|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C20H16ZrCl2||418.48||Yellow to Gold Powder||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||415.967987||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Dichloro[rac-ethylenebis(indenyl)]zirconium(IV) is one of numerous organo-metallic compounds (also known as metalorganic, organo-inorganic and metallo-organic compounds) sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Organo-Metallics™ for uses requiring non-aqueous solubility such as recent solar energy and water treatment applications. Similar results can sometimes also be achieved with Nanoparticles (also see Nanotechnology and Quantum Dots) and by thin film deposition. Note American Elements additionally supplies many materials as solutions. Dichloro[rac-ethylenebis(indenyl)]zirconium(IV) is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Additional technical, research and safety information is available.
Zirconium (atomic symbol: Zr, atomic number: 40) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 91.224. The number of electrons in each of Zirconium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d2 5s2. The zirconium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Zirconium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1789 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1824. In its elemental form, zirconium has a silvery white appearance that is similar to titanium. Zirconium's principal mineral is zircon (zirconium silicate). Zirconium is commercially produced as a by-product of titanium and tin mining and has many applications as a opacifier and a refractory material. It is not found in nature as a free element. The name of zirconium comes from the mineral zircon, the most important source of zirconium, and from the Persian word 'zargun' meaning gold-like. For more information on zirconium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zirconium products, visit the Zirconium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|dichloro[rac-ethylenebis(indenyl)]zirconium(iv);dichloroethylenebis(indenyl)zirconium(iv);rac-ethylenebis(1-indenyl)zirconium dichloride;rac-ethylenebis(indenyl)zirconium(iv) dichloride;dichloroethylenebis(indenyl)zirconium(iv), racemic mixture;ethylenebis(indenyl)zirconium(iv) dichloride;rac-ethylenebis-(indenyl)-zirconium dichloride;dichloro(rac-ethylenebis(indenyl)zr(iv)|
CUSTOMERS FOR DICHLORO[RAC-ETHYLENEBIS(INDENYL)]ZIRCONIUM(IV) HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Aluminum Zirconium Alloy||Zirconium Wire||Zirconium Powder||Zirconium Oxide||Zirconium Pellets|
|Zirconium Acetate||Zirconium Foil||Zirconium Oxide Pellets||Zirconium Metal||Zirconium Acetylacetonate|
|Zirconium Nitrate Solution||Zirconium Nanoparticles||Zirconium Scandium Iron Alloy||Zirconium Sputtering Target||Zirconium Chloride|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Zirconium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zirconium
- A mediator-free glucose biosensor based on glucose oxidase/chitosan/Î±-zirconium phosphate ternary biocomposite. Anal Biochem. 2014 create date:2013/10/19 | first author:Liu LM
- Validation of a method to quantify titanium, vanadium and zirconium in oral mucosa cells by inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS). Talanta. 2014 create date:2013/11/28 | first author:Martín-Cameán A
- Evaluation of zirconium dioxide-based sorbents to decrease the matrix effect in avocado and almond multiresidue pesticide analysis followed by gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Talanta. 2014 create date:2013/11/28 | first author:Lozano A
- Cell biological responses of osteoblasts on anodized nanotubular surface of a titanium-zirconium alloy. Sista S, Nouri A, Li Y, Wen C, Hodgson PD, Pande G. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013 Dec
- Polymerization of propylene promoted by zirconium benzamidinates. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/10/01 | first author:Aharonovich S
- Surface Functionalization of Zirconium Phosphate Nanoplatelets for the Design of Polymer Fillers. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 create date:2013/12/10 | first author:Mosby B
- Pre-fabricated zirconium dioxide implant abutments for single-tooth replacement in the posterior region: success and failure after 3 years of function. Acta Odontol Scand. 2013 create date:2013/12/07 | first author:Nothdurft FP
- Simultaneous determinations of zirconium, hafnium, yttrium and lanthanides in seawater according to a co-precipitation technique onto iron-hydroxide. Raso M, Censi P, Saiano F. Talanta. 2013 Nov 15.
- Novel Î²-ketoiminato complexes of zirconium: synthesis, characterization and evaluation for solution based processing of ZrO(2) thin films. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/12/05 | first author:Banerjee M
- Functionalized PLGA-doped zirconium oxide ceramics for bone tissue regeneration. Lupu-Haber Y, Pinkas O, Boehm S, Scheper T, Kasper C, Machluf M. Biomed Microdevices. 2013 Dec
- Encapsulation of ammonium molybdophosphate and zirconium phosphate in alginate matrix for the sorption of rubidium(I). Krys P, Testa F, Trochimczuk A, Pin C, Taulemesse JM, Vincent T, Guibal E. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Krys P.
- Titanium-zirconium narrow-diameter versus titanium regular-diameter implants for anterior and premolar single crowns: 1-year results of a randomized controlled clinical study. Benic GI, Gallucci GO, Mokti M, Hämmerle CH, Weber HP, Jung RE. J Clin Periodontol. 2013 Nov
- Multifunctional NH2-mediated zirconium metal-organic framework as an efficient visible-light-driven photocatalyst for selective oxidation of alcohols and reduction of aqueous Cr(vi). Shen L, Liang S, Wu W, Liang R, Wu L. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/08/02 | first author:Shen L.
- Strong adsorption of phosphate by amorphous zirconium oxide nanoparticles. Su Y, Cui H, Li Q, Gao S, Shang JK. Water Res. 2013 create date:2013/07/16 | first author:Su Y
- Effective dose to staff members in a positron emission tomography/CT facility using zirconium-89. Alzimami KS, Ma AK. Br J Radiol. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Alzimami KS
- Solid-phase extraction method for the isolation of plant thionins from European mistletoe, wheat and barley using zirconium silicate embedded in poly(styrene-co-divinylbenzene) hollow-monoliths. Hussain S, GÃ¼zel Y, SchÃ¶nbichler SA, Rainer M, Huck CW, Bonn GK. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2013 create date:2013/07/19 | first author:Hussain S
- AIE cation functionalized layered zirconium phosphate nanoplatelets: ion-exchange intercalation and cell imaging. Li D, Miao C, Wang X, Yu X, Yu J, Xu R. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/09/12 | first author:Li D
- Retention of implant-supported zirconium oxide ceramic restorations using different luting agents. Nejatidanesh F, Savabi O, Shahtoosi M. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2013
- Zirconium complexes supported by an N-perfluoro-arylated diamidopyridyl ligand: synthesis of hydrazinediido complexes. Scholl SA, Plundrich GT, Wadepohl H, Gade LH. Inorg Chem. 2013 create date:2013/08/15 | first author:Scholl SA