|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Bi2Te3||800.76||Gray or black solid||585 °C
|N/A||7.64-7.74 g/cm3||801.674797||807.679471||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Bismuth Telluride is a narrow gap layered semiconductor with high thermal conductivity. Recent research has confirmed that bismuth telluride may significantly increase the speed of microchips and be the basis for the emerging next generation technology know as "Spintronics". American Elements Bismuth Telluride products are generally available in most volumes and can be purchased in bulk quantites. American Elements can produce most materials in high purity and ultra high purity (up to 99.99999%) forms and follows applicable ASTM testing standards; a range of grades are available including Mil Spec (military grade), ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade, Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade, Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia). We can also produce materials to custom specifications by request, in addition to custom compositions for commercial and research applications and and new proprietary technologies. Typical and custom packaging is available, as is additional research, technical and safety (MSDS) data. Please contact us above for information on specifications, lead time and pricing.
Bismuth (atomic symbol: Bi, atomic number: 83) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 6 element with an atomic radius of 208.98040(. The number of electrons in each of Bismuth's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f14 5d10 6s2 6p3. The bismuth atom has a radius of 156 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 207 pm. In its elemental form, bismuth is a silvery white brittle metal. Bismuth is the most diamagnetic of all metals and, with the exception of mercury, its thermal conductivity is lower than any other metal. Bismuth has a high electrical resistance, and has the highest Hall Effect of any metal (i.e., greatest increase in electrical resistance when placed in a magnetic field). Bismuth is found in bismuthinite and bismite It is also produced as a byproduct of lead, copper, tin, molybdenum and tungsten extraction. Bismuth was first discovered by Early Man. The name Bismuth originates from the German word 'wissmuth,' meaning white mass. For more information on bismuth, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of bismuth products, visit the Bismuth Information Center.
Tellurium (atomic symbol: Te, atomic number: 52) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 127.60. The number of electrons in each of tellurium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 6 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p4. Tellurium was discovered by Franz Muller von Reichenstein in 1782 and first isolated by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1798. In its elemental form, tellurium has a silvery lustrous gray appearance. The tellurium atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 206 pm. Tellurium is most commonly sourced from the anode sludges produced as a byproduct of copper refining. The name Tellurium originates from the Greek word 'Tellus' meaning Earth. For more information on tellurium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of tellurium products, visit the Tellurium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BISMUTH TELLURIDE SYNONYMS|
|Dibismuth tritelluride, Bismuth(III) telluride, Bismuth sesquitelluride, Bismuth tritelluride|
CUSTOMERS FOR BISMUTH TELLURIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Bismuth|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Bismuth
- Bismuth subsalicylate tablet masquerading as vanishing button battery in the stomach. Khara HS, Diehl DL, Metwally MJ, Schwender BJ. Gastrointest Endosc. 2014
- Superconducting Double Perovskite Bismuth Oxide Prepared by a Low-Temperature Hydrothermal Reaction. Rubel MH, Miura A, Takei T, Kumada N, Mozahar Ali M, Nagao M, Watauchi S, Tanaka I, Oka K, Azuma M, Magome E, Moriyoshi C, Kuroiwa Y, Azharul Islam AK. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014
- Synthesis and structural studies of the simplest bismuth(iii) oxo-salicylate complex: [Bi(4)(Î¼(3)-O)(2)(HO-2-C(6)H(4)CO(2))(8)]Â·2Solv (Solv = MeCN or MeNO(2)). Boyd TD, Kumar I, Wagner EE, Whitmire KH. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Recrystallized Arrays of Bismuth Nanowires with Trigonal Orientation. Limmer SJ, Yelton WG, Erickson KJ, Medlin DL, Siegal MP. Nano Lett. 2014
