|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Zinc HydrOxide||ZN-OM-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Zinc Hydroxide||ZN-OM-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Zinc HydrOxide||ZN-OM-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Zinc HydrOxide||ZN-OM-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H2O2Zn||99.39||White to light gray powder to chunks||125° C (257° F)||N/A||3.05 g/cm³||N/A||97.934624||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Zinc Hydroxide is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity, high purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Zinc (atomic symbol: Zn, atomic number: 30) is a Block D, Group 12, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 65.38. The number of electrons in each of zinc's shells is 2, 8, 18, 2, and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2. The zinc atom has a radius of 134 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Zinc was discovered by Indian metallurgists prior to 1000 BC and first recognized as a unique element by Rasaratna Samuccaya in 800. Zinc was first isolated by Andreas Marggraf in 1746. In its elemental form, zinc has a silver-gray appearance. It is brittle at ordinary temperatures but malleable at 100 °C to 150 °C. It is a fair conductor of electricity, and burns in air at high red producing white clouds of the oxide. Zinc is mined from sulfidic ore deposits. It is the 24th most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common metal in use (after iron, aluminum, and copper). The name zinc originates from the German word "zin," meaning tin. For more information on zinc, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zinc products, visit the Zinc element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ZINC HYDROXIDE SYNONYMS|
|zincdihydroxide, Zinc dihydoxide, zinchydroxide(zn(oh)2), znmc hydroxide|
|CUSTOMERS FOR ZINC HYDROXIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Zinc Bars||ZnCdSe||Zinc Foil||Tin Bismuth Zinc Alloy||Zinc Nanoparticles|
|Zinc Nitrate||Zinc Acetylacetonate||Zinc Oxide Sputtering Target||Zinc Powder||Zinc Acetate|
|Zinc Oxide Nanopowder||Zinc Metal||Zinc Pellets||Zinc Oxide Pellets||Zinc Chloride|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Zinc|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zinc
- Zinc. Huang L, Drake VJ, Ho E. Adv Nutr. 2015 Mar 13
- A zinc finger motif-containing protein is essential for chloroplast RNA editing. Sun T, Shi X, Friso G, Van Wijk K, Bentolila S, Hanson MR. PLoS Genet. 2015 Mar 13
- Correlation of Zinc with Oxidative Stress Biomarkers. Morales-Suárez-Varela M, Llopis-González A, González-Albert V, López-Izquierdo R, González-Manzano I, Cháves J, Huerta-Biosca V, Martin-Escudero JC. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015 Mar 12
- Comprehensive analysis of CCCH-type zinc finger family genes facilitates functional gene discovery and reflects recent allopolyploidization event in tetraploid switchgrass. Yuan S, Xu B, Zhang J, Xie Z, Cheng Q, Yang Z, Cai Q, Huang B. BMC Genomics. 2015 Feb 25
- Zinc promotes proliferation and activation of myogenic cells via the PI3K/Akt and ERK signaling cascade. Ohashi K, Nagata Y, Wada E, Zammit PS, Shiozuka M, Matsuda R. Exp Cell Res. 2015 Mar 12.
- Minocycline Rescues from Zinc-Induced Nigrostriatal Dopaminergic Neurodegeneration: Biochemical and Molecular Interventions. Kumar V, Singh BK, Chauhan AK, Singh D, Patel DK, Singh C. Mol Neurobiol. 2015 Mar 13.
- Genome editing in plants via designed zinc finger nucleases. Petolino JF. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Plant. 2015
- Zinc-Induced Effects on Osteoclastogenesis Involves Activation of Hyperpolarization-Activated Cyclic Nucleotide Modulated Channels Via Changes in Membrane Potential. Notomi T, Kuno M, Hiyama A, Ohura K, Noda M, Skerry TM. J Bone Miner Res. 2015 Mar 12.
- In vitro cytotoxicity of silver nanoparticles and zinc oxide nanoparticles to human epithelial colorectal adenocarcinoma (Caco-2) cells. Song Y, Guan R, Lyu F, Kang T, Wu Y, Chen X. Mutat Res. 2014 Nov
- Characterizing the inhibitory action of zinc oxide nanoparticles on allergic-type mast cell activation. Feltis BN, Elbaz A, Wright PF, Mackay GA, Turney TW, Lopata AL. Mol Immunol. 2015 Mar 12
- Targeting zinc homeostasis to combat Aspergillus fumigatus infections. Vicentefranqueira R, Amich J, Laskaris P, Ibrahim-Granet O, Latgé JP, Toledo H, Leal F, Calera JA. Front Microbiol. 2015 Feb 27
- Zinc deficiency mediates alcohol-induced apoptotic cell death in the liver of rats through activating ER and mitochondrial cell death pathways. Sun Q, Zhong W, Zhang W, Li Q, Sun X, Tan X, Sun X, Dong D, Zhou Z. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015 Mar 12:ajpgi.00442.2014.
- Room-temperature phosphorescence determination of melamine in dairy products using l-cysteine-capped Mn-doped zinc sulfide (ZnS) quantum dots. Demirhan BE, Demirhan B, Kara HE. J Dairy Sci. 2015 Mar 11.
- Nanostructures of an amphiphilic zinc phthalocyanine polymer conjugate for photodynamic therapy of psoriasis. Jin Y, Zhang X, Zhang B, Kang H, Du L, Li M. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015 Feb 25.
