|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Zirconium Chloride||ZR-CL-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Zirconium Chloride||ZR-CL-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Zirconium Chloride||ZR-CL-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Zirconium Chloride||ZR-CL-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Cl4Zr||233.04||white crystals|| 437° C
| 331° C
|2.8 g/cm3||229.780 g/mol||229.780106 Da||-1||Safety Data Sheet|
Zirconium Chloride is an excellent water soluble crystalline Zirconium source for uses compatible with chlorides. Chloride compounds can conduct electricity when fused or dissolved in water. Chloride materials can be decomposed by electrolysis to chlorine gas and the metal. They are formed through various chlorination processes whereby at least one chlorine anion (Cl-) is covalently bonded to the relevant metal or cation. Ultra high purity and proprietary formulations can be prepared. The chloride ion controls fluid equilibrium and pH levels in metabolic systems. They can form either inorganic or organic compounds. Zirconium Chloride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Zirconium Chloride Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Zirconium (atomic symbol: Zr, atomic number: 40) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 91.224. The number of electrons in each of Zirconium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d2 5s2. The zirconium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Zirconium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1789 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1824. In its elemental form, zirconium has a silvery white appearance that is similar to titanium. Zirconium's principal mineral is zircon (zirconium silicate). Zirconium is commercially produced as a by-product of titanium and tin mining and has many applications as a opacifier and a refractory material. It is not found in nature as a free element. The name of zirconium comes from the mineral zircon, the most important source of zirconium, and from the Persian word 'zargun' meaning gold-like. For more information on zirconium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zirconium products, visit the Zirconium Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 2503 8/PG 3
ZIRCONIUM CHLORIDE SYNONYMS
Zirconium(4+) tetrachloride, Zirconium tetrachloride, Tetrachlorozirconium, Tetrachlorozirconium, Zirconium(IV) chloride
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zirconium
- Functionalized PLGA-doped zirconium oxide ceramics for bone tissue regeneration. Lupu-Haber Y, Pinkas O, Boehm S, Scheper T, Kasper C, Machluf M. Biomed Microdevices. 2013 Dec
- Cell biological responses of osteoblasts on anodized nanotubular surface of a titanium-zirconium alloy. Sista S, Nouri A, Li Y, Wen C, Hodgson PD, Pande G. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013 Dec
- Simultaneous determinations of zirconium, hafnium, yttrium and lanthanides in seawater according to a co-precipitation technique onto iron-hydroxide. Raso M, Censi P, Saiano F. Talanta. 2013 Nov 15.
- Titanium-zirconium narrow-diameter versus titanium regular-diameter implants for anterior and premolar single crowns: 1-year results of a randomized controlled clinical study. Benic GI, Gallucci GO, Mokti M, Hämmerle CH, Weber HP, Jung RE. J Clin Periodontol. 2013 Nov
- Encapsulation of ammonium molybdophosphate and zirconium phosphate in alginate matrix for the sorption of rubidium(I). Krys P, Testa F, Trochimczuk A, Pin C, Taulemesse JM, Vincent T, Guibal E. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Krys P.
- Multifunctional NH2-mediated zirconium metal-organic framework as an efficient visible-light-driven photocatalyst for selective oxidation of alcohols and reduction of aqueous Cr(vi). Shen L, Liang S, Wu W, Liang R, Wu L. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/08/02 | first author:Shen L.
- Effective dose to staff members in a positron emission tomography/CT facility using zirconium-89. Alzimami KS, Ma AK. Br J Radiol. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Alzimami KS
- Solid-phase extraction of galloyl- and caffeoylquinic acids from natural sources (Galphimia glauca and Arnicae flos) using pure zirconium silicate and bismuth citrate powders as sorbents inside micro spin columns. Hussain S, SchÃ¶nbichler SA, GÃ¼zel Y, Sonderegger H, Abel G, Rainer M, Huck CW, Bonn GK. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2013 create date:2013/07/09 | first author:Hussain S
- AIE cation functionalized layered zirconium phosphate nanoplatelets: ion-exchange intercalation and cell imaging. Li D, Miao C, Wang X, Yu X, Yu J, Xu R. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/09/12 | first author:Li D
- Strong adsorption of phosphate by amorphous zirconium oxide nanoparticles. Su Y, Cui H, Li Q, Gao S, Shang JK. Water Res. 2013 create date:2013/07/16 | first author:Su Y
- Zirconium complexes supported by an N-perfluoro-arylated diamidopyridyl ligand: synthesis of hydrazinediido complexes. Scholl SA, Plundrich GT, Wadepohl H, Gade LH. Inorg Chem. 2013 create date:2013/08/15 | first author:Scholl SA
- Solid-phase extraction method for the isolation of plant thionins from European mistletoe, wheat and barley using zirconium silicate embedded in poly(styrene-co-divinylbenzene) hollow-monoliths. Hussain S, GÃ¼zel Y, SchÃ¶nbichler SA, Rainer M, Huck CW, Bonn GK. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2013 create date:2013/07/19 | first author:Hussain S
- In vitro precision of fit of computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing titanium and zirconium dioxide bars. Katsoulis J, Mericske-Stern R, Yates DM, Izutani N, Enkling N, Blatz MB. Dent Mater. 2013 create date:2013/07/31 | first author:Katsoulis J
