Tin 2 - Ethylhexanoate
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Tin 2 - Ethylhexanoate||SN-2EH-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Tin 2 - Ethylhexanoate||SN-2EH-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Tin 2 - Ethylhexanoate||SN-2EH-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Tin 2 - Ethylhexanoate||SN-2EH-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|[CH3(CH2)3CH(C2H5)CO2]2Sn||405.11||Viscous Liquid||1.25 g/cm3||406.116606||406.116606||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Tin 2 - Ethylhexanoate is a Tin source that is soluble in organic solvents as an organometallic compound (also known as metalorganic, organo-inorganic and metallo-organic compounds). Ethylhexanoates are carboxylates with many commercial applications. They are commonly used in various catalysts for oxidation, hydrogenation and polymerization and as an adhesion promoter. It is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity and high purity forms may be considered. Tin 2-Ethylhexanoate is one of numerous organo-metallic compounds (also known as metalorganic, organo-inorganic and metallo-organic compounds) sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Organo-Metallics™ for uses requiring non-aqueous solubility such as recent solar energy and water treatment applications. Similar results can sometimes also be achieved with Nanoparticles (also see Nanotechnology and Quantum Dots) and by thin film deposition. Note American Elements additionally supplies many materials as solutions. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Tin (atomic symbol: Sn, atomic number: 50) is a Block P, Group 14, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 118.710. The number of electrons in each of tin's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 4 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p2. The tin atom has a radius of 140.5 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 217 pm.In its elemental form, tin has a silvery-gray metallic appearance. It is malleable, ductile and highly crystalline. Tin has nine stable isotopes and 18 unstable isotopes. Under 3.72 degrees Kelvin, Tin becomes a superconductor. Applications for tin include soldering, plating, and such alloys as pewter. The first uses of tin can be dated to the Bronze Age around 3000 BC in which tin and copper were combined to make the alloy bronze. The origin of the word tin comes from the Latin word Stannum which translates to the Anglo-Saxon word tin. For more information on tin, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of tin products, visit the Tin Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|TIN 2 - ETHYLHEXANOATE SYNONYMS|
|STANNOUS OCTOATE, Stannous 2-ethylhexanoate, Hexanoic acid, 2-ethyl-, tin(2+) salt, tin(2+) bis(2-ethylhexanoate), Tin octoate, Stannous 2-ethylhexoate, Tin(II) 2-ethylhexanoate, Tin ethylhexanoate|
CUSTOMERS FOR TIN 2 - ETHYLHEXANOATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Bismuth Indium Tin Alloy||Tin Acetate||Tin Metal||Tin Oxide||Tin Chloride|
|Tin Pellets||Tin Oxide Pellets||Gold Tin Alloy||Tin Nitrate||Tin Acetylacetonate|
|Tin Foil||Tin Rod||Tin Nanoparticles||Tin Powder||Tin Sputtering Target|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Tin|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Tin
- The use of isotopically enriched tin tracers to follow the transformation of organotin compounds in landfill leachate. Peeters K, Zuliani T, Scancar J, Milacic R. Water Res. 2014.
- The role of surface and deep-level defects on the emission of tin oxide quantum dots. Kumar V, Kumar V, Som S, Neethling JH, Lee M, Ntwaeaborwa OM, Swart HC. Nanotechnology. 2014 Apr.
- Experimental design based response surface methodology optimization of ultrasonic assisted adsorption of safaranin O by tin sulfide nanoparticle loaded on activated carbon. Roosta M, Ghaedi M, Daneshfar A, Sahraei R. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Mar.
- Inorganic tin compounds do not induce micronuclei in human lymphocytes in the absence of metabolic activation. Damati A, Vlastos D, Philippopoulos AI, Matthopoulos DP. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2014. Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of cellulose acetate-tin (IV) phosphate nanocomposite. Rathore BS, Sharma G, Pathania D, Gupta VK. Carbohydr Polym. 2014 Mar.
