|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Yttrium Trifluoromethanesulfonate||Y-CFS-02||Request Quote|
|(2N5) 99.5% Yttrium Trifluoromethanesulfonate||Y-CFS-025||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Yttrium Trifluoromethanesulfonate||Y-CFS-03||Request Quote|
|(3N5) 99.95% Yttrium Trifluoromethanesulfonate||Y-CFS-035||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Yttrium Trifluoromethanesulfonate||Y-CFS-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Yttrium Trifluoromethanesulfonate||Y-CFS-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|(CF3SO3)3Y||52093-30-8||24866664||2733939||MFCD00209623||N/A||Trifluoromethansulfonate; yttrium(+3) cation||N/A||[Y+3].FC(F)(F)S([O-])(=O)=O.FC(F)(F)S([O-])(=O)=O.FC(F)(F)S([O-])(=O)=O||InChI=1S/3CHF3
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C3F9O9S3Y||536.11||White to off-white solid||g/cm3||N/A||535.761902 Da||N.A||Safety Data Sheet|
Yttrium Trifluoromethanesulfonate is one of numerous organo-metallic compounds (also known as metalorganic, organo-inorganic and metallo-organic compounds) sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Organo-Metallics™. Yttrium Trifluoromethanesulfonate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Additional technical, research and safety information is available.
Yttrium (atomic symbol: Y, atomic number: 39) is a Block D, Group 3, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 88.90585. The number of electrons in each of yttrium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 9, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d1 5s2. The yttrium atom has a radius of 180 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 219 pm. Yttrium was discovered by Johann Gadolin in 1794 and first isolated by Carl Gustav Mosander in 1840. In its elemental form, Yttrium has a silvery white metallic appearance. Yttrium has the highest thermodynamic affinity for oxygen of any element. Yttrium is not found in nature as a free element and is almost always found combined with the lanthanides in rare earth minerals. While not part of the rare earth series, it resembles the heavy rare earths which are sometimes referred to as the "yttrics" for this reason. Another unique characteristic derives from its ability to form crystals with useful properties. The name yttrium originated from a Swedish village near Vaxholm called Yttbery where it was discovered. For more information on yttrium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of yttrium products, visit the Yttrium element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|YTTRIUM TRIFLUOROMETHANESULFONATE SYNONYMS|
|Yttrium(III) trifluoromethanesulfonate, Yttrium tris(trifluoromethanesulfonate), Trifluoromethanesulfonic acid yttrium(III) salt, Trifluoromethansulfonate; yttrium(+3) cation, Yttrium triflate|
|CUSTOMERS FOR YTTRIUM TRIFLUOROMETHANESULFONATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Yttrium Foil||Yttrium Pellets||Yttrium Sputtering Target||Yttrium Oxide Pellets||Yttrium Acetate|
|Yttrium Metal||Yttrium Wire||Yttrium Chloride||Yttrium Aluminum Alloy||Yttrium Nitrate|
|Yttrium Nanoparticles||Yttrium Oxide||Yttrium Nickel Alloy||Yttrium Chloride||Yttrium Acetylacetonate|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Yttrium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Yttrium
- Tuning oxygen vacancy photoluminescence in monoclinic Y2WO6 by selectively occupying yttrium sites using lanthanum. Ding B, Han C, Zheng L, Zhang J, Wang R, Tang Z. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 30: Sci Rep
- [Action of yttrium on calcium-dependent processes in myocardium of vertebrates]. [No authors listed]. Zh Evol Biokhim Fiziol. 2014 May-Jun: Zh Evol Biokhim Fiziol
- Neodymium:Yttrium aluminum garnet laser in the management of oral leukoplakia: A case series. Das S, Mohammad S, Singh V, Gupta S. Contemp Clin Dent. 2015 Mar: Contemp Clin Dent
- Correction: quantitative and qualitative assessment of yttrium-90 PET/CT imaging. PLOS ONE Staff. PLoS One. 2015 Feb 26: PLoS One
- Treatment of melasma in men with low-fluence q-switched neodymium-doped yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser versus combined laser and glycolic Acid peeling. Vachiramon V, Sahawatwong S, Sirithanabadeekul P. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Apr: Dermatol Surg
- Direct observation of the dealloying process of a platinum-yttrium nanoparticle fuel cell cathode and its oxygenated species during the oxygen reduction reaction. Malacrida P, Sanchez Casalongue HG, Masini F, Kaya S, Hernández-Fernández P, Deiana D, Ogasawara H, Stephens IE, Nilsson A, Chorkendorff I. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 16.