- Rationally designed porous polystyrene encapsulated zirconium phosphate nanocomposite for highly efficient fluoride uptake in waters. Zhang Q, Du Q, Jiao T, Zhang Z, Wang S, Sun Q, Gao F. Sci Rep. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Zhang Q
- Hydrothermal Synthesis of Copper Zirconium Phosphate Hydrate [Cu(OH)2Zr(HPO4)2Â·2H2O] and an Investigation of its Lubrication Properties in Grease. Zhang X, Xu H, Zuo Z, Lin Z, Ferdov S, Dong J. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 create date:2013/07/31 | first author:Zhang X
- Boron-doped peroxo-zirconium oxide dielectric for high-performance, low-temperature, solution-processed indium oxide thin-film transistor. Park JH, Yoo YB, Lee KH, Jang WS, Oh JY, Chae SS, Lee HW, Han SW, Baik HK. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 create date:2013/07/26 | first author:Park JH
- Skin discolouration with acute onset parkinsonism secondary to systemic zirconium intoxication. Ryu HJ, Yoon SJ, Park JT, Kim YH, Jung JM, Park MH, Rhyu IJ, Kwon DY. Ann Clin Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/08/22 | first author:Ryu HJ
- Titanium-zirconium narrow-diameter versus titanium regular-diameter implants for anterior and premolar single crowns: 1-year results of a randomized controlled clinical study. Benic GI, Gallucci GO, Mokti M, HÃ¤mmerle CH, Weber HP, Jung RE. J Clin Periodontol. 2013 create date:2013/09/11 | first author:Benic GI
- Differential response of human gingival fibroblasts to titanium- and titanium-zirconium-modified surfaces. GÃ³mez-Florit M, Ramis JM, Xing R, Taxt-Lamolle S, Haugen HJ, Lyngstadaas SP, Monjo M. J Periodontal Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/08 | first author:GÃ³mez-Florit M
- Retention of implant-supported zirconium oxide ceramic restorations using different luting agents. Nejatidanesh F, Savabi O, Shahtoosi M. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2013 create date:2011/11/19 | first author:Nejatidanesh F
Recent Research & Development for Chlorides
- Water-solid interactions between amorphous maltodextrins and crystalline sodium chloride. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/10/09 | first author:Ghorab MK.
- Influence of mixing and ultrasound frequency on antisolvent crystallisation of sodium chloride. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Lee J.
- Can zinc(II) ions be doped into the crystal structure of l-proline cadmium chloride monohydrate? Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Cetylpyridinium chloride suppresses gene expression associated with halitosis. Arch Oral Biol. 2013 create date:2013/10/12 | first author:Liu J
- Hepatoprotective Effect of Manganese Chloride Against CCl4-Induced Liver Injury in Rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Eidi A
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Wu B
- The effect of ambroxol on chloride transport, CFTR and ENaC in cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cells. Cell Biol Int. 2013 create date:2013/06/15 | first author:Varelogianni G
- Copper(ii) chloride mediated (aza)oxindole synthesis by oxidative coupling of Csp(2)-H and Csp(3)-H centers: substrate scope and DFT study. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Dey C
- Electrochemistry and Spectroelectrochemistry of Europium(III) Chloride in 3LiCl-2KCl from 643 to 1123 K. Anal Chem. 2013 create date:2013/09/11 | first author:Schroll CA
- Analysis of xyloglucans by ambient chloride attachment ionization tandem mass spectrometry. Vinueza NR, Gallardo VA, Klimek JF, Carpita NC, Kenttämaa HI. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15.
- In vivo biodistribution and synergistic toxicity of silica nanoparticles and cadmium chloride in mice. Guo M, Xu X, Yan X, Wang S, Gao S, Zhu S. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep 15.
- Cholic acid modified N-(2-hydroxy)-propyl-3-trimethylammonium chitosan chloride for superoxide dismutase delivery. Cheng Y, Cai H, Yin B, Yao P. Int J Pharm. 2013 Sep 15
- Convenient syntheses of cyanuric chloride-derived NHC ligands, their Ag(i) and Au(i) complexes and antimicrobial activity. Almalioti F, Macdougall J, Hughes S, Hasson MM, Jenkins RL, Ward BD, Tizzard GJ, Coles SJ, Williams DW, Bamford S, Fallis IA, Dervisi A. Dalton Trans. 2013 Sep 14
- Synthesis, in vitro and in vivo evaluation of new norcantharidin-conjugated hydroxypropyltrimethyl ammonium chloride chitosan derivatives as polymer therapeutics. Xu X, Li Y, Wang F, Lv L, Liu J, Li M, Guo A, Jiang J, Shen Y, Guo S. Int J Pharm. 2013 Sep 10
- Lipid-based intravesical drug delivery systems with controlled release of trospium chloride for the urinary bladder. Haupt M, Thommes M, Heidenreich A, Breitkreutz J. J Control Release. 2013 Sep 10
- Dextran sodium sulfate inhibits the activities of both polymerase and reverse transcriptase: lithium chloride purification, a rapid and efficient technique to purify RNA. Viennois E, Chen F, Laroui H, Baker MT, Merlin D. BMC Res Notes. 2013 Sep 8
- Zingerone Protects Against Stannous Chloride-Induced and Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced Oxidative DNA Damage In Vitro. Rajan I, Narayanan N, Rabindran R, Jayasree PR, Manish Kumar PR. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 Sep 5.
- A novel topical formulation containing strontium chloride significantly reduces the intensity and duration of cowhage-induced itch. Papoiu AD, Valdes-Rodriguez R, Nattkemper LA, Chan YH, Hahn GS, Yosipovitch G. Acta Derm Venereol. 2013 Sep 4
- Long-term exposure to benzalkonium chloride disinfectants results in change of microbial community structure and increased antimicrobial resistance. Tandukar M, Oh S, Tezel U, Konstantinidis KT, Pavlostathis SG. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Sep 3
- Assessment of nickel titanium and beta titanium corrosion resistance behavior in fluoride and chloride environments. Kassab EJ, Gomes JP. Angle Orthod. 2013 Sep 8