- Application of ZnO/graphene and S6 aptamers for sensitive photoelectrochemical detection of SK-BR-3 breast cancer cells based on a disposable indium tin oxide device. Liu F, Zhang Y, Yu J, Wang S, Ge S, Song X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan.
- Electrochemical serotonin monitoring of poly(ethylenedioxythiophene):poly(sodium 4-styrenesulfonate)-modified fluorine-doped tin oxide by predeposition of self-assembled 4-pyridylporphyrin. Song MJ, Kim S, Ki Min N, Jin JH. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Four coordinate tin complexes: Synthesis, characterization, thermodynamic and theoretical calculations. Mohammadikish M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- A visible light photoelectrochemical sensor for tumor marker detection using tin dioxide quantum dot-graphene as labels. Analyst. 2013 create date:2013/10/18 | first author:Wang Y
- Optimization of a hydride generation metallic furnace atomic absorption spectrometry (HG-MF-AAS) method for tin determination: Analytical and morphological parameters of a metallic atomizer. Moretto Galazzi R, Arruda MA. Talanta. 2013 Dec.
- Immune stimulation following dermal exposure to unsintered indium tin oxide. J Immunotoxicol. 2013 create date:2013/10/30 | first author:Brock K.
- Gallium-Doped Tin Oxide Nano-Cuboids for Improved Dye Sensitized Solar Cell. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 | first author:Teh JJ
- Inorganic tin compounds do not induce micronuclei in human lymphocytes in the absence of metabolic activation. Drug Chem Toxicol. | first author:Damati A
- Fabrication of Highly Transparent and Conductive Indium-Tin Oxide Thin Films with a High Figure of Merit via Solution Processing. Langmuir. | first author:Chen Z
- Comparison between GC-MS and GC-ICPMS using isotope dilution for the simultaneous monitoring of inorganic and methyl mercury, butyl and phenyl tin compounds in biological tissues. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2013 create date:2013/10/19 | first author:Cavalheiro J
- Interconnected Tin Disulfide Nanosheets Grown on Graphene for Li-ion Storage and Photocatalytic Applications. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 | first author:Chen P
- Mitigation of CO poisoning on functionalized Pt-TiN surfaces. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 | first author:Zhang RQ
- Cytochrome P450 Modified Polycrystalline Indium Tin Oxide Film as a Drug Metabolizing Electrochemical Biosensor with a Simple Configuration. Anal Chem. 2013 | first author:Yoshioka K
- New understanding of hardening mechanism of TiN/SiNx-based nanocomposite films. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013 | first author:Li W
- Micro-Fabricated Tin-Film Electrodes for Protein and DNA Sensing Based on Stripping Voltammetric Detection of Cd(II) Released from Quantum Dots Labels. Anal Chem. 2013 | first author:Kokkinos C
- Electrochemical serotonin monitoring of poly(ethylenedioxythiophene):poly(sodium 4-styrenesulfonate)-modified fluorine-doped tin oxide by predeposition of self-assembled 4-pyridylporphyrin. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 | first author:Song MJ
Recent Research & Development for Ethylhexanoates
- Triethylene glycol bis(2-ethylhexanoate) - a new contact allergen identified in a spectacle frame. Andersen KE, Vestergaard ME, Christensen LP. Contact Dermatitis.
- Fabrication of polyethylene microporous membranes using triethylolpropane tris (2-ethylhexanoate) as a novel diluent by a thermally induced phase separation… MJ Park, CK Kim - Journal of Membrane Science, 2014
- Effect of the solvent nature on the magnesium 2-ethylhexanoate-catalyzed decomposition of cumene hydroperoxide - NM Nurullina, NN Batyrshin, KE Kharlampidi - Petroleum Chemistry, 2014
- Triethylene glycol bis (2-ethylhexanoate)–a new contact allergen identified in a spectacle frame - KE Andersen, ME Vestergaard… - Contact, 2014 - Wiley Online Library
- Influence of cross-linker and tin (II) bis-2-ethylhexanoate on compression set characteristics of poly (dimethylsiloxane) elastomer networks - MWC Robinson, AC Swain, NA Khan - Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2013 - Elsevier.
