Silver Gold Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
Silver Gold is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Generally immediately available in most volumes, AE Alloys™ are available as bar, Ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Silver (atomic symbol: Ag, atomic number: 47) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 107.8682. The number of electrons in each of Silver's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Kr]4d10 5s1. The silver atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 203 pm. Silver was first discovered by Early Man prior to 5000 BC. In its elemental form, silver has a brilliant white metallic luster. It is a little harder than gold and is very ductile and malleable, being exceeded only by gold and perhaps palladium. Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals and possesses the lowest contact resistance. It is stable in pure air and water, but tarnishes when exposed to ozone, hydrogen sulfide, or air containing sulfur. It is found in copper, copper-nickel, lead, and lead-zinc ores among others. Silver was named after the Anglo-Saxon word "seolfor" or "siolfur," meaning 'silver'. For more information on silver, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silver products, visit the Silver Information Center.
Gold (atomic symbol: Au, atomic number: 79) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 196.966569. The number of electrons in each of Gold's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f142 5d10 6s1. The gold atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 217 pm. Gold was first discovered by Early Man prior to 6000 B.C. In its elemental form, gold has a metallic yellow appearance. Gold is a soft metal and is usually alloyed to give it more strength. It is a good conductor of heat and electricity, and is unaffected by air and most reagents. It is one of the least reactive chemical elements. Gold is often found as a free element and with silver as a gold silver alloy. Less commonly, it is found in minerals as gold compounds, usually with tellurium. For more information on gold, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of gold products, visit the Gold Information Center.
CUSTOMERS FOR SILVER GOLD ALLOY HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Silver|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silver
- Silver nanoparticle-specific mitotoxicity in Daphnia magna. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Stensberg MC
- Using gold nanorods core/silver shell nanostructures as model material to probe biodistribution and toxic effects of silver nanoparticles in mice. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Meng J
- The antibacterial effects of silver, titanium dioxide and silica dioxide nanoparticles compared to the dental disinfectant chlorhexidine on Streptococcus mutans using a… A Besinis, T De Peralta, RD Handy - Nanotoxicology, 2014 - informahealthcare.com
- Inhibition of biofilm formation and antibacterial properties of a silver nano-coating on human dentine. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Besinis A
- Systematic analysis of silver nanoparticle ionic dissolution by tangential flow filtration: toxicological implications. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Maurer EI
- Analytically monitored digestion of silver nanoparticles and their toxicity on human intestinal cells. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Böhmert L
- Phenylboronic acid modified silver nanoparticles for colorimetric dynamic analysis of glucose. Cao K, Jiang X, Yan S, Zhang L, Wu W. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- In vitro toxicity assessment of silver nanoparticles in the presence of phenolic compounds - preventive agents against the harmful effect? Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Martirosyan A
- Combined repeated-dose toxicity study of silver nanoparticles with the reproduction/developmental toxicity screening test. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Hong JS
- Assessment of orally dosed commercial silver nanoparticles on human ex vivo platelet aggregation. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Smock KJ
- Synthesis, characterization and SERS activity of biosynthesized silver nanoparticles. Bindhu MR, Sathe V, Umadevi M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- Bioaccumulation of silver nanoparticles into Daphnia magna from a freshwater algal diet and the impact of phosphate availability. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:McTeer J
- Physicochemical properties of gelatin/silver nanoparticle antimicrobial composite films. Kanmani P, Rhim JW. Food Chem. 2014 Apr.
- Formation and characterization of silver nanoparticles in aqueous solution via ultrasonic irradiation. He C, Liu L, Fang Z, Li J, Guo J, Wei J. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Mar.
- Nanogold/mesoporous carbon foam-mediated silver enhancement for graphene-enhanced electrochemical immunosensing of carcinoembryonic antigen. Lin D, Wu J, Ju H, Yan F. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014.
- A novel luminol chemiluminescent method catalyzed by silver/gold alloy nanoparticles for determination of anticancer drug flutamide.
