Titanium Silicon Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
Titanium Silicon is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Generally immediately available in most volumes, AE Alloys™ are available as bar, Ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Titanium (atomic symbol: Ti, atomic number: 22) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 47.867. The number of electrons in each of Titanium's shells is [2, 8, 10, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d2 4s2. The titanium atom has a radius of 147 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 187 pm. Titanium was discovered by William Gregor in 1791 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1825. n its elemental form, titanium has a silvery grey-white metallic appearance. Titanium's properties are chemically and physically similar to zirconium, both of which have the same number of valence electrons and are in the same group in the periodic table. Titanium has five naturally occurring isotopes: 46Ti through 50Ti, with 48Ti being the most abundant (73.8%). Titanium is found in igneous rocks and the sediments derived from them. It is named after the word Titanos, which is Greek for Titans. For more information on titanium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of titanium products, visit the Titanium Information Center.
Silicon (atomic symbol: Si, atomic number: 14) is a Block P, Group 14, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 28.085. The number of electrons in each of Silicon's shells is 2, 8, 4 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p2. The silicon atom has a radius of 111 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Silicon was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jacob Berzelius in 1823. Silicon makes up 25.7% of the earth's crust, by weight, and is the second most abundant element, exceeded only by oxygen. The metalloid is rarely found in pure crystal form and is usually produced from the iron-silicon alloy Ferrosilicon. Silica (or silicon oxide), as sand, is a principal ingredient of glass, one of the most inexpensive of materials with excellent mechanical, optical, thermal, and electrical properties. Ultra high purity silicon can be doped with boron, gallium, phosphorus, or arsenic to produce silicon for use in transistors, solar cells, rectifiers, and other solid-state devices which are used extensively in the electronics industry.The name Silicon originates from the Latin word "silex" which means flint or hard stone. For more information on silicon, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silicon products, visit the Silicon Information Center.
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Titanium
- Giable George, The structural and optical studies of titanium doped rare earth pigments and coloring applications, Dyes and Pigments, Volume 112, January 2015
- Ming Liu, Yan-Bing He, Wei Lv, Chen Zhang, Hongda Du, Baohua Li, Quan-Hong Yang, Feiyu Kang, High catalytic activity of anatase titanium dioxide for decomposition of electrolyte solution in lithium ion battery, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Ariadne Helena P. de Oliveira, Helinando P. de Oliveira, Carbon nanotube/ polypyrrole nanofibers core–shell composites decorated with titanium dioxide nanoparticles for supercapacitor electrodes, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Pengfei Cheng, Yang Liu, Peng Sun, Sisi Du, Yaxin Cai, Fengmin Liu, Jie Zheng, Geyu Lu, Hydrothermally growth of novel hierarchical structures titanium dioxide for high efficiency dye-sensitized solar cells, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Lanfang Que, Zhang Lan, Wanxia Wu, Jihuai Wu, Jianming Lin, Miaoliang Huang, Titanium dioxide quantum dots: Magic materials for high performance underlayers inserted into dye-sensitized solar cells, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Feng Gu, Wenjuan Huang, Shufen Wang, Xing Cheng, Yanjie Hu, Chunzhong Li, Improved photoelectric conversion efficiency from titanium oxide-coupled tin oxide nanoparticles formed in flame, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Jae-Hwan Kim, Masaru Nakamichi, Reactivity of plasma-sintered beryllium–titanium intermetallic compounds with water vapor, Journal of Nuclear Materials, Volume 455, Issues 1–3, December 2014
- Si-yao Guo, Song Han, Constructing a novel hierarchical 3D flower-like nano/micro titanium phosphate with efficient hydrogen evolution from water splitting, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 267, 1 December 2014
- Ping-Lin Kuo, Chun-Hou Liao, A seeding method to change primary particle of oriented attachment network titanium dioxide for dye-sensitized solar cells, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 267, 1 December 2014
- Glenn E. Bean, Michael S. Kesler, Michele V. Manuel, Effect of Nb on phase transformations and microstructure in high Nb titanium aluminides, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 613, 15 November 2014
- Lanfang Que, Zhang Lan, Wanxia Wu, Jihuai Wu, Jianming Lin, Miaoliang Huang, High-efficiency dye-sensitized solar cells based on ultra-long single crystalline titanium dioxide nanowires, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 266, 15 November 2014
- Yuan-Fong Chau, Chih-Chan Hu, Ci-Yao Jheng, Yao-Tsung Tsai, Li-Zen Hsieh, Wayne Yang, Chien-Ying Chiang, Yuh-Sien Sun, Cheng-Min Lee, Numerical investigation of surface plasmon resonance effects on photocatalytic activities using silver nanobeads photodeposited onto a titanium dioxide layer, Optics Communications, Volume 331, 15 November 2014
- J.J. Candel, J.A. Jimenez, P. Franconetti, V. Amigó, Effect of laser irradiation on failure mechanism of TiCp reinforced titanium composite coating produced by laser cladding, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Volume 214, Issue 11, November 2014
- Taek Bo Kim, Sheng Yue, Ziyu Zhang, Eric Jones, Julian R. Jones, Peter D. Lee, Additive manufactured porous titanium structures: Through-process quantification of pore and strut networks, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Volume 214, Issue 11, November 2014
- Xianglong Guo, Weijie Lu, Liqiang Wang, Jining Qin, A research on the creep properties of titanium matrix composites rolled with different deformation degrees, Materials & Design, Volume 63, November 2014
- D.P. Mondal, Mahesh Patel, S. Das, A.K. Jha, Hemant Jain, G. Gupta, S.B. Arya, Titanium foam with coarser cell size and wide range of porosity using different types of evaporative space holders through powder metallurgy route, Materials & Design, Volume 63, November 2014
- Y. Torres, P. Trueba, J. Pavón, I. Montealegre, J.A. Rodríguez-Ortiz, Designing, processing and characterisation of titanium cylinders with graded porosity: An alternative to stress-shielding solutions, Materials & Design, Volume 63, November 2014
- Qiu Zheng, Tetsuhide Shimizu, Tomomi Shiratori, Ming Yang, Tensile properties and constitutive model of ultrathin pure titanium foils at elevated temperatures in microforming assisted by resistance heating method, Materials & Design, Volume 63, November 2014
- Anchalee Manonukul, Makiko Tange, Pathompoom Srikudvien, Nipon Denmud, Paiboon Wattanapornphan, Rheological properties of commercially pure titanium slurry for metallic foam production using replica impregnation method, Powder Technology, Volume 266, November 2014
- Song Wang, Yuhong Liu, Caixia Zhang, Zhenhua Liao, Weiqiang Liu, The improvement of wettability, biotribological behavior and corrosion resistance of titanium alloy pretreated by thermal oxidation, Tribology International, Volume 79, November 2014
Recent Research & Development for Silicon
- Energy transfer from luminescent centers to Er3+ in erbium-doped silicon-rich oxide films. Jin L, Li D, Xiang L, Wang F, Yang D, Que D. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013 Aug 28;8(1):366.
