|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Zirconyl Nitrate||ZR-NAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Zirconyl Nitrate||ZR-NAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Zirconyl Nitrate||ZR-NAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Zirconyl Nitrate||ZR-NAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|ZrO(NO3)2·xH2O||14985-18-3||24854506||N/A||MFCD00149896||237-529-3||N/A||N/A||Oxozirconium(2+) nitrate hydrate (1:2:1)||InChI=1S/2NO
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H2N2O7Zr||231.23||White Powder||1.415 g/cm3||N/A||231.891 g/mol||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Zirconyl Nitrate is a highly water soluble crystalline Zirconium source for uses compatible with nitrates and lower (acidic) pH. Nitrate compounds are generally soluble in water. Nitrate materials are also oxidizing agents. When mixed with hydrocarbons, nitrate compounds can form a flammable mixture. Nitrates are excellent precursors for production of ultra high purity compounds and certain catalyst and nanoscale(nanoparticles and nanopowders) materials. All metallic nitrates are inorganic salts of a given metal cation and the nitrate anion. The nitrate anion is a univalent (-1 charge) polyatomic ion composed of a single nitrogen atom ionically bound to three oxygen atoms (Symbol: NO3) for a total formula weight of 62.05. Zirconium Nitrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Zirconium Nitrate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Zirconium (atomic symbol: Zr, atomic number: 40) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 91.224. The number of electrons in each of Zirconium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d2 5s2. The zirconium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Zirconium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth in 1789 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1824. In its elemental form, zirconium has a silvery white appearance that is similar to titanium. Zirconium's principal mineral is zircon (zirconium silicate). Zirconium is commercially produced as a by-product of titanium and tin mining and has many applications as a opacifier and a refractory material. It is not found in nature as a free element. The name of zirconium comes from the mineral zircon, the most important source of zirconium, and from the Persian word 'zargun' meaning gold-like. For more information on zirconium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of zirconium products, visit the Zirconium Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 3085 5.1/PG 2
ZIRCONYL NITRATE SYNONYMS
Zirconyl nitrate hydrate, Bis(nitrato)oxozirconium, Ketozirconium nitric acid, Zirconium(IV) oxynitrate hydrate, Zirconium dinitrate oxide, Nitric acid oxozirconium, Zirconyl dinitrate, Oxozirconium(2+) nitrate hydrate (1:2:1)
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Zirconium
- Evaluation of intercalated a-zirconium phosphate as sorbent in separation and detection of sulfonamides in honey. Hou J, Yan J, Zhang F, Zhao Q, Chen H, Zhang Y, Li G, Li Y, Ding L. Food Chem. 2014 May
- Porous titanium and zirconium oxo carboxylates at the interface between sol-gel and metal-organic framework structures. Maurer C, Baumgartner B, Pabisch S, Akbarzadeh J, Peterlik H, Schubert U. Dalton Trans. 2014 Jan.
- A zirconium-based nanoparticle: Essential factors for sustainable application in treatment of fluoride containing water. He J, Chen JP. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Feb.
- A mediator-free glucose biosensor based on glucose oxidase/chitosan/Î±-zirconium phosphate ternary biocomposite. Anal Biochem. 2014 create date:2013/10/19 | first author:Liu LM
- Cell biological responses of osteoblasts on anodized nanotubular surface of a titanium-zirconium alloy. Sista S, Nouri A, Li Y, Wen C, Hodgson PD, Pande G. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013 Dec.
- Validation of a method to quantify titanium, vanadium and zirconium in oral mucosa cells by inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS). Talanta. 2014 | first author:Martín-Cameán A.
- Evaluation of zirconium dioxide-based sorbents to decrease the matrix effect in avocado and almond multiresidue pesticide analysis followed by gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Talanta. 2014 create date:2013/11/28 | first author:Lozano A
- Polymerization of propylene promoted by zirconium benzamidinates. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/10/01 | first author:Aharonovich S
- Simultaneous determinations of zirconium, hafnium, yttrium and lanthanides in seawater according to a co-precipitation technique onto iron-hydroxide. Raso M, Censi P, Saiano F. Talanta. 2013 Nov.
- Surface Functionalization of Zirconium Phosphate Nanoplatelets for the Design of Polymer Fillers. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 create date:2013/12/10 | first author:Mosby B
- Pre-fabricated zirconium dioxide implant abutments for single-tooth replacement in the posterior region: success and failure after 3 years of function. Acta Odontol Scand. 2013 | first author:Nothdurft FP
- Novel β-ketoiminato complexes of zirconium: synthesis, characterization and evaluation for solution based processing of ZrO(2) thin films. Dalton Trans. 2013 | first author:Banerjee M
- Functionalized PLGA-doped zirconium oxide ceramics for bone tissue regeneration. Lupu-Haber Y, Pinkas O, Boehm S, Scheper T, Kasper C, Machluf M. Biomed Microdevices. 2013 Dec
- Encapsulation of ammonium molybdophosphate and zirconium phosphate in alginate matrix for the sorption of rubidium(I). Krys P, Testa F, Trochimczuk A, Pin C, Taulemesse JM, Vincent T, Guibal E. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 | first author:Krys P.
- Titanium-zirconium narrow-diameter versus titanium regular-diameter implants for anterior and premolar single crowns: 1-year results of a randomized controlled clinical study. Benic GI, Gallucci GO, Mokti M, Hämmerle CH, Weber HP, Jung RE. J Clin Periodontol. 2013 Nov.
