Titanium Palladium Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Ti-95% Pd-05%||TI-PD-01-P.05PD||Request Quote|
Titanium Palladium is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Generally immediately available in most volumes, AE Alloys™ are available as bar, ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Titanium (atomic symbol: Ti, atomic number: 22) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 47.867. The number of electrons in each of Titanium's shells is [2, 8, 10, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d2 4s2. The titanium atom has a radius of 147 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 187 pm. Titanium was discovered by William Gregor in 1791 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1825. In its elemental form, titanium has a silvery grey-white metallic appearance. Titanium's properties are chemically and physically similar to zirconium, both of which have the same number of valence electrons and are in the same group in the periodic table. Titanium has five naturally occurring isotopes: 46Ti through 50Ti, with 48Ti being the most abundant (73.8%). Titanium is found in igneous rocks and the sediments derived from them. It is named after the word Titanos, which is Greek for Titans. For more information on titanium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of titanium products, visit the Titanium element page.
Palladium (atomic symbol: Pd, atomic number: 46) is a Block D, Group 10, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 106.42. The number of electrons in each of palladium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10. The palladium atom has a radius of 137 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 202 pm. In its elemental form, palladium has a silvery white appearance. Palladium is a member of the platinum group of metals (along with platinum, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium). Palladium has the lowest melting point and is the least dense of the group. Palladium can be found as a free metal and alloyed with other platinum-group metals. Nickel-copper deposits are the main commercial source of palladium. Palladium was discovered and first isolated by William Hyde Wollaston in 1803. Its name is derived from the asteroid Pallas. For more information on palladium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of palladium products, visit the Palladium element page.
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Titanium
- Effect of Repeated Simulated Clinical Use and Sterilization on the Cutting Efficiency and Flexibility of Hyflex CM Nickel-Titanium Rotary Files. Seago ST, Bergeron BE, Kirkpatrick TC, Roberts MD, Roberts HW, Himel VT, Sabey KA. J Endod. 2015 Mar 3.
- Cellular Responses Evoked by Different Surface Characteristics of Intraosseous Titanium Implants. Feller L, Jadwat Y, Khammissa RA, Meyerov R, Schechter I, Lemmer J. Biomed Res Int. 2015
- Airborne-particle abrasion parameters on the quality of titanium-ceramic bonds. Go??biowski M, Wo?owiec E, Klimek PL. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Mar 4.
- Enhancing osteoblast-affinity of titanium scaffolds for bone engineering by use of ultraviolet light treatment. Ishijima M, Soltanzadeh P, Hirota M, Tsukimura N, Shigami T, Ogawa T. Biomed Res. 2015
- Bone tissue response to plasma-nitrided titanium implant surfaces. Ferraz EP, Sverzut AT, Freitas GP, Sá JC, Alves C Jr, Beloti MM, Rosa AL. J Appl Oral Sci. 2015 Jan-Feb
- Antifouling coatings for dental implants: Polyethylene glycol-like coatings on titanium by plasma polymerization. Buxadera-Palomero J, Canal C, Torrent-Camarero S, Garrido B, Javier Gil F, Rodríguez D. Biointerphases. 2015 Jun 12
- Comparing a series of 8-quinolinolato complexes of aluminium, titanium and zinc as initiators for the ring-opening polymerization of rac-lactide. Bakewell C, Fateh-Iravani G, Beh DW, Myers D, Tabthong S, Hormnirun P, White AJ, Long N, Williams CK. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 6.
- Cyclic Fatigue Resistance of 3 Different Nickel-Titanium Reciprocating Instruments in Artificial Canals. Higuera O, Plotino G, Tocci L, Carrillo G, Gambarini G, Jaramillo DE. J Endod. 2015 Mar 11.
- [A long-term study regarding the therapeutic effect of two titanium screw fixation for femoral neck fractures]. Zhou Z, Shen Y, Huang S. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2015 Feb
- Tribocorrosion behavior of beta titanium biomedical alloys in phosphate buffer saline solution. Pina VG, Dalmau A, Devesa F, Amigó V, Muñoz AI. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2015 Feb 26
- Intermolecular Reductive Coupling of Esters with Benzophenones by Low-valent Titanium: Synthesis of Diarylmethyl ketones Revisited. Kise N, Sakurai T. J Org Chem. 2015 Mar 6.
- Dependence of capillary forces on relative humidity and the surface properties of femtosecond laser micromachined titanium. Lehr J, Kietzig AM. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Feb 23
- Performance of Porous Tantalum vs. Titanium Cup in Total Hip Arthroplasty: Randomized Trial with Minimum 10-Year Follow-Up. Wegrzyn J, Kaufman KR, Hanssen AD, Lewallen DG. J Arthroplasty. 2015 Jan 21.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in titanium dioxide nanoparticle-induced neurotoxicity. Nalika N, Parvez S. Toxicol Mech Methods. 2015 Mar 16:1-9.
- The Effect of Taper Angle and Spline Geometry on the Initial Stability of Tapered, Splined Modular Titanium Stems. Pierson JL, Small SR, Rodriguez JA, Kang MN, Glassman AH. J Arthroplasty. 2015 Feb 7.
- Influence of various superhydrophilic treatments of titanium on the initial attachment, proliferation, and differentiation of osteoblast-like cells. Yamamura K, Miura T, Kou I, Muramatsu T, Furusawa M, Yoshinari M. Dent Mater J. 2015 Feb 3
- Concentration-driven phase control for low temperature synthesis of phase-pure anatase and rutile titanium oxide. Wang Z, Xiao C, Yamada S, Yoshinaga K, Bu XR, Zhang M. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Feb 9
- Titanium mesh as a low-profile alternative for tension-band augmentation in patella fracture fixation: A biomechanical study. Dickens AJ, Salas C, Rise L, Murray-Krezan C, Taha MR, DeCoster TA, Gehlert RJ. Injury. 2015 Feb 26.
