|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Scandium Nitride||SC-N-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Scandium Nitride||SC-N-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Scandium Nitride||SC-N-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Scandium Nitride||SC-N-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|NSc||58.9626||Powder||g/cm3||58.959||58.959||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Scandium Nitride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Scandium (atomic symbol: Sc, atomic number: 21) is a Block D, Group 3, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 44.955912. The number of electrons in each of Scandium's shells is [2, 8, 9, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d1 4s2. The scandium atom has a radius of 162 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 216 pm.Scandium was predicted by Dmitri Mendeleev in 1871 and actually discovered and isolated by Lars Nilson in 1879. One of the transition metals, scandium has a silvery-white appearance in its elemental form which oxidizes to yellow or pinkish upon contact with air. It is occasionally included in the classification of the rare earth elements. Scandium is found in concentrated amounts in the minerals euxenite, gadolinite and thortveitite; however, due to the difficulties in the preparation of metallic scandium, global trade of the pure metal is very limited. The origin of the name scandium comes from the Latin word 'scandia' meaning Scandinavia. For more information on scandium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of scandium products, visit the Scandium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3089 4.1/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
CUSTOMERS FOR SCANDIUM NITRIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Scandium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Scandium
- Laser-induced damage in composites of scandium, hafnium, aluminum oxides with silicon oxide in the infrared. Fu X, Commandré M, Gallais L, Mende M, Ehlers H, Ristau D. Appl Opt. 2014 Feb.
- Catalytic C6 Functionalization of 2,3-Disubstituted Indoles by Scandium Triflate. Liu H, Zheng C, You SL. J Org Chem. 2014 Jan.
- The hcp to fcc transformation path of scandium trihydride under high pressure. Pakornchote T, Pinsook U, Bovornratanaraks T. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 Jan.
- Activation of carbon dioxide and carbon disulfide by a scandium N-heterocyclic carbene complex. Arnold PL, Marr IA, Zlatogorsky S, Bellabarba R, Tooze RP. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- Scandium pentafluorobenzoate-catalyzed unexpected cascade reaction of 2-aminobenzaldehydes with primary amines: a process for the preparation of ring-fused aminals. Mao D, Tang J, Wang W, Wu S, Liu X, Yu J, Wang L. J Org Chem. 2013 Dec.
- An ion pair scandium hydride supported by a dianionic (NNNN)-type macrocycle ligand. Cui P, Spaniol TP, Maron L, Okuda J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Dec.
- Trivalent scandium, yttrium and lanthanide complexes with thia-oxa and selena-oxa macrocycles and crown ether coordination. Champion MJ, Farina P, Levason W, Reid G. Dalton Trans. 2013 Aug.
- Scandium Pentafluorobenzoate Catalyzed Unexpected Cascade Reaction of 2-Aminobenzaldehydes with Primary Amines: A Process for the Preparation of Ring-fused Aminals. Mao D, Tang J, Wang W, Wu S, Liu X, Yu J, Wang L. J Org Chem. 2013 Dec.
- A change in the oxidation state of iron: scandium is not innocent. Swart M. Chem Commun (Camb) 2013.
- Scandium Triflate-Catalyzed Nucleophilic Additions to Indolylmethyl Meldrum's Acid Derivatives via a Gramine-Type Fragmentation: Synthesis of Substituted Indolemethanes. Armstrong EL, Grover HK, Kerr MA. J Org Chem. 2013 Oct.
- Versatile Reactivity of a Four-Coordinate Scandium Phosphinidene Complex: Reduction, Addition, and CO Activation Reactions. Lv Y, Kefalidis CE, Zhou J, Maron L, Leng X, Chen Y. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Oct.
- Copper scandium zirconium phosphate: occupancy of the M1 and M2 sites in the temperature range 100-300 K. Bond AD, Warner TE. Acta Crystallogr C. 2013
- Copolymerization of Isoprene and Nonconjugated a,?-Dienes by Half-Sandwich Scandium Catalysts with and without a Coordinative Side Arm. Guo F, Nishiura M, Li Y, Hou Z. Chem Asian J. 2013 Oct.
- Chiral Scandium(III)-Catalyzed Enantioselective a-Arylation of N-Unprotected 3-Substituted Oxindoles with Diaryliodonium Salts. Guo J, Dong S, Zhang Y, Kuang Y, Liu X, Lin L, Feng X. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 Sep.
- Octacoordinate metal carbonyls of scandium and yttrium: theoretical calculations and experimental observation. Xing X, Wang J, Xie H, Liu Z, Qin Z, Zhao L, Tang Z. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2013 Jun.
- Chiral Scandium(III)-Catalyzed Enantioselective a-Arylation of N-Unprotected 3-Substituted Oxindoles with Diaryliodonium Salts. Guo J, Dong S, Zhang Y, Kuang Y, Liu X, Lin L, Feng X. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013.
- Enhanced electron-transfer reactivity of nonheme manganese(IV)-oxo complexes by binding scandium ions. Yoon H, Lee YM, Wu X, Cho KB, Sarangi R, Nam W, Fukuzumi S. J Am Chem Soc. 2013.
- Versatile Reactivity of a Four-coordinated Scandium Phosphinidene Complex: Reduction, Addition and CO Activation Reactions. Lv Y, Kefalidis CE, Jiliang Z, Maron L, Leng X, Chen Y. J Am Chem Soc.
- Copolymerization of Isoprene and Nonconjugated a,?-Dienes by Half-Sandwich Scandium Catalysts with and without a Coordinative Side Arm. Guo F, Nishiura M, Li Y, Hou Z. Chem Asian J. 2013.
- Treatment of infraorbital dark circles in atopic dermatitis with a 2790-nm erbium: yttrium scandium gallium garnet laser: a pilot study. Park KY, Oh IY, Moon NJ, Seo SJ. J Cosmet Laser Ther.