|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Zirconium(IV) Chloride||ZR4-CL-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Zirconium(IV) Chloride||ZR4-CL-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Zirconium(IV) Chloride||ZR4-CL-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Zirconium(IV) Chloride||ZR4-CL-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Cl4Zr||233.04||white crystals|| 437° C
| 331° C
|2.8 g/cm3||231.777165||229.780106||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Zirconium(IV) Chloride (Zirconium Tetrachloride) is an excellent water soluble crystalline Zirconium source for uses compatible with chlorides. Chloride compounds can conduct electricity when fused or dissolved in water. Chloride materials can be decomposed by electrolysis to chlorine gas and the metal. They are formed through various chlorination processes whereby at least one chlorine anion (Cl-) is covalently bonded to the relevant metal or cation. Ultra high purity and proprietary formulations can be prepared. The chloride ion controls fluid equilibrium and pH levels in metabolic systems. They can form either inorganic or organic compounds. Zirconium Chloride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Zirconium Chloride Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available, as is additional research, technical and safety (MSDS) data. Please contact us above for information on specifications, lead time and pricing.
Zirconium (atomic symbol: Zr, atomic number: 40) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 91.224. The number of electrons in each of Zirconium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d2 5s2. The zirconium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Zirconium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1789 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1824. In its elemental form, zirconium has a silvery white appearance that is similar to titanium. Zirconium's principal mineral is zircon (zirconium silicate). Zirconium is commercially produced as a byproduct of titanium and tin mining and has many applications as a opacifier and a refractory material. It is not found in nature as a free element. The name of zirconium comes from the mineral zircon, the most important source of zirconium, and from the Persian wordzargun, meaning gold-like. For more information on zirconium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zirconium products, visit the Zirconium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 2503 8/PG 3
ZIRCONIUM(IV) CHLORIDE SYNONYMS
|Zirconium(4+) chloride; Zirconium tetrachloride; Zirconium(4+) tetrachloride; Tetrachlorozirconium; Zirconium chloride, tetra-|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zirconium
- Asymmetric hydroamination catalyzed by a new chiral zirconium system: reaction scope and mechanism. Zhou X, Wei B, Sun XL, Tang Y, Xie Z. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 27.
- New heterometallic zirconium metalloporphyrin frameworks and their heteroatom-activated high-surface-area carbon derivatives. Lin Q, Bu X, Kong A, Mao C, Zhao X, Bu F, Feng P. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Feb 18
- Effect of zirconium dioxide nanoparticles on glutathione peroxidase enzyme in PC12 and n2a cell lines. Asadpour E, Sadeghnia HR, Ghorbani A, Boroushaki MT. Iran J Pharm Res. 2014 Fall
- New activation cross section data on longer lived radio-nuclei produced in proton induced nuclear reaction on zirconium. Tárkányi F, Ditrói F, Takács S, Hermanne A, Al-Abyad M, Yamazaki H, Baba M, Mohammadi MA. Appl Radiat Isot. 2015 Mar
- Effective Ligand Functionalization of Zirconium-Based Metal-Organic Frameworks for the Adsorption and Separation of Benzene and Toluene: A Multiscale Computational Study. Wu Y, Chen H, Liu D, Xiao J, Qian Y, Xi H. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 9.
- Zirconium ions up-regulate the BMP/SMAD signaling pathway and promote the proliferation and differentiation of human osteoblasts. Chen Y, Roohani-Esfahani SI, Lu Z, Zreiqat H, Dunstan CR. PLoS One. 2015 Jan 20
- One-year follow-up of titanium/zirconium alloy X commercially pure titanium narrow-diameter implants placed in the molar region of the mandible: a randomized controlled trial. Tolentino L, Sukekava F, Garcez-Filho J, Tormena M, Lima LA, Araújo MG. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015 Feb 18.
- Numerical assessment of bone remodeling around conventionally and early loaded titanium and titanium-zirconium alloy dental implants. Akça K, Eser A, Çavu?o?lu Y, Sa??rkaya E, Çehreli MC. Med Biol Eng Comput. 2015 Mar 1.
