|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Zirconium Fluoride||ZR-F-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Zirconium Fluoride||ZR-F-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Zirconium Fluoride||ZR-F-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Zirconium Fluoride||ZR-F-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|F4Zr||167.22||White Crystalline Solid|| 910° C
|N/A||4.43 g/cm3||165.898 g/mo||165.898315 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Zirconium Fluoride is a water insoluble Zirconium source for use in oxygen-sensitive applications, such as metal production. Fluoride compounds have diverse applications in current technologies and science, from oil refining and etching to synthetic organic chemistry and the manufacture of pharmaceuticals. Magnesium Fluoride, for example, was used by researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics in 2013 to create a novel mid-infrared optical frequency comb composed of crystalline microresonators, a development that may lead to future advances in molecular spectroscopy. Fluorides are also commonly used to alloy metals and for optical deposition. Zirconium Fluoride is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale (See also Nanotechnology Information and Quantum Dots) elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Zirconium (atomic symbol: Zr, atomic number: 40) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 91.224. The number of electrons in each of Zirconium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d2 5s2. The zirconium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Zirconium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1789 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1824. In its elemental form, zirconium has a silvery white appearance that is similar to titanium. Zirconium's principal mineral is zircon (zirconium silicate). Zirconium is commercially produced as a by-product of titanium and tin mining and has many applications as a opacifier and a refractory material. It is not found in nature as a free element. The name of zirconium comes from the mineral zircon, the most important source of zirconium, and from the Persian word 'zargun' meaning gold-like. For more information on zirconium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zirconium products, visit the Zirconium Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 3260 8/PG 2
ZIRCONIUM FLUORIDE SYNONYMS
Zirconium(IV) fluoride, Zirconium(4+) tetrafluoride, Zirconium tetrafluoride, Tetraluorozirconium
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zirconium
- Evaluation of intercalated a-zirconium phosphate as sorbent in separation and detection of sulfonamides in honey. Hou J, Yan J, Zhang F, Zhao Q, Chen H, Zhang Y, Li G, Li Y, Ding L. Food Chem. 2014 May
- Porous titanium and zirconium oxo carboxylates at the interface between sol-gel and metal-organic framework structures. Maurer C, Baumgartner B, Pabisch S, Akbarzadeh J, Peterlik H, Schubert U. Dalton Trans. 2014 Jan.
- A zirconium-based nanoparticle: Essential factors for sustainable application in treatment of fluoride containing water. He J, Chen JP. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Feb.
- A mediator-free glucose biosensor based on glucose oxidase/chitosan/Î±-zirconium phosphate ternary biocomposite. Anal Biochem. 2014 create date:2013/10/19 | first author:Liu LM
- Cell biological responses of osteoblasts on anodized nanotubular surface of a titanium-zirconium alloy. Sista S, Nouri A, Li Y, Wen C, Hodgson PD, Pande G. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013 Dec.
- Validation of a method to quantify titanium, vanadium and zirconium in oral mucosa cells by inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS). Talanta. 2014 | first author:Martín-Cameán A.
- Evaluation of zirconium dioxide-based sorbents to decrease the matrix effect in avocado and almond multiresidue pesticide analysis followed by gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Talanta. 2014 create date:2013/11/28 | first author:Lozano A
- Polymerization of propylene promoted by zirconium benzamidinates. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/10/01 | first author:Aharonovich S
- Simultaneous determinations of zirconium, hafnium, yttrium and lanthanides in seawater according to a co-precipitation technique onto iron-hydroxide. Raso M, Censi P, Saiano F. Talanta. 2013 Nov.
- Surface Functionalization of Zirconium Phosphate Nanoplatelets for the Design of Polymer Fillers. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 create date:2013/12/10 | first author:Mosby B
- Pre-fabricated zirconium dioxide implant abutments for single-tooth replacement in the posterior region: success and failure after 3 years of function. Acta Odontol Scand. 2013 | first author:Nothdurft FP
- Novel β-ketoiminato complexes of zirconium: synthesis, characterization and evaluation for solution based processing of ZrO(2) thin films. Dalton Trans. 2013 | first author:Banerjee M
- Functionalized PLGA-doped zirconium oxide ceramics for bone tissue regeneration. Lupu-Haber Y, Pinkas O, Boehm S, Scheper T, Kasper C, Machluf M. Biomed Microdevices. 2013 Dec
- Encapsulation of ammonium molybdophosphate and zirconium phosphate in alginate matrix for the sorption of rubidium(I). Krys P, Testa F, Trochimczuk A, Pin C, Taulemesse JM, Vincent T, Guibal E. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 | first author:Krys P.
