|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Bi2Te3||800.76||Gray or black solid||585 °C
|N/A||7.64-7.74 g/cm3||801.674797||807.679471||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Bismuth Telluride is a narrow gap layered semiconductor with high thermal conductivity. Recent research has confirmed that bismuth telluride may significantly increase the speed of microchips and be the basis for the emerging next generation technology know as "Spintronics". American Elements Bismuth Telluride products are generally available in most volumes and can be purchased in bulk quantites. American Elements can produce most materials in high purity and ultra high purity (up to 99.99999%) forms and follows applicable ASTM testing standards; a range of grades are available including Mil Spec (military grade), ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade, Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade, Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia). We can also produce materials to custom specifications by request, in addition to custom compositions for commercial and research applications and new proprietary technologies. Typical and custom packaging is available, as is additional research, technical and safety (MSDS) data. Please contact us above for information on specifications, lead time and pricing.
Bismuth (atomic symbol: Bi, atomic number: 83) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 6 element with an atomic radius of 208.98040(. The number of electrons in each of Bismuth's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f14 5d10 6s2 6p3. The bismuth atom has a radius of 156 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 207 pm. In its elemental form, bismuth is a silvery white brittle metal. Bismuth is the most diamagnetic of all metals and, with the exception of mercury, its thermal conductivity is lower than any other metal. Bismuth has a high electrical resistance, and has the highest Hall Effect of any metal (i.e., greatest increase in electrical resistance when placed in a magnetic field). Bismuth is found in bismuthinite and bismite It is also produced as a byproduct of lead, copper, tin, molybdenum and tungsten extraction. Bismuth was first discovered by Early Man. The name Bismuth originates from the German word 'wissmuth,' meaning white mass. For more information on bismuth, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of bismuth products, visit the Bismuth Information Center.
Tellurium (atomic symbol: Te, atomic number: 52) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 127.60. The number of electrons in each of tellurium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 6 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p4. Tellurium was discovered by Franz Muller von Reichenstein in 1782 and first isolated by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1798. In its elemental form, tellurium has a silvery lustrous gray appearance. The tellurium atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 206 pm. Tellurium is most commonly sourced from the anode sludges produced as a byproduct of copper refining. The name Tellurium originates from the Greek word 'Tellus' meaning Earth. For more information on tellurium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of tellurium products, visit the Tellurium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BISMUTH TELLURIDE SYNONYMS|
|Dibismuth tritelluride, Bismuth(III) telluride, Bismuth sesquitelluride, Bismuth tritelluride|
CUSTOMERS FOR BISMUTH TELLURIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Bismuth|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Bismuth
- Development of an electrochemically reduced graphene oxide modified disposable bismuth film electrode and its application for stripping analysis of heavy metals in milk. Ping J, Wang Y, Wu J, Ying Y. Food Chem. 2014.
- Synthesis and structural studies of the simplest bismuth(iii) oxo-salicylate complex: [Bi4(Î¼3-O)2(HO-2-C6H4CO2)8]Â·2Solv (Solv = MeCN or MeNO2). Boyd TD, Kumar I, Wagner EE, Whitmire KH. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014.
