Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Nanopowder
Y2O3 • ZrO2
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Nanopowder||ZRO-Y08-01-NP||Request Quote|
Yttria stabilized Zirconia or Zirconium Oxide Nanopowder or Nanoparticles (YSZ), nanodots or nanocrystals are white high surface area particles available fully stabilized (8 mol%) or partially stabilized ( 3 mol%) or doped with yttria (yttrium oxide). Nanoscale Yttria stabilized Zirconia or Zirconium Oxide is typically 5 - 100 nanometers (nm) with specific surface area (SSA) in the 25 - 50 m 2 /g range. Nano Yttria stabilized Zirconia or Zirconium Oxide Particles are also available in Ultra high purity and high purity and coated and dispersed forms. They are also available as a nanofluid through the AE Nanofluid production group. Nanofluids are generally defined as suspended nanoparticles in solution either using surfactant or surface charge technology. Nanofluid dispersion and coating selection technical guidance is also available. Other nanostructures include nanorods, nanowhiskers, nanohorns, nanopyramids and other nanocomposites. Surface functionalized nanoparticles allow for the particles to be preferentially adsorbed at the surface interface using chemically bound polymers. Development research is underway in Nano Electronics and Photonics materials, such as MEMS and NEMS, Bio Nano Materials, such as Biomarkers, Bio Diagnostics & Bio Sensors, and Related Nano Materials, for use in Polymers, Textiles, Fuel Cell Layers, Composites and Solar Energy materials. Nanopowders are analyzed for chemical composition by ICP, particle size distribution (PSD) by laser diffraction, and for Specific Surface Area (SSA) by BET multi-point correlation techniques. Novel nanotechnology applications also include Quantum Dots. High surface areas can also be achieved using solutions and using thin film by sputtering targets and evaporation technology using pellets, rod and foil.. Applications for Yttria stabilized Zirconia or Zirconium Oxide nanocrystals include as in micro-ceramics, in solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) electrolyte microlayers or films, and in coatings, thermal coatings, plastics, nanowire, nanofiber and textiles and in certain advanced ceramic applications. Yttria stabilized Zirconia or Zirconium Oxide Nano Particles are generally immediately available in most volumes. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Yttrium (atomic symbol: Y, atomic number: 39) is a Block D, Group 3, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 88.90585. The number of electrons in each of yttrium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 9, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d1 5s2. The yttrium atom has a radius of 180 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 219 pm. Yttrium was discovered by Johann Gadolin in 1794 and first isolated by Carl Gustav Mosander in 1840. In its elemental form, Yttrium has a silvery white metallic appearance. Yttrium has the highest thermodynamic affinity for oxygen of any element. Yttrium is not found in nature as a free element and is almost always found combined with the lanthanides in rare earth minerals. While not part of the rare earth series, it resembles the heavy rare earths which are sometimes referred to as the "yttrics" for this reason. Another unique characteristic derives from its ability to form crystals with useful properties. The name yttrium originated from a Swedish village near Vaxholm called Yttbery where it was discovered. For more information on yttrium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of yttrium products, visit the Yttrium element page.
Zirconium (atomic symbol: Zr, atomic number: 40) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 91.224. The number of electrons in each of Zirconium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d2 5s2. The zirconium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Zirconium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1789 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1824. In its elemental form, zirconium has a silvery white appearance that is similar to titanium. Zirconium's principal mineral is zircon (zirconium silicate). Zirconium is commercially produced as a byproduct of titanium and tin mining and has many applications as a opacifier and a refractory material. It is not found in nature as a free element. The name of zirconium comes from the mineral zircon, the most important source of zirconium, and from the Persian wordzargun, meaning gold-like. For more information on zirconium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zirconium products, visit the Zirconium element page.
|CUSTOMERS FOR YTTRIA STABILIZED ZIRCONIA NANOPOWDER HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Yttrium Foil||Yttrium Pellets||Yttrium Sputtering Target||Yttrium Oxide Pellets||Yttrium Acetate|
|Yttrium Metal||Yttrium Wire||Yttrium Chloride||Yttrium Aluminum Alloy||Yttrium Nitrate|
|Yttrium Nanoparticles||Yttrium Oxide||Yttrium Nickel Alloy||Yttrium Chloride||Yttrium Acetylacetonate|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Yttrium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Yttrium
- New reversed phase-high performance liquid chromatographic method for selective separation of yttrium from all rare earth elements employing nitrilotriacetate complexes in anion exchange mode. Dybczy?ski RS, Kulisa K, Pyszynska M, Bojanowska-Czajka A. J Chromatogr A. 2015 Mar 20
- Radioembolization using yttrium-90 microspheres as bridging and downstaging treatment for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma before liver transplantation: initial single-center experience. Abdelfattah MR, Al-Sebayel M, Broering D, Alsuhaibani H. Transplant Proc. 2015 Mar
- Metallacyclic yttrium alkyl and hydrido complexes: synthesis, structures and catalytic activity in intermolecular olefin hydrophosphination and hydroamination. Kissel AA, Mahrova TV, Lyubov DM, Cherkasov AV, Fukin GK, Trifonov AA, Del Rosal I, Maron L. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 24.
