High Purity Tl2Se
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|N/A||9.05 g/cm3||489.865346||489.865326 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Thallium Selenide (TlSe) is a crystal grown product generally immediately available in most volumes. Technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Thallium (atomic symbol: Tl, atomic number: 81) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 204.38. The number of electrons in each of thallium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 3 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f14 5d10 6s2 6p1. The thallium atom has a radius of 170 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 196 pm. Thallium was discovered by Sir William Crookes in 1861 and first isolated by Claude-Auguste Lamy in 1862. Thallium is a post-transition metal that is not found free in nature. Thallium is primarily used for its electrical conductivity as thallium sulfide which changes with exposure to infrared light. This ability makes the compound useful in photocells. Thallium bromide-iodide crystals have been used as infrared optical materials. Thallium has also been used with sulfur, selenium or arsenic to produce low melting glasses which become fluid between 125 and 150 °C, while thallium oxide has been used to produce glasses with a high index of refraction, and is also used in the manufacture of photo cells. Its name is drived from the Greek word "thallos," which means twig or green shoot. For more information on thallium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of thallium products, visit the Thallium Information Center.
Selenium (atomic symbol: Se, atomic number: 34) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 4 element with an atomic radius of 78.96. The number of electrons in each of Selenium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p4. The selenium atom has a radius of 120 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 190 pm. Selenium is a non-metal with several allotropes: a black, vitreous form with an irregular crystal structure; three red-colored forms with monoclinic crystal structures; and a gray form with a hexagonal crystal structure, the most stable and dense form of the element. One of the mose common uses for selenium is in glass production; the red tint that it lends to glass neutralizes green or yellow tints from impurities in the glass materials. Selenium was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius and Johann Gottlieb Gahn in 1817. The origin of the name Selenium comes from the Greek word "Selênê," meaning moon. For more information on selenium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of selenium products, visit the Selenium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|THALLIUM SELENIDE SYNONYMS|
|Dithallium selenide, Thallium(I) Selenide, Thallium selenide (Tl2Se), Thallium(III) selenide, Thallium monoselenide, selenium; thallium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Thallium
- Adsorption mechanisms of thallium(I) and thallium(III) by titanate nanotubes: Ion-exchange and co-precipitation. Liu W, Zhang P, Borthwick AG, Chen H, Ni J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014.
- Study on the treatment of acute thallium poisoning. Zhang HT, Qiao BP, Liu BP, Zhao XG. Am J Med Sci. 2014.
- p-Tertbutylcalixarene nanoemulsion: Preparation, characterization and comparative evaluation of its decontamination efficacy against Technetium-99m, Iodine-131 and Thallium-201. Rana S, Sharma N, Ojha H, Shivkumar HG, Sultana S, Sharma RK. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2014.
- A case of severe thallium poisoning successfully treated with hemoperfusion and continuous veno-venous hemofiltration. Huang C, Zhang X, Li G, Jiang Y, Wang Q, Tian R. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2014.
- Phytoremediation of Water Polluted by Thallium, Cadmium, Zinc, and Lead with the Use of Macrophyte Callitriche cophocarpa. Augustynowicz J, Tokarz K, Baran A, Plachno BJ. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2014.
- Comparison of urinary thallium levels in non-occupationally exposed people and workers. Staff JF, Cotton RJ, Warren ND, Morton J. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2014.
- Formic acid electrooxidation on thallium-decorated shape-controlled platinum nanoparticles: an improvement in electrocatalytic activity. Busó-Rogero C, Perales-Rondón JV, Farias MJ, Vidal-Iglesias FJ, Solla-Gullon J, Herrero E, Feliu JM. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014.
- Synthesis and structural characterization of tris(2-pyridonyl)methyl complexes of zinc and thallium: a new class of metallacarbatranes and a monovalent thallium alkyl compound. Al-Harbi A, Rong Y, Parkin G. Dalton Trans.
- Misdiagnosis and long-term outcome of 13 patients with acute thallium poisoning in China. Li JM, Wang W, Lei S, Zhao LL, Zhou D, Xiong H. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2014.
- Distributions and concentrations of thallium in surface waters of a region impacted by historical metal mining (Cornwall, UK). Tatsi K, Turner A. Sci Total Environ. 2014.
- Influence of the cavity size of water-soluble cryptophanes on their binding properties for cesium and thallium cations. Brotin T, Goncalves S, Berthault P, Cavagnat D, Buffeteau T. J Phys Chem B.
- Role of multimodality imaging including Thallium-201 myocardial perfusion imaging in the diagnosis and monitoring of treatment response in cardiac sarcoidosis. Surasi DS, Manapragada PP, Lloyd SG, Bhambhvani P. J Nucl Cardiol. 2014.
- Enhancement of lanthanide evaporation by complexation: Dysprosium tri-iodide mixed with indium iodide and thulium tri-iodide mixed with thallium iodide. Curry JJ, Estupiñán EG, Henins A, Lapatovich WP, Shastri SD, Hardis JE. J Chem Phys.
- Influence of left ventricular geometry on thallium-201 gated single-photon emission tomographic findings in patients with known or suspected coronary artery disease. Kurisu S, Iwasaki T, Ikenaga H, Watanabe N, Higaki T, Shimonaga T, Ishibashi K, Mitsuba N, Dohi Y, Kihara Y. Ann Nucl Med. 2014.
- Benzannulated tris(2-mercapto-1-imidazolyl)hydroborato ligands: tetradentate ?(4)-S3H binding and access to monomeric monovalent thallium in an [S3] coordination environment. Rong Y, Palmer JH, Parkin G. Dalton Trans. 2014 Jan.
- Thallium(I) sorption using Prussian blue immobilized in alginate capsules. Vincent T, Taulemesse JM, Dauvergne A, Chanut T, Testa F, Guibal E. Carbohydr Polym. 2014.
