Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dots
AE Quantum Dots™
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -510 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-510||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -520 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-520||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -530 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-530||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -540 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-540||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -550 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-550||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -560 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-560||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -570 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-570||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -580 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-580||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -590 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-590||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -600 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-600||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -610 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-610||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -620 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-620||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -630 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-630||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -640 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-640||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -650 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-650||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -660 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-660||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -670 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-670||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -680 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-680||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -690 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-690||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -700 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-700||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -710 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-710||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -720 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-720||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -770 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-770||Request Quote|
|Cadmium Telluride Quantum Dot -780 nm||CD-TE-01-QD-780||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|6.20 g/cm3||243.81||243.81||0||Safety Data Sheet|
American Elements is a manufacturer and supplier specializing in producing Cadmium Telluride (CdTe) quantum dots with spectra emission ranges from 510 nanometers (nm) to 780 nanometers (nm) wavelengths. They are charged inorganic particles that are available as a powder or in dispersion. Cadmium Telluride quantum dots are nanoparticles of certain semiconductor crystals with the novel property of having an extremely narrow emission spectrum (Gaussian Distribution) that is directly proportional to the particle's size. The smaller the particle the more its emission is blue shifted and conversely the larger the particle size, the more its emission is red shifted, thus allowing for the emission of the complete light spectra of color from the same material. CdTe Quantum Dots have the potential to turn light emitting diodes (LED) from merely display devises to illumination devices creating the first solid state lighting sources. technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement. American Elements manufactures quantum dots from several semiconductor materials, including Cadmium Telluride (CdTe), Cadmium Selenide/Zinc Sulfide (CdSe/ZnS), Lead Selenide (PbSe) and Zinc Cadmium Selenide/Zinc Sulfide (ZnCdSe/ZnS) nanoparticles with well-defined peak emission frequencies.
Cadmium (atomic symbol: Cd, atomic number: 48) is a Block D, Group 12, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 112.411. The number of electrons in each of Cadmium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2. The cadmium atom has a radius of 151 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 230 pm.Cadmium was discovered and first isolated by Karl Samuel Leberecht Hermann and Friedrich Stromeyer in 1817. In its elemental form, cadmium has a silvery bluish gray metallic appearance. Cadmium makes up about 0.1 ppm of the earth's crust. No significant deposits of cadmium containing ores are known, however, it is sometimes found in its metallic form. It is a common impurity in zinc ores and is isolated during the production of zinc. Cadmium is a key component in battery production and particular pigments and coatings due to its distinct yellow color. Cadmium oxide is used in phosphors for television picture tubes. The name Cadmium originates from the Latin word 'cadmia' and the Greek word 'kadmeia'. For more information on cadmium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cadmium products, visit the Cadmium element page.
Tellurium (atomic symbol: Te, atomic number: 52) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 127.60. The number of electrons in each of tellurium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 6 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p4. Tellurium was discovered by Franz Muller von Reichenstein in 1782 and first isolated by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1798. In its elemental form, tellurium has a silvery lustrous gray appearance. The tellurium atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 206 pm. Tellurium is most commonly sourced from the anode sludges produced as a byproduct of copper refining. The name Tellurium originates from the Greek word Tellus, meaning Earth. For more information on tellurium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of tellurium products, visit the Tellurium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 2570 6.1/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CADMIUM TELLURIDE SYNONYMS|
|Irtran 6, Cadmium monotelluride, tellanylidenecadmium, telluroxocadmium|
|CUSTOMERS FOR CADMIUM TELLURIDE QUANTUM DOTS HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Bismuth Lead Cadmium Alloy||Cadmium Sulfate||Cadmium Powder||Cadmium Sputtering Target||Cadmium Oxide Pellets|
|Cadmium Chloride||Cadmium Acetate||Cadmium Foil||Cadmium 2-Ethylhexanoate||Cadmium Fluoride|
|Tin Cadmium Alloy||Cadmium Pellets||Cadmium Oxide Nanopowder||Cadmium Oxide||Cadmium Metal|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Cadmium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cadmium
- Cadmium sulfide quantum dots induce oxydative-stress and behavioural impairments in the marine clam Scrobicularia plana. Buffet PE, Zalouk-Vergnoux A, Poirier L, Lopes C, Risso-de Faverney C, Guibbolini M, Gilliland D, Perrein-Ettajani H, Valsami-Jones E, Mouneyrac C. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Cadmium toxicity affects chlorophyll a and b content, antioxidant enzyme activities and mineral nutrient accumulation in strawberry. Muradoglu F, Gundogdu M, Ercisli S, Encu T, Balta F, Jaafar HZ, Zia-Ul-Haq M. Biol Res. 2015 Feb 20
- Effects of Dietary Cadmium and Boron Supplementation on Performance, Eggshell Quality and Mineral Concentrations of Bone in Laying Hens. Olgun O, Bahtiyarca Y. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 8.
