|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|O12S3Yb2||634.26||White||N/A||N/A||N/A||633.730432||633.730432||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Ytterbium Sulfate is a moderately water and acid soluble Ytterbium source for uses compatible with sulfates.Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar cells and fuel cells. Ytterbium Sulfate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity, high purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Ytterbium Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Ytterbium (atomic symbol: Yb, atomic number: 70) is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 173.054. The number of electrons in each of Ytterbium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 32, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe]4f14 6s2. The Ytterbium atom has a radius of 176 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 242 pm. Ytterbium was discovered by Jean Charles Galissard de Marignac in 1878 and first isolated by Georges Urbain in 1907. In its elemental form, ytterbium has a silvery-white color. Ytterbium is found in monazite sand as well as the ores euxenite and xenotime. Ytterbium is named after Ytterby, a village in Sweden. Ytterbium can be used as a source for gamma rays, for the doping of stainless steel, or other active metals. Its electrical resistivity rises under stress, making it very useful for stress gauges that measure the deformation of the ground in the even of an earthquake. For more information on Ytterbium, including properties, satefy data, research, and American Elements' catalog of Ytterbium products, visit the Ytterbium element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|YTTERBIUM SULFATE SYNONYMS|
|ytterbium(+3) cation sulfate, Ytterbium(III) sulfate, Sulfuric acid, ytterbium(3+) salt (3:2)|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Ytterbium
- Mode-locked ytterbium-doped fiber laser based on topological insulator: Bi2Se3. Dou Z, Song Y, Tian J, Liu J, Yu Z, Fang X. Opt Express. 2014 Oct 6
- Fractional 1,550nm Ytterbium/Erbium fiber laser in the treatment of lichen amyloidosis: Clinical and histological study. Panchaprateep R, Tusgate S, Munavalli GS, Noppakun N. Lasers Surg Med. 2015 Mar 13.
- An extremely bulky tris(pyrazolyl)methanide: a tridentate ligand for the synthesis of heteroleptic magnesium(II) and ytterbium(II) alkyl, hydride, and iodide complexes. Lalrempuia R, Stasch A, Jones C. Chem Asian J. 2015 Feb
- Self-assembly and intra-cluster reactions of erbium and ytterbium bis(2-ethylhexyl)sulfosuccinates in the gas phase. Indelicato S, Bongiorno D, Turco Liveri V, Mele A, Panzeri W, Castiglione F, Ceraulo L. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2014 Dec 15
- Indirect Production of No Carrier Added (NCA) 177Lu from Irradiation of Enriched 176Yb: Options for Ytterbium/Lutetium Separation. Dash A, Chakravarty R, Russ Knapp FF, Pillai MR. Curr Radiopharm. 2015 Mar 12.
- Phosphate ytterbium-doped single-mode all-solid photonic crystal fiber with output power of 13.8 W. Wang L, He D, Feng S, Yu C, Hu L, Qiu J, Chen D. Sci Rep. 2015 Feb 16
- High-power, efficient and azimuthally polarized ytterbium-doped fiber laser. Zou L, Yao Y, Li J. Opt Lett. 2015 Jan 15
- Enhanced near-infrared emission from holmium-ytterbium co-doped phosphate glasses containing silver nanoparticles. Vallejo Hernandez MA, Martínez Gámez MA, Lucio Martínez JL, Kir'yanov AV. Appl Spectrosc. 2014
- All-normal-dispersion passive harmonic mode-locking 220 fs ytterbium fiber laser. Wang J, Bu X, Wang R, Zhang L, Zhu J, Teng H, Han H, Wei Z. Appl Opt. 2014 Aug 10
- Interplay between photo- and radiation-induced darkening in ytterbium-doped fibers. Duchez JB, Mady F, Mebrouk Y, Ollier N, Benabdesselam M. Opt Lett. 2014 Oct 15
- Preparation of a Ytterbium-tagged Gunshot Residue Standard for Quality Control in the Forensic Analysis of GSR. Hearns NG, Laflèche DN, Sandercock ML. J Forensic Sci. 2015 Feb 10.
- Ytterbium (III) Luminescence in m-Methylbenzoic Acid-Containing Compounds. Kalinovskaya IV, Zadorozhnaya AN. J Fluoresc. 2015 Mar 6.
- Divalent ytterbium complexes with crown and heterocrown ethers. Bartlett PN, Champion MJ, Light ME, Levason W, Reid G, Richardson PW. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 3
- A novel chemiluminescence from the reaction of singlet oxygen with β-diketonates of europium(III), neodymium(III) and ytterbium(III). Kazakov DV, Safarov FE. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2014 Dec
- A Roughness Study of Ytterbium-Doped Potassium Yttrium Tungstate (YB: KYW) Thin-Disk Femtosecond Ablated Dentin. Liu J, Chen H, Ge W, Wang Y, Sun Y, Wang Y, Lü P. J Lasers Med Sci. 2014 Winter
- Direct asymmetric vinylogous Michael addition of 3-alkylidene oxindoles to chalcones catalyzed by a chiral N,N'-dioxide ytterbium(III) complex. Xiao X, Mei H, Chen Q, Zhao X, Lin L, Liu X, Feng X. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Jan 11
- Near-IR luminescence and field-induced single molecule magnet of four salen-type ytterbium complexes. Liu TQ, Yan PF, Luan F, Li YX, Sun JW, Chen C, Yang F, Chen H, Zou XY, Li GM. Inorg Chem. 2015 Jan 5
- Flexible rectangular wave-breaking-free pulse generation in actively mode-locked ytterbium-doped fiber laser. Chen H, Chen SP, Jiang ZF, Hou J. Opt Express. 2014 Nov 3
- Production of no-carrier added Lutetium-177 by Irradiation of Enriched Ytterbium-176. Tarasov VA, Andreev OI, Romanov EG, Kuznetsov RA, Kupriyanov VV, Tselishchev IV. Curr Radiopharm. 2015 Mar 12.