- Silver-Free Two-Component Approach in Gold Catalysis: Activation of [LAuCl] Complexes with Derivatives of Copper, Zinc, Indium, Bismuth, and other Lewis Acids. Fang W, Presset M, Guérinot A, Bour C, Bezzenine-Lafollée S, Gandon V. Chemistry. 2014
- Characterization by combined optical and FT infrared spectra of 3d-transition metal ions doped-bismuth silicate glasses and effects of gamma irradiation. Elbatal FH, Abdelghany AM, Elbatal HA. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- An atomistic insight into the corrosion of the oxide film in liquid lead-bismuth eutectic. Li D, Song C, He HY, Liu CS, Pan BC. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014
- Optical properties of Nd(3+) doped bismuth zinc borate glasses. Shanmugavelu B, Venkatramu V, Ravi Kanth Kumar VV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Low-Coordinate Bismuth Cations. Schwamm RJ, Day BM, Coles MP, Fitchett CM. Inorg Chem. 2014
- Visualization of the Coalescence of Bismuth Nanoparticles. Niu KY, Liao HG, Zheng H. Microsc Microanal. 2014
- Thermodynamic evidence for valley-dependent density of states in bulk bismuth. Küchler R, Steinke L, Daou R, Brando M, Behnia K, Steglich F. Nat Mater. 2014
- Superconducting Double Perovskite Bismuth Oxide Prepared by a Low-Temperature Hydrothermal Reaction. Rubel MH, Miura A, Takei T, Kumada N, Mozahar Ali M, Nagao M, Watauchi S, Tanaka I, Oka K, Azuma M, Magome E, Moriyoshi C, Kuroiwa Y, Azharul Islam AK. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014
- Bismuth-induced effects on optical, lattice vibrational, and structural properties of bulk GaAsBi alloys. Sarcan F, Dönmez O, Kara K, Erol A, Akal N E, Cetinarikan M, Makhloufi H, Arnoult A, Fontaine C. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2014
- Controllable extracellular biosynthesis of bismuth sulfide (Bi(2) S(3) ) nanostructure by sulfate reducing bacteria (SRB) in water-oil two-phase system. Yue L, Wu Y, Liu X, Xin B, Chen S. Biotechnol Prog. 2014
- Ho(3+) -doped strontium-aluminium-bismuth-borate glasses for green light emission. Rajesh D, Dhamodhara Naidu M, Ratnakaram YC, Balakrishna A. Luminescence. 2014
- Recrystallized Arrays of Bismuth Nanowires with Trigonal Orientation. Limmer SJ, Yelton WG, Erickson KJ, Medlin DL, Siegal MP. Nano Lett. 2014
- Main group bismuth(iii), gallium(iii) and diorganotin(iv) complexes derived from bis(2-acetylpyrazine)thiocarbonohydrazone: synthesis, crystal structures and biological evaluation. Zhang N, Tai Y, Li M, Ma P, Zhao J, Niu J. Dalton Trans. 2014
- Development of an electrochemically reduced graphene oxide modified disposable bismuth film electrode and its application for stripping analysis of heavy metals in milk. Ping J, Wang Y, Wu J, Ying Y. Food Chem. 2014 May.
- Graphite felt modified with bismuth nanoparticles as negative electrode in a vanadium redox flow battery. Suárez DJ, González Z, Blanco C, Granda M, Menéndez R, Santamaría R. ChemSusChem. 2014
- Synthesis and photocatalytic properties of bismuth titanate with different structures via oxidant peroxo method (OPM). J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 | first author:Nogueira AE
- Bismuth subsalicylate tablet masquerading as vanishing button battery in the stomach. Khara HS, Diehl DL, Metwally MJ, Schwender BJ. Gastrointest Endosc. 2014
- Bismuth sulphides prepared by thermal and hydrothermal decomposition of a single source precursor: the effect of reaction parameters on morphology, microstructure and catalytic activity. Siqueira GO, de Oliveira Porto A, Viana MM, da Silva HV, de Souza YG, da Silva HW, de Lima GM, Matencio T. Phys Chem Chem Phys.
Recent Research & Development for Tellurides
- Gated tomographic radionuclide angiography using cadmium-zinc-telluride detector gamma camera; comparison to traditional gamma cameras. Jensen MM, Schmidt U, Huang C, Zerahn B. J Nucl Cardiol. 2014.
- n-Type Carbon Nanotubes/Silver Telluride Nanohybrid Buckypaper with a High-Thermoelectric Figure of Merit. Zhao W, Tan HT, Tan LP, Fan S, Hng HH, Boey YC, Beloborodov I, Yan Q. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014.
- Intense Pulsed Light Treatment of Cadmium Telluride Nanoparticle-Based Thin Films. Dharmadasa R, Lavery B, Dharmadasa IM, Druffel T. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014.
- Direct Observation of Metal-Insulator Transition in Single-Crystalline Germanium Telluride Nanowire Memory Devices Prior to Amorphization. Nukala P, Agarwal R, Qian X, Jang MH, Dhara S, Kumar K, Johnson AT, Li J, Agarwal R. Nano Lett. 2014.
- The Effects of the Size and the Doping Concentration on the Power Factor of n-type Lead Telluride Nanocrystals for Thermoelectric Energy Conversion. Fang H, Luo Z, Yang H, Wu Y. Nano Lett. 2014.
