|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Br2O6Sr||343.4244||N/A||N/A||343.709731||341.711777||0||Safety Data Sheet|
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting
|Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Br2O6Sr||343.4244||Crystalline||240 °C||N/A||N/A||343.709731||341.711777||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Strontium Bromate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Strontium (atomic symbol: Sr, atomic number: 38) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 87.62 . The number of electrons in each of Strontium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 5s2. The strontium atom has a radius of 215 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 249 pm. Strontium was discovered by William Cruickshank in 1787 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, strontium is a soft, silvery white metallic solid that quickly turns yellow when exposed to air. Cathode ray tubes in televisions are made of strontium, which are becoming increasingly displaced by other display technologies; pyrotechnics and fireworks employ strontium salts to achhieve a bright red color. Radioactive isotopes of strontium have been used in radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) and for certain cancer treatments. In nature, most strontium is found in celestite (as strontium sulfate) and strontianite (as strontium carbonate). Strontium was named after the Scottish town where it was discovered. For more information on strontium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of strontium products, visit the Strontium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|STRONTIUM BROMATE SYNONYMS|
|Strontium dibromate, Bromic acid, strontium salt|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums tTypical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Strontium
- Strontium and zoledronate hydroxyapatites graded composite coatings for bone prostheses. Boanini E, Torricelli P, Sima F, Axente E, Fini M, Mihailescu IN, Bigi A. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Feb 9
- Strontium still authorised despite an unfavourable opinion of the European Pharmacovigilance committee. [No authors listed] Prescrire Int. 2015 Jan
- Middle Holocene daily light cycle reconstructed from the strontium/calcium ratios of a fossil giant clam shell. Hori M, Sano Y, Ishida A, Takahata N, Shirai K, Watanabe T. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 4
- Tracking mobility using human hair: What can we learn from lead and strontium isotopes? Vautour G, Poirier A, Widory D. Sci Justice. 2015 Jan
- Optimizing strontium ruthenate thin films for near-infrared plasmonic applications. Braic L, Vasilantonakis N, Zou B, Maier SA, Alford NM, Zayats AV, Petrov PK. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 13
- Supplementation of strontium to a chondrogenic medium promotes chondrogenic differentiation of human dedifferentiated fat cells. Okita N, Honda Y, Kishimoto N, Liao W, Azumi E, Hashimoto Y, Matsumoto N. Tissue Eng Part A. 2015 Feb 11.
- The osteogenic response of mesenchymal stromal cells to strontium-substituted bioactive glasses. Santocildes-Romero ME, Crawford A, Hatton PV, Goodchild RL, Reaney IM, Miller CA. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2015 Mar 11.
- Fabrication of gelatin-strontium substituted calcium phosphate scaffolds with unidirectional pores for bone tissue engineering. Wu YC, Lin WY, Yang CY, Lee TM. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Mar
- Provenancing of unidentified World War II casualties: Application of strontium and oxygen isotope analysis in tooth enamel. Font L, Jonker G, van Aalderen PA, Schiltmans EF, Davies GR. Sci Justice. 2015 Jan
- Effects on growth and osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by the strontium-added sol-gel hydroxyapatite gel materials. Raucci MG, Giugliano D, Alvarez-Perez MA, Ambrosio L. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Feb
- Age and gender specific biokinetic model for strontium in humans. Shagina NB, Tolstykh EI, Degteva MO, Anspaugh LR, Napier BA. J Radiol Prot. 2015 Mar
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of strontium-containing nanostructured carbonated hydroxyapatite/sodium alginate for sinus lift in rabbits. Valiense H, Barreto M, Resende RF, Alves AT, Rossi AM, Mavropoulos E, Granjeiro JM, Calasans-Maia MD. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 Feb 26.
- Repairing defect and preventing collapse of femoral head in a steroid-induced osteonecrotic of femoral head animal model using strontium-doped calcium polyphosphate combined BM-MNCs. Kang P, Xie X, Tan Z, Yang J, Shen B, Zhou Z, Pei F. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Feb
- Arsenic, barium, strontium and uranium geochemistry and their utility as tracers to characterize groundwaters from the Espadán-Calderona Triassic Domain, Spain. Giménez-Forcada E, Vega-Alegre M. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Apr 15
- The deposition of strontium-substituted hydroxyapatite coatings. Boyd AR, Rutledge L, Randolph LD, Mutreja I, Meenan BJ. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Feb
- Strontium eluting graphene hybrid nanoparticles augment osteogenesis in a 3D tissue scaffold. Kumar S, Chatterjee K. Nanoscale. 2015 Feb 7
- Architectural control of urea in supramolecular 1D strontium vanadium oxide chains. Schwarz B, Streb C. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 17
- Evaluation of injectable strontium-containing borate bioactive glass cement with enhanced osteogenic capacity in a critical-sized rabbit femoral condyle defect model. Zhang Y, Cui X, Zhao S, Wang H, Rahaman MN, Liu Z, Huang W, Zhang C. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 4
- Short-term effect of strontium- and zinc-containing toothpastes and mouthrinses on volatile sulphur compounds in morning breath: a randomized, double-blind, cross-over clinical study. Soares LG, Jonski G, Tinoco EM, Young A. Eur J Oral Sci. 2015 Apr
- In vitro interactions of blood, platelet, and fibroblast with biodegradable magnesium-zinc-strontium alloys. Nguyen TY, Cipriano AF, Guan RG, Zhao ZY, Liu H. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2015 Feb 17.