- Titanium-zirconium narrow-diameter versus titanium regular-diameter implants for anterior and premolar single crowns: 1-year results of a randomized controlled clinical study. Benic GI, Gallucci GO, Mokti M, Hämmerle CH, Weber HP, Jung RE. J Clin Periodontol. 2013 Nov.
- Strong adsorption of phosphate by amorphous zirconium oxide nanoparticles. Su Y, Cui H, Li Q, Gao S, Shang JK. Water Res. 2013 | first author:Su Y
- Multifunctional NH2-mediated zirconium metal-organic framework as an efficient visible-light-driven photocatalyst for selective oxidation of alcohols and reduction of aqueous Cr(vi). Shen L, Liang S, Wu W, Liang R, Wu L. Dalton Trans. 2013 | first author:Shen L.
- Effective dose to staff members in a positron emission tomography/CT facility using zirconium-89. Alzimami KS, Ma AK. Br J Radiol. 2013 | first author:Alzimami KS
- AIE cation functionalized layered zirconium phosphate nanoplatelets: ion-exchange intercalation and cell imaging. Li D, Miao C, Wang X, Yu X, Yu J, Xu R. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 | first author:Li D
- Retention of implant-supported zirconium oxide ceramic restorations using different luting agents. Nejatidanesh F, Savabi O, Shahtoosi M. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2013
Recent Research & Development for Fluorides
- A novel ultrasonication method in the preparation of zirconium impregnated cellulose for effective fluoride adsorption. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014
- Inside Cover: Kinetic Resolution of Allyl Fluorides by Enantioselective Allylic Trifluoromethylation Based on Silicon-Assisted C? F Bond Cleavage (Angew. T Nishimine, K Fukushi, N Shibata… - Angewandte Chemie …, 2014 - Wiley Online Library.
- Electronic Structure of H2S, SF2, and HSF, and Implications for Hydrogen-Substituted Hypervalent Sulfur Fluorides - BA Lindquist, DE Woon… - The Journal of Physical, 2014 - ACS Publication.
- Fluoride and arsenic exposure through water and grain crops in Nagarparkar, Pakistan. Chemosphere. 2014
- Fluoride in tea: Could your daily cuppa really make you ill? A McArthur - Nutrition Bulletin, 2014 - Wiley Online Library
- Isatinphenylsemicarbazones as efficient colorimetric sensors for fluoride and acetate anions - Anions induce tautomerism. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Crystal structure, thermal and spectral studies and growth of nonlinear optical L-lysinium fluoride crystal. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of simple aluminum-based adsorbents for fluoride removal from drinking water. Chemosphere. 2014
- Optical properties of ammonium uranyl fluoride characterized by photoluminescence and photoacoustic spectroscopy. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Gupta SK
- Effects of fluoride on bacterial growth and its gene/protein expression. Chemosphere. 2014
- Multiple painless masses: periostitis deformans secondary to fluoride intoxication. Skeletal Radiol. 2014
- Vibrational structure of n-Ï€(*) transition of the UV absorption spectrum of acryloyl fluoride in the gas phase. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Combined effects of fluoride and cadmium on liver and kidney function in male rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/09/06 | first author:Zhang J
- Comparison of aluminum modified natural materials in the removal of fluoride ions. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014Comparison of aluminum modified natural materials in the removal of fluoride ions. Teutli-Sequeira A, Solache-Ríos M, Martínez-Miranda V, Linares-Hernández I. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Mar.
- Hydrogels dispersed by doped rare earth fluoride nanocrystals: Ionic liquid dispersion and down/up-conversion luminescence. Yan ZY, Jia LP, Yan B. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Mar.
- Oxidative aliphatic C-H fluorination with manganese catalysts and fluoride ion. Nat Protoc. 2013 | first author:Liu W
- Assessment of relationship on excess fluoride intake from drinking water and carotid atherosclerosis development in adults in fluoride endemic areas, China. Liu H, Gao Y, Sun L, Li M, Li B, Sun D. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2014 Mar.
- Influence of cell culture medium composition on in vitro dissolution behavior of a fluoride-containing bioactive glass. Shah FA, Brauer DS, Wilson RM, Hill RG, Hing KA. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2014 Mar.
- Caries arresting effect of silver diamine fluoride on dentine carious lesion with S. mutans and L. acidophilus dual-species cariogenic biofilm. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2013 | first author:Mei ML
- A highly selective ratiometric visual and red-emitting fluorescent dual-channel probe for imaging fluoride anions in living cells. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 | first author:Zhu B.