|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Sb||135.767||Solid||6.697 g/cm3||N/A||120.903824||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Antimony Nitride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Antimony (atomic symbol: As, atomic number: 51) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 121.760. The number of electrons in each of antimony's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p3. The antimony atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 206 pm. Antimony was discovered around 3000 BC and first isolated by Vannoccio Biringuccio in 1540 AD. In its elemental form, antimony has a silvery lustrous gray appearance. The most common source of antimony is the sulfide mineral known as stibnite (Sb2S3), although it sometimes occurs natively as well. Antimony has numerous applications, most commonly in flame-retardant materials; it also increases the hardness and strength of lead when combined in an alloy and is frequently employed as a dopant in semiconductor materials. Its name is derived from the Greek words anti and monos, meaning a metal not found by itself. For more information on antimony, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of antimony products, visit the Antimony Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ANTIMONY NITRIDE SYNONYMS|
|antimoine, Antimon, antimonio|
CUSTOMERS FOR ANTIMONY NITRIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Antimony|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Antimony
- Efficient removal of trace antimony(III) through adsorption by hematite modified magnetic nanoparticles. Shan C, Ma Z, Tong M. J Hazard Mater. 2014
- Second order non-linear optical activity of arsenic and antimony dithiolene complexes. Mitra J, Pal K, Sarkar S. Dalton Trans.
- Antimony uptake, translocation and speciation in rice plants exposed to antimonite and antimonate. Ren JH, Ma LQ, Sun HJ, Cai F, Luo J. Sci Total Environ. 2014 Mar.
- Antimony uptake, efflux and speciation in arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata. Tisarum R, Lessl JT, Dong X, de Oliveira LM, Rathinasabapathi B, Ma LQ. Environ Pollut. 2014.
- Surface complexation modeling and spectroscopic evidence of antimony adsorption on iron-oxide-rich red earth soils. Vithanage M, Rajapaksha AU, Dou X, Bolan NS, Yang JE, Ok YS. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Sep.
- Synthesis and characterisation of nano-pore antimony imprinted polymer and its use in the extraction and determination of antimony in water and fruit juice samples. Shakerian F, Dadfarnia S, Haji Shabani AM, Nili Ahmad Abadi M. Food Chem. 2014 Feb.
- Migration of antimony from PET containers into regulated EU food simulants. Sánchez-Martínez M, Pérez-Corona T, Cámara C, Madrid Y. Food Chem. 2013 Nov.
- Removal of antimony (Sb(V)) from Sb mine drainage: Biological sulfate reduction and sulfide oxidation-precipitation. Wang H, Chen F, Mu S, Zhang D, Pan X, Lee DJ, Chang JS. Bioresour Technol. 2013 Oct.
- Antimony migration trends from a small arms firing range compared to lead, copper, and zinc. Martin WA, Lee LS, Schwab P. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct.
- The availability and mobility of arsenic and antimony in an acid sulfate soil pasture system. Tighe M, Lockwood PV, Ashley PM, Murison RD, Wilson SC. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct.
- Antimony mediated control of misfit dislocation and strain at the highly lattice mismatched GaSb/GaAs interface. Wang Y, Ruterana P, Chen J, Kret S, Ei Kazzi S, Genevois C, Desplanque L, Wallart X. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 Sep.
- Solvothermal synthesis of antimony sulfide dendrites for electrochemical detection of dopamine. Tao W, Wang J, Wu D, Chang J, Wang F, Gao Z, Xu F, Jiang K. Dalton Trans. 2013 Aug.
- Behavior of Antimony(V) during the Transformation of Ferrihydrite and Its Environmental Implications. Mitsunobu S, Muramatsu C, Watanabe K, Sakata M. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Sep.
- Second order non-linear optical activity of arsenic and antimony dithiolene complexes. Mitra J, Pal K, Sarkar S. Dalton Trans. 2013 Aug.
- Antimony toxicity in the lichen Xanthoria parietina (L.) Th. Fr. Paoli L, Fiorini E, Munzi S, Sorbo S, Basile A, Loppi S. Chemosphere. 2013 Aug.
- Photochemical properties of mono-, tri-, and penta-cationic antimony(v) metalloporphyrin derivatives on a clay layer surface. Tsukamoto T, Shimada T, Takagi S. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Aug.
- Solvothermal synthesis of antimony sulfide dendrites for electrochemical detection of dopamine. Tao W, Wang J, Wu D, Chang J, Wang F, Gao Z, Xu F, Jiang K. Dalton Trans. 2013 Jul.
- Migration and leaching risk of extraneous antimony in three representative soils of China: Lysimeter and batch experiments. Hou H, Yao N, Li JN, Wei Y, Zhao L, Zhang J, Li FS. Chemosphere. 2013 Aug.
