|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Zirconium Fluoride||ZR-F-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Zirconium Fluoride||ZR-F-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Zirconium Fluoride||ZR-F-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Zirconium Fluoride||ZR-F-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|F4Zr||167.22||White Crystalline Solid|| 910° C
|N/A||4.43 g/cm3||165.898 g/mo||165.898315 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Zirconium Fluoride is a water insoluble Zirconium source for use in oxygen-sensitive applications, such as metal production. Fluoride compounds have diverse applications in current technologies and science, from oil refining and etching to synthetic organic chemistry and the manufacture of pharmaceuticals. Magnesium Fluoride, for example, was used by researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics in 2013 to create a novel mid-infrared optical frequency comb composed of crystalline microresonators, a development that may lead to future advances in molecular spectroscopy. Fluorides are also commonly used to alloy metals and for optical deposition. Zirconium Fluoride is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Zirconium (atomic symbol: Zr, atomic number: 40) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 91.224. The number of electrons in each of Zirconium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d2 5s2. The zirconium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Zirconium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1789 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1824. In its elemental form, zirconium has a silvery white appearance that is similar to titanium. Zirconium's principal mineral is zircon (zirconium silicate). Zirconium is commercially produced as a byproduct of titanium and tin mining and has many applications as a opacifier and a refractory material. It is not found in nature as a free element. The name of zirconium comes from the mineral zircon, the most important source of zirconium, and from the Persian wordzargun, meaning gold-like. For more information on zirconium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zirconium products, visit the Zirconium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 3260 8/PG 2
ZIRCONIUM FLUORIDE SYNONYMS
Zirconium(IV) fluoride, Zirconium(4+) tetrafluoride, Zirconium tetrafluoride, Tetraluorozirconium
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zirconium
- Asymmetric hydroamination catalyzed by a new chiral zirconium system: reaction scope and mechanism. Zhou X, Wei B, Sun XL, Tang Y, Xie Z. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 27.
- New heterometallic zirconium metalloporphyrin frameworks and their heteroatom-activated high-surface-area carbon derivatives. Lin Q, Bu X, Kong A, Mao C, Zhao X, Bu F, Feng P. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Feb 18
- Effect of zirconium dioxide nanoparticles on glutathione peroxidase enzyme in PC12 and n2a cell lines. Asadpour E, Sadeghnia HR, Ghorbani A, Boroushaki MT. Iran J Pharm Res. 2014 Fall
- New activation cross section data on longer lived radio-nuclei produced in proton induced nuclear reaction on zirconium. Tárkányi F, Ditrói F, Takács S, Hermanne A, Al-Abyad M, Yamazaki H, Baba M, Mohammadi MA. Appl Radiat Isot. 2015 Mar
- Effective Ligand Functionalization of Zirconium-Based Metal-Organic Frameworks for the Adsorption and Separation of Benzene and Toluene: A Multiscale Computational Study. Wu Y, Chen H, Liu D, Xiao J, Qian Y, Xi H. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 9.
- Zirconium ions up-regulate the BMP/SMAD signaling pathway and promote the proliferation and differentiation of human osteoblasts. Chen Y, Roohani-Esfahani SI, Lu Z, Zreiqat H, Dunstan CR. PLoS One. 2015 Jan 20
- One-year follow-up of titanium/zirconium alloy X commercially pure titanium narrow-diameter implants placed in the molar region of the mandible: a randomized controlled trial. Tolentino L, Sukekava F, Garcez-Filho J, Tormena M, Lima LA, Araújo MG. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015 Feb 18.
- Numerical assessment of bone remodeling around conventionally and early loaded titanium and titanium-zirconium alloy dental implants. Akça K, Eser A, Çavu?o?lu Y, Sa??rkaya E, Çehreli MC. Med Biol Eng Comput. 2015 Mar 1.
- Preparation of octahydro- and tetrahydro-[1,10]phenanthroline zirconium and hafnium complexes for olefin polymerization. Hwang EY, Park GH, Lee CS, Kang YY, Lee J, Lee BY. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 10
- Strain-tunable one dimensional photonic crystals based on zirconium dioxide/slide-ring elastomer nanocomposites for mechanochromic sensing. Howell IR, Li C, Colella NS, Ito K, Watkins JJ. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 18
- Optimization of Intrabone Delivery of Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells in a Swine Model Using Cell Radiolabeling with zirconium. Pantin JM, Hoyt RF Jr, Aras O, Sato N, Chen MY, Hunt T, Clevenger R, Eclarinal P, Adler S, Choyke P, Childs RW. Am J Transplant. 2015 Mar
- Ultrahigh Surface Area Zirconium MOFs and Insights into the Applicability of the BET Theory. Wang TC, Bury W, Gómez-Gualdrón DA, Vermeulen NA, Mondloch JE, Deria P, Zhang K, Moghadam PZ, Sarjeant AA, Snurr RQ, Stoddart JF, Hupp JT, Farha OK. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 9.
