|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Zirconium(IV) Chloride||ZR4-CL-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Zirconium(IV) Chloride||ZR4-CL-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Zirconium(IV) Chloride||ZR4-CL-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Zirconium(IV) Chloride||ZR4-CL-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Cl4Zr||233.04||white crystals|| 437° C
| 331° C
|2.8 g/cm3||231.777165||229.780106||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Zirconium(IV) Chloride (Zirconium Tetrachloride) is an excellent water soluble crystalline Zirconium source for uses compatible with chlorides. Chloride compounds can conduct electricity when fused or dissolved in water. Chloride materials can be decomposed by electrolysis to chlorine gas and the metal. They are formed through various chlorination processes whereby at least one chlorine anion (Cl-) is covalently bonded to the relevant metal or cation. Ultra high purity and proprietary formulations can be prepared. The chloride ion controls fluid equilibrium and pH levels in metabolic systems. They can form either inorganic or organic compounds. Zirconium Chloride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Zirconium Chloride Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available, as is additional research, technical and safety (MSDS) data. Please contact us above for information on specifications, lead time and pricing.
Zirconium (atomic symbol: Zr, atomic number: 40) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 91.224. The number of electrons in each of Zirconium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d2 5s2. The zirconium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Zirconium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1789 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1824. In its elemental form, zirconium has a silvery white appearance that is similar to titanium. Zirconium's principal mineral is zircon (zirconium silicate). Zirconium is commercially produced as a by-product of titanium and tin mining and has many applications as a opacifier and a refractory material. It is not found in nature as a free element. The name of zirconium comes from the mineral zircon, the most important source of zirconium, and from the Persian word 'zargun' meaning gold-like. For more information on zirconium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zirconium products, visit the Zirconium Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 2503 8/PG 3
ZIRCONIUM(IV) CHLORIDE SYNONYMS
|Zirconium(4+) chloride; Zirconium tetrachloride; Zirconium(4+) tetrachloride; Tetrachlorozirconium; Zirconium chloride, tetra-|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zirconium
- Evaluation of intercalated a-zirconium phosphate as sorbent in separation and detection of sulfonamides in honey. Hou J, Yan J, Zhang F, Zhao Q, Chen H, Zhang Y, Li G, Li Y, Ding L. Food Chem. 2014 May
- Porous titanium and zirconium oxo carboxylates at the interface between sol-gel and metal-organic framework structures. Maurer C, Baumgartner B, Pabisch S, Akbarzadeh J, Peterlik H, Schubert U. Dalton Trans. 2014 Jan.
- A zirconium-based nanoparticle: Essential factors for sustainable application in treatment of fluoride containing water. He J, Chen JP. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Feb.
- A mediator-free glucose biosensor based on glucose oxidase/chitosan/Î±-zirconium phosphate ternary biocomposite. Anal Biochem. 2014 create date:2013/10/19 | first author:Liu LM
- Cell biological responses of osteoblasts on anodized nanotubular surface of a titanium-zirconium alloy. Sista S, Nouri A, Li Y, Wen C, Hodgson PD, Pande G. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013 Dec.
- Validation of a method to quantify titanium, vanadium and zirconium in oral mucosa cells by inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS). Talanta. 2014 | first author:Martín-Cameán A.
- Evaluation of zirconium dioxide-based sorbents to decrease the matrix effect in avocado and almond multiresidue pesticide analysis followed by gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Talanta. 2014 create date:2013/11/28 | first author:Lozano A
- Polymerization of propylene promoted by zirconium benzamidinates. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/10/01 | first author:Aharonovich S
- Simultaneous determinations of zirconium, hafnium, yttrium and lanthanides in seawater according to a co-precipitation technique onto iron-hydroxide. Raso M, Censi P, Saiano F. Talanta. 2013 Nov 15.
- Surface Functionalization of Zirconium Phosphate Nanoplatelets for the Design of Polymer Fillers. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 create date:2013/12/10 | first author:Mosby B
- Pre-fabricated zirconium dioxide implant abutments for single-tooth replacement in the posterior region: success and failure after 3 years of function. Acta Odontol Scand. 2013 create date:2013/12/07 | first author:Nothdurft FP
- Novel Î²-ketoiminato complexes of zirconium: synthesis, characterization and evaluation for solution based processing of ZrO(2) thin films. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/12/05 | first author:Banerjee M
- Functionalized PLGA-doped zirconium oxide ceramics for bone tissue regeneration. Lupu-Haber Y, Pinkas O, Boehm S, Scheper T, Kasper C, Machluf M. Biomed Microdevices. 2013 Dec
- Encapsulation of ammonium molybdophosphate and zirconium phosphate in alginate matrix for the sorption of rubidium(I). Krys P, Testa F, Trochimczuk A, Pin C, Taulemesse JM, Vincent T, Guibal E. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Krys P.
- Titanium-zirconium narrow-diameter versus titanium regular-diameter implants for anterior and premolar single crowns: 1-year results of a randomized controlled clinical study. Benic GI, Gallucci GO, Mokti M, Hämmerle CH, Weber HP, Jung RE. J Clin Periodontol. 2013 Nov.