- Preparation of octahydro- and tetrahydro-[1,10]phenanthroline zirconium and hafnium complexes for olefin polymerization. Hwang EY, Park GH, Lee CS, Kang YY, Lee J, Lee BY. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 10
- Strain-tunable one dimensional photonic crystals based on zirconium dioxide/slide-ring elastomer nanocomposites for mechanochromic sensing. Howell IR, Li C, Colella NS, Ito K, Watkins JJ. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 18
- Optimization of Intrabone Delivery of Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells in a Swine Model Using Cell Radiolabeling with zirconium. Pantin JM, Hoyt RF Jr, Aras O, Sato N, Chen MY, Hunt T, Clevenger R, Eclarinal P, Adler S, Choyke P, Childs RW. Am J Transplant. 2015 Mar
- Ultrahigh Surface Area Zirconium MOFs and Insights into the Applicability of the BET Theory. Wang TC, Bury W, Gómez-Gualdrón DA, Vermeulen NA, Mondloch JE, Deria P, Zhang K, Moghadam PZ, Sarjeant AA, Snurr RQ, Stoddart JF, Hupp JT, Farha OK. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 9.
- Cu-catalyzed asymmetric addition of sp(2)-hybridized zirconium nucleophiles to racemic allyl bromides. Sidera M, Fletcher SP. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10
- Ferrier rearrangement promoted by an electrochemically generated zirconium catalyst. Stevanovi? D, Pejovi? A, Damljanovi? I, Mini? A, Bogdanovi? GA, Vuki?evi? M, Radulovi? NS, Vuki?evi? RD. Carbohydr Res. 2015 Feb 14
- Controllable construction of Titanium dioxide-Zirconium dioxide@Zinc hydroxyfluoride networks in micro-capillaries for bio-analysis. Wang G, He Z, Shi G, Wang H, Zhang Q, Li Y. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 May 15
- Bonding performance of two newly developed self-adhering materials between zirconium and dentin. Cebe MA, Polat S, Cebe F, Tuncdemir MT, Isman E. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 Mar-Apr
- Well-defined single-site monohydride silica-supported zirconium from azazirconacyclopropane. Hamzaoui B, Eter ME, Abou-Hamad E, Chen Y, Pelletier JD, Basset JM. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 9
- Hydroxyaptite nanorods patterned ZrO2 bilayer coating on zirconium for the application of percutaneous implants. Zhang L, Han Y, Tan G. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015 Jan 17
- Zirconium phosphatidylcholine-based nanocapsules as an in vivo degradable drug delivery system of MAP30, a momordica anti-HIV protein. Caizhen G, Yan G, Ronron C, Lirong Y, Panpan C, Xuemei H, Yuanbiao Q, Qingshan L. Int J Pharm. 2015 Apr 10
- Novel one-pot synthesis of dicarboxylic acids mediated alginate-zirconium biopolymeric complex for defluoridation of water. Prabhu SM, Meenakshi S. Carbohydr Polym. 2015 Apr 20
Recent Research & Development for Chlorides
- Structural, conformational and vibrational properties of 1,1,1-Trifluoro-N-(1,1,2,2,2-pentafluoroethyl) methanesulfinimidoyl chloride, CF3CF2NS(Cl)CF3. Robles NL, Chemes DM, Oberhammer H, Cutin EH. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 26
- Mechanism of chlorite degradation to chloride and dioxygen by the enzyme chlorite dismutase. Schaffner I, Hofbauer S, Krutzler M, Pirker KF, Furtmüller PG, Obinger C. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2015 Mar 4.
- "Off-on" aggregation-based fluorescent sensor for the detection of chloride in water. Watt MM, Engle JM, Fairley KC, Robitshek TE, Haley MM, Johnson DW. Org Biomol Chem. 2015 Mar 11.