- Evaluation of left ventricular diastolic function with a dedicated cadmium-zinc-telluride cardiac camera: comparison with Doppler echocardiography. Gimelli A, Liga R, Pasanisi EM, Giorgetti A, Marras G, Favilli B, Marzullo P. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014
- Rapid-acquisition myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (MPS) on a novel gamma camera using multipinhole collimation and miniaturized cadmium-zinc-telluride (CZT) detectors: prognostic value and diagnostic accuracy in a 'real-world' nuclear cardiology service. Chowdhury FU, Vaidyanathan S, Bould M, Marsh J, Trickett C, Dodds K, Clark TP, Sapsford RJ, Dickinson CJ, Patel CN, Thorley PJ. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014. The Effects of the Size and the Doping Concentration on the Power Factor of n-type Lead Telluride Nanocrystals for Thermoelectric Energy Conversion. Fang H, Luo Z, Yang H, Wu Y. Nano Lett. 2014.
- Gender differences in the evaluation of coronary artery disease with a cadmium-zinc telluride camera. Gimelli A, Bottai M, Quaranta A, Giorgetti A, Genovesi D, Marzullo P. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013 Oct.
- Ligand exchange on the surface of cadmium telluride quantum dots with fluorosurfactant-capped gold nanoparticles: Synthesis, characterization and toxicity evaluation. Wang L, Zhang H, Lu C, Zhao L. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Jan.
- Enhancement of anti arthritic effect of quercetin using thioglycolic acid-capped cadmium telluride quantum dots as nanocarrier in adjuvant induced arthritic Wistar rats. Jeyadevi R, Sivasudha T, Rameshkumar A, Ananth DA, Aseervatham GS, Kumaresan K, Kumar LD, Jagadeeswari S, Renganathan R. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Dec 1.
- Enhancement of anti arthritic effect of quercetin using thioglycolic acid-capped cadmium telluride quantum dots as nanocarrier in adjuvant induced arthritic Wistar rats. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 | first author:Jeyadevi R
- An ultrasensitive method for the determination of melamine using cadmium telluride quantum dots as fluorescence probes. Li X, Li J, Kuang H, Feng L, Yi S, Xia X, Huang H, Chen Y, Tang C, Zeng Y. Anal Chim Acta. 2013.
- A totally phosphine-free synthesis of metal telluride nanocrystals by employing alkylamides to replace alkylphosphines for preparing highly reactive tellurium precursors. Nanoscale. 2013 | first author:Yao D
- High-sensitivity brain SPECT system using cadmium telluride (CdTe) semiconductor detector and 4-pixel matched collimator. Suzuki A, Takeuchi W, Ishitsu T, Tsuchiya K, Morimoto Y, Ueno Y, Kobashi K, Kubo N, Shiga T, Tamaki N. Phys Med Biol. 2013.
- Mercury-Cadmium-Telluride Waveguides - A Novel Strategy for On-Chip Mid-Infrared Sensors. Wang X, Antoszewski J, Putrino G, Lei W, Faraone L, Mizaikoff B. Anal Chem. 2013 Nov.
- Rapid-acquisition myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (MPS) on a novel gamma camera using multipinhole collimation and miniaturized cadmium-zinc-telluride (CZT) detectors: prognostic value and diagnostic accuracy in a 'real-world' nuclear cardiology service. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013 | first author:Chowdhury FU
- Effects of Surface Band Bending and Scattering on Thermoelectric Transport in Suspended Bismuth Telluride Nanoplates. Pettes MT, Maassen J, Jo I, Lundstrom MS, Shi L. Nano Lett. 2013.
- Bioinspired inimitable cadmium telluride quantum dots for bioimaging purposes. Pawar V, Kumar AR, Zinjarde S, Gosavi S. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jun.
- A totally phosphine-free synthesis of metal telluride nanocrystals by employing alkylamides to replace alkylphosphines for preparing highly reactive tellurium precursors. Yao D, Liu Y, Zhao W, Wei H, Luo X, Wu Z, Dong C, Zhang H, Yang B. Nanoscale. 2013 Oct.
- Laser ablation synthesis of new gold tellurides using tellurium and nanogold as precursors. Laser desorption ionisation time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Svihlová K, Prokeš L, Skácelová D, Peña-Méndez EM, Havel J. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2013.