|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Silver Arsenate||AG-ASO-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Silver Arsenate||AG-ASO-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Silver Arsenate||AG-ASO-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Silver Arsenate||AG-ASO-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Ag3AsO4||462.52||Powder/Lumps||N/A||459.616547||459.616547 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Silver Arsenate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Arsenate compounds contain the arsenate ion, AsO43-, and are moderately oxidizing salts or esters of arsenic acid that are typically very toxic. Arsenates are used in some wood preservatives, finishing agents, and as reagents in various chemical reactions. Researchers from the University of Southampton and the University of Bath combined barium hydroxide and arsenate to create a novel lightweight, structurally complex set of anoporous zeotype structures that may be beneficial for hydrogen storage and other industrial applications that require nanoporous materials. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia)and follows applicable ASTM testing standards.Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Silver (atomic symbol: Ag, atomic number: 47) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 107.8682. The number of electrons in each of Silver's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Kr]4d10 5s1. The silver atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 203 pm. Silver was first discovered by Early Man prior to 5000 BC. In its elemental form, silver has a brilliant white metallic luster. It is a little harder than gold and is very ductile and malleable, being exceeded only by gold and perhaps palladium. Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals and possesses the lowest contact resistance. It is stable in pure air and water, but tarnishes when exposed to ozone, hydrogen sulfide, or air containing sulfur. It is found in copper, copper-nickel, lead, and lead-zinc ores, among others. Silver was named after the Anglo-Saxon word "seolfor" or "siolfur," meaning 'silver'. For more information on silver, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silver products, visit the Silver element page.
Arsenic (atomic symbol: As, atomic number: 33) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 4 element with an atomic radius of 74.92160. The number of electrons in each of arsenic's shells is 2, 8, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p3. The arsenic atom has a radius of 119 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 185 pm. Arsenic was discovered in the early Bronze Age, circa 2500 BC. It was first isolated by Albertus Magnus in 1250 AD. In its elemental form, arsenic is a metallic grey, brittle, crystalline, semimetallic solid. Arsenic is found in numerous minerals including arsenolite (As2O3), arsenopyrite (FeAsS), loellingite (FeAs2), orpiment (As2S3), and realgar (As4S4). Arsenic has numerous applications as a semiconductor and other electronic applications as indium arsenide, silicon arsenide and tin arsenide. Arsenic is finding increasing uses as a doping agent in solid-state devices such as transistors. For more information on arsenic, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of arsenic products, visit the Arsenic element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Hazard Codes||T, N|
|Transport Information||UN 1557 6.1/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SILVER ARSENATE SYNONYMS|
|Trisilver(1+) arsenate, Trisilver arsorate, Arsenic acid (H3AsO4), trisilver(1+) salt, trisilver arsenate|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silver
- Optimization of sporicidal activity and environmental Bacillus endospores decontamination by biogenic silver nanoparticle.. Gopinath PM, Dhanasekaran D, Ranjani A, Thajuddin N, Akbarsha MA, Velmurugan M, Panneerselvam A.. Future Microbiol. 2015 May
- Toxicity of silver nanoparticles to human dermal fibroblasts on microRNA level.. Huang Y, Lü X, Ma J.. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2014 Nov
- Toxicity of silver and gold nanoparticles on marine microalgae.. Moreno-Garrido I, Pérez S, Blasco J.. Mar Environ Res. 2015 May 16.
- Photonic Crystal Fiber-Based Surface Plasmon Resonance Sensor with Selective Analyte Channels and Graphene-Silver Deposited Core.. Rifat AA, Mahdiraji GA, Chow DM, Shee YG, Ahmed R, Adikan FR.. Sensors (Basel). 2015 May 19
- Accumulation of silver by Fucus spp. (Phaeophyceae) and its toxicity to Fucus ceranoides under different salinity regimes.. Ramesh K, Berry S, Brown MT.. Ecotoxicology. 2015 May 23.
- Colorimetric detection of iron ions (III) based on the highly sensitive plasmonic response of the N-acetyl-l-cysteine-stabilized silver nanoparticles.. Gao X, Lu Y, He S, Li X, Chen W.. Anal Chim Acta. 2015 Jun 16
- In vitro permeability of silver nanoparticles through porcine oromucosal membrane.. Mauro M, Crosera M, Bianco C, Bellomo F, Bovenzi M, Adami G, Larese Filon F.. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015 May 5
- Annona muricata leaf extract-mediated silver nanoparticles synthesis and its larvicidal potential against dengue, malaria and filariasis vector.. Santhosh SB, Yuvarajan R, Natarajan D.. Parasitol Res. 2015 May 24.
- pH-Triggered Controllable Release of Silver-Indole-3 Acetic Acid Complexes from Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles (IBN-4) for Effectively Killing Malignant Bacteria.. Kuthati Y, Kankala RK, Lin SX, Weng CF, Lee CH.. Mol Pharm. 2015 May 21.
- Adsorption and sub-nanomolar sensing of thioflavin T on colloidal gold nanoparticles, silver nanoparticles and silver-coated films studied using surface-enhanced Raman scattering.. Maiti N, Chadha R, Das A, Kapoor S.. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 May 19
- Molecular mechanism of silver nanoparticles in human intestinal cells.. Böhmert L, Niemann B, Lichtenstein D, Juling S, Lampen A.. Nanotoxicology. 2015 May 21:1-9.
Recent Research & Development for Arsenates
- Draft Genome Sequence of Anaeromyxobacter sp. Strain PSR-1, an Arsenate-Respiring Bacterium Isolated from Arsenic-Contaminated Soil.. Tonomura M, Ehara A, Suzuki H, Amachi S.. Genome Announc. 2015 May 14
- Preparation and properties of a new solid state arsenate As(V) ion selective electrode and its application.. Somer G, Yilmaz UT, Kalaycı Ş.. Talanta. 2015 Sep 1
- Characterization, real-time quantification and in silico modeling of arsenate reductase (arsC) genes in arsenic-resistant Herbaspirillum sp. GW103.. Govarthanan M, Lee SM, Kamala-Kannan S, Oh BT.. Res Microbiol. 2015 Apr
- Effect of post-treatment processing on copper migration from Douglas-fir lumber treated with ammoniacal copper zinc arsenate.. Ye M, Morrell JJ.. J Environ Manage. 2015 Apr 1
- Three-dimensional Fe3O4-graphene macroscopic composites for arsenic and arsenate removal.. Guo L, Ye P, Wang J, Fu F, Wu Z.. J Hazard Mater. 2015 May 14
- Understanding Regeneration of Arsenate-Loaded Ferric Hydroxide-Based Adsorbents.. Chaudhary BK, Farrell J.. Environ Eng Sci. 2015 Apr 1
- Effect of post-treatment processing on copper migration from Douglas-fir lumber treated with ammoniacal copper zinc arsenate. Ye M, Morrell JJ. J Environ Manage. 2015 Apr 1: J Environ Manage
- Understanding Regeneration of Arsenate-Loaded Ferric Hydroxide-Based Adsorbents. Chaudhary BK, Farrell J. Environ Eng Sci. 2015 Apr 1: Environ Eng Sci
- Effect of post-treatment processing on copper migration from Douglas-fir lumber treated with ammoniacal copper zinc arsenate. Ye M, Morrell JJ. J Environ Manage. 2015 Apr 1
- Enhanced removal performance of arsenate and arsenite by magnetic graphene oxide with high iron oxide loading. Yu F, Sun S, Ma J, Han S. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Jan 28