- Graphite Felt Modified with Bismuth Nanoparticles as Negative Electrode in a Vanadium Redox Flow Battery. SuÃ¡rez DJ, GonzÃ¡lez Z, Blanco C, Granda M, MenÃ©ndez R, SantamarÃa R. ChemSusChem. 2014
- Ho(3+) -doped strontium-aluminium-bismuth-borate glasses for green light emission. Rajesh D, Dhamodhara Naidu M, Ratnakaram YC, Balakrishna A. Luminescence. 2014
- Growth mechanism and photocatalytic activity of self-organized N-doped (BiO)(2)CO(3) hierarchical nanosheet microspheres from bismuth citrate and urea. Dong F, Xiong T, Wang R, Sun Y, Jiang Y. Dalton Trans. 2014
- Main group bismuth(iii), gallium(iii) and diorganotin(iv) complexes derived from bis(2-acetylpyrazine)thiocarbonohydrazone: synthesis, crystal structures and biological evaluation. Zhang N, Tai Y, Li M, Ma P, Zhao J, Niu J. Dalton Trans. 2014
- Optimization of amorphous silicon double junction solar cells for an efficient photoelectrochemical water splitting device based on a bismuth vanadate photoanode. Han L, Abdi FF, Perez Rodriguez P, Dam B, van de Krol R, Zeman M, Smets AH. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014
- Mode-locked thulium bismuth codoped fiber laser using graphene saturable absorber in ring cavity: reply. Zen DI, Saidin N, Damanhuri SS, Harun SW, Ahmad H, Ismail MA, Dimyati K, Halder A, Paul MC, Das S, Pal M, Bhadra SK. Appl Opt. 2014
- Development of an electrochemically reduced graphene oxide modified disposable bismuth film electrode and its application for stripping analysis of heavy metals in milk. Ping J, Wang Y, Wu J, Ying Y. Food Chem. 2014 May.
- Mode-locked thulium-bismuth codoped fiber laser using graphene saturable absorber in ring cavity: comment. Jung M, Lee JH. Appl Opt. 2014
- Radiopacity and cytotoxicity of portland cement containing zirconia doped bismuth oxide radiopacifiers. Chen C, Hsieh SC, Teng NC, Kao CK, Lee SY, Lin CK, Yang JC. J Endod. 2014
- Optical studies of Sm(3+) ions doped Zinc Alumino Bismuth Borate glasses. Swapna K, Mahamuda S, Srinivasa Rao A, Shakya S, Sasikala T, Haranath D, Vijaya Prakash G. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Synthesis and photocatalytic properties of bismuth titanate with different structures via oxidant peroxo method (OPM). J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 create date:2013/11/26 | first author:Nogueira AE
- Effect of two different superstrate layers on bismuth titanate (BiT) array antennas. Wee FH, Malek F, Al-Amani AU, Ghani F. Sci Rep. 2014
- Sputtered bismuth screen-printed electrode: A promising alternative to other bismuth modifications in the voltammetric determination of Cd(II) and Pb(II) ions in groundwater. Sosa V, Serrano N, Ariño C, Díaz-Cruz JM, Esteban M. Talanta. 2014 Feb.
- Two new bismuth thiourea bromides: crystal structure, growth, and characterization. Li M, Li RK. Dalton Trans. 2014 Feb
- Borate-based ligands with two soft heterocycle/thione groups and their sodium and bismuth complexes. Dalton Trans. 2014 create date:2013/11/06 | first author:Imran M
- Bismuth sulphides prepared by thermal and hydrothermal decomposition of a single source precursor: the effect of reaction parameters on morphology, microstructure and catalytic activity. Siqueira GO, de Oliveira Porto A, Viana MM, da Silva HV, de Souza YG, da Silva HW, de Lima GM, Matencio T. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013.
Recent Research & Development for Tellurides
- Rapid-acquisition myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (MPS) on a novel gamma camera using multipinhole collimation and miniaturized cadmium-zinc-telluride (CZT) detectors: prognostic value and diagnostic accuracy in a 'real-world' nuclear cardiology service. Chowdhury FU, Vaidyanathan S, Bould M, Marsh J, Trickett C, Dodds K, Clark TP, Sapsford RJ, Dickinson CJ, Patel CN, Thorley PJ. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014. The Effects of the Size and the Doping Concentration on the Power Factor of n-type Lead Telluride Nanocrystals for Thermoelectric Energy Conversion. Fang H, Luo Z, Yang H, Wu Y. Nano Lett. 2014.
- Gender differences in the evaluation of coronary artery disease with a cadmium-zinc telluride camera. Gimelli A, Bottai M, Quaranta A, Giorgetti A, Genovesi D, Marzullo P. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013 Oct.