- Direct observation of the dealloying process of a platinum-yttrium nanoparticle fuel cell cathode and its oxygenated species during the oxygen reduction reaction. Malacrida P, Sanchez Casalongue HG, Masini F, Kaya S, Hernández-Fernández P, Deiana D, Ogasawara H, Stephens IE, Nilsson A, Chorkendorff I. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 16.
- RETRACTED ARTICLE: A Case Series of Four Patients With Clinically Significant Radiomicrosphere Pneumonitis After Yttrium-90 Radioembolization from the Perspective of Lung Dosimetry. Kao YH, Magsombol BM, Takano A, Wijaya L, Tay KH, Chow PK, Goh AS, Ng DC. Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2015 Mar
- A prospective, randomized comparison of a 1940 nm and a 2013 nm thulium: yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser device for Thulium VapoEnucleation of the prostate (ThuVEP): First results. Tiburtius C, Gross AJ, Netsch C. Indian J Urol. 2015 Jan-Mar
- Consolidation of first remission using radioimmunotherapy with yttrium-90-ibritumomab-tiuxetan in adult patients with Burkitt lymphoma. Koechli V, Klaeser B, Banz Y, Mueller BU, Pabst T. Leuk Res. 2015 Mar
- Correction: Quantitative and Qualitative Assessment of Yttrium-90 PET/CT Imaging. The PLOS ONE Staff. PLoS One. 2015 Feb 26
- Oxidative methane activation over yttrium stabilised zirconia. Cooper CS, Oldman RJ, Catlow CR. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 27.
- Effects of erbium-and chromium-doped yttrium scandium gallium garnet and diode lasers on the surfaces of restorative dental materials: A scanning electron microscope study. Hatipoglu M, Barutcigil C. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 Mar-Apr
- Scandium and yttrium phosphasalen complexes as initiators for ring-opening polymerization of cyclic esters. Bakewell C, White AJ, Long NJ, Williams CK. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 2
- Intra-arterial Yttrium-90 Radioembolization Combined with Systemic Chemotherapy is a Promising Method for Downstaging Unresectable Huge Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma to Surgical Treatment. Rayar M, Sulpice L, Edeline J, Garin E, Levi Sandri GB, Meunier B, Boucher E, Boudjema K. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015 Jan 27.
- Yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan followed by rituximab maintenance as treatment for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma are not candidates for autologous stem cell transplant. Arnason JE, Luptakova K, Rosenblatt J, Tzachanis D, Avigan D, Zwicker JI, Levine J, Kim M, Parker JA, Grant B, Joyce RM. Acta Haematol. 2015
- Treatment of Melasma in Men With Low-Fluence Q-Switched Neodymium-Doped Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet Laser Versus Combined Laser and Glycolic Acid Peeling. Vachiramon V, Sahawatwong S, Sirithanabadeekul P. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Mar 9.
- A Roughness Study of Ytterbium-Doped Potassium Yttrium Tungstate (YB: KYW) Thin-Disk Femtosecond Ablated Dentin. Liu J, Chen H, Ge W, Wang Y, Sun Y, Wang Y, Lü P. J Lasers Med Sci. 2014 Winter
- Study of Interaction of Laser with Tissue Using Monte Carlo Method for 1064nm Neodymium-Doped Yttrium Aluminium Garnet (Nd:YAG) Laser. Majdabadi A, Abazari M. J Lasers Med Sci. 2015 Winter
- Comparison of Micro-Leakage from Resin-Modified Glass Ionomer Restorations in Cavities Prepared by Er:YAG (Erbium-Doped Yttrium Aluminum Garnet) Laser and Conventional Method in Primary Teeth. Bahrololoomi Z, Razavi F, Soleymani AA. J Lasers Med Sci. 2014 Fall
- Yttrium Complexes of Arsine, Arsenide, and Arsinidene Ligands. Pugh T, Kerridge A, Layfield RA. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Feb 5.
- Recurrent Hemarthroses After TKA Treated With an Intraarticular Injection of Yttrium-90. Fine S, Klestov A. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015 Feb 25.
- Syndioselective coordination polymerization of unmasked polar methoxystyrenes using a pyridenylmethylene fluorenyl yttrium precursor. Liu D, Wang R, Wang M, Wu C, Wang Z, Yao C, Liu B, Wan X, Cui D. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 3
Recent Research & Development for Zirconium
- Asymmetric hydroamination catalyzed by a new chiral zirconium system: reaction scope and mechanism. Zhou X, Wei B, Sun XL, Tang Y, Xie Z. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 27.
