at the Energetic Limit of β-Hydride Elimination. Sam B, Luong T, Krische MJ. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 10.
- Chemiluminescence detection of MDMA in street drug samples using tris(2,2'-bipyridine)ruthenium(III). Theakstone AG, Smith ZM, Terry JM, Barnett NW, Francis PS. Drug Test Anal. 2015 Mar 9.
- Highly Stereoselective Ruthenium(II)-Catalyzed Direct C2-syn-Alkenylation of Indoles with Alkynes. Zhang W, Wei J, Fu S, Lin D, Jiang H, Zeng W. Org Lett. 2015 Mar 6.
Recent Research & Development for Iodides
- Iodide- and Glucose-handling Gene Expression Regulated by Sorafenib or Cabozantinib in Papillary Thyroid Cancer. Ruan M, Liu M, Dong Q, Chen L. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Mar 13:jc20143023.
- Effect of silver diamine fluoride and potassium iodide on residual bacteria in dentinal tubules. Hamama H, Yiu C, Burrow M. Aust Dent J. 2015 Mar
- Chitosan finishing nonwoven textiles loaded with silver and iodide for antibacterial wound dressing applications. Aubert-Viard F, Martin A, Chai F, Neut C, Tabary N, Martel B, Blanchemain N. Biomed Mater. 2015 Mar 2
- UV-assisted photocatalytic synthesis of highly dispersed Ag nanoparticles supported on DNA decorated graphene for quantitative iodide analysis. Kong FY, Li WW, Wang JY, Wang W. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 Feb 18
- Mechanochromic Luminescence of Copper Iodide Clusters. Benito Q, Maurin I, Cheisson T, Nocton G, Fargues A, Garcia A, Martineau C, Gacoin T, Boilot JP, Perruchas S. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 5.
- Synthesis of [3-N-11 C-methyl]temozolomide via in situ activation of 3-N-hydroxymethyl temozolomide and alkylation with [11 C]methyl iodide. Eriksson J, Van Kooij R, Schuit RC, Froklage FE, Reijneveld JC, Hendrikse NH, Windhorst AD. J Labelled Comp Radiopharm. 2015 Feb 17.
- Luminescent Properties of Cerium Doped Potassium Iodide Single Crystals in Response to γ-irradiation. Bangaru S, Saradha K, Muralidharan G. J Fluoresc. 2015 Mar 6.
- Effect of Excessive Potassium Iodide on Rat Aorta Endothelial Cells. Zhang M, Zou X, Lin X, Bian J, Meng H, Liu D. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Feb 19.
- Impact of Ligand Framework on the Crystal Structures and Luminescent Properties of Cu(I) and Ag(I) Clusters and a Coordination Polymer Derived from Thiolate/Iodide/dppm Ligands. Rajput G, Yadav MK, Drew MG, Singh N. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 16
- Empowering a transition-metal-free coupling between alkyne and alkyl iodide with light in water. Liu W, Li L, Li CJ. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 10
- Formulation and optimization of potassium iodide tablets. Al-Achi A, Patel B. Saudi Pharm J. 2015 Jan
- Mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-mediated, tumor stroma-targeted radioiodine therapy of metastatic colon cancer using the sodium iodide symporter as theranostic gene. Knoop K, Schwenk N, Schmohl K, Müller A, Zach C, Cyran C, Carlsen J, Böning G, Bartenstein P, Göke B, Wagner E, Nelson P, Spitzweg C. J Nucl Med. 2015 Mar 5.
- A facile room temperature iodination route to in situ fabrication of patterned copper-iodide/silicon quasi-bulk-heterojunction thin films for photovoltaic application. Zhang L, Lei Y, Yang X, Cheng J, Wang C, Jia H, Zheng Z. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 10
- Incorporation of bactericidal poly-acrylic acid modified copper iodide particles into adhesive resins. Sabatini C, Mennito AS, Wolf BJ, Pashley DH, Renné WG. J Dent. 2015 Feb 27.
- Potentiation of antimicrobial photodynamic inactivation mediated by a cationic fullerene by added iodide: in vitro and in vivo studies. Zhang Y, Dai T, Wang M, Vecchio D, Chiang LY, Hamblin MR. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2015 Mar
- Pd-mediated rapid cross-couplings using [11 C]methyl iodide: groundbreaking labeling methods in 11 C radiochemistry. Doi H. J Labelled Comp Radiopharm. 2015 Feb 25.
- Efficient Perovskite Hybrid Solar Cells Through a Homogeneous High-Quality Organolead Iodide Layer. Wang K, Liu C, Du P, Zhang HL, Gong X. Small. 2015 Feb 16.
- Improvement in thallium hydride generation using iodide and Rhodamine B. Picón D, Carrero P, Valero M, de Peña YP, Gutiérrez L. Talanta. 2015 May
- A Novel hNIS/tdTomato Fusion Reporter for Visualizing the Relationship Between the Cellular Localization of Sodium Iodide Symporter and Its Iodine Uptake Function Under Heat Shock Treatment. Yeom CJ, Chung T, Youn H, Kang KW, Lee DS, Chung JK. Mol Imaging. 2015 Mar 1
- Iodide-Free Ionic Liquid with Dual Redox Couples for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells with High Open-Circuit Voltage. Li CT, Lee CP, Lee CT, Li SR, Sun SS, Ho KC. ChemSusChem. 2015 Mar 13.