|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Zirconyl Nitrate||ZR-NAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Zirconyl Nitrate||ZR-NAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Zirconyl Nitrate||ZR-NAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Zirconyl Nitrate||ZR-NAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|ZrO(NO3)2·xH2O||14985-18-3||N/A||MFCD00149896||237-529-3||N/A||N/A||Oxozirconium(2+) nitrate hydrate (1:2:1)||InChI=1S/2NO
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H2N2O7Zr||231.23||White Powder||1.415 g/cm3||N/A||231.891 g/mol||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Zirconyl Nitrate is a highly water soluble crystalline Zirconium source for uses compatible with nitrates and lower (acidic) pH. Nitrate compounds are generally soluble in water. Nitrate materials are also oxidizing agents. When mixed with hydrocarbons, nitrate compounds can form a flammable mixture. Nitrates are excellent precursors for production of ultra high purity compounds and certain catalyst and nanoscale(nanoparticles and nanopowders) materials. All metallic nitrates are inorganic salts of a given metal cation and the nitrate anion. The nitrate anion is a univalent (-1 charge) polyatomic ion composed of a single nitrogen atom ionically bound to three oxygen atoms (Symbol: NO3) for a total formula weight of 62.05. Zirconium Nitrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Zirconium Nitrate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Zirconium (atomic symbol: Zr, atomic number: 40) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 91.224. The number of electrons in each of Zirconium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d2 5s2. The zirconium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Zirconium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1789 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1824. In its elemental form, zirconium has a silvery white appearance that is similar to titanium. Zirconium's principal mineral is zircon (zirconium silicate). Zirconium is commercially produced as a byproduct of titanium and tin mining and has many applications as a opacifier and a refractory material. It is not found in nature as a free element. The name of zirconium comes from the mineral zircon, the most important source of zirconium, and from the Persian wordzargun, meaning gold-like. For more information on zirconium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zirconium products, visit the Zirconium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 3085 5.1/PG 2
ZIRCONYL NITRATE SYNONYMS
Zirconyl nitrate hydrate, Bis(nitrato)oxozirconium, Ketozirconium nitric acid, Zirconium(IV) oxynitrate hydrate, Zirconium dinitrate oxide, Nitric acid oxozirconium, Zirconyl dinitrate, Oxozirconium(2+) nitrate hydrate (1:2:1)
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zirconium
- Asymmetric hydroamination catalyzed by a new chiral zirconium system: reaction scope and mechanism. Zhou X, Wei B, Sun XL, Tang Y, Xie Z. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 27.
- New heterometallic zirconium metalloporphyrin frameworks and their heteroatom-activated high-surface-area carbon derivatives. Lin Q, Bu X, Kong A, Mao C, Zhao X, Bu F, Feng P. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Feb 18
- Effect of zirconium dioxide nanoparticles on glutathione peroxidase enzyme in PC12 and n2a cell lines. Asadpour E, Sadeghnia HR, Ghorbani A, Boroushaki MT. Iran J Pharm Res. 2014 Fall
- New activation cross section data on longer lived radio-nuclei produced in proton induced nuclear reaction on zirconium. Tárkányi F, Ditrói F, Takács S, Hermanne A, Al-Abyad M, Yamazaki H, Baba M, Mohammadi MA. Appl Radiat Isot. 2015 Mar
- Effective Ligand Functionalization of Zirconium-Based Metal-Organic Frameworks for the Adsorption and Separation of Benzene and Toluene: A Multiscale Computational Study. Wu Y, Chen H, Liu D, Xiao J, Qian Y, Xi H. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 9.
- Zirconium ions up-regulate the BMP/SMAD signaling pathway and promote the proliferation and differentiation of human osteoblasts. Chen Y, Roohani-Esfahani SI, Lu Z, Zreiqat H, Dunstan CR. PLoS One. 2015 Jan 20
- One-year follow-up of titanium/zirconium alloy X commercially pure titanium narrow-diameter implants placed in the molar region of the mandible: a randomized controlled trial. Tolentino L, Sukekava F, Garcez-Filho J, Tormena M, Lima LA, Araújo MG. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015 Feb 18.
