|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Ytterbium Sulfate||YB-SAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|Yb2(SO4)||10034-98-7||24880776||1668323||MFCD00011289||236-727-7||Ytterbium(+3) cation trisulfate||N/A||[Yb+3].[O-]S([O-])(=O)=O||InChI=1S/H2O4S.Yb/c1-5(2,3)4;/h(H2,1,2,3,4);/q;+3/p-2||NRPGYUCPVOFUII-UHFFFAOYSA-L|
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|O12S3Yb2||634.26||White||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||269.890014648438 Da||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Ytterbium Sulfate is a moderately water and acid soluble Ytterbium source for uses compatible with sulfates.Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles (See also application discussion at Nanotechnology Information and at Quantum Dots) and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar energy materials and fuel cells. Ytterbium Sulfate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity, high purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Ytterbium Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Ytterbium (atomic symbol: Yb, atomic number: 70) is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 173.054. The number of electrons in each of Ytterbium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 32, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe]4f14 6s2. The Ytterbium atom has a radius of 176 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 242 pm. Ytterbium was discovered by Jean Charles Galissard de Marignac in 1878 and first isolated by Georges Urbain in 1907. In its elemental form, ytterbium has a silvery-white color. Ytterbium is found in monazite sand as well as the ores euxenite and xenotime. Ytterbium is named after Ytterby, a village in Sweden. Ytterbium can be used as a source for gamma rays, for the doping of stainless steel, or other active metals. Its electrical resistivity rises under stress, making it very useful for stress gauges that measure the deformation of the ground in the even of an earthquake. For more information on Ytterbium, including properties, satefy data, research, and American Elements' catalog of Ytterbium products, visit the Ytterbium Information Center.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne]3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777 when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|YTTERBIUM SULFATE SYNONYMS|
|ytterbium(+3) cation sulfate, Ytterbium(III) sulfate, Sulfuric acid, ytterbium(3+) salt (3:2)|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Ytterbium
- Ytterbium(III) Porpholactones: ß-Lactonization of Porphyrin Ligands Enhances Sensitization Efficiency of Lanthanide Near-Infrared Luminescence. Ke XS, Yang BY, Cheng X, Chan SL, Zhang JL. Chemistry. 2014 Mar.
- Ultra-wideband microwave photonic phase shifter with a 360° tunable phase shift based on an erbium-ytterbium co-doped linearly chirped FBG. Liu W, Yao J. Opt Lett. 2014.
- Reversible Switching of Coordination Mode of ansa bis(Amidinate) Ligand in Ytterbium Complexes Driven by Oxidation State of the Metal Atom. Tolpygin AO, Cherkasov AV, Fukin GK, Trifonov AA. Inorg Chem. 2014 Jan.
- Low noise single-frequency single-polarization ytterbium-doped phosphate fiber laser at 1083 nm. Xu S, Li C, Zhang W, Mo S, Yang C, Wei X, Feng Z, Qian Q, Shen S, Peng M, Zhang Q, Yang Z. Opt Lett.
- Highly Selective and Responsive Visible to Near-IR Ytterbium Emissive Probe for Monitoring Mercury(II). Zhang T, Chan CF, Lan R, Wong WK, Wong KL. Chemistry. 2014 Jan.
- Divalent Heteroleptic Ytterbium Complexes - Effective Catalysts for Intermolecular Styrene Hydrophosphination and Hydroamination. Basalov IV, Rosca SC, Lyubov DM, Selikhov AN, Fukin GK, Sarazin Y, Carpentier JF, Trifonov AA. Inorg Chem. 2014 Jan
- New [ONOO]-Type Amine Bis(phenolate) Ytterbium(II) and -(III) Complexes: Synthesis, Structure, and Catalysis for Highly Heteroselective Polymerization of rac-Lactide. Yang S, Nie K, Zhang Y, Xue M, Yao Y, Shen Q. Inorg Chem. 2013 Dec.
- Stable, continuous-wave, ytterbium-fiber-based single-pass ultraviolet source using BiB3O6.. - Kumar SC, Devi K, Ebrahim-Zadeh M. Opt Lett. 2013 Dec.
- 8-Quinolinolate complexes of yttrium and ytterbium: molecular arrangement and fragmentation under laser impact. Baranov EV, Fukin GK, Balashova TV, Pushkarev AP, Grishin ID, Bochkarev MN. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- 8-Quinolinolate complexes of yttrium and ytterbium: molecular arrangement and fragmentation under laser impact. Baranov EV, Fukin GK, Balashova TV, Pushkarev AP, Grishin ID, Bochkarev MN. Dalton Trans. 2013 Nov.
- The dawn of computer-assisted robotic osteotomy with ytterbium-doped fiber laser. Sotsuka Y, Nishimoto S, Tsumano T, Kawai K, Ishise H, Kakibuchi M, Shimokita R, Yamauchi T, Okihara SI. Lasers Med Sci. 2013 Nov.
- 8-Quinolinolate complexes of yttrium and ytterbium: molecular arrangement and fragmentation under laser impact.
