|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Strontium Phosphate||SR-PAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Strontium Phosphate||SR-PAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Strontium Phosphate||SR-PAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Strontium Phosphate||SR-PAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|O8P2Sr3||452.80||White powder||>380°C||N/A||N/A||453.623683||453.623683||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Strontium Phosphate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Strontium (atomic symbol: Sr, atomic number: 38) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 87.62 . The number of electrons in each of Strontium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 5s2. The strontium atom has a radius of 215 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 249 pm. Strontium was discovered by William Cruickshank in 1787 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, strontium is a soft, silvery white metallic solid that quickly turns yellow when exposed to air. Cathode ray tubes in televisions are made of strontium, which are becoming increasingly displaced by other display technologies; pyrotechnics and fireworks employ strontium salts to achhieve a bright red color. Radioactive isotopes of strontium have been used in radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) and for certain cancer treatments. In nature, most strontium is found in celestite (as strontium sulfate) and strontianite (as strontium carbonate). Strontium was named after the Scottish town where it was discovered. For more information on strontium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of strontium products, visit the Strontium Information Center.
Phosphorus (atomic symbol: P, atomic number: 15) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 3 element. The number of electrons in each of Phosphorus's shells is 2, 8, 5 and its electronic configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p3. The phosphorus atom has a radius of 110.5.pm and its Van der Waals radius is 180.pm. Phosphorus is a highly-reactive non-metallic element (sometimes considered a metalloid) with two primary allotropes, white phosphorus and red phosphorus; its black flaky appearance is similar to graphitic carbon. Compound forms of phosphorus include phosphates and phosphides. Phosphorous was first recognized as an element by Hennig Brand in 1669; its name (phosphorus mirabilis, or "bearer of light") was inspired from the brilliant glow emitted by its distillation. For more information on phosphorus, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of phosphorus products, visit the Phosphorus Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|STRONTIUM PHOSPHATE SYNONYMS|
|Strontium orthophosphate, Strontium phosphate, tribasic, Phosphoric acid, strontium salt, tristrontium diphosphate, Tristrontium bis(orthophosphate)|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Strontium
- The inhibitory effect of strontium-doped calcium polyphosphate particles on cytokines from macrophages and osteoblasts leading to aseptic loosening in vitro. Huang C, Li L, Yu X, Gu Z, Zhang X. Biomed Mater. 2014.
- Monitoring bone strontium intake in osteoporotic females self-supplementing with strontium citrate with a novel in-vivo X-ray fluorescence based diagnostic tool. Moise H, Chettle DR, Pejovic-Milic A. Bone. 2014.
- Controlling initial biodegradation of magnesium by a biocompatible strontium phosphate conversion coating. Chen XB, Nisbet DR, Li RW, Smith PN, Abbott TB, Easton MA, Zhang DH, Birbilis N. Acta Biomater. 2014 Mar.
- Hydrothermal synthesis and characterization of Si and Sr co-substituted hydroxyapatite nanowires using strontium containing calcium silicate as precursors. Zhang N, Zhai D, Chen L, Zou Z, Lin K, Chang J. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014
- Osteoblastic cell response on biphasic fluorhydroxyapatite/strontium-substituted hydroxyapatite coatings. Yin P, Feng FF, Lei T, Zhong XH, Jian XC. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2014 Mar.
- Intervention timing of strontium treatment on estrogen depletion-induced osteoporosis in rats: Bone microstructure and mechanics. Peng S, Liu XS, Huang S, Pan H, Zhen W, Zhou G, Luk KD, Guo XE, Lu WW. J Orthop Res. 2014 Mar.
- Geographic determination of coffee beans using multi-element analysis and isotope ratios of boron and strontium. Food Chem. 2014 2013/09/05 | first author:Liu HC
- Precise determination of strontium isotope ratios by TIMS to authenticate tomato geographical origin. Trincherini PR, Baffi C, Barbero P, Pizzoglio E, Spalla S. Food Chem. 2014 Feb.
- Preclinical evaluation of strontium-containing bioactive bone cement. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Li Z
- Application of ICP-DRC-MS to screening test of strontium and plutonium in environmental samples at Fukushima. Appl Radiat Isot. 2013 2013/05/16 | first author:Sakama M
- Spatial distribution of the trace elements zinc, strontium and lead in human bone tissue. Bone. 2013 2013/08/13 | first author:Pemmer B
- Baseline concentrations of strontium and (90)Sr in seawater from the northern Gulf. Mar Pollut Bull. 2013 2013/07/24 | first author:Uddin S
- Bone formation induced by strontium modified calcium phosphate cement in critical-size metaphyseal fracture defects in ovariectomized rats. Biomaterials. 2013 2013/08/03 | first author:Thormann U
- Isolation of strontium pools and isotope ratios in modern human hair. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 2013/09/28 | first author:Tipple BJ
- Strontium Localization in Bone Tissue Studied by X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy. Calcif Tissue Int. 2013 2013/10/09 | first author:Frankar CG
- Enhanced osteoporotic bone regeneration by strontium-substituted calcium silicate bioactive ceramics. Biomaterials. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Lin K
- Pure Hydroxyapatite Phantoms for the Calibration of in Vivo X-ray Fluorescence Systems of Bone Lead and Strontium Quantification. Anal Chem. 2013 2013/08/29 | first author:Da Silva E.
