High Purity Zn3P2
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|P2Zn3||258.12||Powder||N/A||N/A||253.734955||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Zinc Phosphide is a crystalline solid used as a semiconductor and in photo optic applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Zinc (atomic symbol: Zn, atomic number: 30) is a Block D, Group 12, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 65.38. The number of electrons in each of zinc's shells is 2, 8, 18, 2, and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2. The zinc atom has a radius of 134 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Zinc was discovered by Indian metallurgists prior to 1000 BC and first recognized as a unique element by Rasaratna Samuccaya in 800. Zinc was first isolated by Andreas Marggraf in 1746. In its elemental form, zinc has a silver-gray appearance. It is brittle at ordinary temperatures but malleable at 100 °C to 150 °C. It is a fair conductor of electricity, and burns in air at high red producing white clouds of the oxide. Zinc is mined from sulfidic ore deposits. It is the 24th most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common metal in use (after iron, aluminum, and copper). The name zinc originates from the German word "zin," meaning tin. For more information on zinc, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zinc products, visit the Zinc Information Center.
Phosphorus (atomic symbol: P, atomic number: 15) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 3 element. The number of electrons in each of Phosphorus's shells is 2, 8, 5 and its electronic configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p3. The phosphorus atom has a radius of 110.5.pm and its Van der Waals radius is 180.pm. Phosphorus is a highly-reactive non-metallic element (sometimes considered a metalloid) with two primary allotropes, white phosphorus and red phosphorus; its black flaky appearance is similar to graphitic carbon. Compound forms of phosphorus include phosphates and phosphides. Phosphorous was first recognized as an element by Hennig Brand in 1669; its name (phosphorus mirabilis, or "bearer of light") was inspired from the brilliant glow emitted by its distillation. For more information on phosphorus, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of phosphorus products, visit the Phosphorus Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1714 4.3/PG 1|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ZINC PHOSPHIDE SYNONYMS|
|trizinc phosphorus(-3), zinc bis(phosphanidylidenezinc)|
CUSTOMERS FOR ZINC PHOSPHIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Zinc Bars||Zn Cd Se||Zinc Foil||Tin Bismuth Zinc Alloy||Zinc Nanoparticles|
|Zinc Nitrate||Zinc Acetylacetonate||Zinc Oxide Sputtering Target||Zinc Powder||Zinc Acetate|
|Zinc Oxide||Zinc Metal||Zinc Pellets||Zinc Oxide Pellets||Zinc Chloride|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Zinc|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zinc
- A highly sensitive and wide-ranged electrochemical zinc(II) aptasensor fabricated on core-shell SiO2-Pt@meso-SiO2. Li Z, Liu M, Fan L, Ke H, Luo C, Zhao G. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- Self-assembly of manganese doped zinc sulfide quantum dots/CTAB nanohybrids for detection of rutin. Miao Y, Zhang Z, Gong Y, Zhang Q, Yan G. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- Copper, zinc superoxide dismutase and nitrate reductase coimmobilized bienzymatic biosensor for the simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate. Madasamy T, Pandiaraj M, Balamurugan M, Bhargava K, Sethy NK, Karunakaran C. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15
- Whole-cell Escherichia coli-based bio-sensor assay for dual zinc oxide nanoparticle toxicity mechanisms. McQuillan JS, Shaw AM. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan 15
- Tailor-made mutations in Arabidopsis using zinc finger nucleases. Qi Y, Starker CG, Zhang F, Baltes NJ, Voytas DF. Methods Mol Biol. 2014 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Qi Y
- The zinc finger transcription factor ZXDC activates CCL2 gene expression by opposing BCL6-mediated repression. Ramsey JE, Fontes JD. Mol Immunol. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 first author:Ramsey JE
- Effect of zinc sulphate on gelling properties of phosphorylated protein isolate from yellow stripe trevally. Arfat YA, Benjakul S. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Arfat YA
- Photophysics of Soret-excited free base tetraphenylporphyrin and its zinc analog in solution. Ghosh M, Mora AK, Nath S, Chandra AK, Hajra A, Sinha S. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/27 | first author:Ghosh M
- N,N-di(2-pyridylmethyl)amino-modified porphyrinato zinc complexes. The ON-OFF" fluorescence sensor for Fe(3+)." Chen Y, Jiang J. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/27 | first author:Chen Y
- Can zinc(II) ions be doped into the crystal structure of l-proline cadmium chloride monohydrate? Srinivasan BR. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Effect of phytate reduction of sorghum, through genetic modification, on iron and zinc availability as assessed by an in vitro dialysability bioaccessibility assay, Caco-2 cell uptake assay, and suckling rat pup absorption model. Kruger J, Taylor JR, Du X, De Moura FF, LÃnnerdal B, Oelofse A. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/06/26 | first author:Kruger J.