- Histidine promotes the loading of nickel and zinc, but not of cadmium, into the xylem in Noccaea caerulescens. Kozhevnikova AD, Seregin IV, Verweij R, Schat H. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Evolution of cadmium effects in the testis and sperm of the tropical fish Gymnotus carapo. Vergilio CS, Moreira RV, Carvalho CE, Melo EJ. Tissue Cell. 2015 Feb 7.
- Cadmium Modulates Biofilm Formation by Staphylococcus epidermidis. Wu X, Santos RR, Fink-Gremmels J. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015 Mar 4
- Assessment of cadmium and lead adsorption in organic and conventional coffee. Marchioni C, Oliveira FM, Magalhães CS, Luccas PO. Anal Sci. 2015
- Physiological responses of fenugreek seedlings and plants treated with cadmium. Zayneb C, Bassem K, Zeineb K, Grubb CD, Noureddine D, Hafedh M, Amine E. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Mar 11.
- Coupling of non-selective adsorption with selective elution for novel in-line separation and detection of cadmium by vapour generation atomic absorption spectrometry. Zhang Y, Adeloju SB. Talanta. 2015 May
- Association between Dietary Cadmium Exposure and Breast Cancer Risk: An Updated Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies. Wu X, Zhu X, Xie M. Med Sci Monit. 2015 Mar 15
- Efficient biosorption of lead(II) and cadmium(II) ions from aqueous solutions by functionalized cell with intracellular CaCO3 mineral scaffolds. Ma X, Cui W, Yang L, Yang Y, Chen H, Wang K. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 26
- Common and metal-specific proteomic responses to cadmium and zinc in the metal tolerant ericoid mycorrhizal fungus Oidiodendron maius Zn. Chiapello M, Martino E, Perotto S. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 12.
- Tissue-specific transcriptional profiling of iron-deficient and cadmium-stressed rice using laser capture microdissection. Ogo Y, Kakei Y, Itai RN, Kobayashi T, Nakanishi H, Nishizawa NK. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Aug
- Are Food Compounds Able to Modulate Noxious Activities Induced by Cadmium Exposure? de Moura CF, Ribeiro DA. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2015 Mar 9:0.
- Wounding of Arabidopsis halleri leaves enhances cadmium accumulation that acts as a defense against herbivory. Plaza S, Weber J, Pajonk S, Thomas J, Talke IN, Schellenberg M, Pradervand S, Burla B, Geisler M, Martinoia E, Krämer U. Biometals. 2015 Mar 10.
- Transcriptional and biochemical markers in transplanted Perca flavescens to characterize cadmium- and copper-induced oxidative stress in the field. Defo MA, Bernatchez L, Campbell PG, Couture P. Aquat Toxicol. 2015 Feb 21
- Efficiency of repeated phytoextraction of cadmium and zinc from an agricultural soil contaminated with sewage sludge. Luo K, Ma T, Liu H, Wu L, Ren J, Nai F, Li R, Chen L, Luo Y, Christie P. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- A Study on Cadmium Phytoremediation Potential of Indian Mustard, Brassica juncea. Goswami S, Das S. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- Combination of Cadmium and High Cholesterol Levels as a Risk Factor for Heart Fibrosis. Türkcan A, Scharinger B, Grabmann G, Keppler B, Laufer G, Bernhard D, Messner B. Toxicol Sci. 2015 Mar 13.
- [Influences of petroleum hydrocarbons on accumulation of cadmium and induction of metallothionein in the polychaete Perinereis aibuhitensis]. Zhang QR, Mu WY, Zhang JY, Liu L, Wei SH. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2014 Sep
Recent Research & Development for Tellurides
- A turn-on fluorescent probe for hypochlorous acid based on the oxidation of diphenyl telluride. Venkatesan P, Wu SP. Analyst. 2015 Feb 21
- Novel magnetic nickel telluride nanowires decorated with thorns: synthesis and their intrinsic peroxidase-like activity for detection of glucose. Wan L, Liu J, Huang XJ. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Nov 14
- A performance comparison of novel cadmium-zinc-telluride camera and conventional SPECT/CT using anthropomorphic torso phantom and water bags to simulate soft tissue and breast attenuation. Liu CJ, Cheng JS, Chen YC, Huang YH, Yen RF. Ann Nucl Med. 2015 Jan 28.
