Zinc Copper Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Zn-95% Cu-05%||ZN-CU-01-P.05CU||Request Quote|
Zinc Copper is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Generally immediately available in most volumes, AE Alloys™ are available as bar, ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Zinc (atomic symbol: Zn, atomic number: 30) is a Block D, Group 12, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 65.38. The number of electrons in each of zinc's shells is 2, 8, 18, 2, and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2. The zinc atom has a radius of 134 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Zinc was discovered by Indian metallurgists prior to 1000 BC and first recognized as a unique element by Rasaratna Samuccaya in 800. Zinc was first isolated by Andreas Marggraf in 1746. In its elemental form, zinc has a silver-gray appearance. It is brittle at ordinary temperatures but malleable at 100 °C to 150 °C. It is a fair conductor of electricity, and burns in air at high red producing white clouds of the oxide. Zinc is mined from sulfidic ore deposits. It is the 24th most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common metal in use (after iron, aluminum, and copper). The name zinc originates from the German word "zin," meaning tin. For more information on zinc, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zinc products, visit the Zinc element page.
Copper (atomic symbol: Cu, atomic number: 29) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 63.546. The number of electrons in each of copper's shells is 2, 8, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s1. The copper atom has a radius of 128 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Copper was first discovered by Early Man prior to 9000 BC. In its elemental form, copper has a red-orange metallic luster appearance. Of all pure metals, only silver has a higher electrical conductivity.The origin of the word copper comes from the Latin word 'cuprium' which translates as "metal of Cyprus." Cyprus, a Mediterranean island, was known as an ancient source of mined copper. For more information on copper, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of copper products, visit the Copper element page.
|CUSTOMERS FOR ZINC COPPER ALLOY HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Zinc Bars||ZnCdSe||Zinc Foil||Tin Bismuth Zinc Alloy||Zinc Nanoparticles|
|Zinc Nitrate||Zinc Acetylacetonate||Zinc Oxide Sputtering Target||Zinc Powder||Zinc Acetate|
|Zinc Oxide Nanopowder||Zinc Metal||Zinc Pellets||Zinc Oxide Pellets||Zinc Chloride|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Zinc|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zinc
- Zinc. Huang L, Drake VJ, Ho E. Adv Nutr. 2015 Mar 13
- A zinc finger motif-containing protein is essential for chloroplast RNA editing. Sun T, Shi X, Friso G, Van Wijk K, Bentolila S, Hanson MR. PLoS Genet. 2015 Mar 13
- Correlation of Zinc with Oxidative Stress Biomarkers. Morales-Suárez-Varela M, Llopis-González A, González-Albert V, López-Izquierdo R, González-Manzano I, Cháves J, Huerta-Biosca V, Martin-Escudero JC. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015 Mar 12
- Comprehensive analysis of CCCH-type zinc finger family genes facilitates functional gene discovery and reflects recent allopolyploidization event in tetraploid switchgrass. Yuan S, Xu B, Zhang J, Xie Z, Cheng Q, Yang Z, Cai Q, Huang B. BMC Genomics. 2015 Feb 25
- Zinc promotes proliferation and activation of myogenic cells via the PI3K/Akt and ERK signaling cascade. Ohashi K, Nagata Y, Wada E, Zammit PS, Shiozuka M, Matsuda R. Exp Cell Res. 2015 Mar 12.
- Minocycline Rescues from Zinc-Induced Nigrostriatal Dopaminergic Neurodegeneration: Biochemical and Molecular Interventions. Kumar V, Singh BK, Chauhan AK, Singh D, Patel DK, Singh C. Mol Neurobiol. 2015 Mar 13.
- Genome editing in plants via designed zinc finger nucleases. Petolino JF. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Plant. 2015
- Zinc-Induced Effects on Osteoclastogenesis Involves Activation of Hyperpolarization-Activated Cyclic Nucleotide Modulated Channels Via Changes in Membrane Potential. Notomi T, Kuno M, Hiyama A, Ohura K, Noda M, Skerry TM. J Bone Miner Res. 2015 Mar 12.
