Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dots
AE Quantum Dots™
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|6.20 g/cm3||243.81||243.81||0||Safety Data Sheet|
American Elements is a manufacturer and supplier specializing in producing Cadmium Telluride (CdTe) quantum dots with spectra emission ranges from 510 nanometers (nm) to 780 nanometers (nm) wavelengths. They are charged inorganic particles that are available as a powder or in dispersion. Cadmium Telluride quantum dots are nanoparticles of certain semiconductor crystals with the novel property of having an extremely narrow emission spectrum (Gaussian Distribution) that is directly proportional to the particle's size. The smaller the particle the more its emission is blue shifted and conversely the larger the particle size, the more its emission is red shifted, thus allowing for the emission of the complete light spectra of color from the same material. CdTe Quantum Dots have the potential to turn light emitting diodes (LED) from merely display devises to illumination devices creating the first solid state lighting sources. technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement. American Elements manufactures quantum dots from several semiconductor materials, including Cadmium Telluride (CdTe), Cadmium Selenide/Zinc Sulfide (CdSe/ZnS), Lead Selenide (PbSe) and Zinc Cadmium Selenide/Zinc Sulfide (ZnCdSe/ZnS) nanoparticles with well-defined peak emission frequencies.
Cadmium (atomic symbol: Cd, atomic number: 48) is a Block D, Group 12, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 112.411. The number of electrons in each of Cadmium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2. The cadmium atom has a radius of 151 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 230 pm.Cadmium was discovered and first isolated by Karl Samuel Leberecht Hermann and Friedrich Stromeyer in 1817. In its elemental form, cadmium has a silvery bluish gray metallic appearance. Cadmium makes up about 0.1 ppm of the earth's crust. No significant deposits of cadmium containing ores are known, however, it is sometimes found in its metallic form. It is a common impurity in zinc ores and is isolated during the production of zinc. Cadmium is a key component in battery production and particular pigments and coatings due to its distinct yellow color. Cadmium oxide is used in phosphors for television picture tubes. The name Cadmium originates from the Latin word 'cadmia' and the Greek word 'kadmeia'. For more information on cadmium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cadmium products, visit the Cadmium Information Center.
Tellurium (atomic symbol: Te, atomic number: 52) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 127.60. The number of electrons in each of tellurium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 6 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p4. Tellurium was discovered by Franz Muller von Reichenstein in 1782 and first isolated by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1798. In its elemental form, tellurium has a silvery lustrous gray appearance. The tellurium atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 206 pm. Tellurium is most commonly sourced from the anode sludges produced as a byproduct of copper refining. The name Tellurium originates from the Greek word 'Tellus' meaning Earth. For more information on tellurium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of tellurium products, visit the Tellurium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 2570 6.1/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CADMIUM TELLURIDE SYNONYMS|
|Irtran 6, Cadmium monotelluride, tellanylidenecadmium, telluroxocadmium|
CUSTOMERS FOR CADMIUM TELLURIDE QUANTUM DOTS HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Cadmium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cadmium
- Analysis of lead in beverage juice using mesoporous cadmium phosphate as a solid phase adsorbent. Yin P, Qu R, Liu X, Dong X, Xu Q. Food Chem. 2014 Apr 1
- Contents of cadmium, mercury and lead in fish from the Atlantic sea (Morocco) determined by atomic absorption spectrometry. Chahid A, Hilali M, Benlhachimi A, Bouzid T. Food Chem. 2014 Mar 15
- Calcium and potassium content in beef: Influences on tenderness and associations with molecular markers in Nellore cattle. Meat Sci. 2014 date:2013/09/03 | first author:Tizioto PC
- Targeted analysis of polyphenol metabolism during development of hop (Humulus lupulus L.) cones following treatment with prohexadione-calcium. Food Chem. 2014 date:2013/10/17 | first author:Kavalier AR.