- Terahertz-field-induced second harmonic generation through Pockels effect in zinc telluride crystal. Cornet M, Degert J, Abraham E, Freysz E. Opt Lett. 2014 Oct 15
- Quantitative high-efficiency cadmium-zinc-telluride SPECT with dedicated parallel-hole collimation system in obese patients: Results of a multi-center study. Nakazato R, Slomka PJ, Fish M, Schwartz RG, Hayes SW, Thomson LE, Friedman JD, Lemley M Jr, Mackin ML, Peterson B, Schwartz AM, Doran JA, Germano G, Berman DS. J Nucl Cardiol. 2015 Apr
- Simulation study comparing high-purity germanium and cadmium zinc telluride detectors for breast imaging. Campbell DL, Peterson TE. Phys Med Biol. 2014 Nov 21
- Novel structural phases and superconductivity of iridium telluride under high pressures. Li B, Huang G, Sun J, Xing Z. Sci Rep. 2014 Sep 22
- Efficient and ultrafast formation of long-lived charge-transfer exciton state in atomically thin cadmium selenide/cadmium telluride type-II heteronanosheets. Wu K, Li Q, Jia Y, McBride JR, Xie ZX, Lian T. ACS Nano. 2015 Jan 27
- A density-functional study on the electronic and vibrational properties of layered antimony telluride. P Stoffel R, L Deringer V, E Simon R, P Hermann R, Dronskowski R. J Phys Condens Matter. 2015 Mar 4
- Highly sensitive fluorescence biosensors for sparfloxacin detection at nanogram level based on electron transfer mechanism of cadmium telluride quantum dots. Liang W, Liu S, Song J, Hao C, Wang L, Li D, He Y. Biotechnol Lett. 2015 Jan 22.
- Cardiac single-photon emission computed tomography using ultrafast cadmium zinc telluride gamma camera with thallium-201 yields high-diagnostic performance despite lower radiation dose and shorter acquisition time. Kasai T. Circ J. 2014
- Antibacterial potential of rutin conjugated with thioglycolic acid capped cadmium telluride quantum dots (TGA-CdTe QDs). Ananth DA, Rameshkumar A, Jeyadevi R, Jagadeeswari S, Nagarajan N, Renganathan R, Sivasudha T. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Mar 5
- Cadmium telluride quantum dots (CdTe-QDs) and enhanced ultraviolet-B (UV-B) radiation trigger antioxidant enzyme metabolism and programmed cell death in wheat seedlings. Chen H, Gong Y, Han R. PLoS One. 2014 Oct 20
- Fluorescent cadmium telluride quantum dots embedded chitosan nanoparticles: a stable, biocompatible preparation for bio-imaging. Ghormade V, Gholap H, Kale S, Kulkarni V, Bhat S, Paknikar K. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2015 Jan
- Cadmium telluride (CdTe) and cadmium selenide (CdSe) leaching behavior and surface chemistry in response to pH and O2. Zeng C, Ramos-Ruiz A, Field JA, Sierra-Alvarez R. J Environ Manage. 2015 Feb 21
- Relationships between myocardial perfusion abnormalities and poststress left ventricular functional impairment on cadmium-zinc-telluride imaging. Gimelli A, Liga R, Giorgetti A, Kusch A, Pasanisi EM, Marzullo P. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2015 Feb 12.
- A fumonisins immunosensor based on polyanilino-carbon nanotubes doped with palladium telluride quantum dots. Masikini M, Mailu SN, Tsegaye A, Njomo N, Molapo KM, Ikpo CO, Sunday CE, Rassie C, Wilson L, Baker PG, Iwuoha EI. Sensors (Basel). 2014 Dec 30
- Mechanism of Bismuth Telluride Exfoliation in an Ionic Liquid Solvent. Ludwig T, Guo L, McCrary PD, Zhang Z, Gordon H, Quan H, Stanton M, Frazier R, Rogers RD, Wang HT, Turner CH. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 11.
- Influence of proton-pump inhibitors on stomach wall uptake of 99mTc-tetrofosmin in cadmium-zinc-telluride SPECT myocardial perfusion imaging. Mouden M, Rijkee KS, Schreuder N, Timmer JR, Jager PL. Nucl Med Commun. 2015 Feb
- Nature of AX Centers in Antimony-Doped Cadmium Telluride Nanobelts. Huang L, Lin CC, Riediger M, Röder R, Tse PL, Ronning C, Lu JG. Nano Lett. 2015 Feb 11