|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Zinc HydrOxide||ZN-OM-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Zinc Hydroxide||ZN-OM-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Zinc HydrOxide||ZN-OM-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Zinc HydrOxide||ZN-OM-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H2O2Zn||99.39||White to light gray powder to chunks||125° C (257° F)||N/A||3.05 g/cm³||N/A||97.934624||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Zinc Hydroxide is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity, high purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Zinc (atomic symbol: Zn, atomic number: 30) is a Block D, Group 12, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 65.38. The number of electrons in each of zinc's shells is 2, 8, 18, 2, and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2. The zinc atom has a radius of 134 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Zinc was discovered by Indian metallurgists prior to 1000 BC and first recognized as a unique element by Rasaratna Samuccaya in 800. Zinc was first isolated by Andreas Marggraf in 1746. In its elemental form, zinc has a silver-gray appearance. It is brittle at ordinary temperatures but malleable at 100 °C to 150 °C. It is a fair conductor of electricity, and burns in air at high red producing white clouds of the oxide. Zinc is mined from sulfidic ore deposits. It is the 24th most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common metal in use (after iron, aluminum, and copper). The name zinc originates from the German word "zin," meaning tin. For more information on zinc, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zinc products, visit the Zinc Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ZINC HYDROXIDE SYNONYMS|
|zincdihydroxide, Zinc dihydoxide, zinchydroxide(zn(oh)2), znmc hydroxide|
CUSTOMERS FOR ZINC HYDROXIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Zinc Bars||Zn Cd Se||Zinc Foil||Tin Bismuth Zinc Alloy||Zinc Nanoparticles|
|Zinc Nitrate||Zinc Acetylacetonate||Zinc Oxide Sputtering Target||Zinc Powder||Zinc Acetate|
|Zinc Oxide||Zinc Metal||Zinc Pellets||Zinc Oxide Pellets||Zinc Chloride|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Zinc|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zinc
- Evidence and uptake routes for Zinc oxide nanoparticles through the gastrointestinal barrier in Xenopus laevis. Bacchetta R, Moschini E, Santo N, Fascio U, Del Giacco L, Freddi S, Camatini M, Mantecca P. Nanotoxicology. 2014 Nov.
- Cardiopulmonary toxicity of pulmonary exposure to occupationally relevant zinc oxide nanoparticles. Chuang HC, Juan HT, Chang CN, Yan YH, Yuan TH, Wang JS, Chen HC, Hwang YH, Lee CH, Cheng TJ. Nanotoxicology. 2014 Sep.
- Soil pH effects on the comparative toxicity of dissolved zinc, non-nano and nano ZnO to the earthworm Eisenia fetida. Heggelund LR, Diez-Ortiz M, Lofts S, Lahive E, Jurkschat K, Wojnarowicz J, Cedergreen N, Spurgeon D, Svendsen C. Nanotoxicology. 2014 Aug.
- Effect of zinc sulphate on gelling properties of phosphorylated protein isolate from yellow stripe trevally. Arfat YA, Benjakul S. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Arfat YA
- A highly sensitive and wide-ranged electrochemical zinc(II) aptasensor fabricated on core-shell SiO2-Pt@meso-SiO2. Li Z, Liu M, Fan L, Ke H, Luo C, Zhao G. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Self-assembly of manganese doped zinc sulfide quantum dots/CTAB nanohybrids for detection of rutin. Miao Y, Zhang Z, Gong Y, Zhang Q, Yan G. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- Copper, zinc superoxide dismutase and nitrate reductase coimmobilized bienzymatic biosensor for the simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate. Madasamy T, Pandiaraj M, Balamurugan M, Bhargava K, Sethy NK, Karunakaran C. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- Whole-cell Escherichia coli-based bio-sensor assay for dual zinc oxide nanoparticle toxicity mechanisms. McQuillan JS, Shaw AM. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan 15
- Tailor-made mutations in Arabidopsis using zinc finger nucleases. Qi Y, Starker CG, Zhang F, Baltes NJ, Voytas DF. Methods Mol Biol. 2014 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Qi Y
- The zinc finger transcription factor ZXDC activates CCL2 gene expression by opposing BCL6-mediated repression. Ramsey JE, Fontes JD. Mol Immunol. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 first author:Ramsey JE
- Photophysics of Soret-excited free base tetraphenylporphyrin and its zinc analog in solution. Ghosh M, Mora AK, Nath S, Chandra AK, Hajra A, Sinha S. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/27 | first author:Ghosh M
- Can zinc(II) ions be doped into the crystal structure of l-proline cadmium chloride monohydrate? Srinivasan BR. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Effect of phytate reduction of sorghum, through genetic modification, on iron and zinc availability as assessed by an in vitro dialysability bioaccessibility assay, Caco-2 cell uptake assay, and suckling rat pup absorption model. Kruger J, Taylor JR, Du X, De Moura FF, LÃnnerdal B, Oelofse A. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/06/26 | first author:Kruger J.
