|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Strontium Ferrite Powder||SR-FE-05-P||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Strontium Ferrite Ingot||SR-FE-05-I||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Strontium Ferrite Chunk||SR-FE-05-CK||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Strontium Ferrite Sputtering Target||SR-FE-05-ST||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Strontium Ferrite Lump||SR-FE-05-L||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|SrFe12O19||12023-91-5||24871679||16213227||MFCD00075632||234-685-4||oxo (oxoferriooxy) iron; oxostrontium||N/A||O=[Fe]O[Fe]=O.O=
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Fe12O19Sr||1061.75||White Crystalline Solid||5.18 g/cm3||1063.028297||1063.028297||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Strontium Ferrite is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Strontium (atomic symbol: Sr, atomic number: 38) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 87.62 . The number of electrons in each of Strontium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 5s2. The strontium atom has a radius of 215 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 249 pm. Strontium was discovered by William Cruickshank in 1787 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, strontium is a soft, silvery white metallic solid that quickly turns yellow when exposed to air. Cathode ray tubes in televisions are made of strontium, which are becoming increasingly displaced by other display technologies; pyrotechnics and fireworks employ strontium salts to achhieve a bright red color. Radioactive isotopes of strontium have been used in radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) and for certain cancer treatments. In nature, most strontium is found in celestite (as strontium sulfate) and strontianite (as strontium carbonate). Strontium was named after the Scottish town where it was discovered. For more information on strontium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of strontium products, visit the Strontium element page.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite, hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|STRONTIUM FERRITE SYNONYMS|
|Strontium iron oxide, Strontium ferrate, Strontium dodecairon nonadecaoxide|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums tTypical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Strontium
- Strontium and zoledronate hydroxyapatites graded composite coatings for bone prostheses. Boanini E, Torricelli P, Sima F, Axente E, Fini M, Mihailescu IN, Bigi A. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Feb 9
- Strontium still authorised despite an unfavourable opinion of the European Pharmacovigilance committee. [No authors listed] Prescrire Int. 2015 Jan
- Middle Holocene daily light cycle reconstructed from the strontium/calcium ratios of a fossil giant clam shell. Hori M, Sano Y, Ishida A, Takahata N, Shirai K, Watanabe T. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 4
- Tracking mobility using human hair: What can we learn from lead and strontium isotopes? Vautour G, Poirier A, Widory D. Sci Justice. 2015 Jan
- Optimizing strontium ruthenate thin films for near-infrared plasmonic applications. Braic L, Vasilantonakis N, Zou B, Maier SA, Alford NM, Zayats AV, Petrov PK. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 13
- Supplementation of strontium to a chondrogenic medium promotes chondrogenic differentiation of human dedifferentiated fat cells. Okita N, Honda Y, Kishimoto N, Liao W, Azumi E, Hashimoto Y, Matsumoto N. Tissue Eng Part A. 2015 Feb 11.
- The osteogenic response of mesenchymal stromal cells to strontium-substituted bioactive glasses. Santocildes-Romero ME, Crawford A, Hatton PV, Goodchild RL, Reaney IM, Miller CA. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2015 Mar 11.
- Fabrication of gelatin-strontium substituted calcium phosphate scaffolds with unidirectional pores for bone tissue engineering. Wu YC, Lin WY, Yang CY, Lee TM. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Mar
- Provenancing of unidentified World War II casualties: Application of strontium and oxygen isotope analysis in tooth enamel. Font L, Jonker G, van Aalderen PA, Schiltmans EF, Davies GR. Sci Justice. 2015 Jan
- Effects on growth and osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by the strontium-added sol-gel hydroxyapatite gel materials. Raucci MG, Giugliano D, Alvarez-Perez MA, Ambrosio L. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Feb
- Age and gender specific biokinetic model for strontium in humans. Shagina NB, Tolstykh EI, Degteva MO, Anspaugh LR, Napier BA. J Radiol Prot. 2015 Mar
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of strontium-containing nanostructured carbonated hydroxyapatite/sodium alginate for sinus lift in rabbits. Valiense H, Barreto M, Resende RF, Alves AT, Rossi AM, Mavropoulos E, Granjeiro JM, Calasans-Maia MD. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 Feb 26.
- Repairing defect and preventing collapse of femoral head in a steroid-induced osteonecrotic of femoral head animal model using strontium-doped calcium polyphosphate combined BM-MNCs. Kang P, Xie X, Tan Z, Yang J, Shen B, Zhou Z, Pei F. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Feb
- Arsenic, barium, strontium and uranium geochemistry and their utility as tracers to characterize groundwaters from the Espadán-Calderona Triassic Domain, Spain. Giménez-Forcada E, Vega-Alegre M. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Apr 15
- The deposition of strontium-substituted hydroxyapatite coatings. Boyd AR, Rutledge L, Randolph LD, Mutreja I, Meenan BJ. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Feb
- Strontium eluting graphene hybrid nanoparticles augment osteogenesis in a 3D tissue scaffold. Kumar S, Chatterjee K. Nanoscale. 2015 Feb 7
- Architectural control of urea in supramolecular 1D strontium vanadium oxide chains. Schwarz B, Streb C. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 17
- Evaluation of injectable strontium-containing borate bioactive glass cement with enhanced osteogenic capacity in a critical-sized rabbit femoral condyle defect model. Zhang Y, Cui X, Zhao S, Wang H, Rahaman MN, Liu Z, Huang W, Zhang C. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 4
- Short-term effect of strontium- and zinc-containing toothpastes and mouthrinses on volatile sulphur compounds in morning breath: a randomized, double-blind, cross-over clinical study. Soares LG, Jonski G, Tinoco EM, Young A. Eur J Oral Sci. 2015 Apr
- In vitro interactions of blood, platelet, and fibroblast with biodegradable magnesium-zinc-strontium alloys. Nguyen TY, Cipriano AF, Guan RG, Zhao ZY, Liu H. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2015 Feb 17.