- Treatment of Melasma in Men With Low-Fluence Q-Switched Neodymium-Doped Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet Laser Versus Combined Laser and Glycolic Acid Peeling. Vachiramon V, Sahawatwong S, Sirithanabadeekul P. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Mar 9.
- Study of Interaction of Laser with Tissue Using Monte Carlo Method for 1064nm Neodymium-Doped Yttrium Aluminium Garnet (Nd:YAG) Laser. Majdabadi A, Abazari M. J Lasers Med Sci. 2015 Winter
- Comparison of Micro-Leakage from Resin-Modified Glass Ionomer Restorations in Cavities Prepared by Er:YAG (Erbium-Doped Yttrium Aluminum Garnet) Laser and Conventional Method in Primary Teeth. Bahrololoomi Z, Razavi F, Soleymani AA. J Lasers Med Sci. 2014 Fall
- Yttrium Complexes of Arsine, Arsenide, and Arsinidene Ligands. Pugh T, Kerridge A, Layfield RA. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Feb 5.
Recent Research & Development for Sulfur
- Vertically Aligned Sulfur-Graphene Nanowalls on Substrates for Ultrafast Lithium-Sulfur Batteries. Li B, Li S, Liu J, Wang B, Yang S. Nano Lett. 2015 Apr 10. : Nano Lett
- Pigment production and isotopic fractionations in continuous culture: okenone producing purple sulfur bacteria Part II. Smith DA, Steele A, Fogel ML. Geobiology. 2015 May: Geobiology
- Highly Cyclable Lithium-Sulfur Batteries with a Dual-Type Sulfur Cathode and a Lithiated Si/SiOx Nanosphere Anode. Lee SK, Oh SM, Park E, Scrosati B, Hassoun J, Park MS, Kim YJ, Kim H, Belharouak I, Sun YK. Nano Lett. 2015 Apr 9. : Nano Lett
- High Sulfur Content Polymer Nanoparticles Obtained from Interfacial Polymerization of Sodium Polysulfide and 1,2,3-Trichloropropane in Water. Lim J, Jung U, Joe WT, Kim ET, Pyun J, Char K. Macromol Rapid Commun. 2015 Apr 7.: Macromol Rapid Commun
- Dominance of sulfur-fueled iron oxide reduction in low-sulfate freshwater sediments. Hansel CM, Lentini CJ, Tang Y, Johnston DT, Wankel SD, Jardine PM. ISME J. 2015 Apr 14.: ISME J
- 1-Heteroaryl-3-phenoxypropan-2-ones as inhibitors of cytosolic phospholipase A2α and fatty acid amide hydrolase: Effect of the replacement of the ether oxygen with sulfur and nitrogen moieties on enzyme inhibition and metabolic stability. Sundermann T, Fabian J, Hanekamp W, Lehr M. Bioorg Med Chem. 2015 Mar 21.: Bioorg Med Chem
- Interaction between Nitrogen and Sulfur in Co-Doped Graphene and Synergetic Effect in Supercapacitor. Wang T, Wang LX, Wu DL, Xia W, Jia DZ. Sci Rep. 2015 Apr 16: Sci Rep
- Protic-Salt-Derived Nitrogen/Sulfur-Codoped Mesoporous Carbon for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction and Supercapacitors. Zhang S, Ikoma A, Ueno K, Chen Z, Dokko K, Watanabe M. ChemSusChem. 2015 Apr 8.: ChemSusChem
- The uptake and excretion of partially oxidized sulfur expands the repertoire of energy resources metabolized by hydrothermal vent symbioses. Beinart RA, Gartman A, Sanders JG, Luther GW, Girguis PR. Proc Biol Sci. 2015 May 7: Proc Biol Sci
- Encapsulation of S/SWNT with PANI Web for Enhanced Rate and Cycle Performance in Lithium Sulfur Batteries. Kim JH, Fu K, Choi J, Kil K, Kim J, Han X, Hu L, Paik U. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 10