Zinc Sulfide Windows
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Zinc Sulfide Windows||ZN-S-02-WIN|
|(3N) 99.9% Zinc Sulfide Windows||ZN-S-03-WIN|
|(4N) 99.99% Zinc Sulfide Windows||ZN-S-04-WIN|
|(5N) 99.999% Zinc Sulfide Windows||ZN-S-05-WIN|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|SZn||97.47||White hexagonal crystals||1,185° C
|N/A||4.1 g/cm3||N/A||95.9010009765625||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Zinc Sulfide is a chemically vapor deposited material which is commonly used in thermal imaging. Zinc Sulfide windows are typically used in precision optical systems where transmission is high with little distortion of the transmitted signal. Zinc Sulfide windows, lenses and prisms are typically available in size up to 0250x16mm. American Elements can produce materials to custom specifications by request, in addition to custom compositions for commercial and research applications and new proprietary technologies. Typical and custom packaging is available, as is additional research, technical and safety (MSDS) data. Please contact us for information on lead time and pricing above.
Zinc (atomic symbol: Zn, atomic number: 30) is a Block D, Group 12, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 65.38. The number of electrons in each of zinc's shells is 2, 8, 18, 2, and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2. The zinc atom has a radius of 134 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Zinc was discovered by Indian metallurgists prior to 1000 BC and first recognized as a unique element by Rasaratna Samuccaya in 800. Zinc was first isolated by Andreas Marggraf in 1746. In its elemental form, zinc has a silver-gray appearance. It is brittle at ordinary temperatures but malleable at 100 °C to 150 °C. It is a fair conductor of electricity, and burns in air at high red producing white clouds of the oxide. Zinc is mined from sulfidic ore deposits. It is the 24th most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common metal in use (after iron, aluminum, and copper). The name zinc originates from the German word "zin," meaning tin. For more information on zinc, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zinc products, visit the Zinc Information Center.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne]3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777 when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
|ZINC SULFIDE SYNONYMS|
|Sachtolith, Zinc monosulfide|
CUSTOMERS FOR ZINC SULFIDE WINDOWS HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Zinc Bars||Zn Cd Se||Zinc Foil||Tin Bismuth Zinc Alloy||Zinc Nanoparticles|
|Zinc Nitrate||Zinc Acetylacetonate||Zinc Oxide Sputtering Target||Zinc Powder||Zinc Acetate|
|Zinc Oxide||Zinc Metal||Zinc Pellets||Zinc Oxide Pellets||Zinc Chloride|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Zinc|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zinc
- Evidence and uptake routes for Zinc oxide nanoparticles through the gastrointestinal barrier in Xenopus laevis. Bacchetta R, Moschini E, Santo N, Fascio U, Del Giacco L, Freddi S, Camatini M, Mantecca P. Nanotoxicology. 2014 Nov.
- Cardiopulmonary toxicity of pulmonary exposure to occupationally relevant zinc oxide nanoparticles. Chuang HC, Juan HT, Chang CN, Yan YH, Yuan TH, Wang JS, Chen HC, Hwang YH, Lee CH, Cheng TJ. Nanotoxicology. 2014 Sep.
- Soil pH effects on the comparative toxicity of dissolved zinc, non-nano and nano ZnO to the earthworm Eisenia fetida. Heggelund LR, Diez-Ortiz M, Lofts S, Lahive E, Jurkschat K, Wojnarowicz J, Cedergreen N, Spurgeon D, Svendsen C. Nanotoxicology. 2014 Aug.
- Effect of zinc sulphate on gelling properties of phosphorylated protein isolate from yellow stripe trevally. Arfat YA, Benjakul S. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Arfat YA
- A highly sensitive and wide-ranged electrochemical zinc(II) aptasensor fabricated on core-shell SiO2-Pt@meso-SiO2. Li Z, Liu M, Fan L, Ke H, Luo C, Zhao G. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Self-assembly of manganese doped zinc sulfide quantum dots/CTAB nanohybrids for detection of rutin. Miao Y, Zhang Z, Gong Y, Zhang Q, Yan G. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- Copper, zinc superoxide dismutase and nitrate reductase coimmobilized bienzymatic biosensor for the simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate. Madasamy T, Pandiaraj M, Balamurugan M, Bhargava K, Sethy NK, Karunakaran C. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014.
- Whole-cell Escherichia coli-based bio-sensor assay for dual zinc oxide nanoparticle toxicity mechanisms. McQuillan JS, Shaw AM. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan 15
- Tailor-made mutations in Arabidopsis using zinc finger nucleases. Qi Y, Starker CG, Zhang F, Baltes NJ, Voytas DF. Methods Mol Biol. 2014 | first author:Qi Y
- The zinc finger transcription factor ZXDC activates CCL2 gene expression by opposing BCL6-mediated repression. Ramsey JE, Fontes JD. Mol Immunol. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 first author:Ramsey JE
- Photophysics of Soret-excited free base tetraphenylporphyrin and its zinc analog in solution. Ghosh M, Mora AK, Nath S, Chandra AK, Hajra A, Sinha S. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 | first author:Ghosh M
- Can zinc(II) ions be doped into the crystal structure of l-proline cadmium chloride monohydrate? Srinivasan BR. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Effect of phytate reduction of sorghum, through genetic modification, on iron and zinc availability as assessed by an in vitro dialysability bioaccessibility assay, Caco-2 cell uptake assay, and suckling rat pup absorption model. Kruger J, Taylor JR, Du X, De Moura FF, LÃnnerdal B, Oelofse A. Food Chem. 2013 | first author:Kruger J.