- Visible-light-induced photodegradation of gas phase acetonitrile using aerosol-made transition metal (V, Cr, Fe, Co, Mn, Mo, Ni, Cu, Y, Ce, and Zr) doped TiO2 … SNR Inturi, T Boningari, M Suidan… - Applied Catalysis B: …, 2014 - Elsevier
- Polymerization of isoprene with cobalt catalysts - VA Yakovlev, IF Gavrilenko, NN Glebova… - Polymer Science Series 2014 - Springer
- Fabrication of polyethylene microporous membranes using triethylolpropane tris (2-ethylhexanoate) as a novel diluent by a thermally induced phase separation… MJ Park, CK Kim - Journal of Membrane Science, 2014 - Elsevier.
- Fabrication of polyethylene microporous membranes using triethylolpropane tris (2-ethylhexanoate) as a novel diluent by a thermally induced phase separation … MJ Park, CK Kim - Journal of Membrane Science, 2013 - Elsevier
- Chiang, Ying-Jung, et al. "Characteristics of silver powders synthesized from silver 2-ethylhexanoate and Di-n-octylamine." Journal of Electroceramics (2013).
- Metal 2-ethylhexanoates and related compounds as useful precursors in materials science. Mishra S, Daniele S, Hubert-Pfalzgraf LG. Source Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, IRCELYON, Villeurbanne Cédex, France.
- Cyclohexanediol bis-ethylhexanoate inhibits melanogenesis of murine B16 melanoma and UV-induced pigmentation in human skin. Lim JH, Park SH, Kim MR, Yoo BS, Yang JC, Cheong IW, Kim JH, Cho JH. Biol Pharm Bull. 2013.
- Industrial Ziegler-type hydrogenation catalysts made from Co(neodecanoate)2 or Ni(2-ethylhexanoate)2 and AlEt3: evidence for nanoclusters and sub-nanocluster or larger Ziegler-nanocluster based catalysis. Alley WM, Hamdemir IK, Wang Q, Frenkel AI, Li L, Yang JC, Menard LD, Nuzzo RG, Özkar S, Yih KH, Johnson KA, Finke RG. Langmuir.
- Inorganic nanoparticles synthesized by the novel oil-in-water microemulsion reaction method and their potential applications - KL Pemartin 2013.
- Chen, Hsuan‐Ying, et al. "In situ formation of Sn (IV) catalyst with increased activity in ε-caprolactone and L-lactide polymerization using stannous (II) 2‐ethylhexanoate." Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry.
- Kumari, Kiran, Vazid Ali, and Rajesh Gupta. "Spectral and Electrical Investigations of Cobalt-octoate Doped Poly (o-Toluidine) Films." Chemistry Review.
- Chen, Hsiao Ching, et al. "Optimization of enzymatic synthesis of cetyl 2-ethylhexanoate by Novozym 435." Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society.
- Kobayashi, Toshikazu, et al. "Morphology, dynamic mechanical, and electrical properties of bio-based poly (trimethylene terephthalate) blends, part 1: Poly (trimethylene terephthalate)/poly (ether esteramide)/polyethylene glycol 400 bis (2-ethylhexanoate) blends." Journal of Applied Polymer Science.
- Gong, Dirong, et al. "Living polymerization of 1, 3-butadiene by a Ziegler–Natta type catalyst composed of iron (III) 2-ethylhexanoate, triisobutylaluminum and diethyl phosphite." Polymer.
- Chee, Sang Soo, and Jong Hyun Lee. "Effects of Reductant Amount and Capping Agent on Tin Nanoparticles Synthesis Using a Tin (II) 2-Ethylhexanoate Precursor." Advanced Materials Research.