- Titration of Free Hydroxyl and Strained Siloxane Sites on Silicon Dioxide with Fluorescent Probes. McCrate JM, Ekerdt JG. Langmuir. 2013 Aug 26.
- Silicon nanowire-silver indium selenide heterojunction photodiodes. Kulakci M, Colakoglu T, Ozdemir B, Parlak M, Unalan HE, Turan R. Nanotechnology. 2013 Sep 20;24(37):375203.
- Formation of Carboxy- and Amide-terminated Alkyl Monolayers on Silicon(111) investigated by ATR-FTIR, XPS, and X-Ray Scattering: Construction of Photoswitchable Surfaces. Rueck-Braun K, Petersen MA, Michalik F, Hebert A, Przyrembel D, Weber C, Ahmed SA, Kowarik S, Weinelt M. Langmuir. 2013 Aug 23.
- Electrodeposition of silicon nanotubes at room temperature using ionic liquid. Mallet J, Martineau F, Namur K, Molinari M. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Aug 23.
- Improvement of carrier diffusion length in silicon nanowire arrays using atomic layer deposition. Kato S, Kurokawa Y, Miyajima S, Watanabe Y, Yamada A, Ohta Y, Niwa Y, Hirota M. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013 Aug 23;8(1):361.
- Differential Adsorption of Small Molecules in Spatially Functionalized Porous Silicon Nanostructures. Wu CC, Chen MY, Sailor MJ. Langmuir. 2013 Aug 21.
- Sensitive detection of protein and miRNA cancer biomarkers using silicon-based photonic crystals and a resonance coupling laser scanning platform. George S, Chaudhery V, Lu M, Takagi M, Amro N, Pokhriyal A, Tan Y, Ferreira P, Cunningham BT. Lab Chip. 2013 Aug 20.
- Activation of an intense near band edge emission from ZnTe/ZnMgTe core/shell nanowires grown on silicon. Wojnar P, Szymura M, Zaleszczyk W, Klopotowski L, Janik E, Wiater M, Baczewski LT, Kret S, Karczewski G, Kossut J, Wojtowicz T. Nanotechnology. 2013 Sep 13;24(36):365201.
- Synthesis and Growth Mechanism of Thin-Film TiO2 Nanotube Arrays on FIB Micropatterned 3D Isolated Regions of Titanium on Silicon. Amani Hamedani H, Lee SW, Alsammarraie AM, Razavi Hesabi Z, Bhatti A, Alamgir F, Garmestani H, Khaleel MA. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 Aug 19.
- In vitro Clearance and Hemocompatibility Assessment of Ultrathin Nanoporous Silicon Membranes for Hemodialysis Applications Using Human Whole Blood. Ahmadi M, Gorbet M, Yeow JT. Blood Purif. 2013 Jul 31;35(4):305-313.
- Dually Active Silicon Nanowire Transistors and Circuits with Equal Electron and Hole Transport. Heinzig A, Mikolajick T, Trommer J, Grimm D, Weber WM. Nano Lett. 2013 Aug 6.
- Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1025:109-15.
- High yield formation of lipid bilayer shells around silicon nanowires in aqueous solution. Römhildt L, Gang A, Baraban L, Opitz J, Cuniberti G. Nanotechnology. 2013 Aug 6;24(35):355601.
- White-light photoluminescence and photoactivation in cadmium sulfide embedded in mesoporous silicon dioxide templates studied by confocal laser scanning microscopy. Pellicer E, Rossinyol E, Rosado M, Guerrero M, Domingo-Roca R, Suriñach S, Castell O, Baró MD, Roldán M, Sort J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Jun 27.
- Silicon nitride nanopores for nanoparticle sensing. Kong J, Wu H, Liu L, Xie X, Wu L, Ye X, Liu Q. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jun;13(6):4010-6.
- Wetting and surface energy of vertically aligned silicon nanowires. Jana S, Mondal S, Bhattacharyya SR. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jun;13(6):3983-9.
- Serotype-specific identification of Dengue virus by silicon nanowire array biosensor. Huang MJ, Xie H, Wan Q, Zhang L, Ning Y, Zhang GJ. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jun;13(6):3810-7.
- C- and L-band erbium-doped waveguide lasers with wafer-scale silicon nitride cavities. Purnawirman, Sun J, Adam TN, Leake G, Coolbaugh D, Bradley JD, Shah Hosseini E, Watts MR. Opt Lett. 2013 Jun 1;38(11):1760-2.