- [Thallium poisoning in an adolescent girl]. López Segura N, Aznar Laín G, Nolla Salas J, Mur Sierra A. Med Clin (Barc). 2013 Dec.
- Evaluation of cytogenetic and DNA damage caused by thallium(I) acetate in human blood cells. Rodríguez-Mercado JJ, Hernández-de la Cruz H, Felipe-Reyes M, Jaramillo-Cruz E, Altamirano-Lozano MA. Environ Toxicol. 2013 Dec.
- Influence of the Cavity Size of Water-Soluble Cryptophanes on Their Binding Properties for Cesium and Thallium Cations. Buffeteau T, Goncalves S, Berthault P, Cavagnat D, Brotin T. J Phys Chem B. | first author:Buffeteau T
- Nondestructive method for quantifying thallium dopant concentrations in CsI:Tl crystals. Miller SR, Ovechkina EE, Bennett P, Brecher C. Appl Radiat Isot.
Recent Research & Development for Selenides
- Theoretical investigation of electronic states and spectroscopic properties of tellurium selenide molecule employing relativistic effective core potentials. Chattopadhyaya S, Nath A, Das KK. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014.
- Highly Efficient Copper-Zinc-Tin-Selenide (CZTSe) Solar Cells by Electrodeposition. Jeon JO, Lee KD, Seul Oh L, Seo SW, Lee DK, Kim H, Jeong JH, Ko MJ, Kim B, Son HJ, Kim JY. ChemSusChem. 2014.
- Band Gap-Tunable Molybdenum Sulfide Selenide Monolayer Alloy. Su SH, Hsu YT, Chang YH, Chiu MH, Hsu CL, Hsu WT, Chang WH, He JH, Li LJ. Small. 2014.
- Synthesis, structures and DFT calculations of 2-(4,6-dimethyl pyrimidyl)selenolate complexes of Cu(i), Ag(i) and Au(i) and their conversion into metal selenide nanocrystals. Sharma RK, Wadawale A, Kedarnath G, Manna D, Ghanty TK, Vishwanadh B, Jain VK. Dalton Trans. 2014.
- Two-Dimensional Tin Selenide Nanostructures for Flexible All-Solid-State Supercapacitors. Zhang C, Yin H, Han M, Dai Z, Pang H, Zheng Y, Lan YQ, Bao J, Zhu J. ACS Nano. 2014.
- Enhanced performance of cadmium selenide quantum dot -sensitized solar cells by incorporating long afterglow europium, dysprosium co-doped strontium aluminate phosphors. Sun H, Pan L, Piao X, Sun Z. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Feb.
- Electric double-layer transistor using layered iron selenide Mott insulator TlFe1.6Se2. Katase T, Hiramatsu H, Kamiya T, Hosono H. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014.
- Structural and topological control on physical properties of arsenic selenide glasses. Kaseman DC, Hung I, Gan Z, Aitken B, Currie S, Sen S. J Phys Chem B. 2014.
- Investigation of Reaction Mechanisms of Bismuth Tellurium Selenide Nanomaterials for Simple Reaction Manipulation Causing Effective Adjustment of Thermoelectric Properties. Kim C, Kim DH, Kim JT, Han YS, Kim H. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Jan.
- Ultrafast charge- and energy-transfer dynamics in conjugated polymer: cadmium selenide nanocrystal blends. Morgenstern FS, Rao A, Böhm ML, Kist RJ, Vaynzof Y, Greenham NC. ACS Nano. 2014 Feb.
- Electrodeposition of Antimony Selenide Thin Films and Application in Semiconductor Sensitized Solar Cells. Ngo TT, Chavhan S, Kosta I, Miguel O, Grande HJ, Tena-Zaera R. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2014.
- Ammonia-rich high temperature superconducting intercalates of iron selenide revealed through time-resolved in-situ X-ray and neutron diffraction. Sedlmaier SJ, Cassidy SJ, Morris RG, Drakopoulos M, Reinhard C, Moorhouse SJ, O'Hare D, Manuel P, Khalyavin D, Clarke SJ. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Dec.
- Colloidally stable selenium-copper selenide core shell nanoparticles as selenium source for manufacturing of copper-indium-selenide solar cells. Dong H, Quintilla A, Cemernjak M, Popescu R, Gerthsen D, Ahlswede E, Feldmann C. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Feb.
- Copper-indium-selenide quantum dot-sensitized solar cells. Yang J, Kim JY, Yu JH, Ahn TY, Lee H, Choi TS, Kim YW, Joo J, Ko MJ, Hyeon T. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013.
- Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS) Photovoltaic Devices Made Using Multistep Selenization of Nanocrystal Films. Harvey TB, Mori I, Stolle CJ, Bogart TD, Ostrowski DP, Glaz MS, Du J, Pernik DR, Akhavan VA, Kesrouani H, Vanden Bout DA, Korgel BA. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013.
- Electroluminescent, polycrystalline cadmium selenide nanowire arrays. Ayvazian T, van der Veer WE, Xing W, Yan W, Penner RM. ACS Nano. 2013.
- Controllable synthesis of metal selenide heterostructures mediated by Ag2Se nanocrystals acting as catalysts. Zhou J, Huang F, Xu J, Wang Y. Nanoscale. 2013.
- Electroluminescent, Polycrystalline Cadmium Selenide Nanowire Arrays. Ayvazian T, van der Veer WE, Xing W, Yan W, Penner RM. ACS Nano. 2013 Sep.
- Silicon nanowire-silver indium selenide heterojunction photodiodes. Kulakci M, Colakoglu T, Ozdemir B, Parlak M, Unalan HE, Turan R. Nanotechnology. 2013.