- Identification of antimony resistance markers in Leishmania tropica field isolates through a cDNA-AFLP approach. Kazemi-Rad E, Mohebali M, Erfan MB, Saffari M, Raoofian R, Hajjaran H, Hadighi R, Khamesipour A, Rezaie S, Abedkhojasteh H, Heidari M. Exp Parasitol. 2013.
- Histopathological and functional effects of antimony on the renal cortex of growing albino rat. Rashedy AH, Solimany AA, Ismail AK, Wahdan MH, Saban KA. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013 Jul.
Recent Research & Development for Nitrides
- Electronic and magnetic properties of boron nitride nanoribbons with square-octagon (4|8) line defects. Han Y, Li R, Zhou J, Dong J, Kawazoe Y. Nanotechnology. 2014
- Fabrication of 2D ordered mesoporous carbon nitride and its use as electrochemical sensing platform for H2O2, nitrobenzene, and NADH detection. Zhang Y, Bo X, Nsabimana A, Luhana C, Wang G, Wang H, Li M, Guo L. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Mar.
- Asymmetric bandgaps and Landau levels in a Bernal-stacked hexagonal boron-nitride bilayer. Zhai X, Jin G. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 Jan.
- Density of states of helically symmetric boron carbon nitride nanotubes. Carvalho AC, Bezerra CG, Lawlor JA, Ferreira MS. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014
- Effect of Nd:YAG laser-nitriding-treated titanium nitride surface over Ti6Al4V substrate on the activity of MC3T3-E1 cells. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Wang M
Nano-solenoid: helicoid carbon-boron nitride hetero-nanotube. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/10/17 | first author:Zhang ZY
- Erratum to: Neointimal coverage and vasodilator response to titanium-nitride-oxide-coated bioactive stents and everolimus-eluting stents in patients with acute coronary syndrome: insights from the BASE-ACS trial. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013 create date:2013/10/25 | first author:Karjalainen PP
- Boron nitride nanotubes coated with organic hydrophilic agents: Stability and cytocompatibility studies. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Ferreira TH
- Neointimal coverage and vasodilator response to titanium-nitride-oxide-coated bioactive stents and everolimus-eluting stents in patients with acute coronary syndrome: insights from the BASE-ACS trial. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Karjalainen P
- Epitaxial growth of single-domain graphene on hexagonal boron nitride. Yang W, Chen G, Shi Z, Liu CC, Zhang L, Xie G, Cheng M, Wang D, Yang R, Shi D, Watanabe K, Taniguchi T, Yao Y, Zhang Y, Zhang G. Nat Mater. 2013 Sep.
- Neural network modeling of deposition rate characteristics of low temperature silicon nitride deposited by inner two parallel coil inductively coupled plasma chemical vapor deposition. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 create date:2013/11/26 | first author:Kang S
- Hydrodynamics-assisted scalable production of boron nitride nanosheets and their application in improving oxygen-atom erosion resistance of polymeric composites. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Yi M
- Towards efficient solar hydrogen production by intercalated carbon nitride photocatalyst. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Gao H.
- Nano-solenoid: helicoid carbon-boron nitride hetero-nanotube. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/10/17 | first author:Zhang ZY
- Ultrathin graphitic carbon nitride nanosheets: a novel peroxidase mimetic, Fe doping-mediated catalytic performance enhancement and application to rapid, highly sensitive optical detection of glucose. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Tian J.
- Fabrication of a boron nitride-gold nanocluster composite and its versatile application for immunoassays. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/10/11 | first author:Yang GH
- Fabrication of graphene quantum dots and hexagonal boron nitride nanocomposites for fluorescent cell imaging. Peng J, Wang S, Zhang PH, Jiang LP, Shi JJ, Zhu JJ. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2013 Oct.
- A hybrid density functional view of native vacancies in gallium nitride. Gillen R, Robertson J. J Phys Condens Matter. 2013 Oct 9A porous Mn(v) coordination framework with PtS topology: assessment of the influence of a terminal nitride on CO2 sorption. Murphy MJ, D'Alessandro DM, Kepert CJ. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Protein adsorption and covalent bonding to silicon nitride surfaces modified with organo-silanes: comparison using AFM, angle-resolved XPS and multivariate ToF-SIMS analysis. Awsiuk K, Budkowski A, Psarouli A, Petrou P, Bernasik A, Kakabakos S, Rysz J, Raptis I. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Oct.
- Preparation of graphitic carbon nitride (g-C3N4)/WO3 composites and enhanced visible-light-driven photodegradation of acetaldehyde gas. Katsumata K, Motoyoshi R, Matsushita N, Okada K. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep.
- The effect of different titanium nitride coatings on the adhesion of Candida albicans to titanium. Wang J, An Y, Liang H, Tong Y, Guo T, Ma C. Arch Oral Biol. 2013 Oct.