- Strong adsorption of phosphate by amorphous zirconium oxide nanoparticles. Su Y, Cui H, Li Q, Gao S, Shang JK. Water Res. 2013 | first author:Su Y
- Multifunctional NH2-mediated zirconium metal-organic framework as an efficient visible-light-driven photocatalyst for selective oxidation of alcohols and reduction of aqueous Cr(vi). Shen L, Liang S, Wu W, Liang R, Wu L. Dalton Trans. 2013 | first author:Shen L.
- Effective dose to staff members in a positron emission tomography/CT facility using zirconium-89. Alzimami KS, Ma AK. Br J Radiol. 2013 | first author:Alzimami KS
- AIE cation functionalized layered zirconium phosphate nanoplatelets: ion-exchange intercalation and cell imaging. Li D, Miao C, Wang X, Yu X, Yu J, Xu R. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 | first author:Li D
- Retention of implant-supported zirconium oxide ceramic restorations using different luting agents. Nejatidanesh F, Savabi O, Shahtoosi M. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2013
Recent Research & Development for Nitrates
- Stable isotope analysis of plant-derived nitrate - novel method for discrimination between organically and conventionally grown vegetables. Mihailova A, Pedentchouk N, Kelly SD. Food Chem. 2014.
- Screening of assimilatory and dissimilatory denitrifying microbes isolated from nitrate-contaminated water and soil. Seenivasagan R, Rajakumar S, Kasimani R, Ayyasamy PM. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2014.
- Copper, zinc superoxide dismutase and nitrate reductase coimmobilized bienzymatic biosensor for the simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate. Madasamy T, Pandiaraj M, Balamurugan M, Bhargava K, Sethy NK, Karunakaran C. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Stable isotope analysis of plant-derived nitrate - Novel method for discrimination between organically and conventionally grown vegetables. Mihailova A, Pedentchouk N, Kelly SD. Food Chem. 2014 July
- Multicenter, double-blind, parallel group study investigating the non-inferiority of efficacy and safety of a 2% miconazole nitrate shampoo in comparison with a 2% ketoconazole shampoo in the treatment of seborrhoeic dermatitis of the scalp. Buechner SA. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014
- Effect of nitrate ions on the efficiency of sonophotochemical phenol degradation. Zaviska F, Drogui P, El Hachemi EM, Naffrechoux E. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Jan.
- Photoluminescence studies on the complexation of Eu(III) and Tb(III) with acetohydroxamic acid (AHA) in nitrate medium. Pathak PN, Mohapatra M, Godbole SV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- A potential carrier based on liquid crystal nanoparticles for ophthalmic delivery of pilocarpine nitrate. Li J, Wu L, Wu W, Wang B, Wang Z, Xin H, Xu Q. Int J Pharm. 2013 Oct.
- Synthesis, growth and characterization of a nonlinear optical crystal: Bis l-proline hydrogen nitrate. Selvaraju K, Kirubavathi K. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- Nitrate removal from eutrophic wetlands polluted by metal-mine wastes: Effects of liming and plant growth. González-Alcaraz MN, Conesa HM, Alvarez-Rogel J. J Environ Manage. 2013 Oct.
- Affinity binding via Zinc(II) for controlled orientation and electrochemistry of Histidine-tagged nitrate reductase in self-assembled monolayers. Campbell WH, Henig J, Plumeré N. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013.
- The nitrate time bomb: a numerical way to investigate nitrate storage and lag time in the unsaturated zone. Wang L, Butcher AS, Stuart ME, Gooddy DC, Bloomfield JP. Environ Geochem Health. 2013.
- Direct and indirect photodegradation of estriol in the presence of humic acid, nitrate and iron complexes in water solutions. Chen Y, Zhang K, Zuo Y. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct.
- Nitrate source apportionment in a subtropical watershed using Bayesian model. Yang L, Han J, Xue J, Zeng L, Shi J, Wu L, Jiang Y. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct.
- A novel and efficient synthesis of diverse dihydronaphtho[1,2-b]furans using the ceric ammonium nitrate-catalyzed formal [3 + 2] cycloaddition of 1,4-naphthoquinones to olefins and its application to furomollugin. Xia L, Lee YR. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 Sep.
- Synthesis, spectroscopic (FT-IR/NMR) characterization, X-ray structure and DFT studies on (E)-2-(1-phenylethylidene) hydrazinecarboximidamide nitrate hemimethanol. Ozdemir N, Inkaya E, Saripinar E, Akyüz L, Ilhan IÖ, Aydin S, Dinçer M, Büyükgüngör O. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Oct.
- Comments on the "Nitrate contamination in ground water of some rural areas of Rajasthan, India" by Suthar et al. Satpathy KK, Padhi RK, Samantara MK. Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep.
- Nitrate-based niche differentiation by distinct sulfate-reducing bacteria involved in the anaerobic oxidation of methane. Green-Saxena A, Dekas AE, Dalleska NF, Orphan VJ. ISME J. 2013 Sep.
- Model-Based Integration and Analysis of Biogeochemical and Isotopic Dynamics in a Nitrate-Polluted Pyritic Aquifer. Zhang YC, Prommer H, Broers HP, Slomp CP, Greskowiak J, van der Grift B, Van Cappellen P. Environ Sci Technol. 2013.
- Nitrogen Oxyanion Dependent Dissociation of a Two-Component Complex that Regulates Bacterial Nitrate Assimilation. Luque-Almagro VM, Lyall VJ, Ferguson SJ, Roldan MD, Richardson DJ, Gates AJ. J Biol Chem. 2013.