- Histidine promotes the loading of nickel and zinc, but not of cadmium, into the xylem in Noccaea caerulescens. Kozhevnikova AD, Seregin IV, Verweij R, Schat H. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Zinc solubility and fractionation in cultivated calcareous soils irrigated with wastewater. Nazif W, Marzouk ER, Perveen S, Crout NM, Young SD. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 12
- Zinc Prevents Sickness Behavior Induced by Lipopolysaccharides after a Stress Challenge in Rats. Kirsten TB, Galvão MC, Reis-Silva TM, Queiroz-Hazarbassanov N, Bernardi MM. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- The zinc coordination pattern in the η-carbonic anhydrase from Plasmodium falciparum is different from all other carbonic anhydrase genetic families. De Simone G, Di Fiore A, Capasso C, Supuran CT. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015 Feb 28.
- Common and metal-specific proteomic responses to cadmium and zinc in the metal tolerant ericoid mycorrhizal fungus Oidiodendron maius Zn. Chiapello M, Martino E, Perotto S. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 12.
- Sol-gel synthesis and in vitro bioactivity of copper and zinc-doped silicate bioactive glasses and glass-ceramics. Bejarano J, Caviedes P, Palza H. Biomed Mater. 2015 Mar 11
Recent Research & Development for Hydroxide
- Hydrothermal carbonization (HTC) of wheat straw: Influence of feedwater pH prepared by acetic acid and potassium hydroxide. Reza MT, Rottler E, Herklotz L, Wirth B. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Apr
- Novel styrylbenzothiazolium dye-based sensor for mercury, cyanide and hydroxide ions. Gwon SY, Rao BA, Kim HS, Son YA, Kim SH. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 26
- Rapid screening of phytoremediation effluents by off-line tetramethylammonium hydroxide assisted thermochemolysis. Poerschmann J, Schultze-Nobre L. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 12
- Arsenic sorption onto titanium dioxide, granular ferric hydroxide and activated alumina: Batch and dynamic studies. Lescano MR, Passalía C, Zalazar CS, Brandi RJ. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2015 Mar 21
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- Oxidation of CO on a carbon-based material composed of nickel hydroxide and hydroxyl graphene oxide, (Ni4(OH)3-hGO) - a first-principles calculation. Yeh CH, Ho JJ. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 4
- Ni/Ti layered double hydroxide: synthesis, characterization and application as a photocatalyst for visible light degradation of aqueous methylene blue. Roy Chowdhury P, Bhattacharyya KG. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 12.
- Efficient Uranium Capture by Polysulfide/Layered Double Hydroxide Composites. Ma S, Huang L, Ma L, Shim Y, Islam SM, Wang P, Zhao LD, Wang S, Sun G, Yang X, Kanatzidis MG. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 10.
- Mechanisms of Reactions of Sulfur Hydride Hydroxide: Tautomerism, Condensations, and C-Sulfenylation and O-Sulfenylation of 2,4-Pentanedione. Freeman F. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 12.
- Unique Hydrogen-Bonded Complex of Hydronium and Hydroxide Ions. Stapf M, Seichter W, Mazik M. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.
- Ultrathin platinum nanowires grown on single-layered nickel hydroxide with high hydrogen evolution activity. Yin H, Zhao S, Zhao K, Muqsit A, Tang H, Chang L, Zhao H, Gao Y, Tang Z. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 2
- A titration model for evaluating calcium hydroxide removal techniques. Phillips M, McCLANAHAN S, Bowles W. J Appl Oral Sci. 2015 Jan-Feb
- Polypropylene/Layered Double Hydroxide (LDH) Nanocomposites: Influence of LDH Particle Size on the Crystallization Behavior of Polypropylene. Nagendra B, Mohan K, Bhoje Gowd E. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 5.
- Theoretical investigation on the mechanism and dynamics of oxo exchange of neptunyl(vi) hydroxide in aqueous solution. Yang X, Chai Z, Wang D. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 4
- Optimization of alkaline sulfite pretreatment and comparative study with sodium hydroxide pretreatment for improving enzymatic digestibility of corn stover. Liu H, Pang B, Wang H, Li H, Lu J, Niu M. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 15.
- Adsorption of Sb(III) and Sb(V) on Freshly Prepared Ferric Hydroxide (FeOxHy). He Z, Liu R, Liu H, Qu J. Environ Eng Sci. 2015 Feb 1
- The Metal-Organic Framework MIL-53(Al) Constructed from Multiple Metal Sources: Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, and Boehmite. Li Z, Wu YN, Li J, Zhang Y, Zou X, Li F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.
- Characterization of typical aquatic humic substances in areas of sugarcane cultivation in Brazil using tetramethylammonium hydroxide thermochemolysis. Tadini AM, Constantino IC, Nuzzo A, Spaccini R, Piccolo A, Moreira AB, Bisinoti MC. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 7
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Tuning Complex Transition Metal Hydroxide Nanostructures as Active Catalysts for Water Oxidation by a Laser-Chemical Route. Niu KY, Lin F, Jung S, Fang L, Nordlund D, McCrory CC, Weng TC, Ercius P, Doeff MM, Zheng H. Nano Lett. 2015 Mar 3.