- DNA-templated silver nanoclusters based label-free fluorescent molecular beacon for the detection of adenosine deaminase. Zhang K, Wang K, Xie M, Zhu X, Xu L, Yang R, Huang B, Zhu X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Graphene oxide as nanogold carrier for ultrasensitive electrochemical immunoassay of Shewanella oneidensis with silver enhancement strategy. Wen J, Zhou S, Yuan Y. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Antimicrobial wound dressing nanofiber mats from multicomponent (chitosan/silver-NPs/polyvinyl alcohol) systems. Abdelgawad AM, Hudson SM, Rojas OJ. Carbohydr Polym. 2014 Jan.
- Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticle from leaf extract of Desmodium gangeticum (L.) DC. and its biomedical potential. Thirunavoukkarasu M, Balaji U, Behera S, Panda PK, Mishra BK. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc.
Recent Research & Development for Gold
- Low-dose gold nanoparticles exert subtle endocrine-modulating effects on the ovarian steroidogenic pathway ex vivo independent of oxidative stress. Nanotoxicology. 2014 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Larson JK
- Altered Resting-State Functional Connectivity of Basolateral and Centromedial Amygdala Complexes in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder - VM Brown, KS LaBar, CC Haswell, AL Gold - 2014.
- Nontoxic impact of PEG-coated gold nanospheres on functional pulmonary surfactant-secreting alveolar type II cells. Nanotoxicology. 2014 create date:2013/08/07 | first author:Bouzas V
- Gold-nanobeacons for gene therapy: evaluation of genotoxicity, cell toxicity and proteome profiling analysis. Nanotoxicology. 2014 create date:2013/05/07 | first author:Conde J
- Application of the QuantiFERON®-TB Gold test in Erythema Induratum. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014 create date:2012/08/28 | first author:Sim JH
- Using gold nanorods core/silver shell nanostructures as model material to probe biodistribution and toxic effects of silver nanoparticles in mice. Nanotoxicology. 2014 create date:2013/07/11 | first author:Meng J
- Aptamer-conjugated gold nanorod for photothermal ablation of epidermal growth factor receptor-overexpressed epithelial cancer. J Biomed Opt. 2014 create date:2013/12/04 | first author:Choi J
- The unfolding of G-quadruplexes and its adverse effect on DNA-gold nanoparticles-based sensing system. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Cheng S
- Sandwich-format electrochemiluminescence assays for tumor marker based on PAMAM dendrimer-l-cysteine-hollow gold nanosphere nanocomposites. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Zhuo Y
- Covalent fabrication of methyl parathion hydrolase on gold nanoparticles modified carbon substrates for designing a methyl parathion biosensor. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Liu G
- Highly sensitive and label-free electrochemical detection of microRNAs based on triple signal amplification of multifunctional gold nanoparticles, enzymes and redox-cycling reaction. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/11/10 | first author:Liu L
- Novel electrochemical aptamer biosensor based on an enzyme-gold nanoparticle dual label for the ultrasensitive detection of epithelial tumour marker MUC1. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/11/06 | first author:Hu R
- A gold nanoparticles colorimetric assay for label-free detection of protein kinase activity based on phosphorylation protection against exopeptidase cleavage. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/10/26 | first author:Zhou J
- Detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus using a gold nanoparticle-based colourimetric polymerase chain reaction assay. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/10/16 | first author:Chan WS
- Label-free turn-on fluorescent detection of melamine based on the anti-quenching ability of Hg(2+) to gold nanoclusters. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Dai H
- Lipase-nanoporous gold biocomposite modified electrode for reliable detection of triglycerides. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Wu C
- Triple signal amplification using gold nanoparticles, bienzyme and platinum nanoparticles functionalized graphene as enhancers for simultaneous multiple electrochemical immunoassay. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 | first author:Jia X
- Colorimetric sensor based on dual-functional gold nanoparticles: Analyte-recognition and peroxidase-like activity. Food Chem. 2014 | first author:Deng HH
- Gold nanoparticles cellular toxicity and recovery: Adipose Derived Stromal cells. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Mironava T
- Improved detection limits of protein optical fiber biosensors coated with gold nanoparticles. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 | first author:Lepinay S