- Cu-catalyzed asymmetric addition of sp(2)-hybridized zirconium nucleophiles to racemic allyl bromides. Sidera M, Fletcher SP. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10
- Ferrier rearrangement promoted by an electrochemically generated zirconium catalyst. Stevanovi? D, Pejovi? A, Damljanovi? I, Mini? A, Bogdanovi? GA, Vuki?evi? M, Radulovi? NS, Vuki?evi? RD. Carbohydr Res. 2015 Feb 14
- Controllable construction of Titanium dioxide-Zirconium dioxide@Zinc hydroxyfluoride networks in micro-capillaries for bio-analysis. Wang G, He Z, Shi G, Wang H, Zhang Q, Li Y. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 May 15
- Bonding performance of two newly developed self-adhering materials between zirconium and dentin. Cebe MA, Polat S, Cebe F, Tuncdemir MT, Isman E. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 Mar-Apr
- Well-defined single-site monohydride silica-supported zirconium from azazirconacyclopropane. Hamzaoui B, Eter ME, Abou-Hamad E, Chen Y, Pelletier JD, Basset JM. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 9
- Hydroxyaptite nanorods patterned ZrO2 bilayer coating on zirconium for the application of percutaneous implants. Zhang L, Han Y, Tan G. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015 Jan 17
- Zirconium phosphatidylcholine-based nanocapsules as an in vivo degradable drug delivery system of MAP30, a momordica anti-HIV protein. Caizhen G, Yan G, Ronron C, Lirong Y, Panpan C, Xuemei H, Yuanbiao Q, Qingshan L. Int J Pharm. 2015 Apr 10
- Novel one-pot synthesis of dicarboxylic acids mediated alginate-zirconium biopolymeric complex for defluoridation of water. Prabhu SM, Meenakshi S. Carbohydr Polym. 2015 Apr 20
Recent Research & Development for Fluorides
- Toxicity of fluoride to aquatic species and evaluation of toxicity modifying factors. Pearcy K, Elphick J, Burnett-Seidel C. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 2.
- The influence of varnish and high fluoride on erosion and abrasion in a laboratory investigation. Sar Sancakli H, Austin R, Al-Saqabi F, Moazzez R, Bartlett D. Aust Dent J. 2015 Mar
- The fin whale, a marine top consumer, exposes strengths and weaknesses of the use of fluoride as ecological tracer. Vighi M, García-Nisa I, Borrell A, Aguilar A. Chemosphere. 2015 Mar 3
- Comparison of the Biological Impacts of the Fluoride Compounds by Graphical Risk Visualization Map Technique. Usuda K, Kono R, Ueno T, Ito Y, Dote T, Yokoyama H, Kono K, Tamaki J. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 8.
- Multiple inorganic toxic substances contaminating the groundwater of Myingyan Township, Myanmar: Arsenic, manganese, fluoride, iron, and uranium. Bacquart T, Frisbie S, Mitchell E, Grigg L, Cole C, Small C, Sarkar B. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 4
- Effect of silver diamine fluoride and potassium iodide on residual bacteria in dentinal tubules. Hamama H, Yiu C, Burrow M. Aust Dent J. 2015 Mar
- Arginine promotes fluoride uptake into artificial carious lesions in vitro. Cheng X, Xu P, Zhou X, Deng M, Cheng L, Li M, Li Y, Xu X. Aust Dent J. 2015 Mar
- Fluoride concentrations in the water of Maringá, Brazil, considering the benefit/risk balance of caries and fluorosis. Bergamo ET, Barbana M, Terada RS, Cury JA, Fujimaki M. Braz Oral Res. 2015 Mar
- The Fluoride Content of Yerba Mate Depending on the Country of Origin and the Conditions of the Infusion. ?ukomska A, Jakubczyk K, Maciejewska D, Baranowska-Bosiacka I, Janda K, Goschorska M, Chlubek D, Bosiacka B, Gutowska I. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 17.
- Synthesis and characterization of fluoride-incorporated polyoxovanadates. Kikukawa Y, Yokoyama T, Kashio S, Hayashi Y. J Inorg Biochem. 2015 Feb 26.
- Observation of color center peaks in calcium fluoride. Aoki T, Garvie LA, Rez P. Ultramicroscopy. 2015 Feb 18
- An isotope hydrochemical approach to understand fluoride release into groundwaters of the Datong Basin, Northern China. Su C, Wang Y, Xie X, Zhu Y. Environ Sci Process Impacts. 2015 Mar 6.
- Effect of Sodium Fluoride on the Proliferation and Gene Differential Expression in Human RPMI8226 Cells. He H, Wang H, Jiao Y, Ma C, Zhang H, Zhou Z. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 1.
- Imaging Chronic Tuberculous Lesions Using Sodium [18F]Fluoride Positron Emission Tomography in Mice. Ordonez AA, DeMarco VP, Klunk MH, Pokkali S, Jain SK. Mol Imaging Biol. 2015 Mar 7.
- Cerium fluoride nanoparticles protect cells against oxidative stress. Shcherbakov AB, Zholobak NM, Baranchikov AE, Ryabova AV, Ivanov VK. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 May
- Airway Involvement of Relapsing Polychondritis Revealed by 18F-Fluoride PET/CT. Zhang W, Zhu Z. Clin Nucl Med. 2015 Apr
- Self-oriented β-crystalline phase in the polyvinylidene fluoride ferroelectric and piezo-sensitive ultrathin Langmuir-Schaefer film. Maji S, Sarkar PK, Aggarwal L, Ghosh SK, Mandal D, Sheet G, Acharya S. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11
- Polyvinylidene Fluoride as a Suture Material: Evaluation of Comet Tail-Like Infiltrate and Foreign Body Granuloma. Lambertz A, Schröder KM, Schöb DS, Binnebösel M, Anurov M, Klinge U, Neumann UP, Klink CD. Eur Surg Res. 2015 Feb 25
- Fluoride dose-response of human and bovine enamel artificial caries lesions under pH-cycling conditions. Lippert F, Juthani K. Clin Oral Investig. 2015 Mar 4.
- Targeted Fluorination with the Fluoride Ion by Manganese-Catalyzed Decarboxylation. Huang X, Liu W, Hooker JM, Groves JT. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 3.