- In vitro cytotoxicity of silver nanoparticles and zinc oxide nanoparticles to human epithelial colorectal adenocarcinoma (Caco-2) cells. Song Y, Guan R, Lyu F, Kang T, Wu Y, Chen X. Mutat Res. 2014 Nov
- Characterizing the inhibitory action of zinc oxide nanoparticles on allergic-type mast cell activation. Feltis BN, Elbaz A, Wright PF, Mackay GA, Turney TW, Lopata AL. Mol Immunol. 2015 Mar 12
- Targeting zinc homeostasis to combat Aspergillus fumigatus infections. Vicentefranqueira R, Amich J, Laskaris P, Ibrahim-Granet O, Latgé JP, Toledo H, Leal F, Calera JA. Front Microbiol. 2015 Feb 27
- Zinc deficiency mediates alcohol-induced apoptotic cell death in the liver of rats through activating ER and mitochondrial cell death pathways. Sun Q, Zhong W, Zhang W, Li Q, Sun X, Tan X, Sun X, Dong D, Zhou Z. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015 Mar 12:ajpgi.00442.2014.
- Room-temperature phosphorescence determination of melamine in dairy products using l-cysteine-capped Mn-doped zinc sulfide (ZnS) quantum dots. Demirhan BE, Demirhan B, Kara HE. J Dairy Sci. 2015 Mar 11.
- Nanostructures of an amphiphilic zinc phthalocyanine polymer conjugate for photodynamic therapy of psoriasis. Jin Y, Zhang X, Zhang B, Kang H, Du L, Li M. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015 Feb 25.
- Histidine promotes the loading of nickel and zinc, but not of cadmium, into the xylem in Noccaea caerulescens. Kozhevnikova AD, Seregin IV, Verweij R, Schat H. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Zinc solubility and fractionation in cultivated calcareous soils irrigated with wastewater. Nazif W, Marzouk ER, Perveen S, Crout NM, Young SD. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 12
- Zinc Prevents Sickness Behavior Induced by Lipopolysaccharides after a Stress Challenge in Rats. Kirsten TB, Galvão MC, Reis-Silva TM, Queiroz-Hazarbassanov N, Bernardi MM. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- The zinc coordination pattern in the η-carbonic anhydrase from Plasmodium falciparum is different from all other carbonic anhydrase genetic families. De Simone G, Di Fiore A, Capasso C, Supuran CT. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015 Feb 28.
- Common and metal-specific proteomic responses to cadmium and zinc in the metal tolerant ericoid mycorrhizal fungus Oidiodendron maius Zn. Chiapello M, Martino E, Perotto S. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 12.
- Sol-gel synthesis and in vitro bioactivity of copper and zinc-doped silicate bioactive glasses and glass-ceramics. Bejarano J, Caviedes P, Palza H. Biomed Mater. 2015 Mar 11
Recent Research & Development for Copper
- Disulfiram (DSF) acts as a copper ionophore to induce copper-dependent oxidative stress and mediate anti-tumor efficacy in inflammatory breast cancer. Allensworth JL, Evans MK, Bertucci F, Aldrich AJ, Festa RA, Finetti P, Ueno NT, Safi R, McDonnell DP, Thiele DJ, Van Laere S, Devi GR. Mol Oncol. 2015 Feb 21.
- Aerosol assisted CVD grown WO3 nanoneedles decorated with copper oxide nanoparticles for the selective and humidity resilient detection of H2S. Annanouch FE, Haddi Z, Vallejos S, Umek P, Guttmann P, Bittencourt C, Llobet E. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- Enhanced Photoelectrocatalytic Decomposition of Copper Cyanide Complexes and Simultaneous Recovery of Copper with Bi2MoO6 Electrode under Visible Light by EDTA/K4P2O7. Zhao X, Zhang J, Qiao M, Liu H, Qu J. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 13.