- Combined effects of potassium lactate and calcium ascorbate as sodium chloride substitutes on the physicochemical and sensory characteristics of low-sodium frankfurter sausage. Meat Sci. 2014 date:2013/07/31 | first author:Choi YM
- Lipoteichoic acid from Staphylococcus aureus directly affects cardiomyocyte contractility and calcium transients. Mol Immunol. 2013 date:2013/08/13 | first author:Mutig N
- Optical Calcium Imaging Using DNA-Encoded Fluorescence Sensors in Transgenic Fruit Flies, Drosophila melanogaster. Methods Mol Biol. 2014 date:2013/09/21 | first author:Dipt S
- Creation of reduced fat foods: influence of calcium-induced droplet aggregation on microstructure and rheology of mixed food dispersions. Food Chem. 2013 date:2013/09/03 | first author:Wu BC
- Enhanced osteoporotic bone regeneration by strontium-substituted calcium silicate bioactive ceramics. Biomaterials. 2013 date:2013/10/08 | first author:Lin K
- Tendon-to-bone healing using an injectable calcium phosphate cement combined with bone xenograft/BMP composite. Biomaterials. 2013 date:2013/10/01 | first author:Weimin P
- Umbilical cord and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell seeding on macroporous calcium phosphate for bone regeneration in rat cranial defects. Biomaterials. 2013 date:2013/09/24 | first author:Chen W
- RhBMP-2-loaded calcium silicate/calcium phosphate cement scaffold with hierarchically porous structure for enhanced bone tissue regeneration. Biomaterials. 2013 date:2013/09/21 | first author:Zhang J
- Repair of rabbit segmental femoral defects by using a combination ofÂ tetrapod-shaped calcium phosphate granules and basic fibroblast growth factor-binding ion complex gel. Biomaterials. 2013 date:2013/08/29 | first author:Honnami M
- Anticancer drug delivery system based on calcium carbonate particles loaded with a photosensitizer. Biophys Chem. 2013 date:2013/08/13 | first author:Svenskaya Y
- Reversible inhibitors of regulators of G-protein signaling identified in a high-throughput cell-based calcium signaling assay. Cell Signal. 2013 date:2013/09/18 | first author:Storaska AJ
- Preparation of biomorphic porous calcium titanate and its application for preconcentration of nickel in water and food samples. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 date:2013/10/08 | first author:Zhang D
- Homer1 knockdown protects dopamine neurons through regulating calcium homeostasis in an in vitro model of Parkinson's disease. Cell Signal. 2013 date:2013/09/17 | first author:Chen T
- Calcium inhibits promotion by hot dog of 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced mucin-depleted foci in rat colon. Int J Cancer. 2013 date:2013/05/29 | first author:Santarelli RL
- Transglutaminase-2 mediates calcium-regulated crosslinking of the Y-Box 1 (YB-1) translation-regulatory protein in TGFÎ²1-activated myofibroblasts. J Cell Biochem. 2013 date:2013/06/28 | first author:Willis WL
- Deregulation of calcium homeostasis mediates secreted Î±-synuclein-induced neurotoxicity. Neurobiol Aging. 2013 date:2013/07/31 | first author:Melachroinou K
- Injectable calcium phosphate-alginate-chitosan microencapsulated MC3T3-E1 cell paste for bone tissue engineering in vivo. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 date:2013/10/08 | first author:Qiao P
Recent Research & Development for Tellurides
- Ligand exchange on the surface of cadmium telluride quantum dots with fluorosurfactant-capped gold nanoparticles: Synthesis, characterization and toxicity evaluation. Wang L, Zhang H, Lu C, Zhao L. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Jan 1.
- Gender differences in the evaluation of coronary artery disease with a cadmium-zinc telluride camera. Gimelli A, Bottai M, Quaranta A, Giorgetti A, Genovesi D, Marzullo P. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013 Oct.
- Enhancement of anti arthritic effect of quercetin using thioglycolic acid-capped cadmium telluride quantum dots as nanocarrier in adjuvant induced arthritic Wistar rats. Jeyadevi R, Sivasudha T, Rameshkumar A, Ananth DA, Aseervatham GS, Kumaresan K, Kumar LD, Jagadeeswari S, Renganathan R. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Dec 1.
- Enhancement of anti arthritic effect of quercetin using thioglycolic acid-capped cadmium telluride quantum dots as nanocarrier in adjuvant induced arthritic Wistar rats. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Jeyadevi R
- An ultrasensitive method for the determination of melamine using cadmium telluride quantum dots as fluorescence probes. Li X, Li J, Kuang H, Feng L, Yi S, Xia X, Huang H, Chen Y, Tang C, Zeng Y. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 Nov 13.