- Ligand exchange on the surface of cadmium telluride quantum dots with fluorosurfactant-capped gold nanoparticles: Synthesis, characterization and toxicity evaluation. Wang L, Zhang H, Lu C, Zhao L. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Jan.
- Enhancement of anti arthritic effect of quercetin using thioglycolic acid-capped cadmium telluride quantum dots as nanocarrier in adjuvant induced arthritic Wistar rats. Jeyadevi R, Sivasudha T, Rameshkumar A, Ananth DA, Aseervatham GS, Kumaresan K, Kumar LD, Jagadeeswari S, Renganathan R. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Dec 1.
- Enhancement of anti arthritic effect of quercetin using thioglycolic acid-capped cadmium telluride quantum dots as nanocarrier in adjuvant induced arthritic Wistar rats. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Jeyadevi R
- An ultrasensitive method for the determination of melamine using cadmium telluride quantum dots as fluorescence probes. Li X, Li J, Kuang H, Feng L, Yi S, Xia X, Huang H, Chen Y, Tang C, Zeng Y. Anal Chim Acta. 2013.
- A totally phosphine-free synthesis of metal telluride nanocrystals by employing alkylamides to replace alkylphosphines for preparing highly reactive tellurium precursors. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Yao D
- High-sensitivity brain SPECT system using cadmium telluride (CdTe) semiconductor detector and 4-pixel matched collimator. Suzuki A, Takeuchi W, Ishitsu T, Tsuchiya K, Morimoto Y, Ueno Y, Kobashi K, Kubo N, Shiga T, Tamaki N. Phys Med Biol. 2013 Nov 7.
- Mercury-Cadmium-Telluride Waveguides - A Novel Strategy for On-Chip Mid-Infrared Sensors. Wang X, Antoszewski J, Putrino G, Lei W, Faraone L, Mizaikoff B. Anal Chem. 2013 Nov.
- Rapid-acquisition myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (MPS) on a novel gamma camera using multipinhole collimation and miniaturized cadmium-zinc-telluride (CZT) detectors: prognostic value and diagnostic accuracy in a 'real-world' nuclear cardiology service. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013 create date:2013/08/27 | first author:Chowdhury FU
- Effects of Surface Band Bending and Scattering on Thermoelectric Transport in Suspended Bismuth Telluride Nanoplates. Pettes MT, Maassen J, Jo I, Lundstrom MS, Shi L. Nano Lett. 2013 Nov 1.
- Bioinspired inimitable cadmium telluride quantum dots for bioimaging purposes. Pawar V, Kumar AR, Zinjarde S, Gosavi S. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jun.
- A totally phosphine-free synthesis of metal telluride nanocrystals by employing alkylamides to replace alkylphosphines for preparing highly reactive tellurium precursors. Yao D, Liu Y, Zhao W, Wei H, Luo X, Wu Z, Dong C, Zhang H, Yang B. Nanoscale. 2013 Oct.
- Investigating the effect of characteristic x-rays in cadmium zinc telluride detectors under breast computerized tomography operating conditions. Glick SJ, Didier C. J Appl Phys. 2013 Oct.
- Quaternary Supertetrahedra-Layered Telluride CsMnInTe3: Why Does This Type of Chalcogenide Tilt? Lin H, Shen JN, Chen L, Wu LM. Inorg Chem. 2013 Oct.
- Laser ablation synthesis of new gold tellurides using tellurium and nanogold as precursors. Laser desorption ionisation time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Svihlová K, Prokeš L, Skácelová D, Peña-Méndez EM, Havel J. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2013 Jul.
- Highly efficient telluride electrocatalysts for use as Pt-free counter electrodes in dye-sensitized solar cells. Guo J, Shi Y, Chu Y, Ma T. hem Commun (Camb). 2013 Oct.
- Morphological evolution, growth mechanism, and magneto-transport properties of silver telluride one-dimensional nanostructures. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Li G
- Band Gap Engineering of Zinc Selenide Thin Films Through Alloying with Cadmium Telluride. Al-Kuhaili MF, Kayani A, Durrani SM, Bakhtiari IA, Haider MB. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 May.