- Reactivity of ytterbium(II) silylamide supported by a pyrrolyl-cyclopentadienyl ligand. Li J, Hao J, Cui C. Dalton Trans. 2015 Jan 14
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- Antioxidant activity of high sulfate content derivative of ulvan in hyperlipidemic rats. Qi H, Sun Y. Int J Biol Macromol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Acidosis Increases MHC Class II-Restricted Presentation of a Protein Endowed with a pH-Dependent Heparan Sulfate-Binding Ability. Knittel D, Savatier A, Upert G, Lortat-Jacob H, Léonetti M. J Immunol. 2015 Mar 9.
- Pseudoendogenous presence of β-boldenone sulfate and glucuronide in untreated young bulls from the food chain. Chiesa L, Pasquale E, Panseri S, Cannizzo FT, Biolatti B, Pavlovic R, Arioli F. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hyaluronic acid-chondroitin sulfate: a potential factor to select pure stress urinary incontinence in patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome and mixed incontinence symptoms. Morelli M, Mocciaro R, Venturella R, Albano A, Sacchinelli A, Zullo F. Minerva Ginecol. 2015 Apr
- Strawberry Phytochemicals Inhibit Azoxymethane/Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Crj: CD-1 Mice. Shi N, Clinton SK, Liu Z, Wang Y, Riedl KM, Schwartz SJ, Zhang X, Pan Z, Chen T. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 10
- Discrepancies in Composition and Biological Effects of Different Formulations of Chondroitin Sulfate. Martel-Pelletier J, Farran A, Montell E, Vergés J, Pelletier JP. Molecules. 2015 Mar 6
- Amino acid sequence surrounding the chondroitin sulfate attachment site of thrombomodulin regulates chondroitin polymerization. Izumikawa T, Kitagawa H. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Mar 12.
- High-Quality Draft Genome Sequence of Desulfovibrio carbinoliphilus FW-101-2B, an Organic Acid-Oxidizing Sulfate-Reducing Bacterium Isolated from Uranium(VI)-Contaminated Groundwater. Ramsay BD, Hwang C, Woo HL, Carroll SL, Lucas S, Han J, Lapidus AL, Cheng JF, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Peters L, Chertkov O, Held B, Detter JC, Han CS, Tapia R, Land ML, Hauser LJ, Kyrpides NC, Ivanova NN, Mikhailova N, Pagani I, Woyke T, Arkin AP, Dehal P, Chivian D, Criddle CS, Wu W, Chakraborty R, Hazen TC, Fields MW. Genome Announc. 2015 Mar 12
- Heparan sulfate 6-o-sulfotransferase 3 is involved in bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cell osteogenic differentiation. Zhao S, Deng C, Wang Z, Teng L, Chen J. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- The role of terahertz polariton absorption in the characterization of crystalline iron sulfate hydrates. Ruggiero MT, Bardon T, Strli M, Taday PF, Korter TM. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Heparan sulfate-dependent enhancement of henipavirus infection. Mathieu C, Dhondt KP, Châlons M, Mély S, Raoul H, Negre D, Cosset FL, Gerlier D, Vivès RR, Horvat B. MBio. 2015 Mar 10
- Synthesis of a chondroitin sulfate disaccharide library and a GAG-binding protein interaction analysis. Wakao M, Obata R, Miyachi K, Kaitsubata Y, Kondo T, Sakami C, Suda Y. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015 Feb 27.
- Stratification of Chondroitin Sulfate Binding Sites in 3D-Model of Bovine Testicular Hyaluronidase and Effective Size of Glycosaminoglycan Coat of the Modified Protein. Maksimenko AV, Turashev AD, Beabealashvili RS. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- Chondroitin sulfate-E mediates estrogen-induced osteoanabolism. Koike T, Mikami T, Shida M, Habuchi O, Kitagawa H. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 11
- Influence of COD/sulfate ratios on the integrated reactor system for simultaneous removal of carbon, sulfur and nitrogen. Yuan Y, Chen C, Zhao Y, Wang A, Sun D, Huang C, Liang B, Tan W, Xu X, Zhou X, Lee DJ, Ren N. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Polyphenol-rich sorghum brans alter colon microbiota and impact species diversity and species richness after multiple bouts of dextran sodium sulfate-induced colitis. Ritchie LE, Sturino JM, Carroll RJ, Rooney LW, Azcarate-Peril MA, Turner ND. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015 Jan 14.
- Anaerobic naphthalene degradation by sulfate-reducing Desulfobacteraceae from various anoxic aquifers. Kümmel S, Herbst FA, Bahr A, Duarte M, Pieper DH, Jehmlich N, Seifert J, von Bergen M, Bombach P, Richnow HH, Vogt C. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015 Mar
- Interaction of the amyloid precursor protein-like protein 1 (APLP1) E2 domain with heparan sulfate involves two distinct binding modes. Dahms SO, Mayer MC, Roeser D, Multhaup G, Than ME. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2015 Mar 1
- A combination of keratan sulfate digestion and rehabilitation promotes anatomical plasticity after rat spinal cord injury. Ishikawa Y, Imagama S, Ohgomori T, Ishiguro N, Kadomatsu K. Neurosci Lett. 2015 Mar 11.
- Influence of salt type and ionic strength on self-assembly of dextran sulfate-ciprofloxacin nanoplexes. Kutscher M, Cheow WS, Werner V, Lorenz U, Ohlsen K, Meinel L, Hadinoto K, Germershaus O. Int J Pharm. 2015 Mar 12.