- Strong adsorption of phosphate by amorphous zirconium oxide nanoparticles. Su Y, Cui H, Li Q, Gao S, Shang JK. Water Res. 2013 create date:2013/07/16 | first author:Su Y
- Multifunctional NH2-mediated zirconium metal-organic framework as an efficient visible-light-driven photocatalyst for selective oxidation of alcohols and reduction of aqueous Cr(vi). Shen L, Liang S, Wu W, Liang R, Wu L. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/08/02 | first author:Shen L.
- Effective dose to staff members in a positron emission tomography/CT facility using zirconium-89. Alzimami KS, Ma AK. Br J Radiol. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Alzimami KS
- AIE cation functionalized layered zirconium phosphate nanoplatelets: ion-exchange intercalation and cell imaging. Li D, Miao C, Wang X, Yu X, Yu J, Xu R. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 | first author:Li D
- Retention of implant-supported zirconium oxide ceramic restorations using different luting agents. Nejatidanesh F, Savabi O, Shahtoosi M. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2013
Recent Research & Development for Chlorides
- The influence of sodium salts (iodide, chloride and sulfate) on the formation efficiency of sulfamerazine nanocrystals. Lou H, Liu M, Qu W, Johnson J, Brunson E, Almoazen H. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Water-solid interactions between amorphous maltodextrins and crystalline sodium chloride. Food Chem. 2014 | first author:Ghorab MK.
- Diminution of 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride toxicity on Listeria monocytogenes growth by iron source addition to the culture medium. Junillon T, Flandrois JP. Food Microbiol. 2014 Apr.
- Hepatoprotective Effect of Manganese Chloride Against CCl4-Induced Liver Injury in Rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Eidi A.
- Influence of mixing and ultrasound frequency on antisolvent crystallisation of sodium chloride. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Lee J.
- Can zinc(II) ions be doped into the crystal structure of l-proline cadmium chloride monohydrate? Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Copper(ii) chloride mediated (aza)oxindole synthesis by oxidative coupling of Csp(2)-H and Csp(3)-H centers: substrate scope and DFT study. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Dey C
- Cetylpyridinium chloride suppresses gene expression associated with halitosis. Arch Oral Biol. 2013 create date:2013/10/12 | first author:Liu J
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Wu B
- Electrochemistry and Spectroelectrochemistry of Europium(III) Chloride in 3LiCl-2KCl from 643 to 1123 K. Anal Chem. 2013 create date:2013/09/11 | first author:Schroll CA
- The effect of ambroxol on chloride transport, CFTR and ENaC in cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cells. Cell Biol Int. 2013 create date:2013/06/15 | first author:Varelogianni G
- In vivo biodistribution and synergistic toxicity of silica nanoparticles and cadmium chloride in mice. Guo M, Xu X, Yan X, Wang S, Gao S, Zhu S. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep.
- Analysis of xyloglucans by ambient chloride attachment ionization tandem mass spectrometry. Vinueza NR, Gallardo VA, Klimek JF, Carpita NC, Kenttämaa HI. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct.
- Convenient syntheses of cyanuric chloride-derived NHC ligands, their Ag(i) and Au(i) complexes and antimicrobial activity. Almalioti F, Macdougall J, Hughes S, Hasson MM, Jenkins RL, Ward BD, Tizzard GJ, Coles SJ, Williams DW, Bamford S, Fallis IA, Dervisi A. Dalton Trans. 2013 Sep 14
- Cholic acid modified N-(2-hydroxy)-propyl-3-trimethylammonium chitosan chloride for superoxide dismutase delivery. Cheng Y, Cai H, Yin B, Yao P. Int J Pharm. 2013.
- A novel topical formulation containing strontium chloride significantly reduces the intensity and duration of cowhage-induced itch. Papoiu AD, Valdes-Rodriguez R, Nattkemper LA, Chan YH, Hahn GS, Yosipovitch G. Acta Derm Venereol. 2013 Sep.
- Dextran sodium sulfate inhibits the activities of both polymerase and reverse transcriptase: lithium chloride purification, a rapid and efficient technique to purify RNA. Viennois E, Chen F, Laroui H, Baker MT, Merlin D. BMC Res Notes. 2013
- Synthesis, in vitro and in vivo evaluation of new norcantharidin-conjugated hydroxypropyltrimethyl ammonium chloride chitosan derivatives as polymer therapeutics. Xu X, Li Y, Wang F, Lv L, Liu J, Li M, Guo A, Jiang J, Shen Y, Guo S. Int J Pharm. 2013.
- Lipid-based intravesical drug delivery systems with controlled release of trospium chloride for the urinary bladder. Haupt M, Thommes M, Heidenreich A, Breitkreutz J. J Control Release.
- Assessment of nickel titanium and beta titanium corrosion resistance behavior in fluoride and chloride environments. Kassab EJ, Gomes JP. Angle Orthod. 2013 Sep.