- Numerical assessment of bone remodeling around conventionally and early loaded titanium and titanium-zirconium alloy dental implants. Akça K, Eser A, Çavu?o?lu Y, Sa??rkaya E, Çehreli MC. Med Biol Eng Comput. 2015 Mar 1.
- Preparation of octahydro- and tetrahydro-[1,10]phenanthroline zirconium and hafnium complexes for olefin polymerization. Hwang EY, Park GH, Lee CS, Kang YY, Lee J, Lee BY. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 10
- Strain-tunable one dimensional photonic crystals based on zirconium dioxide/slide-ring elastomer nanocomposites for mechanochromic sensing. Howell IR, Li C, Colella NS, Ito K, Watkins JJ. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 18
- Optimization of Intrabone Delivery of Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells in a Swine Model Using Cell Radiolabeling with zirconium. Pantin JM, Hoyt RF Jr, Aras O, Sato N, Chen MY, Hunt T, Clevenger R, Eclarinal P, Adler S, Choyke P, Childs RW. Am J Transplant. 2015 Mar
- Ultrahigh Surface Area Zirconium MOFs and Insights into the Applicability of the BET Theory. Wang TC, Bury W, Gómez-Gualdrón DA, Vermeulen NA, Mondloch JE, Deria P, Zhang K, Moghadam PZ, Sarjeant AA, Snurr RQ, Stoddart JF, Hupp JT, Farha OK. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 9.
- Cu-catalyzed asymmetric addition of sp(2)-hybridized zirconium nucleophiles to racemic allyl bromides. Sidera M, Fletcher SP. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10
- Ferrier rearrangement promoted by an electrochemically generated zirconium catalyst. Stevanovi? D, Pejovi? A, Damljanovi? I, Mini? A, Bogdanovi? GA, Vuki?evi? M, Radulovi? NS, Vuki?evi? RD. Carbohydr Res. 2015 Feb 14
- Controllable construction of Titanium dioxide-Zirconium dioxide@Zinc hydroxyfluoride networks in micro-capillaries for bio-analysis. Wang G, He Z, Shi G, Wang H, Zhang Q, Li Y. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 May 15
- Bonding performance of two newly developed self-adhering materials between zirconium and dentin. Cebe MA, Polat S, Cebe F, Tuncdemir MT, Isman E. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 Mar-Apr
- Well-defined single-site monohydride silica-supported zirconium from azazirconacyclopropane. Hamzaoui B, Eter ME, Abou-Hamad E, Chen Y, Pelletier JD, Basset JM. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 9
- Hydroxyaptite nanorods patterned ZrO2 bilayer coating on zirconium for the application of percutaneous implants. Zhang L, Han Y, Tan G. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015 Jan 17
- Zirconium phosphatidylcholine-based nanocapsules as an in vivo degradable drug delivery system of MAP30, a momordica anti-HIV protein. Caizhen G, Yan G, Ronron C, Lirong Y, Panpan C, Xuemei H, Yuanbiao Q, Qingshan L. Int J Pharm. 2015 Apr 10
- Novel one-pot synthesis of dicarboxylic acids mediated alginate-zirconium biopolymeric complex for defluoridation of water. Prabhu SM, Meenakshi S. Carbohydr Polym. 2015 Apr 20
Recent Research & Development for Nitrates
- Effects of inorganic nitrate and beetroot supplementation on endothelial function: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lara J, Ashor AW, Oggioni C, Ahluwalia A, Mathers JC, Siervo M. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Mar 13.
- Miconazole Nitrate Vaginal Suppository 1,200 mg versus Oral Fluconazole 150 mg in Treating Severe Vulvovaginal Candidiasis. Fan S, Liu X, Liang Y. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2015 Feb 17.
- Nitrite control over dissimilatory nitrate/nitrite reduction pathways in Shewanella loihica strain PV-4. Yoon S, Sanford R, Löffler FE. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015 Mar 13.
