Hydrate: Sr(BrO3)2 • H2O
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Strontium Bromate||SR-BRAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Br2O6Sr||343.4244||N/A||N/A||343.709731||341.711777||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Strontium Bromate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Strontium (atomic symbol: Sr, atomic number: 38) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 87.62 . The number of electrons in each of Strontium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 5s2. The strontium atom has a radius of 215 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 249 pm. Strontium was discovered by William Cruickshank in 1787 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, strontium is a soft, silvery white metallic solid that quickly turns yellow when exposed to air. Cathode ray tubes in televisions are made of strontium, which are becoming increasingly displaced by other display technologies; pyrotechnics and fireworks employ strontium salts to achhieve a bright red color. Radioactive isotopes of strontium have been used in radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) and for certain cancer treatments. In nature, most strontium is found in celestite (as strontium sulfate) and strontianite (as strontium carbonate). Strontium was named after the Scottish town where it was discovered. For more information on strontium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of strontium products, visit the Strontium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Strontium
- Precise determination of strontium isotope ratios by TIMS to authenticate tomato geographical origin. Trincherini PR, Baffi C, Barbero P, Pizzoglio E, Spalla S. Food Chem. 2014 Feb.
- Geographic determination of coffee beans using multi-element analysis and isotope ratios of boron and strontium. Food Chem. 2014 2013/09/05 | first author:Liu HC
- Preclinical evaluation of strontium-containing bioactive bone cement. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Li Z
- Application of ICP-DRC-MS to screening test of strontium and plutonium in environmental samples at Fukushima. Appl Radiat Isot. 2013 2013/05/16 | first author:Sakama M
- Spatial distribution of the trace elements zinc, strontium and lead in human bone tissue. Bone. 2013 2013/08/13 | first author:Pemmer B
- Baseline concentrations of strontium and (90)Sr in seawater from the northern Gulf. Mar Pollut Bull. 2013 2013/07/24 | first author:Uddin S
- Bone formation induced by strontium modified calcium phosphate cement in critical-size metaphyseal fracture defects in ovariectomized rats. Biomaterials. 2013 2013/08/03 | first author:Thormann U
- Isolation of strontium pools and isotope ratios in modern human hair. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 2013/09/28 | first author:Tipple BJ
- Strontium Localization in Bone Tissue Studied by X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy. Calcif Tissue Int. 2013 2013/10/09 | first author:FrankÃ¦r CG
- Pure Hydroxyapatite Phantoms for the Calibration of in Vivo X-ray Fluorescence Systems of Bone Lead and Strontium Quantification. Anal Chem. 2013 2013/08/29 | first author:Da Silva E
- Enhanced osteoporotic bone regeneration by strontium-substituted calcium silicate bioactive ceramics. Biomaterials. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Lin K
- Processing and properties of textured potassium strontium niobate (KSr(2)Nb(5)O(15)) ceramic fibers-effect of texture on the electrical properties. IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control. 2013 2013/10/02 | first author:Alkoy S
- Preparation and photocatalytic activity of strontium titanate nanocube-dispersed mesoporous silica. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 2013/07/31 | first author:Katagiri K
- The effects of strontium on skeletal development in zebrafish embryo. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2013 2013/09/03 | first author:Pasqualetti S
- Pulsed electrodeposition for the synthesis of strontium-substituted calcium phosphate coatings with improved dissolution properties. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 2013/08/06 | first author:Drevet R.
- Development and evaluation of a magnesium-zinc-strontium alloy for biomedical applications--alloy processing, microstructure, mechanical properties, and biodegradation. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 2013/08/06 | first author:Guan RG
- SBN60, strontium-barium niobate at 100â€…K. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Stachowicz MHuo L, Qian T, Hao J, Liu H, Zhao D. Effect of water content on strontium retardation factor and distribution coefficient in Chinese loess. J Radiol Prot. 2013 Sep 19.
- Budis H, Kalisinska E, Lanocha N, Kosik-Bogacka DI. The Concentration of Manganese, Iron and Strontium in Bone of Red Fox Vulpes vulpes (L. 1758). Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 Sep 7.
- Feng LL, Zou X, Zhao J, Zhou LJ, Wang DJ, Zhang X, Li GD. Nanoporous Sr-rich strontium titanate: a stable and superior photocatalyst for H(2) evolution. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Sep 12.
- Calcium phosphate cements with strontium halides as radiopacifiers. 2013 Aug 30 - López A, Montazerolghaem M, Engqvist H, Ott MK, Persson C.
