Hydrate: Sr(BrO3)2 • H2O
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Br2O6Sr||343.4244||N/A||N/A||343.709731||341.711777||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Strontium Bromate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Strontium (atomic symbol: Sr, atomic number: 38) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 87.62 . The number of electrons in each of Strontium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 5s2. The strontium atom has a radius of 215 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 249 pm. Strontium was discovered by William Cruickshank in 1787 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, strontium is a soft, silvery white metallic solid that quickly turns yellow when exposed to air. Cathode ray tubes in televisions are made of strontium, which are becoming increasingly displaced by other display technologies; pyrotechnics and fireworks employ strontium salts to achhieve a bright red color. Radioactive isotopes of strontium have been used in radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) and for certain cancer treatments. In nature, most strontium is found in celestite (as strontium sulfate) and strontianite (as strontium carbonate). Strontium was named after the Scottish town where it was discovered. For more information on strontium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of strontium products, visit the Strontium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Strontium
- The inhibitory effect of strontium-doped calcium polyphosphate particles on cytokines from macrophages and osteoblasts leading to aseptic loosening in vitro. Huang C, Li L, Yu X, Gu Z, Zhang X. Biomed Mater. 2014.
- Monitoring bone strontium intake in osteoporotic females self-supplementing with strontium citrate with a novel in-vivo X-ray fluorescence based diagnostic tool. Moise H, Chettle DR, Pejovic-Milic A. Bone. 2014.
- Controlling initial biodegradation of magnesium by a biocompatible strontium phosphate conversion coating. Chen XB, Nisbet DR, Li RW, Smith PN, Abbott TB, Easton MA, Zhang DH, Birbilis N. Acta Biomater. 2014 Mar.
- Hydrothermal synthesis and characterization of Si and Sr co-substituted hydroxyapatite nanowires using strontium containing calcium silicate as precursors. Zhang N, Zhai D, Chen L, Zou Z, Lin K, Chang J. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014
- Osteoblastic cell response on biphasic fluorhydroxyapatite/strontium-substituted hydroxyapatite coatings. Yin P, Feng FF, Lei T, Zhong XH, Jian XC. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2014 Mar.
- Intervention timing of strontium treatment on estrogen depletion-induced osteoporosis in rats: Bone microstructure and mechanics. Peng S, Liu XS, Huang S, Pan H, Zhen W, Zhou G, Luk KD, Guo XE, Lu WW. J Orthop Res. 2014 Mar.
- Geographic determination of coffee beans using multi-element analysis and isotope ratios of boron and strontium. Food Chem. 2014 2013/09/05 | first author:Liu HC
- Precise determination of strontium isotope ratios by TIMS to authenticate tomato geographical origin. Trincherini PR, Baffi C, Barbero P, Pizzoglio E, Spalla S. Food Chem. 2014 Feb.
- Preclinical evaluation of strontium-containing bioactive bone cement. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Li Z
- Application of ICP-DRC-MS to screening test of strontium and plutonium in environmental samples at Fukushima. Appl Radiat Isot. 2013 2013/05/16 | first author:Sakama M
- Spatial distribution of the trace elements zinc, strontium and lead in human bone tissue. Bone. 2013 2013/08/13 | first author:Pemmer B
- Baseline concentrations of strontium and (90)Sr in seawater from the northern Gulf. Mar Pollut Bull. 2013 2013/07/24 | first author:Uddin S
- Bone formation induced by strontium modified calcium phosphate cement in critical-size metaphyseal fracture defects in ovariectomized rats. Biomaterials. 2013 2013/08/03 | first author:Thormann U
- Isolation of strontium pools and isotope ratios in modern human hair. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 2013/09/28 | first author:Tipple BJ
- Strontium Localization in Bone Tissue Studied by X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy. Calcif Tissue Int. 2013 2013/10/09 | first author:Frankar CG
- Enhanced osteoporotic bone regeneration by strontium-substituted calcium silicate bioactive ceramics. Biomaterials. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Lin K
- Pure Hydroxyapatite Phantoms for the Calibration of in Vivo X-ray Fluorescence Systems of Bone Lead and Strontium Quantification. Anal Chem. 2013 2013/08/29 | first author:Da Silva E.
- Pulsed electrodeposition for the synthesis of strontium-substituted calcium phosphate coatings with improved dissolution properties. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 2013/08/06 | first author:Drevet R.
- Processing and properties of textured potassium strontium niobate (KSr(2)Nb(5)O(15)) ceramic fibers-effect of texture on the electrical properties. IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control. 2013 2013/10/02 | first author:Alkoy S
- SBN60, strontium-barium niobate at 100â€…K. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Stachowicz MHuo L, Qian T, Hao J, Liu H, Zhao D. Effect of water content on strontium retardation factor and distribution coefficient in Chinese loess. J Radiol Prot. 2013 Sep.