- A totally phosphine-free synthesis of metal telluride nanocrystals by employing alkylamides to replace alkylphosphines for preparing highly reactive tellurium precursors. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Yao D
- High-sensitivity brain SPECT system using cadmium telluride (CdTe) semiconductor detector and 4-pixel matched collimator. Suzuki A, Takeuchi W, Ishitsu T, Tsuchiya K, Morimoto Y, Ueno Y, Kobashi K, Kubo N, Shiga T, Tamaki N. Phys Med Biol. 2013 Nov 7.
- Mercury-Cadmium-Telluride Waveguides - A Novel Strategy for On-Chip Mid-Infrared Sensors. Wang X, Antoszewski J, Putrino G, Lei W, Faraone L, Mizaikoff B. Anal Chem. 2013 Nov 6.
- Effects of Surface Band Bending and Scattering on Thermoelectric Transport in Suspended Bismuth Telluride Nanoplates. Pettes MT, Maassen J, Jo I, Lundstrom MS, Shi L. Nano Lett. 2013 Nov 1.
- Rapid-acquisition myocardial perfusion scintigraphy (MPS) on a novel gamma camera using multipinhole collimation and miniaturized cadmium-zinc-telluride (CZT) detectors: prognostic value and diagnostic accuracy in a 'real-world' nuclear cardiology service. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013 create date:2013/08/27 | first author:Chowdhury FU
- A totally phosphine-free synthesis of metal telluride nanocrystals by employing alkylamides to replace alkylphosphines for preparing highly reactive tellurium precursors. Yao D, Liu Y, Zhao W, Wei H, Luo X, Wu Z, Dong C, Zhang H, Yang B. Nanoscale. 2013 Oct 21
- Investigating the effect of characteristic x-rays in cadmium zinc telluride detectors under breast computerized tomography operating conditions. Glick SJ, Didier C. J Appl Phys. 2013 Oct 14
- Quaternary Supertetrahedra-Layered Telluride CsMnInTe3: Why Does This Type of Chalcogenide Tilt? Lin H, Shen JN, Chen L, Wu LM. Inorg Chem. 2013 Oct 7.
- Highly efficient telluride electrocatalysts for use as Pt-free counter electrodes in dye-sensitized solar cells. Guo J, Shi Y, Chu Y, Ma T. hem Commun (Camb). 2013 Oct 3.
- Bioinspired inimitable cadmium telluride quantum dots for bioimaging purposes. Pawar V, Kumar AR, Zinjarde S, Gosavi S. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jun 13.
- Morphological evolution, growth mechanism, and magneto-transport properties of silver telluride one-dimensional nanostructures. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Li G
- Synthesis of Uniform Disk-Shaped Copper Telluride Nanocrystals and Cation Exchange to Cadmium Telluride Quantum Disks with Stable Red Emission. Li H, Brescia R, Povia M, Prato M, Bertoni G, Manna L, Moreels I. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Aug 6.
- Laser ablation synthesis of new gold tellurides using tellurium and nanogold as precursors. Laser desorption ionisation time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Svihlová K, Prokeš L, Skácelová D, Peña-Méndez EM, Havel J. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2013 Jul 30.
- Gender differences in the evaluation of coronary artery disease with a cadmium-zinc telluride camera. Gimelli A, Bottai M, Quaranta A, Giorgetti A, Genovesi D, Marzullo P. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013 May 24.
- Band Gap Engineering of Zinc Selenide Thin Films Through Alloying with Cadmium Telluride. Al-Kuhaili MF, Kayani A, Durrani SM, Bakhtiari IA, Haider MB. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 May 30.
- Phase transformation and thermoelectric properties of bismuth-telluride nanowires. Hsin CL, Wingert M, Huang CW, Guo H, Shih TJ, Suh J, Wang K, Wu J, Wu WW, Chen R. Nanoscale. 2013 Jun 7
- Shedding light on vacancy-doped copper chalcogenides: shape-controlled synthesis, optical properties, and modeling of copper telluride nanocrystals with near-infrared plasmon resonances. Kriegel I, Rodríguez-Fernández J, Wisnet A, Zhang H, Waurisch C, Eychmüller A, Dubavik A, Govorov AO, Feldmann J. ACS Nano. 2013 May 28.
- Comparison between stress myocardial perfusion SPECT recorded with cadmium-zinc-telluride and Anger cameras in various study protocols. Verger A, Djaballah W, Fourquet N, Rouzet F, Koehl G, Imbert L, Poussier S, Fay R, Roch V, Le Guludec D, Karcher G, Marie PY. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013 Feb.