Recent Research & Development for Bromates
- Phosphomolybdate-doped-poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) coated gold nanoparticles: Synthesis, characterization and electrocatalytic reduction of bromate. Hassan SS, Liu Y, Sirajuddin, Solangi AR, Bond AM, Zhang J. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 Nov 25
- Room temperature phosphorimetric determination of bromate in flour based on energy transfer. Menendez-Miranda M, Fernandez-Argüelles MT, Costa-Fernandez JM, Pereiro R, Sanz-Medel A. Talanta. 2013 Nov 15.
- Taurine ameliorates potassium bromate-induced kidney damage in rats. Ahmad MK, Khan AA, Mahmood R. Amino Acids. 2013 Nov
- Changes in mRNA and protein expression in the renal cortex of male and female F344 rats treated with bromate. Kolisetty N, Delker DA, Muralidhara S, Bull RJ, Cotruvo JA, Fisher JW, Cummings BS. Arch Toxicol. 2013 Nov.
- Oxyhalogen-Sulfur Chemistry: Kinetics and Mechanism of Oxidation of N-Acetyl homocysteine thiolactone by Acidified Bromate and Aqueous Bromine. Mbiya W, Choi B, Martincigh BS, Morakinyo MK, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Oct 24.
- A new catalytic oxidation method for sensitive quantification of bromate in flours and bottled water using AgNPs. Farmany A, Mortazavi SS, Hashemi E, Sahraei R. Environ Monit Assess. 2013 Oct 22.
- Non-genotoxic Mechanisms Involved in Bromate-induced Cancer in Rats (In Press)(PDF) RJ Bull, JA Cotruvo - Journal-American Water Works Association, 2013
- Taurine ameliorates potassium bromate-induced kidney damage in rats. Ahmad MK, Khan AA, Mahmood R. Amino Acids. 2013 Aug 3.
- Chlorination of bromide-containing waters: Enhanced bromate formation in the presence of synthetic metal oxides and deposits formed in drinking water distribution systems. Liu C, von Gunten U, Croué JP. Water Res. 2013 Jun 13.
- Flow-injection spectrophotometric determination of bromate in bottled drinking water samples using chlorpromazine reagent and a liquid waveguide capillary cell. Tóth IV, Santos IC, Azevedo CF, Fernandes JF, Páscoa RN, Mesquita RB, Rangel AO. Anal Sci. 2013.
- Fe(II)-Al(III) layered double hydroxides prepared by ultrasound-assisted co-precipitation method for the reduction of bromate. Zhong Y, Yang Q, Luo K, Wu X, Li X, Liu Y, Tang W, Zeng G, Peng B. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Apr 15.
- Oxidation and degradation of native wheat starch by acidic bromate in water at room temperature. Komulainen S, Verlackt C, Pursiainen J, Lajunen M. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Mar 1;93(1):73-80.
- Preparation and application of trimethylamine amination polychloromethyl styrene nanolatex coated capillary column for the determination of bromate by field-amplified sample stacking open-tubular capillary electrochromatography. Guo Y, Xu F, Meng L, Tang W, Xia Y, Wu Y, Zhang S. Electrophoresis. 2013 May.
- Oxyhalogen-sulfur chemistry: kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of captopril by acidified bromate and aqueous bromine. Kapungu GP, Rukweza G, Tran T, Mbiya W, Adigun R, Ndungu P, Martincigh B, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Apr 4.
- Bromate adsorption using Fe-pillared bentonite. He S, Zhang D, Gu L, Zhang S, Yu X. Environ Technol. 2012 Oct-Nov
- Ozonation of iodide-containing waters: selective oxidation of iodide to iodate with simultaneous minimization of bromate and I-THMs. Allard S, Nottle CE, Chan A, Joll C, von Gunten U. Water Res. 2013 Apr 15
- Quantification of iron in seawater at the low picomolar range based on optimization of bromate/ammonia/dihydroxynaphtalene system by catalytic adsorptive cathodic stripping voltammetry. Laglera LM, Santos-Echeandía J, Caprara S, Monticelli D. Anal Chem. 2013 Feb 19.
- Fast and efficient benign oxidation of native wheat starch by acidic bromate under microwave activation. Komulainen S, Diaz E, Pursiainen J, Lajunen M. Carbohydr Res. 2013 Feb 15.
- Formation of haloacetic acids, halonitromethanes, bromate and iodate during chlorination and ozonation of seawater and saltwater of marine aquaria systems. Shi H, Qiang Z, Adams C. Chemosphere. 2012 Nov 22.
- Protective effects of rutin against potassium bromate induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Khan RA, Khan MR, Sahreen S. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012 Nov 1.