High Purity Se Slugs
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Selenium Slugs||SE-E-02-SL||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Selenium Slugs||SE-E-03-SL||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Selenium Slugs||SE-E-04-SL||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Selenium Slugs||SE-E-05-SL||Request Quote|
|(6N) 99.9999% Selenium Slugs||SE-E-06-SL||Request Quote|
|(7N) 99.99999% Selenium Slugs||SE-E-07-SL||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Tensile Strength||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Thermal Conductivity||Electrical Resistivity||Eletronegativity||Specific Heat||Heat of Vaporization||Heat of Fusion||MSDS|
|78.96||Gray to black solid||4.79 g/cm3||N/A||217 °C||684.9 °C||0.00519 W/cm/K @ 298.2 K||106 microhm-cm @ 0°C||2.4 Paulings||0.767 Cal/g/K @ 25 °C||3.34 K-cal/gm atom at 684.9 °C||1.22 Cal/gm mole||Safety Data Sheet|
American Elements specializes in producing high purity uniform shaped Selenium Slugs with the highest possible density and smallest possible average grain sizes for use in semiconductor, Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) processes including Thermal and Electron Beam (E-Beam) Evaporation, Low Temperature Organic Evaporation, Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Metallic-Organic and Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD). Our standard Slug sizes range from 1/8" x 1/8" to 1/4" x 1/4" and 3 mm diameter. We can also provide Slugs outside this range for ultra high purity thin film applications, such as fuel cells and solar energy layers. Materials are produced using crystallization, solid state and other ultra high purification processes such as sublimation. American Elements specializes in producing custom compositions for commercial and research applications and for new proprietary technologies. American Elements also casts any of the rare earth metals and most other advanced materials into rod, bar, or plate form, as well as other machined shapes and through other processes nanoparticles. See research below. We also produce Selenium as rod, ingot, powder, pieces, disc, granules, wire, and in compound forms, such as oxide. Other shapes are available by request.
Selenium (atomic symbol: Se, atomic number: 34) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 4 element with an atomic radius of 78.96. The number of electrons in each of Selenium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p4. The selenium atom has a radius of 120 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 190 pm. Selenium is a non-metal with several allotropes: a black, vitreous form with an irregular crystal structure; three red-colored forms with monoclinic crystal structures; and a gray form with a hexagonal crystal structure, the most stable and dense form of the element. One of the mose common uses for selenium is in glass production; the red tint that it lends to glass neutralizes green or yellow tints from impurities in the glass materials. Selenium was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius and Johann Gottlieb Gahn in 1817. The origin of the name Selenium comes from the Greek word "Selênê," meaning moon. For more information on selenium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of selenium products, visit the Selenium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Selenium
- Ultimate selenium(IV) monitoring and removal from water using a new class of organic ligand based composite adsorbent. Awual MR, Yaita T, Suzuki S, Shiwaku H. J Hazard Mater. 2015 Feb 26
- The selenium status in thalassemia patients in South East of iran. Mashhadi MA, Heidari Z, Sepehri Z, Bakhshipour AR, Karimkoshte A. Int J Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Res. 2014 Oct 1
- Effects of Zinc and Selenium Supplementation on Thyroid Function in Overweight and Obese Hypothyroid Female Patients: A Randomized Double-Blind Controlled Trial. Mahmoodianfard S, Vafa M, Golgiri F, Khoshniat M, Gohari M, Solati Z, Djalali M. J Am Coll Nutr. 2015 Mar 11:1-9.
- The effect of the systemic inflammatory response on plasma zinc and selenium adjusted for albumin. Ghashut RA, McMillan DC, Kinsella J, Vasilaki AT, Talwar D, Duncan A. Clin Nutr. 2015 Feb 26.
- Short and long term release mechanisms of arsenic, selenium and boron from a tunnel-excavated sedimentary rock under in situ conditions. Tamoto S, Tabelin CB, Igarashi T, Ito M, Hiroyoshi N. J Contam Hydrol. 2015 Jan 29
- Selenium prevents lipid peroxidation in liver and lung tissues of rats in acute swimming exercise. Akil M, Gurbuz U, Bicer M, Halifeoglu I, Baltaci AK, Mogulkoc R. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2015
- The Protective Roles of Selenium on Hepatic Tissue Ultrastructure and Mitochondrial Antioxidant Capacity in Copper-Overloaded Rats. Su R, Cao H, Pan J, Li C, Chen Y, Tang Z. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 13.
- The impact of acute lung injury, ECMO and transfusion on oxidative stress and plasma selenium levels in an ovine model. McDonald CI, Fung YL, Shekar K, Diab SD, Dunster KR, Passmore MR, Foley SR, Simonova G, Platts D, Fraser JF. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2015 Apr
- Effect of Selenium-Enriched Agaricus bisporus (Higher Basidiomycetes) Extracts, Obtained by Pressurized Water Extraction, on the Expression of Cholesterol Homeostasis Related Genes by Low-Density Array. Gil-Ramirez A, Soler-Rivas C, Rodriguez-Casado A, Ruiz-Rodriguez A, Reglero G, Marin FR. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2015
- Bioavailability of selenium in 'Jose' tall wheatgrass (Thinopyrum ponticum var 'Jose') hay as a substitute for sodium selenite in the diets of dairy cattle. Cun GS, Robinson PH, Benes SE. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 5
- miRNA plays a role in the antagonistic effect of selenium on arsenic stress in rice seedlings. Pandey C, Raghuram B, Sinha AK, Gupta M. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 16.
- On the coupling of hydride generation with atmospheric pressure glow discharge in contact with the flowing liquid cathode for the determination of arsenic, antimony and selenium with optical emission spectrometry. Greda K, Jamroz P, Jedryczko D, Pohl P. Talanta. 2015 May
- Effects of Selenium Presence in Mycelia of Ganoderma species (Higher Basidiomycetes) on Their Medicinal Properties. Milovanovic I, Stajic M, Stanojkovic T, Knezevic A, Vukojevic J. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2015
- Umbilical cord blood and placental mercury, selenium and selenoprotein expression in relation to maternal fish consumption. Gilman CL, Soon R, Sauvage L, Ralston NV, Berry MJ. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2015 Apr
- Effect of selenium on neurotoxicity in adult male mice exposed to formaldehyde. Mohammadi S. Electron Physician. 2014 Nov 27
- Selenopeptides and elemental selenium in Thunbergia alata after exposure to selenite: quantification method for elemental selenium. Aborode FA, Raab A, Foster S, Lombi E, Maher W, Krupp EM, Feldmann J. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 9.
- Evaluation of selenium levels and mean platelet volume in patients with simple febrile convulsion. Abuhandan M, Solmaz A, Geter S, Kaya C, Guzel B, Yetkin I, Koca B. Iran J Pediatr. 2014 Aug
- Does selenium supplementation affect thyroid function? Results from a randomized, controlled, double-blinded trial in a Danish population. Winther KH, Bonnema SJ, Cold F, Debrabant B, Nybo M, Cold S, Hegedus L. Eur J Endocrinol. 2015 Mar 4.
- Roles of oxidative stress and endoplasmic reticulum stress in selenium deficiency-induced apoptosis in chicken liver. Yao L, Du Q, Yao H, Chen X, Zhang Z, Xu S. Biometals. 2015 Mar 14.
- In Vitro Study of Leishmanicidal Activity of Biogenic Selenium Nanoparticles against Iranian Isolate of Sensitive and Glucantime-Resistant Leishmania tropica. Mahmoudvand H, Shakibaie M, Tavakoli R, Jahanbakhsh S, Sharifi I. Iran J Parasitol. 2014 Oct-Dec