- Copper-mediated ortho C-H sulfonylation of benzoic acid derivatives with sodium sulfinates. Liu J, Yu L, Zhuang S, Gui Q, Chen X, Wang W, Tan Z. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 13.
- Comparative toxicity of copper nanoparticles across three Lemnaceae species. Song L, Vijver MG, Peijnenburg WJ. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 9
- Association of structural modifications with bioactivity in three new copper(II) complexes of Schiff base ligands derived from 5-chlorosalicylaldehyde and amino acids. Li A, Liu YH, Yuan LZ, Ma ZY, Zhao CL, Xie CZ, Bao WG, Xu JY. J Inorg Biochem. 2015 Mar 2
- Sequential recovery of copper and nickel from wastewater without net energy input. Cai WF, Fang XW, Xu MX, Liu XH, Wang YH. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Copper-Catalyzed Selective Arylations of Benzoxazoles with Aryl Iodides. Kim D, Yoo K, Kim SE, Cho HJ, Lee J, Kim Y, Kim M. J Org Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Copper(i)-catalyzed heteroannulation of fullerene with ketoxime acetates: preparation of novel 1-fulleropyrrolines. Jiang SP, Su YT, Liu KQ, Wu QH, Wang GW. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 13.
- Suppressing Bacterial Interaction with Copper Surfaces through Graphene and Hexagonal-Boron Nitride Coatings. Parra C, Montero-Silva F, Henriquez R, Flores M, Garin C, Ramirez C, Moreno M, Correa J, Seeger M, Häberle P. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- A dual radiolabelling approach for tracking metal complexes: investigating the speciation of copper bis(thiosemicarbazonates) in vitro and in vivo. Hueting R, Kersemans V, Tredwell M, Cornelissen B, Christlieb M, Gee AD, Passchier J, Smart SC, Gouverneur V, Muschel RJ, Dilworth JR. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 13.
- Effects of copper and lead exposure on the ecophysiology of the brown seaweed Sargassum cymosum. Costa GB, de Felix MR, Simioni C, Ramlov F, Oliveira ER, Pereira DT, Maraschin M, Chow F, Horta PA, Lalau CM, da Costa CH, Matias WG, Bouzon ZL, Schmidt ÉC. Protoplasma. 2015 Mar 15.
- Transcriptional and biochemical markers in transplanted Perca flavescens to characterize cadmium- and copper-induced oxidative stress in the field. Defo MA, Bernatchez L, Campbell PG, Couture P. Aquat Toxicol. 2015 Feb 21
- The size, but not the fluctuating asymmetry of the leaf, of silver birch changes under the gradient influence of emissions of the Karabash Copper Smelter Plant. Koroteeva EV, Veselkin DV, Kuyantseva NB, Chashchina OE. Dokl Biol Sci. 2015 Jan
- Adsorption of copper on tri-amino-functionalized mesoporous delta manganese dioxide from aqueous solution. Zhai Y, Xu X, Wang H, Shi X, Lei D. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- ZnII (atsm) is protective in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis model mice via a copper delivery mechanism. McAllum EJ, Roberts BR, Hickey JL, Dang TN, Grubman A, Donnelly PS, Liddell JR, White AR, Crouch PJ. Neurobiol Dis. 2015 Mar 10.
- A highly sensitive fluorescence probe for metallothioneins based on tiron-copper complex. Xiao X, Xue J, Liao L, Huang M, Zhou B, He B. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 18
- Comparison of the capacity of two biotic ligand models to predict chronic copper toxicity to two Daphnia magna clones and formulation of a generalized bioavailability model. Van Regenmortel T, Janssen CR, De Schamphelaere KA. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Redox-activity and self-organization of iron-porphyrin monolayers at a copper/electrolyte interface. Phan TH, Wandelt K. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14
- Copper-catalyzed aerobic oxidative cleavage of C-C bonds in epoxides leading to aryl nitriles and aryl aldehydes. Gu L, Jin C. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 16.