- Skeletal muscle as an endogenous nitrate reservoir. Piknova B, Park JW, Swanson KM, Dey S, Noguchi CT, Schechter AN. Nitric Oxide. 2015 Feb 26
- Remediation of nitrate-nitrogen contaminated groundwater using a pilot-scale two-layer heterotrophic-autotrophic denitrification permeable reactive barrier with spongy iron/pine bark. Huang G, Huang Y, Hu H, Liu F, Zhang Y, Deng R. Chemosphere. 2015 Mar 3
- Seasonal nitrate algorithms for nitrate retrieval using OCEANSAT-2 and MODIS-AQUA satellite data. Durairaj P, Sarangi RK, Ramalingam S, Thirunavukarassu T, Chauhan P. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effects of nitrate dosing on sulfidogenic and methanogenic activities in sewer sediment. Liu Y, Sharma KR, Ni BJ, Fan L, Murthy S, Tyson GQ, Yuan Z. Water Res. 2015 Feb 17
- Short-Term Effects of a High Nitrate Diet on Nitrate Metabolism in Healthy Individuals. Bondonno CP, Liu AH, Croft KD, Ward NC, Puddey IB, Woodman RJ, Hodgson JM. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 12
- The Nitric Oxide Production in the Moss Physcomitrella patens Is Mediated by Nitrate Reductase. Medina-Andrés R, Solano-Peralta A, Saucedo-Vázquez JP, Napsucialy-Mendivil S, Pimentel-Cabrera JA, Sosa-Torres ME, Dubrovsky JG, Lira-Ruan V. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 5
- Nephrotoxic effects of lead nitrate exposure in diabetic and nondiabetic rats: Involvement of oxidative stress and the protective role of sodium selenite. Ba? H, Kalender Y. Environ Toxicol. 2015 Mar 2.
- Cost-effective bioregeneration of nitrate-laden ion exchange brine through deliberate bicarbonate incorporation. Li Q, Huang B, Chen X, Shi Y. Water Res. 2015 Feb 24
- 50 Years Ago in TheJournal ofPediatrics: Congenital Pyloric Stenosis: A Controlled Evaluation of Medical Treatment Utilizing Methyl-Scopolamine-Nitrate. Gisser JM, Hill ID. J Pediatr. 2015 Mar
- Ni-induced Changes in Nitrate Assimilation and Antioxidant Metabolism of Verbascum olympicum Boiss.: Could the Plant be Useful for Phytoremediation or/and Restoration Purposes? Akpinar A, Arslan H, Güleryüz G, K?rm?z? S, Erdem?r ÜS, Güçer ?. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- AtNIGT1/HRS1 integrates nitrate and phosphate signals at the Arabidopsis root tip. Medici A, Marshall-Colon A, Ronzier E, Szponarski W, Wang R, Gojon A, Crawford NM, Ruffel S, Coruzzi GM, Krouk G. Nat Commun. 2015 Feb 27
- Gill histopathologies following exposure to nanosilver or silver nitrate. Hawkins AD, Thornton C, Kennedy AJ, Bu K, Cizdziel J, Jones BW, Steevens JA, Willett KL. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2015
- Visible light photooxidation of nitrate: the dawn of a nocturnal radical. Hering T, Slanina T, Hancock A, Wille U, König B. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 16.
- New organic nitrate-containing benzyloxy isonipecotanilide derivatives with vasodilatory and anti-platelet activity. Candia M, Marini E, Zaetta G, Cellamare S, Stilo AD, Altomare CD. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2015 Mar 10.
- Tepidicaulis marinus gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel marine bacterium reducing nitrate to nitrous oxide strictly under microaerobic conditions. Takeuchi M, Yamagishi T, Kamagata Y, Oshima K, Hattori M, Katayama T, Hanada S, Tamaki H, Marumo K, Maeda H, Nedachi M, Iwasaki W, Suwa Y, Sakata S. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2015 Mar 4.
- Surface Modification of Pt(100) for Electrocatalytic Nitrate Reduction to Dinitrogen in Alkaline Solution. Chen T, Li H, Ma H, Koper MT. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 3.
- Erratum: "Phase diagram of ammonium nitrate" [J. Chem. Phys. 139, 214503 (2013)]. Dunuwille M, Yoo CS. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14