Recent Research & Development for Ferrites
- Ultra-low percolation threshold in ferrite-metal cofired ceramics brings both high permeability and high permittivity. Wang L, Bai Y, Lu X, Cao JL, Qiao LJ. Sci Rep. 2015 Jan 5
- Mesoporous bismuth ferrite with amplified magnetoelectric coupling and electric field-induced ferrimagnetism. Quickel TE, Schelhas LT, Farrell RA, Petkov N, Le VH, Tolbert SH. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 10
- Laccase immobilized manganese ferrite nanoparticle: synthesis and LSSVM intelligent modeling of decolorization. Mahmoodi NM, Arabloo M, Abdi J. Water Res. 2014 Dec 15
- Dopamine-assisted one-pot synthesis of zinc ferrite-embedded porous carbon nanospheres for ultrafast and stable lithium ion batteries. Yao X, Zhao C, Kong J, Wu H, Zhou D, Lu X. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Dec 4
- Bismuth ferrite as low-loss switchable material for plasmonic waveguide modulator. Babicheva VE, Zhukovsky SV, Lavrinenko AV. Opt Express. 2014 Nov 17
- Long-circulating PEGylated manganese ferrite nanoparticles for MRI-based molecular imaging. Pernia Leal M, Rivera-Fernández S, Franco JM, Pozo D, de la Fuente JM, García-Martín ML. Nanoscale. 2015 Feb 7
- Silica Encapsulation of Ferrimagnetic Zinc Ferrite Nanocubes Enabled by Layer-by-Layer Polyelectrolyte Deposition. Park J, Porter MD, Granger MC. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 10.
- Facile synthesis of nano silver ferrite (AgFeO2) modified with chitosan applied for biothiol separation. Abdelhamid HN, Wu HF. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Dec
- Electrospun bismuth ferrite nanofibers for potential applications in ferroelectric photovoltaic devices. Fei L, Hu Y, Li X, Song R, Sun L, Huang H, Gu H, Chan HL, Wang Y. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 18
- Barium ferrite decorated reduced graphene oxide nanocomposite for effective electromagnetic interference shielding. Verma M, Singh AP, Sambyal P, Singh BP, Dhawan SK, Choudhary V. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Jan 21
- Anhydride functionalised calcium ferrite nanoparticles: a new selective magnetic material for enrichment of lead ions from water and food samples. Pirouz MJ, Beyki MH, Shemirani F. Food Chem. 2015 Mar 1
- Composition and hydrophilicity control of Mn-doped ferrite (MnxFe3-xO4) nanoparticles induced by polyol differentiation. Vamvakidis K, Katsikini M, Vourlias G, Angelakeris M, Paloura EC, Dendrinou-Samara C. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 10
- Synthetic control of composition and crystallite size of silver ferrite composites: profound electrochemistry impacts. Durham JL, Kirshenbaum K, Takeuchi ES, Marschilok AC, Takeuchi KJ. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10
- Synergetic effect of size and morphology of cobalt ferrite nanoparticles on proton relaxivity. N V, Srivastava C, Hegde V. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Accumulation and biological effects of cobalt ferrite nanoparticles in human pancreatic and ovarian cancer cells. Pašukonien? V, Mlynska A, Steponkien? S, Poderys V, Matulionyt? M, Karabanovas V, Statkut? U, Purvinien? R, Kra?ko JA, Jagminas A, Kurtinaitien? M, Strioga M, Rotomskis R. Medicina (Kaunas). 2014
- One-step facile solvothermal synthesis of copper ferrite-graphene composite as a high-performance supercapacitor material. Zhang W, Quan B, Lee C, Park SK, Li X, Choi E, Diao G, Piao Y. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 4
- Strong and moldable cellulose magnets with high ferrite nanoparticle content. Galland S, Andersson RL, Ström V, Olsson RT, Berglund LA. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Nov 26
- Ultrasonic cavitation erosion of nodular cast iron with ferrite-pearlite microstructure. Mitelea I, Bordea?u I, Pelle M, Cr?ciunescu C. Ultrason Sonochem. 2015 Mar
- Cellular uptake and biocompatibility of bismuth ferrite harmonic advanced nanoparticles. Staedler D, Passemard S, Magouroux T, Rogov A, Maguire CM, Mohamed BM, Schwung S, Rytz D, Jüstel T, Hwu S, Mugnier Y, Le Dantec R, Volkov Y, Gerber-Lemaire S, Prina-Mello A, Bonacina L, Wolf JP. Nanomedicine. 2015 Jan 31.
- Influence of Bi3+-doping on the magnetic and Mössbauer properties of spinel cobalt ferrite. Gore SK, Mane RS, Naushad M, Jadhav SS, Zate MK, Alothman ZA, Hui BK. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 6.