Recent Research & Development for Bromates
- Chemoprotective Effect of Taurine on Potassium Bromate-Induced DNA Damage, DNA-Protein Cross-Linking and Oxidative Stress in Rat Intestine. Ahmad MK, Khan AA, Ali SN, Mahmood R. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 6
- [Simultaneous analysis of iodate, iodide, bromate and bromide by ion chromatography with ultraviolet detection]. Li M, Yu H, Zheng X. Se Pu. 2014 Mar
- Complex reaction dynamics in the cerium-bromate-2-methyl-1,4-hydroquinone photoreaction. Bell JG, Green JR, Wang J. J Phys Chem A. 2014 Oct 23
- Simultaneous detection of perchlorate and bromate using rapid high-performance ion exchange chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry and perchlorate removal in drinking water. West DM, Mu R, Gamagedara S, Ma Y, Adams C, Eichholz T, Burken JG, Shi H. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Jan 7.
- Simultaneous determination of bromate, chlorite and haloacetic acids by two-dimensional matrix elimination ion chromatography with coupled conventional and capillary columns. Teh HB, Li SF. J Chromatogr A. 2015 Feb 27
- Removal of bromide and bromate from drinking water using granular activated carbon. Zhang YQ, Wu QP, Zhang JM, Yang XH. J Water Health. 2015 Mar
- Multiple linear regression model for bromate formation based on the survey data of source waters from geographically different regions across China. Yu J, Liu J, An W, Wang Y, Zhang J, Wei W, Su M, Yang M. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Jan
- [Mg/Al layered double hydroxides prepared by microwave-assisted co-precipitation method for the removal of bromate]. Zhong Q, Li H. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2014 Apr
- Bromate oxidized from bromide during sonolytic ozonation. Lu N, Wu XF, Zhou JZ, Huang X, Ding GJ. Ultrason Sonochem. 2015 Jan
- An electrochemiluminescence sensor for bromate assay based on a new cationic polythiophene derivative. Li X, Li J, Wang H, Li R, Ma H, Du B, Wei Q. Anal Chim Acta. 2014 Dec 10
- Epigenetic changes in p21 expression in renal cells after exposure to bromate. Scholpa NE, Zhang X, Kolli RT, Cummings BS. Toxicol Sci. 2014 Oct
- [Acute renal failure and hearing loss due to sodium bromate intoxication]. Kitamoto T. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Direct injection ion chromatography for the control of chlorinated drinking water: simultaneous estimation of nine haloacetic acids and quantitation of bromate, chlorite and chlorate along with the major inorganic anions. Garcia-Villanova RJ, Raposo Funcia C, Oliveira Dantas Leite MV, Toruño Fonseca IM, Espinosa Nieto M, Espuelas India J. J Water Health. 2014 Sep
- Complex Spatiotemporal Behavior in the Photosensitive Ferroin - Bromate - 4-Nitrophenol Reaction. Bell JG, Wang J. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 16.
- Effect of low- and medium-pressure Hg UV irradiation on bromate removal in Advanced Reduction Process. Jung B, Nicola R, Batchelor B, Abdel-Wahab A. Chemosphere. 2014 Dec
- Determination of trace amount of formaldehyde base on a bromate-Malachite Green system. Tang Y, Chen H, Weng C, Tang X, Zhang M, Hu T. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Jan 25
- Formation potentials of bromate and brominated disinfection by-products in bromide-containing water by ozonation. Lin T, Wu S, Chen W. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2014 Dec
- Protective effect of taurine against potassium bromate-induced hemoglobin oxidation, oxidative stress, and impairment of antioxidant defense system in blood. Ahmad MK, Mahmood R. Environ Toxicol. 2014 Sep 12.
- Extractive liquid-liquid spectrofluorometric determination of trace and ultra concentrations of bromate in water samples by the fluorescence quenching of tetraphenylphosphonium iodide. Al-Saidi HM, El-Shahawi MS. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Mar 5
- Addition of hydrogen peroxide for the simultaneous control of bromate and odor during advanced drinking water treatment using ozone. Wang Y, Yu J, Zhang D, Yang M. J Environ Sci (China). 2014 Mar 1