Titanium Silicon Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
Titanium Silicon is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Generally immediately available in most volumes, AE Alloys™ are available as bar, Ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Titanium (atomic symbol: Ti, atomic number: 22) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 47.867. The number of electrons in each of Titanium's shells is [2, 8, 10, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d2 4s2. The titanium atom has a radius of 147 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 187 pm. Titanium was discovered by William Gregor in 1791 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1825. n its elemental form, titanium has a silvery grey-white metallic appearance. Titanium's properties are chemically and physically similar to zirconium, both of which have the same number of valence electrons and are in the same group in the periodic table. Titanium has five naturally occurring isotopes: 46Ti through 50Ti, with 48Ti being the most abundant (73.8%). Titanium is found in igneous rocks and the sediments derived from them. It is named after the word Titanos, which is Greek for Titans. For more information on titanium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of titanium products, visit the Titanium Information Center.
Silicon (atomic symbol: Si, atomic number: 14) is a Block P, Group 14, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 28.085. The number of electrons in each of Silicon's shells is 2, 8, 4 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p2. The silicon atom has a radius of 111 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Silicon was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jacob Berzelius in 1823. Silicon makes up 25.7% of the earth's crust, by weight, and is the second most abundant element, exceeded only by oxygen. The metalloid is rarely found in pure crystal form and is usually produced from the iron-silicon alloy Ferrosilicon. Silica (or silicon oxide), as sand, is a principal ingredient of glass, one of the most inexpensive of materials with excellent mechanical, optical, thermal, and electrical properties. Ultra high purity silicon can be doped with boron, gallium, phosphorus, or arsenic to produce silicon for use in transistors, solar cells, rectifiers, and other solid-state devices which are used extensively in the electronics industry.The name Silicon originates from the Latin word "silex" which means flint or hard stone. For more information on silicon, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silicon products, visit the Silicon Information Center.
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Titanium
- Giable George, The structural and optical studies of titanium doped rare earth pigments and coloring applications, Dyes and Pigments, Volume 112, January 2015
- Li Zhang, Yu-ping Feng, Qing Nan, Rong-xian Ke, Qing-lei Wan, Zhe Wang, Effects of titanium-based raw materials on electrochemical behavior of Ti(C,N)-based cermets, International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, Volume 48, January 2015
- G.J. Li, J. Li, X. Luo, Effects of post-heat treatment on microstructure and properties of laser cladded composite coatings on titanium alloy substrate, Optics & Laser Technology, Volume 65, January 2015
- Xiaoxin Ye, Xiaopei Li, Guolin Song, Guoyi Tang, Effect of recovering damage and improving microstructure in the titanium alloy strip under high-energy electropulses, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 616, 15 December 2014
- Wei-Sheng Liu, Shen-Yu Wu, Chao-Yu Hung, Ching-Hsuan Tseng, Yu-Lin Chang, Improving the optoelectronic properties of gallium ZnO transparent conductive thin films through titanium doping, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 616, 15 December 2014
- Yanyan Zhu, Xiangjun Tian, Jia Li, Huaming Wang, Microstructure evolution and layer bands of laser melting deposition Ti–6.5Al–3.5Mo–1.5Zr–0.3Si titanium alloy, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 616, 15 December 2014
- Guangyu Zhao, Yanning Niu, Li Zhang, Kening Sun, Ruthenium oxide modified titanium dioxide nanotube arrays as carbon and binder free lithium–air battery cathode catalyst, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 270, 15 December 2014
- Zichao Yan, Li Liu, Jinli Tan, Qian Zhou, Zhifeng Huang, Dongdong Xia, Hongbo Shu, Xiukang Yang, Xianyou Wang, One-pot synthesis of bicrystalline titanium dioxide spheres with a core–shell structure as anode materials for lithium and sodium ion batteries, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 269, 10 December 2014
- Kun-Mu Lee, Ling-Chuan Lin, Vembu Suryanarayanan, Chun-Guey Wu, Titanium dioxide coated on titanium/stainless steel foil as photoanode for high efficiency flexible dye-sensitized solar cells, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 269, 10 December 2014
- Xiaodong Li, Zemin Zhang, Lulu Chen, Zhongping Liu, Jianli Cheng, Wei Ni, Erqing Xie, Bin Wang, Cadmium sulfide quantum dots sensitized tin dioxide–titanium dioxide heterojunction for efficient photoelectrochemical hydrogen production, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 269, 10 December 2014
- J.S. Luo, K. Li, X.B. Li, Y.J. Shu, Y.J. Tang, Phase evolution and alloying mechanism of titanium aluminide nanoparticles, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 615, 5 December 2014
- Ke Hua, Xiangyi Xue, Hongchao Kou, Jiangkun Fan, Bin Tang, Jinshan Li, Characterization of hot deformation microstructure of a near beta titanium alloy Ti-5553, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 615, 5 December 2014
- Xinmei Hou, Penglong Qiu, Tao Yang, Kuo-Chih Chou, Synthesis of titanium nitride nanopowder at low temperature from the combustion synthesized precursor and the thermal stability, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 615, 5 December 2014
- Ming Liu, Yan-Bing He, Wei Lv, Chen Zhang, Hongda Du, Baohua Li, Quan-Hong Yang, Feiyu Kang, High catalytic activity of anatase titanium dioxide for decomposition of electrolyte solution in lithium ion battery, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Ariadne Helena P. de Oliveira, Helinando P. de Oliveira, Carbon nanotube/ polypyrrole nanofibers core–shell composites decorated with titanium dioxide nanoparticles for supercapacitor electrodes, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Pengfei Cheng, Yang Liu, Peng Sun, Sisi Du, Yaxin Cai, Fengmin Liu, Jie Zheng, Geyu Lu, Hydrothermally growth of novel hierarchical structures titanium dioxide for high efficiency dye-sensitized solar cells, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Lanfang Que, Zhang Lan, Wanxia Wu, Jihuai Wu, Jianming Lin, Miaoliang Huang, Titanium dioxide quantum dots: Magic materials for high performance underlayers inserted into dye-sensitized solar cells, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Feng Gu, Wenjuan Huang, Shufen Wang, Xing Cheng, Yanjie Hu, Chunzhong Li, Improved photoelectric conversion efficiency from titanium oxide-coupled tin oxide nanoparticles formed in flame, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Aslan Miriyev, David Barlam, Roni Shneck, Adin Stern, Nachum Frage, Steel to titanium solid state joining displaying superior mechanical properties, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Volume 214, Issue 12, December 2014
- X.P. Zhang, R. Shivpuri, A.K. Srivastava, Role of phase transformation in chip segmentation during high speed machining of dual phase titanium alloys, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Volume 214, Issue 12, December 2014
Recent Research & Development for Silicon
- Energy transfer from luminescent centers to Er3+ in erbium-doped silicon-rich oxide films. Jin L, Li D, Xiang L, Wang F, Yang D, Que D. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013 Aug 28;8(1):366.
