|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Silver Sulfate||AG-SAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Silver Sulfate||AG-SAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Silver Sulfate||AG-SAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Silver Sulfate||AG-SAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Ag2SO4||313.80||White Crystals||652 °C, 925 K, 1206 °F||1085 °C, 1358 K, 1985 °F||5.45 g/cm3||311.762 g/mol||309.761902 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Silver Sulfate is a moderately water and acid soluble Silver source for uses compatible with sulfates.Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar cells and fuel cells. Silver Sulfate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Silver Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Silver (atomic symbol: Ag, atomic number: 47) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 107.8682. The number of electrons in each of Silver's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Kr]4d10 5s1. The silver atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 203 pm. Silver was first discovered by Early Man prior to 5000 BC. In its elemental form, silver has a brilliant white metallic luster. It is a little harder than gold and is very ductile and malleable, being exceeded only by gold and perhaps palladium. Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals and possesses the lowest contact resistance. It is stable in pure air and water, but tarnishes when exposed to ozone, hydrogen sulfide, or air containing sulfur. It is found in copper, copper-nickel, lead, and lead-zinc ores, among others. Silver was named after the Anglo-Saxon word "seolfor" or "siolfur," meaning 'silver'. For more information on silver, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silver products, visit the Silver element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SILVER SULFATE SYNONYMS|
|Disilver(1+) sulfate, Sulfuric acid disilver(I) salt, Disilver monosulfate, Disilver sulfate, Disilver(1+) sulfate|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silver
- Optimization of sporicidal activity and environmental Bacillus endospores decontamination by biogenic silver nanoparticle.. Gopinath PM, Dhanasekaran D, Ranjani A, Thajuddin N, Akbarsha MA, Velmurugan M, Panneerselvam A.. Future Microbiol. 2015 May
- Toxicity of silver nanoparticles to human dermal fibroblasts on microRNA level.. Huang Y, Lü X, Ma J.. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2014 Nov
- Toxicity of silver and gold nanoparticles on marine microalgae.. Moreno-Garrido I, Pérez S, Blasco J.. Mar Environ Res. 2015 May 16.
- Photonic Crystal Fiber-Based Surface Plasmon Resonance Sensor with Selective Analyte Channels and Graphene-Silver Deposited Core.. Rifat AA, Mahdiraji GA, Chow DM, Shee YG, Ahmed R, Adikan FR.. Sensors (Basel). 2015 May 19
- Accumulation of silver by Fucus spp. (Phaeophyceae) and its toxicity to Fucus ceranoides under different salinity regimes.. Ramesh K, Berry S, Brown MT.. Ecotoxicology. 2015 May 23.
- Colorimetric detection of iron ions (III) based on the highly sensitive plasmonic response of the N-acetyl-l-cysteine-stabilized silver nanoparticles.. Gao X, Lu Y, He S, Li X, Chen W.. Anal Chim Acta. 2015 Jun 16
- In vitro permeability of silver nanoparticles through porcine oromucosal membrane.. Mauro M, Crosera M, Bianco C, Bellomo F, Bovenzi M, Adami G, Larese Filon F.. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015 May 5
- Annona muricata leaf extract-mediated silver nanoparticles synthesis and its larvicidal potential against dengue, malaria and filariasis vector.. Santhosh SB, Yuvarajan R, Natarajan D.. Parasitol Res. 2015 May 24.
- pH-Triggered Controllable Release of Silver-Indole-3 Acetic Acid Complexes from Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles (IBN-4) for Effectively Killing Malignant Bacteria.. Kuthati Y, Kankala RK, Lin SX, Weng CF, Lee CH.. Mol Pharm. 2015 May 21.
- Adsorption and sub-nanomolar sensing of thioflavin T on colloidal gold nanoparticles, silver nanoparticles and silver-coated films studied using surface-enhanced Raman scattering.. Maiti N, Chadha R, Das A, Kapoor S.. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 May 19
- Molecular mechanism of silver nanoparticles in human intestinal cells.. Böhmert L, Niemann B, Lichtenstein D, Juling S, Lampen A.. Nanotoxicology. 2015 May 21:1-9.
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- Beneficial effects of the traditional medicine Igongsan and its constituent ergosterol on dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice.. Kim SJ, Shin HJ, Lee GH, Kim DS, Kim HL, Park J, Jung Y, Youn DH, Kang J, Hong SH, Um JY.. Mol Med Rep. 2015 May 22.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, a useful endogenous probe for evaluation of drug-drug interaction on hepatic organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) in cynomolgus monkeys.. Watanabe M, Watanabe T, Yabuki M, Tamai I.. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2015 Apr
- Acetoclastic methanogenesis is likely the dominant biochemical pathway of palmitate degradation in the presence of sulfate.. Lv L, Mbadinga SM, Wang LY, Liu JF, Gu JD, Mu BZ, Yang SZ.. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015 May 20.
- Neuroprotective properties of dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate and its relationship to interleukin 6 after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a prospective cohort study.. Höllig A, Thiel M, Stoffel-Wagner B, Coburn M, Clusmann H.. Crit Care. 2015 May 21
- Effectiveness of levulinic acid and sodium dodecyl sulfate employed as a sanitizer during harvest or packing of cantaloupes contaminated with Salmonella Poona.. Webb CC, Erickson MC, Davey LE, Doyle MP.. Int J Food Microbiol. 2015 May 2
- Entamoeba mitosomes play an important role in encystation by association with cholesteryl sulfate synthesis.. Mi-Ichi F, Miyamoto T, Takao S, Jeelani G, Hashimoto T, Hara H, Nozaki T, Yoshida H.. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 May 18.
- Production of Sulfate Radical and Hydroxyl Radical by Reaction of Ozone with Peroxymonosulfate: A Novel Advanced Oxidation Process.. Yang Y, Jiang J, Lu X, Ma J, Liu Y.. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 May 19.
- Dominance of sulfur-fueled iron oxide reduction in low-sulfate freshwater sediments. Hansel CM, Lentini CJ, Tang Y, Johnston DT, Wankel SD, Jardine PM. ISME J. 2015 Apr 14.: ISME J
- Strawberry Phytochemicals Inhibit Azoxymethane/Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Crj: CD-1 Mice. Shi N, Clinton SK, Liu Z, Wang Y, Riedl KM, Schwartz SJ, Zhang X, Pan Z, Chen T. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 10