- Low doses of mercuric chloride cause the main features of antinucleolar autoimmune process in female outbred CFW mice. Arefieva AS, Kamaeva AG, Krasilshchikova MS. Toxicol Ind Health. 2015 Mar 12.
- Electronic and Vibrational Spectra of Positive Polarons and Bipolarons in Regioregular Poly(3-hexylthiophene) Doped with Ferric Chloride. Yamamoto J, Furukawa Y. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Mar 13.
- The synthesis and characterization of a novel potassium chloride-fluoridated hydroxyapatite varnish for treating dentin hypersensitivity. Lochaiwatana Y, Poolthong S, Hirata I, Okazaki M, Swasdison S, Vongsavan N. Dent Mater J. 2015 Feb 3
- Properties of the Energy Bands, Judd-Ofelt Parameters and the Fluorescence of Neodymium Chloride (NdCl3) in Methanol, Iso-propanol and Butanol Solvents. Mitra S, Jana S. J Fluoresc. 2015 Mar 15.
- From benzalkonium chloride-preserved Latanoprost to Polyquad-preserved Travoprost: a 6-month study on ocular surface safety and tolerability. Rossi GC, Scudeller L, Rolle T, Pasinetti GM, Bianchi PE. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2015 Mar 10:1-5.
- NEXAFS and XPS studies of nitrosyl chloride. Schio L, Li C, Monti S, Salén P, Yatsyna V, Feifel R, Alagia M, Richter R, Falcinelli S, Stranges S, Zhaunerchyk V, Carravetta V. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 10.
- Misdiagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis Based on Transient Pancreatic Insufficiency and Elevated Sweat Chloride. Bagheri-Behrouzi A, Steiß JO, Zimmer KP, Nährlich L. Klin Padiatr. 2015 Mar
- Genotoxic potency of mercuric chloride in gill cells of marine gastropod Planaxis sulcatus using comet assay. Bhagat J, Ingole BS. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Mar 12.
- Crystal growth, morphology, spectrographic characterization and thermal properties of Glycine Barium Bromo Chloride crystals. Arularasan P, Thayanithi V, Mohan R. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 19
- Chloride concentrations in human hepatic cytosol and mitochondria are a function of age. Jahn SC, Rowland-Faux L, Stacpoole PW, James MO. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Mar 3.
- Mercuric chloride induced hepatotoxic and hematologic changes in rats: The protective effects of sodium selenite and vitamin E. Uzunhisarcikli M, Aslanturk A, Kalender S, Apaydin FG, Bas H. Toxicol Ind Health. 2015 Mar 10.
- Benzalkonium chloride intoxication caused by intravenous self-injection. Miyauchi M, Hayashida M, Yokota H. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Contribution of calcium-activated chloride channel to elevated pulmonary artery pressure in pulmonary arterial hypertension induced by high pulmonary blood flow. Wang K, Chen C, Ma J, Lao J, Pang Y. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015 Jan 1
- Cation-chloride cotransporters: regulation, physiological significance, and role in pathogenesis of arterial hypertension. Orlov SN, Koltsova SV, Kapilevich LV, Dulin NO, Gusakova SV. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2014 Dec
- Aldosterone Modulates Thiazide-Sensitive Sodium Chloride Cotransporter (NCC) Abundance via DUSP6-Mediated ERK 1/2 Signaling Pathway. Feng X, Zhang Y, Shao N, Wang Y, Zhuang Z, Wu P, Lee MJ, Liu Y, Wang XH, Zhuang J, Delpire E, Gu D, Cai H. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2015 Mar 11:ajprenal.00543.2014.
- Evaluation of angiogenesis, epithelialisation and microcirculation after application of polyhexanide, chitosan and sodium chloride in rodents. Goertz O, Lauer H, Hirsch T, Daigeler A, Harati K, Stricker I, Lehnhardt M, von der Lohe L. Int Wound J. 2015 Mar 10.
- Regulatory/Auxiliary subunits of CLC chloride channel/transport proteins. Barrallo-Gimeno A, Gradogna A, Zanardi I, Pusch M, Estévez R. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 11.