Recent Research & Development for Bromates
- A new catalytic oxidation method for sensitive quantification of bromate in flours and bottled water using AgNPs. Farmany A, Mortazavi SS, Hashemi E, Sahraei R. Environ Monit Assess. 2014 Mar.
- Potassium bromate causes cell lysis and induces oxidative stress in human erythrocytes. Ahmad MK, Amani S, Mahmood R. Environ Toxicol. 2014 Feb.
- Oxyhalogen-Sulfur Chemistry: Kinetics and Mechanism of Oxidation of Chemoprotectant, Sodium 2-mercaptoethane Sulfonate, MESNA, by Acidic Bromate and Aqueous Bromine. Adigun RA, Mhike M, Mbiya W, Jonnalagadda SB, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2014 Feb.
- Nitrate and bromate removal by autotrophic and heterotrophic denitrification processes: batch experiments. Demirel S, Bayhan I. J Environ Health Sci Eng. 2013.
- Oxyhalogen-Sulfur Chemistry: Kinetics and Mechanism of Oxidation of N-Acetyl Homocysteine Thiolactone by Acidified Bromate and Aqueous Bromine. Mbiya W, Choi B, Martincigh BS, Morakinyo MK, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Nov.
- Taurine ameliorates potassium bromate-induced kidney damage in rats. Ahmad MK, Khan AA, Mahmood R. Amino Acids. 2013 Nov
- Phosphomolybdate-doped-poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) coated gold nanoparticles: Synthesis, characterization and electrocatalytic reduction of bromate. Hassan SS, Liu Y, Sirajuddin, Solangi AR, Bond AM, Zhang J. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 Nov 25
- Room temperature phosphorimetric determination of bromate in flour based on energy transfer. Menendez-Miranda M, Fernandez-Argüelles MT, Costa-Fernandez JM, Pereiro R, Sanz-Medel A. Talanta. 2013 Nov 15.
- Changes in mRNA and protein expression in the renal cortex of male and female F344 rats treated with bromate. Kolisetty N, Delker DA, Muralidhara S, Bull RJ, Cotruvo JA, Fisher JW, Cummings BS. Arch Toxicol. 2013 Nov.
- Oxyhalogen-Sulfur Chemistry: Kinetics and Mechanism of Oxidation of N-Acetyl homocysteine thiolactone by Acidified Bromate and Aqueous Bromine. Mbiya W, Choi B, Martincigh BS, Morakinyo MK, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Oct 24.
- A new catalytic oxidation method for sensitive quantification of bromate in flours and bottled water using AgNPs. Farmany A, Mortazavi SS, Hashemi E, Sahraei R. Environ Monit Assess. 2013 Oct 22.
- Non-genotoxic Mechanisms Involved in Bromate-induced Cancer in Rats (In Press)(PDF) RJ Bull, JA Cotruvo - Journal-American Water Works Association, 2013
- Taurine ameliorates potassium bromate-induced kidney damage in rats. Ahmad MK, Khan AA, Mahmood R. Amino Acids. 2013 Aug 3.
- Chlorination of bromide-containing waters: Enhanced bromate formation in the presence of synthetic metal oxides and deposits formed in drinking water distribution systems. Liu C, von Gunten U, Croué JP. Water Res. 2013 Jun 13.
- Flow-injection spectrophotometric determination of bromate in bottled drinking water samples using chlorpromazine reagent and a liquid waveguide capillary cell. Tóth IV, Santos IC, Azevedo CF, Fernandes JF, Páscoa RN, Mesquita RB, Rangel AO. Anal Sci. 2013.
- Oxyhalogen-sulfur chemistry: kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of captopril by acidified bromate and aqueous bromine. Kapungu GP, Rukweza G, Tran T, Mbiya W, Adigun R, Ndungu P, Martincigh B, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2013.
- Oxidation and degradation of native wheat starch by acidic bromate in water at room temperature. Komulainen S, Verlackt C, Pursiainen J, Lajunen M. Carbohydr Polym. 2013.
- Preparation and application of trimethylamine amination polychloromethyl styrene nanolatex coated capillary column for the determination of bromate by field-amplified sample stacking open-tubular capillary electrochromatography. Guo Y, Xu F, Meng L, Tang W, Xia Y, Wu Y, Zhang S. Electrophoresis. 2013 May.
- Quantification of iron in seawater at the low picomolar range based on optimization of bromate/ammonia/dihydroxynaphtalene system by catalytic adsorptive cathodic stripping voltammetry. Laglera LM, Santos-Echeandía J, Caprara S, Monticelli D. Anal Chem. 2013 Feb.
- Formation of haloacetic acids, halonitromethanes, bromate and iodate during chlorination and ozonation of seawater and saltwater of marine aquaria systems. Shi H, Qiang Z, Adams C. Chemosphere.