|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Antimony Nitride||SB-N-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Sb||135.767||Solid||6.697 g/cm3||N/A||120.903824||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Antimony Nitride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Antimony (atomic symbol: As, atomic number: 51) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 121.760. The number of electrons in each of antimony's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p3. The antimony atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 206 pm. Antimony was discovered around 3000 BC and first isolated by Vannoccio Biringuccio in 1540 AD. In its elemental form, antimony has a silvery lustrous gray appearance. The most common source of antimony is the sulfide mineral known as stibnite (Sb2S3), although it sometimes occurs natively as well. Antimony has numerous applications, most commonly in flame-retardant materials; it also increases the hardness and strength of lead when combined in an alloy and is frequently employed as a dopant in semiconductor materials. Its name is derived from the Greek words anti and monos, meaning a metal not found by itself. For more information on antimony, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of antimony products, visit the Antimony element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ANTIMONY NITRIDE SYNONYMS|
|antimoine, Antimon, antimonio|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums tTypical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Antimony
- Photoelectrochemistry of n-type antimony sulfoiodide nanowires. Kwolek P, Pilarczyk K, Tokarski T, Mech J, Irzma?ski J, Szaci?owski K. Nanotechnology. 2015 Mar 13
- [Antimony film-plated glassy carbon electrode for simultaneous determination of trace lead and cadmium in urine by differential pulse stripping voltammetry in the presence of cetyltrimethylammonium bromide]. Gong W, Wang C, Yang J, Zhang K. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2014 Nov
- Intrachromosomal amplification, locus deletion and point mutation in the aquaglyceroporin AQP1 gene in antimony resistant Leishmania (Viannia) guyanensis. Monte-Neto R, Laffitte MC, Leprohon P, Reis P, Frézard F, Ouellette M. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2015 Feb 13
- Arsenic and antimony removal from drinking water by adsorption on granular ferric oxide. Sazakli E, Zouvelou SV, Kalavrouziotis I, Leotsinidis M. Water Sci Technol. 2015
- Inexpensive Antimony Nanocrystals and Their Composites with Red Phosphorus as High-Performance Anode Materials for Na-ion Batteries. Walter M, Erni R, Kovalenko MV. Sci Rep. 2015 Feb 12
- Mechanisms of antimony adsorption onto soybean stover-derived biochar in aqueous solutions. Vithanage M, Rajapaksha AU, Ahmad M, Uchimiya M, Dou X, Alessi DS, Ok YS. J Environ Manage. 2015 Mar 15
- On the coupling of hydride generation with atmospheric pressure glow discharge in contact with the flowing liquid cathode for the determination of arsenic, antimony and selenium with optical emission spectrometry. Greda K, Jamroz P, Jedryczko D, Pohl P. Talanta. 2015 May
- A density-functional study on the electronic and vibrational properties of layered antimony telluride. P Stoffel R, L Deringer V, E Simon R, P Hermann R, Dronskowski R. J Phys Condens Matter. 2015 Mar 4
- Co-administration of glycyrrhizic acid with the antileishmanial drug sodium antimony gluconate (SAG) cures SAG-resistant visceral leishmaniasis. Bhattacharjee A, Majumder S, Majumdar SB, Choudhuri SK, Roy S, Majumdar S. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2015 Mar
- Nature of AX Centers in Antimony-Doped Cadmium Telluride Nanobelts. Huang L, Lin CC, Riediger M, Röder R, Tse PL, Ronning C, Lu JG. Nano Lett. 2015 Feb 11
- A new cloud point extraction procedure for determination of inorganic antimony species in beverages and biological samples by flame atomic absorption spectrometry. Altunay N, Gürkan R. Food Chem. 2015 May 15
- Antimony retention and release from drained and waterlogged shooting range soil under field conditions. Hockmann K, Tandy S, Lenz M, Reiser R, Conesa HM, Keller M, Studer B, Schulin R. Chemosphere. 2015 Jan 12.
- Magnetic solid phase extraction for the determination of trace antimony species in water by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Li P, Chen YJ, Hu X, Lian HZ. Talanta. 2015 Mar
- Arsenic and antimony in water and wastewater: Overview of removal techniques with special reference to latest advances in adsorption. Ungureanu G, Santos S, Boaventura R, Botelho C. J Environ Manage. 2015 Mar 15
- Antimony-dependent expansion for the Keggin heteropolyniobate family. Zhang ZY, Peng J, Shi ZY, Zhou WL, Khan SU, Liu HS. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 5
- Antimony bioavailability: Knowledge and research perspectives for sustainable agricultures. Pierart A, Shahid M, Séjalon-Delmas N, Dumat C. J Hazard Mater. 2015 Feb 7
- Molecular diversity of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi at a large-scale antimony mining area in southern China. Wei Y, Chen Z, Wu F, Hou H, Li J, Shangguan Y, Zhang J, Li F, Zeng Q. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Mar 1
- Antimony leaching release from brake pads: Effect of pH, temperature and organic acids. Hu X, He M, Li S. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Mar 1
- Rapid degradation of cyclic peroxides by titanium and antimony chlorides. Bali MS, Armitt D, Wallace L, Day AI. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 5.