- Titration of Free Hydroxyl and Strained Siloxane Sites on Silicon Dioxide with Fluorescent Probes. McCrate JM, Ekerdt JG. Langmuir. 2013 Aug 26.
- Silicon nanowire-silver indium selenide heterojunction photodiodes. Kulakci M, Colakoglu T, Ozdemir B, Parlak M, Unalan HE, Turan R. Nanotechnology. 2013 Sep 20;24(37):375203.
- Formation of Carboxy- and Amide-terminated Alkyl Monolayers on Silicon(111) investigated by ATR-FTIR, XPS, and X-Ray Scattering: Construction of Photoswitchable Surfaces. Rueck-Braun K, Petersen MA, Michalik F, Hebert A, Przyrembel D, Weber C, Ahmed SA, Kowarik S, Weinelt M. Langmuir. 2013 Aug 23.
- Electrodeposition of silicon nanotubes at room temperature using ionic liquid. Mallet J, Martineau F, Namur K, Molinari M. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Aug 23.
- Improvement of carrier diffusion length in silicon nanowire arrays using atomic layer deposition. Kato S, Kurokawa Y, Miyajima S, Watanabe Y, Yamada A, Ohta Y, Niwa Y, Hirota M. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013 Aug 23;8(1):361.
- Differential Adsorption of Small Molecules in Spatially Functionalized Porous Silicon Nanostructures. Wu CC, Chen MY, Sailor MJ. Langmuir. 2013 Aug 21.
- Sensitive detection of protein and miRNA cancer biomarkers using silicon-based photonic crystals and a resonance coupling laser scanning platform. George S, Chaudhery V, Lu M, Takagi M, Amro N, Pokhriyal A, Tan Y, Ferreira P, Cunningham BT. Lab Chip. 2013 Aug 20.
- Activation of an intense near band edge emission from ZnTe/ZnMgTe core/shell nanowires grown on silicon. Wojnar P, Szymura M, Zaleszczyk W, Klopotowski L, Janik E, Wiater M, Baczewski LT, Kret S, Karczewski G, Kossut J, Wojtowicz T. Nanotechnology. 2013 Sep 13;24(36):365201.
- Synthesis and Growth Mechanism of Thin-Film TiO2 Nanotube Arrays on FIB Micropatterned 3D Isolated Regions of Titanium on Silicon. Amani Hamedani H, Lee SW, Alsammarraie AM, Razavi Hesabi Z, Bhatti A, Alamgir F, Garmestani H, Khaleel MA. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 Aug 19.
- In vitro Clearance and Hemocompatibility Assessment of Ultrathin Nanoporous Silicon Membranes for Hemodialysis Applications Using Human Whole Blood. Ahmadi M, Gorbet M, Yeow JT. Blood Purif. 2013 Jul 31;35(4):305-313.
- Dually Active Silicon Nanowire Transistors and Circuits with Equal Electron and Hole Transport. Heinzig A, Mikolajick T, Trommer J, Grimm D, Weber WM. Nano Lett. 2013 Aug 6.
- Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1025:109-15.
- High yield formation of lipid bilayer shells around silicon nanowires in aqueous solution. Römhildt L, Gang A, Baraban L, Opitz J, Cuniberti G. Nanotechnology. 2013 Aug 6;24(35):355601.
- White-light photoluminescence and photoactivation in cadmium sulfide embedded in mesoporous silicon dioxide templates studied by confocal laser scanning microscopy. Pellicer E, Rossinyol E, Rosado M, Guerrero M, Domingo-Roca R, Suriñach S, Castell O, Baró MD, Roldán M, Sort J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Jun 27.
- Silicon nitride nanopores for nanoparticle sensing. Kong J, Wu H, Liu L, Xie X, Wu L, Ye X, Liu Q. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jun;13(6):4010-6.
- Wetting and surface energy of vertically aligned silicon nanowires. Jana S, Mondal S, Bhattacharyya SR. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jun;13(6):3983-9.
- Serotype-specific identification of Dengue virus by silicon nanowire array biosensor. Huang MJ, Xie H, Wan Q, Zhang L, Ning Y, Zhang GJ. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jun;13(6):3810-7.
- C- and L-band erbium-doped waveguide lasers with wafer-scale silicon nitride cavities. Purnawirman, Sun J, Adam TN, Leake G, Coolbaugh D, Bradley JD, Shah Hosseini E, Watts MR. Opt Lett. 2013 Jun 1;38(11):1760-2.