- Carbonaceous soil amendments to biofortify crop plants with zinc. Gartler J, Robinson B, Burton K, Clucas L. Sci Total Environ. 2013 create date:2012/11/14 | first author:Gartler J
- Facile one-pot synthesis of spherical zinc sulfide-carbon nanocomposite powders with superior electrochemical properties as anode materials for Li-ion batteries. Jang YS, Kang YC. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Jang YS
- Synthesis of a novel water-soluble zinc phthalocyanine and its CT DNA-damaging studies. Wang T, Wang A, Zhou L, Lu S, Jiang W, Lin Y, Zhou J, Wei S. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Wang T
- Molecular structure, vibrational spectra, NLO and MEP analysis of bis[2-hydroxy-ÐºO-N-(2-pyridyl)-1-naphthaldiminato-ÐºN]zinc(II). Tanak H, Toy M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/07/09 | first author:Tanak H
- A DFT study of the regeneration process of zinc porphyrin analogues in dye-sensitized solar cells. Yang F, Zhang Z, He X. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/08/06 | first author:Yang F
- Zinc complexes supported by methyl salicylato ligands: synthesis, structure, and application in ring-opening polymerization of l-lactide. Petrus R, Sobota P. Dalton Trans. 2013 | first author:Petrus R
- Novel spot tests for detecting the presence of zinc sulfate in urine, a newly introduced urinary adulterant to invalidate drugs of abuse testing. Welsh KJ, Dierksen JE, Actor JK, Dasgupta A. Am J Clin Pathol. 2013 | first author:Welsh KJ
Recent Research & Development for Hydroxides
- Comparison of 10% potassium hydroxide solution versus cryotherapy in the treatment of molluscum contagiosum: An open randomized clinical trial. Handjani F, Behazin E, Sadati MS. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014 Jun.
- Step enzymatic hydrolysis of sodium hydroxide-pretreated chinese liquor distillers' grains for ethanol production. Liu YH, Wu ZY, Yang J, Yuan YJ, Zhang WX. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2014 Jul.
- Treatment of pediatric molluscum contagiosum with 10% potassium hydroxide solution. Can B, Topaloglu F, Kavala M, Turkoglu Z, Zindanci I, Sudogan S. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014 Jun.
- A role for calcium hydroxide and dolomite in water: Acceleration of the reaction under ultraviolet light. Nagase H, Tsujino H, Kurihara D, Saito H, Kawase M. Chemosphere. 2014.
- Nickel hydroxide nanoparticles-reduced graphene oxide nanosheets film: Layer-by-layer electrochemical preparation, characterization and rifampicin sensory application. Rastgar S, Shahrokhian S. Talanta. 2014 Feb.
- Vibrational spectroscopic study of the natural layered double hydroxide manasseite now defined as hydrotalcite-2H-Mg6Al2(OH)16[CO3]·4H2O. Frost RL, Scholz R, López A, Theiss FL. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- CO2 fixation employing an iridium(i)-hydroxide complex. Truscott BJ, Nelson DJ, Slawin AM, Nolan SP. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Jan.
- Accelerating the clearance of mutant huntingtin protein aggregates through autophagy induction by europium hydroxide nanorods. Biomaterials. 2014 create date:2013/10/31 | first author:Wei PF
- Vibrational spectroscopic study of the natural layered double hydroxide manasseite now defined as hydrotalcite-2H - Mg6Al2(OH)16[CO3]-4H2O. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Frost RL.
- Sonochemical synthesis and characterization of lead iodide hydroxide micro/nanostructures. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/06/12 | first author:Tavakoli F
- Platelet-like nickel hydroxide: Synthesis and the transferring to nickel oxide as a gas sensor. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/10/23 | first author:Zhu G
- Hydrothermal synthesis of inorganic-organic hybrid gadolinium hydroxide nanoclusters with controlled size and morphology. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Singh V
- On-column nitrosation of amines observed in liquid chromatography impurity separations employing ammonium hydroxide and acetonitrile as mobile phase. J Chromatogr A. 2013 create date:2013/11/05 | first author:Myers DP
- The long-term effect of calcium hydroxide application on dentin fracture strength of endodontically treated teeth. Dent Traumatol. 2013 create date:2013/02/28 | first author:Batur YB.
- Structural characterization of iron oxide/hydroxide nanoparticles in nine different parenteral drugs for the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia by electron diffraction (ED) and X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD). J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2013 create date:2013/09/04 | first author:FÃtterer S
- Mid- and near-infrared spectroscopic investigation of homogeneous cation distribution in MgxZnyAl(x+y)/2-layered double hydroxide (LDH). J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Zhang J
- Oxazoline and Imidazoline Functionalization of a C(60) Dimer via the Reaction of C(60)HBn and Aromatic Nitriles with a Bifunctional Hydroxide. J Org Chem. 2013 create date:2013/11/06 | first author:Li ZJ
- FAD C(4a)-hydroxide stabilized in a naturally fused styrene monooxygenase. FEBS Lett. 2013 create date:2013/10/26 | first author:Tischler D
- DNA-enhanced peroxidase-like activity of layered double hydroxide nanosheets and applications in H2O2 and glucose sensing. Nanoscale 2013. | first author:Chen L
- Simultaneous determinations of zirconium, hafnium, yttrium and lanthanides in seawater according to a co-precipitation technique onto iron-hydroxide. Talanta. 2013 | first author:Raso M