- Semimetal nanomaterials of antimony as highly efficient agent for photoacoustic imaging and photothermal therapy. Li W, Rong P, Yang K, Huang P, Sun K, Chen X. Biomaterials. 2015 Mar
Recent Research & Development for Nitrides
- An Expanded Family of Dysprosium-Scandium Mixed-Metal Nitride Clusterfullerenes: The Role of Lanthanide Metal on the Carbon Cage Size Distribution. Wei T, Liu F, Wang S, Zhu X, Popov AA, Yang S. Chemistry. 2015 Feb 25.
- Reversible Modification of the Structural and Electronic Properties of a Boron Nitride Monolayer by CO Intercalation. Ng ML, Shavorskiy A, Rameshan C, Mikkelsen A, Lundgren E, Preobrajenski A, Bluhm H. Chemphyschem. 2015 Feb 25.
- Boron nitride nanotube-enhanced osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Li X, Wang X, Jiang X, Yamaguchi M, Ito A, Bando Y, Golberg D. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 Mar 12.
- Highly ductile UV-shielding polymer composites with boron nitride nanospheres as fillers. Fu Y, Huang Y, Meng W, Wang Z, Bando Y, Golberg D, Tang C, Zhi C. Nanotechnology. 2015 Mar 20
- Continuous wave-pumped wavelength conversion in low-loss silicon nitride waveguides. Krückel CJ, Torres-Company V, Andrekson PA, Spencer DT, Bauters JF, Heck MJ, Bowers JE. Opt Lett. 2015 Mar 15
- Suppressing Bacterial Interaction with Copper Surfaces through Graphene and Hexagonal-Boron Nitride Coatings. Parra C, Montero-Silva F, Henriquez R, Flores M, Garin C, Ramirez C, Moreno M, Correa J, Seeger M, Häberle P. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- Multifunctional Cyanate Ester Nanocomposites Reinforced by Hexagonal Boron Nitride after Noncovalent Biomimetic Functionalization. Wu H, Kessler MR. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 5.
- Effects of hexagonal boron nitride on dry compression mixture of Avicel DG and Starch 1500. U?urlu T, Halaço?lu MD. Pharm Dev Technol. 2015 Feb 26:1-13.
- Metallic Nickel Nitride Nanosheets Realizing Enhanced Electrochemical Water Oxidation. Xu K, Chen P, Li X, Tong Y, Ding H, Wu X, Chu W, Peng Z, Wu C, Xie Y. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 11.
- Direct growth of large-area graphene and boron nitride heterostructures by a co-segregation method. Zhang C, Zhao S, Jin C, Koh AL, Zhou Y, Xu W, Li Q, Xiong Q, Peng H, Liu Z. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 4
- Silane-catalysed fast growth of large single-crystalline graphene on hexagonal boron nitride. Tang S, Wang H, Wang HS, Sun Q, Zhang X, Cong C, Xie H, Liu X, Zhou X, Huang F, Chen X, Yu T, Ding F, Xie X, Jiang M. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 11
- Space-Charge Limited Transport in Large-Area Monolayer Hexagonal Boron Nitride. Mahvash F, Paradis E, Drouin D, Szkopek T, Siaj M. Nano Lett. 2015 Mar 4.
- Two-Level Spatial Modulation of Vibronic Conductance in Conjugated Oligophenylenes on Boron Nitride. Palma CA, Joshi S, Hoh T, Ecija D, Barth JV, Auwärter W. Nano Lett. 2015 Mar 10.
- Inelastic electron irradiation damage in hexagonal boron nitride. Cretu O, Lin YC, Suenaga K. Micron. 2015 Feb 19
- Oxidized Carbon Nitrides: Water-Dispersible, Atomically Thin Carbon Nitride-Based Nanodots and Their Performances as Bioimaging Probes. Oh J, Yoo RJ, Kim SY, Lee YJ, Kim DW, Park S. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 11.
- Facile Synthesis and Enhanced Visible-Light Photocatalysis of Graphitic Carbon Nitride Composite Semiconductors. Li H, Liu Y, Gao X, Fu C, Wang X. ChemSusChem. 2015 Feb 26.
- Efficient Emission Facilitated by Multiple Energy Level Transitions in Uniform Graphitic Carbon Nitride Films Deposited by Thermal Vapor Condensation. Bian J, Li J, Kalytchuk S, Wang Y, Li Q, Lau TC, Niehaus TA, Rogach AL, Zhang RQ. Chemphyschem. 2015 Feb 23.
- Structure and local chemical properties of boron-terminated tetravacancies in hexagonal boron nitride. Cretu O, Lin YC, Koshino M, Tizei LH, Liu Z, Suenaga K. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 Feb 20
- Boron nitride nanosheets as improved and reusable substrates for gold nanoparticles enabled surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy. Cai Q, Li LH, Yu Y, Liu Y, Huang S, Chen Y, Watanabe K, Taniguchi T. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11
- Controlled translocation of DNA through nanopores in carbon nano-, silicon-nitride- and lipid-coated membranes. Sischka A, Galla L, Meyer AJ, Spiering A, Knust S, Mayer M, Hall AR, Beyer A, Reimann P, Gölzhäuser A, Anselmetti D. Analyst. 2015 Mar 13.