- Carbonaceous soil amendments to biofortify crop plants with zinc. Gartler J, Robinson B, Burton K, Clucas L. Sci Total Environ. 2013 | first author:Gartler J
- Facile one-pot synthesis of spherical zinc sulfide-carbon nanocomposite powders with superior electrochemical properties as anode materials for Li-ion batteries. Jang YS, Kang YC. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 | first author:Jang YS
- Synthesis of a novel water-soluble zinc phthalocyanine and its CT DNA-damaging studies. Wang T, Wang A, Zhou L, Lu S, Jiang W, Lin Y, Zhou J, Wei S. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Wang T
- Molecular structure, vibrational spectra, NLO and MEP analysis of bis[2-hydroxy-ÐºO-N-(2-pyridyl)-1-naphthaldiminato-ÐºN]zinc(II). Tanak H, Toy M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 | first author:Tanak H
- A DFT study of the regeneration process of zinc porphyrin analogues in dye-sensitized solar cells. Yang F, Zhang Z, He X. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/08/06 | first author:Yang F
- Zinc complexes supported by methyl salicylato ligands: synthesis, structure, and application in ring-opening polymerization of l-lactide. Petrus R, Sobota P. Dalton Trans. 2013 | first author:Petrus R
- Novel spot tests for detecting the presence of zinc sulfate in urine, a newly introduced urinary adulterant to invalidate drugs of abuse testing. Welsh KJ, Dierksen JE, Actor JK, Dasgupta A. Am J Clin Pathol. 2013 | first author:Welsh KJ
Recent Research & Development for Sulfides
- Hydrogen sulfide and cell signaling: Team player or referee? Hancock JT, Whiteman M. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2014.
- Reactive iron sulfide (FeS)-supported ultrafiltration for removal of mercury (Hg(II)) from water. Han DS, Orillano M, Khodary A, Duan Y, Batchelor B, Abdel-Wahab A. Water Res. 2014.
- Kinetic and stoichiometric characterization of anoxic sulfide oxidation by SO-NR mixed cultures from anoxic biotrickling filters. Mora M, Fernández M, Gómez JM, Cantero D, Lafuente J, Gamisans X, Gabriel D. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2014.
- Synthesis of nickel sulfide nanoparticles loaded on activated carbon as a novel adsorbent for the competitive removal of Methylene blue and Safranin-O. Ghaedi M, Pakniat M, Mahmoudi Z, Hajati S, Sahraei R, Daneshfar A. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Disturbance of endogenous hydrogen sulfide generation and endoplasmic reticulum stress in hippocampus are involved in homocysteine-induced defect in learning and memory of rats. Li MH, Tang JP, Zhang P, Li X, Wang CY, Wei HJ, Yang XF, Zou W, Tang XQ. Behav Brain Res. 2014
- Biochemical and behavioural responses of the marine polychaete Hediste diversicolor to cadmium sulfide quantum dots (CdS QDs): Waterborne and dietary exposure. Buffet PE, Poirier L, Zalouk-Vergnoux A, Lopes C, Amiard JC, Gaudin P, Risso-de Faverney C, Guibbolini M, Gilliland D, Perrein-Ettajani H, Valsami-Jones E, Mouneyrac C. Chemosphere. 2014
- GYY4137, a hydrogen sulfide (H2S) donor, shows potent anti-hepatocellular carcinoma activity through blocking the STAT3 pathway. Lu S, Gao Y, Huang X, Wang X. Int J Oncol. 2014
- Manipulating surface ligands of Copper Sulfide nanocrystals: Synthesis, characterization, and application to organic solar cells. Li J, Jiu T, Tao GH, Wang G, Sun C, Li P, Fang J, He L. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014
- Recolonization of macrozoobenthos on defaunated sediments in a hypertrophic brackish lagoon: Effects of sulfide removal and sediment grain size. Kanaya G. Mar Environ Res. 2014
- Experimental design based response surface methodology optimization of ultrasonic assisted adsorption of safaranin O by tin sulfide nanoparticle loaded on activated carbon. Roosta M, Ghaedi M, Daneshfar A, Sahraei R. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Metal sulfide-functionalized DNA concatamer for ultrasensitive electronic monitoring of ATP using a programmable capillary-based aptasensor. Liu B, Zhang B, Chen G, Yang H, Tang D. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Mar.
- Self-assembly of manganese doped zinc sulfide quantum dots/CTAB nanohybrids for detection of rutin. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 | first author:Miao Y
- Silver sulfide nanoparticles sensitized titanium dioxide nanotube arrays synthesized by in situ sulfurization for photocatalytic hydrogen production. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 | first author:Liu X
- A sensitive method for the sulfur isotope analysis of dimethyl sulfide and dimethylsulfoniopropionate in seawater. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2013 | first author:Said-Ahmad W
- Target-stimulated metallic HgS nanostructures on a DNA-based polyion complex membrane for highly efficient impedimetric detection of dissolved hydrogen sulfide. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 | first author:Zhuang J
- A fatal work-related poisoning by hydrogen sulfide: report on a case. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2013 create date:2013/11/08 | first author:Lancia M
- Highly enantioselective oxidation of phenyl methyl sulfide and its derivatives into optically pure (S)-sulfoxides with Rhodococcus sp. CCZU10-1 in an n-octane-water biphasic system. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013 create date:2013/10/05 | first author:He YC
- Biochemical properties of nematode O-acetylserine(thiol)lyase paralogs imply their distinct roles in hydrogen sulfide homeostasis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 | first author:Vozdek R
- Involvement of hydrogen sulfide and homocysteine transsulfuration pathway in the progression of kidney fibrosis after ureteral obstruction. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 | first author:Jung KJ
- High electrocatalytic activity of self-standing hollow NiCo2S4 single crystalline nanorod arrays towards sulfide redox shuttles in quantum dot-sensitized solar cells. Chem Commun (Camb). | first author:Xiao J