- Low-Voltage Flexible Organic Electronics Based on High Performance Sol-Gel Titanium Dioxide Dielectric. Sung S, Park S, Lee WJ, Son J, Kim CH, Yoon MH. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 9.
- Visible light Caffeic acid degradation by carbon-doped titanium dioxide. Venditti F, Cuomo F, Ceglie A, Avino P, Russo MV, Lopez F. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 12.
Recent Research & Development for Palladium
- Palladium-Catalyzed Intramolecular Cyclization of Ynamides: Synthesis of 4-Halo-oxazolones. Huang H, He G, Zhu G, Zhu X, Qiu S, Zhu H. J Org Chem. 2015 Mar 16.
- Monocarboxylation and Intramolecular Coupling of Butenylated Arenes via Palladium-Catalyzed C-H Activation Process. Liu R, Lu ZH, Hu XH, Li JL, Yang XJ. Org Lett. 2015 Mar 12.
- Palladium-Catalyzed Cycloisomerization and Aerobic Oxidative Cycloisomerization of Homoallenyl Amides: A Facile and Divergent Approach to 2-Aminofurans. Cheng C, Liu S, Zhu G. Org Lett. 2015 Mar 12.
- Exhibition of the Brønsted acid-base character of a Schiff base in palladium(ii) complex formation: lithium complexation, fluxional properties and catalysis of Suzuki reactions in water. Kumar R, Mani G. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Highly selective detection of palladium and picric acid by a luminescent MOF: a dual functional fluorescent sensor. Sanda S, Parshamoni S, Biswas S, Konar S. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 16.
- Palladium-Catalyzed Cs2CO3-Promoted Arylation of Unactivated C(sp3)-H Bonds by (Diacetoxyiodo)arenes: Shifting the Reactivity of (Diacetoxyiodo)arenes from Acetoxylation to Arylation. Gou Q, Zhang ZF, Liu ZC, Qin J. J Org Chem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Frustrated Lewis pair-like reactions of nucleophilic palladium carbenes with B(C6F5)3. Cui P, Comanescu CC, Iluc VM. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10.
- New palladium(ii) and platinum(ii) 5,5-diethylbarbiturate complexes with 2-phenylpyridine, 2,2'-bipyridine and 2,2'-dipyridylamine: synthesis, structures, DNA binding, molecular docking, cellular uptake, antioxidant activity and cytotoxicity. Icsel C, Yilmaz VT, Kaya Y, Samli H, Harrison WT, Buyukgungor O. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- A Tris(triazolate) Ligand for a Highly Active and Magnetically Recoverable Palladium Catalyst of Selective Alcohol Oxidation Using Air at Atmospheric Pressure. Wang D, Deraedt C, Salmon L, Labrugère C, Etienne L, Ruiz J, Astruc D. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 9.
- One pot synthesis of diarylfurans from aryl esters and PhI(OAc)2via palladium-associated iodonium ylides. Bao YS, Agula B, Zhaorigetu B, Jia M, Baiyin M. Org Biomol Chem. 2015 Mar 11.
- A novel water-soluble ESIPT fluorescent probe with high quantum yield and red emission for ratiometric detectionto inorganic and organic palladium. Gao T, Xu P, Liu M, Bi A, Zeng W. Chem Asian J. 2015 Mar 10.
- Reactions of phenylacetylene with nickel POCOP-pincer hydride complexes resulting in different outcomes from their palladium analogues. Wilson GL, Abraha M, Krause JA, Guan H. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Insights into the reaction mechanism of CO oxidative coupling to dimethyl oxalate over palladium: a combined DFT and IR study. Li Q, Zhou Z, Chen R, Sun B, Qiao L, Yao Y, Wu K. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Palladium-catalyzed oxidative C-H/C-H cross-coupling of 1-substituted 1,2,3-triazoles with furans and thiophenes. Yu X, Huang Z, Liu W, Shi S, Kuang C. Org Biomol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Chemical Remodeling of Cell-Surface Sialic Acids through a Palladium-Triggered Bioorthogonal Elimination Reaction. Wang J, Cheng B, Li J, Zhang Z, Hong W, Chen X, Chen PR. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 12.
- Palladium Nanotubes Formed by Lipid Tubule Templating and Their Application in Ethanol Electrocatalysis. Wang Y, Ma S, Su Y, Han X. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 12.
- Host-Guest Behavior of a Heavy-Atom Heterocycle Re4(CO)16(μ-SbPh2)2(μ-H)2 Obtained from a Palladium-Assisted Ring Opening Dimerization of Re2(CO)8(μ-SbPh2)(μ-H). Adams RD, Pearl WC Jr, Wong YO, Hall MB, Walensky JR. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 10.
- Tackling poison and leach: catalysis by dangling thiol-palladium functions within a porous metal-organic solid. Gui B, Yee KK, Wong YL, Yiu SM, Zeller M, Wang C, Xu Z. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 11.
- Palladium-meta-Terarylphosphine Catalyst for the Mizoroki-Heck Reaction of (Hetero-)Aryl Bromides and Functional Olefins. Tay DW, Jong H, Lim YH, Wu W, Chew X, Robins EG, Johannes CW. J Org Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Palladium(ii)-1-phenylthio-2-arylchalcogenoethane complexes: palladium phosphide nano-peanut and ribbon formation controlled by chalcogen and Suzuki coupling activation. Kumar Rao G, Kumar A, Saleem F, Singh MP, Kumar S, Kumar B, Mukherjee G, Singh AK. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 11.