- Pulsed electrodeposition for the synthesis of strontium-substituted calcium phosphate coatings with improved dissolution properties. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 2013/08/06 | first author:Drevet R.
- Processing and properties of textured potassium strontium niobate (KSr(2)Nb(5)O(15)) ceramic fibers-effect of texture on the electrical properties. IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control. 2013 2013/10/02 | first author:Alkoy S
- SBN60, strontium-barium niobate at 100â€…K. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Stachowicz MHuo L, Qian T, Hao J, Liu H, Zhao D. Effect of water content on strontium retardation factor and distribution coefficient in Chinese loess. J Radiol Prot. 2013 Sep.
Recent Research & Development for Phosphates
- A mini review of biodegradable calcium phosphate nanoparticles for gene delivery. Xie Y, Chen Y, Sun M, Ping Q. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2014.
- Analysis of lead in beverage juice using mesoporous cadmium phosphate as a solid phase adsorbent. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/11/23 | first author:Yin P.
- Evaluation of intercalated a-zirconium phosphate as sorbent in separation and detection of sulfonamides in honey. Hou J, Yan J, Zhang F, Zhao Q, Chen H, Zhang Y, Li G, Li Y, Ding L. Food Chem. 2014 May
- Bioaccumulation of silver nanoparticles into Daphnia magna from a freshwater algal diet and the impact of phosphate availability. McTeer J, Dean AP, White KN, Pittman JK. Nanotoxicology. 2014 May.
- Comparison of phosphate estimating methods in the presence of phytic Acid for the determination of phytase activity. Sanikommu S, Pasupuleti M, Vadalkonda L. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2014.
- Ultrasonic enhancing amorphization during synthesis of calcium phosphate. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:He K
- The influence of cellular source on periodontal regeneration using calcium phosphate coated polycaprolactone scaffold supported cell sheets. Dan H, Vaquette C, Fisher AG, Hamlet SM, Xiao Y, Hutmacher DW, Ivanovski S. Biomaterials. 2014 Jan.
- Zinc in calcium phosphate mediates bone induction: In vitro and in vivo model. Acta Biomater. 2014 create date:2013/10/22 | first author:Luo X
- Effect of addition of hyaluronic acids on the osteoconductivity and biodegradability of synthetic octacalcium phosphate. Acta Biomater. 2014 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Suzuki K
- Calcium phosphate deposition rate, structure and osteoconductivity on electrospun poly(l-lactic acid) matrix using electrodeposition or simulated body fluid incubation. Acta Biomater. 2014 | first author:He C
- Umbilical cord and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell seeding on macroporous calcium phosphate for bone regeneration in rat cranial defects. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Chen W
- Development of injectable organic/inorganic colloidal composite gels made of self-assembling gelatin nanospheres and calcium phosphate nanocrystals. Acta Biomater. 2014 create date:2013/09/10 | first author:Wang H
- A pH and thermosensitive choline phosphate-based delivery platform targeted to the acidic tumor microenvironment. Yu X, Yang X, Horte S, Kizhakkedathu JN, Brooks DE. Biomaterials. 2014 Jan.
- RhBMP-2-loaded calcium silicate/calcium phosphate cement scaffold with hierarchically porous structure for enhanced bone tissue regeneration. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Zhang J
- The application of high-pressure treatment in the reduction of phosphate levels in breakfast sausages. O'Flynn CC, Cruz-Romero MC, Troy DJ, Mullen AM, Kerry JP. Meat Sci. 2014 Jan.
- Effect of raw material ratios on the compressive strength of magnesium potassium phosphate chemically bonded ceramics. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Wang AJ
- Mitochondrial phosphate transport during nutrient stimulation of INS-1E insulinoma cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013 create date:2013/08/14 | first author:Quan X
- Efficacy of estramustine phosphate sodium hydrate (EMP) monotherapy in castration-resistant prostate cancer patients: report of 102 cases and review of literature. Med Oncol. 2013 create date:2013/09/06 | first author:Matsumoto K
- Tendon-to-bone healing using an injectable calcium phosphate cement combined with bone xenograft/BMP composite. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/10/01 | first author:Weimin P
- SiO(2) and ZnO dopants in three-dimensionally printed tricalcium phosphate bone tissue engineering scaffolds enhance osteogenesis and angiogenesis in vivo. Acta Biomater. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Fielding G