- New heterometallic zirconium metalloporphyrin frameworks and their heteroatom-activated high-surface-area carbon derivatives. Lin Q, Bu X, Kong A, Mao C, Zhao X, Bu F, Feng P. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Feb 18
- Effect of zirconium dioxide nanoparticles on glutathione peroxidase enzyme in PC12 and n2a cell lines. Asadpour E, Sadeghnia HR, Ghorbani A, Boroushaki MT. Iran J Pharm Res. 2014 Fall
- New activation cross section data on longer lived radio-nuclei produced in proton induced nuclear reaction on zirconium. Tárkányi F, Ditrói F, Takács S, Hermanne A, Al-Abyad M, Yamazaki H, Baba M, Mohammadi MA. Appl Radiat Isot. 2015 Mar
- Effective Ligand Functionalization of Zirconium-Based Metal-Organic Frameworks for the Adsorption and Separation of Benzene and Toluene: A Multiscale Computational Study. Wu Y, Chen H, Liu D, Xiao J, Qian Y, Xi H. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 9.
- Zirconium ions up-regulate the BMP/SMAD signaling pathway and promote the proliferation and differentiation of human osteoblasts. Chen Y, Roohani-Esfahani SI, Lu Z, Zreiqat H, Dunstan CR. PLoS One. 2015 Jan 20
- One-year follow-up of titanium/zirconium alloy X commercially pure titanium narrow-diameter implants placed in the molar region of the mandible: a randomized controlled trial. Tolentino L, Sukekava F, Garcez-Filho J, Tormena M, Lima LA, Araújo MG. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015 Feb 18.
- Numerical assessment of bone remodeling around conventionally and early loaded titanium and titanium-zirconium alloy dental implants. Akça K, Eser A, Çavu?o?lu Y, Sa??rkaya E, Çehreli MC. Med Biol Eng Comput. 2015 Mar 1.
- Preparation of octahydro- and tetrahydro-[1,10]phenanthroline zirconium and hafnium complexes for olefin polymerization. Hwang EY, Park GH, Lee CS, Kang YY, Lee J, Lee BY. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 10
- Strain-tunable one dimensional photonic crystals based on zirconium dioxide/slide-ring elastomer nanocomposites for mechanochromic sensing. Howell IR, Li C, Colella NS, Ito K, Watkins JJ. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 18
- Optimization of Intrabone Delivery of Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells in a Swine Model Using Cell Radiolabeling with zirconium. Pantin JM, Hoyt RF Jr, Aras O, Sato N, Chen MY, Hunt T, Clevenger R, Eclarinal P, Adler S, Choyke P, Childs RW. Am J Transplant. 2015 Mar
- Ultrahigh Surface Area Zirconium MOFs and Insights into the Applicability of the BET Theory. Wang TC, Bury W, Gómez-Gualdrón DA, Vermeulen NA, Mondloch JE, Deria P, Zhang K, Moghadam PZ, Sarjeant AA, Snurr RQ, Stoddart JF, Hupp JT, Farha OK. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 9.
- Cu-catalyzed asymmetric addition of sp(2)-hybridized zirconium nucleophiles to racemic allyl bromides. Sidera M, Fletcher SP. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10
- Ferrier rearrangement promoted by an electrochemically generated zirconium catalyst. Stevanovi? D, Pejovi? A, Damljanovi? I, Mini? A, Bogdanovi? GA, Vuki?evi? M, Radulovi? NS, Vuki?evi? RD. Carbohydr Res. 2015 Feb 14
- Controllable construction of Titanium dioxide-Zirconium dioxide@Zinc hydroxyfluoride networks in micro-capillaries for bio-analysis. Wang G, He Z, Shi G, Wang H, Zhang Q, Li Y. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 May 15
- Bonding performance of two newly developed self-adhering materials between zirconium and dentin. Cebe MA, Polat S, Cebe F, Tuncdemir MT, Isman E. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 Mar-Apr
- Well-defined single-site monohydride silica-supported zirconium from azazirconacyclopropane. Hamzaoui B, Eter ME, Abou-Hamad E, Chen Y, Pelletier JD, Basset JM. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 9
- Hydroxyaptite nanorods patterned ZrO2 bilayer coating on zirconium for the application of percutaneous implants. Zhang L, Han Y, Tan G. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015 Jan 17
- Zirconium phosphatidylcholine-based nanocapsules as an in vivo degradable drug delivery system of MAP30, a momordica anti-HIV protein. Caizhen G, Yan G, Ronron C, Lirong Y, Panpan C, Xuemei H, Yuanbiao Q, Qingshan L. Int J Pharm. 2015 Apr 10
- Novel one-pot synthesis of dicarboxylic acids mediated alginate-zirconium biopolymeric complex for defluoridation of water. Prabhu SM, Meenakshi S. Carbohydr Polym. 2015 Apr 20