- Carbonaceous soil amendments to biofortify crop plants with zinc. Gartler J, Robinson B, Burton K, Clucas L. Sci Total Environ. 2013 create date:2012/11/14 | first author:Gartler J
- Synthesis of a novel water-soluble zinc phthalocyanine and its CT DNA-damaging studies. Wang T, Wang A, Zhou L, Lu S, Jiang W, Lin Y, Zhou J, Wei S. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Wang T
- Molecular structure, vibrational spectra, NLO and MEP analysis of bis[2-hydroxy-ÐºO-N-(2-pyridyl)-1-naphthaldiminato-ÐºN]zinc(II). Tanak H, Toy M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/07/09 | first author:Tanak H
- Facile one-pot synthesis of spherical zinc sulfide-carbon nanocomposite powders with superior electrochemical properties as anode materials for Li-ion batteries. Jang YS, Kang YC. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Jang YS
- A DFT study of the regeneration process of zinc porphyrin analogues in dye-sensitized solar cells. Yang F, Zhang Z, He X. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/08/06 | first author:Yang F
- Zinc complexes supported by methyl salicylato ligands: synthesis, structure, and application in ring-opening polymerization of l-lactide. Petrus R, Sobota P. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/07/03 | first author:Petrus R
- Novel spot tests for detecting the presence of zinc sulfate in urine, a newly introduced urinary adulterant to invalidate drugs of abuse testing. Welsh KJ, Dierksen JE, Actor JK, Dasgupta A. Am J Clin Pathol. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Welsh KJ
- Affinity binding via Zinc(II) for controlled orientation and electrochemistry of Histidine-tagged nitrate reductase in self-assembled monolayers. Campbell WH, Henig J, PlumerÃ© N. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013 create date:2012/08/17 | first author:Campbell WH
- Erratum to: The Relationship Between Maternal Serum Iron and Zinc Levels and Their Nutritional Intakes in Early Pregnancy with Gestational Diabetes. Behboudi-Gandevani S, Safary K, Moghaddam-Banaem L, Lamyian M, Goshtasebi A, Alian-Moghaddam N. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/27 | first author:Behboudi-Gandevani S
Recent Research & Development for Phosphides
- From a Zwitterionic Phosphasilene to Base Stabilized Silyliumylidene-Phosphide and Bis(silylene) Complexes. Breit NC, Szilvási T, Suzuki T, Gallego D, Inoue S. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Nov 13.
- Aluminium phosphide-induced leukopenia. Ntelios D, Mandros C, Potolidis E, Fanourgiakis P. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Oct 30.
- From a Zwitterionic Phosphasilene to Base Stabilized Silyliumylidene-Phosphide and Bis(silylene) Complexes. Breit NC, Szilvási T, Suzuki T, Gallego D, Inoue S. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Oct 30.
- Pulse-reverse electrodeposition of transparent nickel phosphide film with porous nanospheres as a cost-effective counter electrode for dye-sensitized solar cells. Wu MS, Wu JF. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Oct 29
- Gas phase catalytic hydrodechlorination of chlorobenzene over cobalt phosphide catalysts with different P contents. J Hazard Mater. 2013 create date:2013/06/12 | first author:Cecilia JA
- Is the Use of Cardioactive Steroids Appropriate in Managing Aluminium Phosphide Poisoning-Induced Heart Failure? Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2013 create date:2013/10/03 | first author:Marashi SM
- A Common Misconception in the Management of Aluminium Phosphide Poisoning. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2013 create date:2013/10/03 | first author:Marashi SM.
- Use of continuous renal replacement therapy in acute aluminum phosphide poisoning: a novel therapy. Ren Fail. 2013 create date:2013/07/20 | first author:Nasa P
- Solution-Processed Zinc Phosphide (Î±-Zn(3)P(2)) Colloidal Semiconducting Nanocrystals for Thin Film Photovoltaic Applications. ACS Nano. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Luber EJ
- Mitochondrial electron transport chain complexes, catalase and markers of oxidative stress in platelets of patients with severe aluminum phosphide poisoning. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2013 create date:2013/07/04 | first author:Anand R
- Structural transitions at the nanoscale: the example of palladium phosphides synthesized from white phosphorus. Carenco S, Hu Y, Florea I, Ersen O, Boissière C, Sanchez C, Mézailles N. Dalton Trans. 2013 Aug 13
- Ingestion of gallium phosphide" nanowires has no adverse effect on Drosophila tissue function. Adolfsson K, Schneider M, Hammarin G, Häcker U, Prinz CN. Nanotechnology. 2013 Jul 19.
- Solution-Processed Zinc Phosphide (α-Zn3P2) Colloidal Semiconducting Nanocrystals for Thin Film Photovoltaic Applications. Luber EJ, Mobarok MH, Buriak JM. ACS Nano. 2013 Aug 19. Use of continuous renal replacement therapy in acute aluminum phosphide poisoning: a novel therapy. Nasa P, Gupta A, Mangal K, Nagrani SK, Raina S, Yadav R. Ren Fail. 2013 Jul 19.
- Semiconducting and plasmonic copper phosphide platelets. Manna G, Bose R, Pradhan N. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 Jun 24.
- Nanoscaled Metal Borides and Phosphides: Recent Developments and Perspectives. Carenco S, Portehault D, Boissière C, Mézailles N, Sanchez C. Chem Rev. 2013 Jun 17.
- [Survival after oral poisoning with insecticide against moles containing aluminium phosphide.] Eggertsen PM, Kristensen AK, Bredahl C. Ugeskr Laeger. 2013 Jun 10.
- Nanostructured Nickel Phosphide as an Electrocatalyst for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction. Popczun EJ, McKone JR, Read CG, Biacchi AJ, Wiltrout AM, Lewis NS, Schaak RE. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Jun 13.
- Gas phase catalytic hydrodechlorination of chlorobenzene over cobalt phosphide catalysts with different P contents. Cecilia JA, Infantes-Molina A, Rodríguez-Castellón E, Jiménez-López A. J Hazard Mater. 2013 May 15.
- [Suicide attempt with aluminum phosphide poisoning]. Reyna-Medina M, Vázquez-de Anda GF, García-Monroy J, Valdespino-Salinas EA, Vicente-Cruz DC. Rev Med Inst Mex Seguro Soc. 2013 Mar-Apr.
- Structural transitions at the nanoscale: the example of palladium phosphides synthesized from white phosphorus. Carenco S, Hu Y, Florea I, Ersen O, Boissière C, Sanchez C, Mézailles N. Dalton Trans. 2013 May 15.