- Arc fusion splicing effects in large-mode-area single-mode ytterbium-doped fibers. Feng T, Jenkins MH, Yan F, Gaylord TK. Appl Opt. 2013 Nov.
- Lifetime reduction due to photodarkening phenomenon in ytterbium-doped fibers and rate equation term. Piccoli R, Mechin D, Robin T, Taccheo S. Opt Lett. 2013 Nov 1
- Enantioselective synthesis of 3-hydroxy oxindoles by ytterbium-catalysed decarboxylative addition of ß-ketoacids to isatins. Duan Z, Han J, Qian P, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Pan Y. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 Oct.
- Knudsen effusion mass spectrometric determination of the complex vapor composition of samarium, europium, and ytterbium bromides. Sergeev DN, Butman MF, Motalov VB, Kudin LS, Krämer KW. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2013 Aug.
- Structure and NIR-luminescence of ytterbium(iii) beta-diketonate complexes with 5-nitro-1,10-phenanthroline ancillary ligand: assessment of chain length and fluorination impact. Martín-Ramos P, Pereira da Silva PS, Lavín V, Martín IR, Lahoz F, Chamorro-Posada P, Ramos Silva M, Martín-Gil J. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct.
- A series of tetrathiafulvalene-based lanthanide complexes displaying either single molecule magnet or luminescence-direct magnetic and photo-physical correlations in the ytterbium ogue. Pointillart F, Le Guennic B, Cauchy T, Golhen S, Cador O, Maury O, Ouahab L. Inorg Chem. 2013 May.
- Baranov EV, Fukin GK, Balashova TV, Pushkarev AP, Grishin ID, Bochkarev MN. Dalton Trans. 2013 Sep.
- Porphyrin-based ytterbium complexes targeting anionic phospholipid membranes as selective biomarkers for cancer cell imaging. Zhang T, Chan CF, Lan R, Li H, Mak NK, Wong WK, Wong KL. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Aug.
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- The influence of sodium salts (iodide, chloride and sulfate) on the formation efficiency of sulfamerazine nanocrystals. Lou H, Liu M, Qu W, Johnson J, Brunson E, Almoazen H. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Facile synthesis of calcium silicate hydrate using sodium dodecyl sulfate as a surfactant assisted by ultrasonic irradiation. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Mehrali M
- Mucoadhesive polyethylenimine-dextran sulfate nanoparticles containing Punica granatum peel extract as a novel sustained-release antimicrobial. Tiyaboonchai, I Rodleang… Pharmaceutical… 2014.
- Reinvestigation of growth of thiourea urea zinc sulfate crystal. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Effects of arsenate, chromate, and sulfate on arsenic and chromium uptake and translocation by arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. Environ Pollut. 2014 | first author:de Oliveira LM
- A biomimetic extracellular matrix for cartilage tissue engineering centered on photocurable gelatin, hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate. Acta Biomater. 2014 | first author:Levett PA
- The effects of fuel composition and ammonium sulfate addition on PCDD, PCDF, PCN and PCB concentrations during the combustion of biomass and paper production residuals. Chemosphere. 2014 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Lundin L
- Plant growth responses to inorganic environmental contaminants are density-dependent: Experiments with copper sulfate, barley and lettuce. Environ Pollut. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Hansi M
- Detection of Chondroitin Sulfate Proteoglycan 4 (CSPG4) in Melanoma. Methods Mol Biol. 2014 create date:2013/11/22 | first author:Wang Y
- Improving sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis detection of low-abundance protein samples by rapid freeze centrifugation. Anal Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Virgen-OrtÃz JJ
- Three complementary techniques for the clarification of temperature effect on low-density lipoprotein-chondroitin-6-sulfate interaction. Anal Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Cilpa-Karhu G
- Biological sulfate removal from gypsum contaminated construction and demolition debris. J Environ Manage. 2013 create date:2013/10/24 | first author:Kijjanapanich P
- Dietary red meat aggravates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice whereas resistant starch attenuates inflammation. Dig Dis Sci. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Le Leu RK
- Luminescence response of an osmium(II) complex to macromolecular polyanions for the detection of heparin and chondroitin sulfate in biomedical preparations. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 | first author:Wu H
- Novel family of insect salivary inhibitors blocks contact pathway activation by binding to polyphosphate, heparin, and dextran sulfate. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013 create date:2013/10/05 | first author:Alvarenga PH
- Effects of copper sulfate on growth and physiological responses of Limoniastrum monopetalum. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013 create date:2013/06/08 | first author:CambrollÃ© J
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate mediates activation of transcription factors CREB and ATF-1 via a GÎ±11-coupled receptor in the spermatogenic cell line GC-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Shihan M
- Effect of salt additives on protein partition in polyethylene glycol-sodium sulfate aqueous two-phase systems. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 create date:2013/08/08 | first author:Ferreira L
- A kinetic study on bacterial sulfate reduction. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng. 2013 create date:2013/05/03 | first author:Bernardez LA
- Perchlorate reduction from a highly contaminated groundwater in the presence of sulfate-reducing bacteria in a hydrogen-fed biofilm. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2013 | first author:Ontiveros-Valencia A