Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-02-12HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-03-12HYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-04-12HYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-05-12HYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|AlK(SO4)2• 12H2O||7784-24-9||N/A||62667||MFCD00149143||233-141-3||aluminum; potassium; disulfate; dodecahydrate||N/A||[Al+3].[K+].[O-]
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H24AlKO20S2||474.39||Clear to white crystals||92 °C||N/A||1.757 g/cm3||473.97548||473.97548||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Aluminum Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum element page.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ALUMINUM POTASSIUM SULFATE DODECAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Alum; Alum, potassium; Alum, potassium, dodecahydrate; aluminium potassium sulfate 12-hydrate; Aluminium potassium sulfate dodecahydrate; aluminium potassium sulphate 12-hydrate; Aluminum potassium disulfate dodecahydrate; Aluminum potassium sulfate (1:1:2) dodecahydrate; aluminum potassium sulfate 12-hydrate; Kalinite; Potassium alum; Potassium alum dodecahydrate|
CUSTOMERS FOR ALUMINUM POTASSIUM SULFATE DODECAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Aluminum Wire||Aluminum Copper Silicon Metal||Aluminum Oxide Pellets||Aluminum Metal||Aluminum Acetate|
|Aluminum Foil||Aluminum Acetylacetonate||Aluminum Pellets||Aluminum Vanadium Alloy||Aluminum Chloride|
|Aluminum Nanoparticles||Aluminum Powder||Aluminum Sputtering Target||Aluminum Nitrate||Aluminum Oxide|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Aluminum|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Condensate Microdrop Self-Propelling Aluminum Surfaces Based on Controllable Fabrication of Alumina Rod -Capped Nanopore Structures.. Zhao Y, Luo Y, Li J, Yin F, Zhu J, Gao X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 18.
- Helical growth of aluminum nitride: new insights into its growth habit from nanostructures to single crystals.. Zhang XH, Shao RW, Jin L, Wang JY, Zheng K, Zhao CL, Han JC, Chen B, Sekiguchi T, Zhang Z, Zou J, Song B.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 15
- Hardness and wear resistance of carbon nanotube reinforced aluminum-copper matrix composites.. Nam DH, Kim JH, Cha SI, Jung SI, Lee JK, Park HM, Park HD, Hong H.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Co-Ni alloy nanowires prepared by anodic aluminum oxide template via electrochemical deposition.. Kwag YG, Ha JK, Kim HS, Cho HJ, Cho KK.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Suspended 2-D photonic crystal aluminum nitride membrane reflector.. Ho CP, Pitchappa P, Soon BW, Lee C.. Opt Express. 2015 Apr 20
- A molecular beacon biosensor based on the nanostructured aluminum oxide surface.. Che X, He Y, Yin H, Que L.. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 May 9
- Efficacy and safety of aluminum chloride in controlling external hemorrhage: an animal model study.. Nouri S, Sharif MR, Panahi Y, Ghanei M, Jamali B.. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2015 Mar 20
- Quaternary polymethacrylate-magnesium aluminum silicate films: Water uptake kinetics and film permeability.. Rongthong T, Sungthongjeen S, Siepmann F, Siepmann J, Pongjanyakul T.. Int J Pharm. 2015 May 21.
- Coagulation behavior and floc properties of compound bioflocculant-polyaluminum chloride dual-coagulants and polymeric aluminum in low temperature surface water treatment. Huang X, Sun S, Gao B, Yue Q, Wang Y, Li Q. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Apr 1: J Environ Sci (China)
- Tannoid principles of Emblica officinalis renovate cognitive deficits and attenuate amyloid pathologies against aluminum chloride induced rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Justin Thenmozhi A, Dhivyabharathi M, William Raja TR, Manivasagam T, Mohamed Essa M. Nutr Neurosci. 2015 Apr 4. : Nutr Neurosci
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Potassium Bicarbonate Supplementation Lowers Bone Turnover and Calcium Excretion in Older Men and Women: A Randomized Dose-Finding Trial.. Dawson-Hughes B, Harris SS, Palermo NJ, Gilhooly CH, Shea MK, Fielding RA, Ceglia L.. J Bone Miner Res. 2015 May 19.
- Range-resolved detection of potassium chloride using picosecond differential absorption light detection and ranging.. Leffler T, Brackmann C, Ehn A, Kaldvee B, Aldén M, Berg M, Bood J.. Appl Opt. 2015 Feb 10
- Daily Sodium and Potassium Excretion Can Be Estimated by Scheduled Spot Urine Collections.. Doenyas-Barak K, Beberashvili I, Bar-Chaim A, Averbukh Z, Vogel O, Efrati S.. Nephron. 2015 May 19.
- ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channel Activation Induces Angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo.. Umaru B, Pyriochou A, Kotsikoris V, Papapetropoulos A, Topouzis S.. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2015 May 14.
- An Ankyrin-G N-terminal gate and casein kinase 2 dually regulate binding of voltage-gated sodium and KCNQ2/3 potassium channels.. Xu M, Cooper EC.. J Biol Chem. 2015 May 21.
- Effects of 3,5-Diiodotyrosine and Potassium Iodide on Thyroid Function and Oxidative Stress in Iodine-Excess Wistar Rats.. Liu D, Lin X, Yu F, Zhang M, Chen H, Bao W, Wang X.. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 May 24.
- Effect of cationic molecules on the oxygen reduction reaction on fuel cell grade Pt/C (20 wt%) catalyst in potassium hydroxide (aq, 1 mol dm-3). Ong AL, Inglis KK, Whelligan DK, Murphy S, Varcoe JR. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Apr 16. : Phys Chem Chem Phys
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- Beneficial effects of the traditional medicine Igongsan and its constituent ergosterol on dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice.. Kim SJ, Shin HJ, Lee GH, Kim DS, Kim HL, Park J, Jung Y, Youn DH, Kang J, Hong SH, Um JY.. Mol Med Rep. 2015 May 22.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, a useful endogenous probe for evaluation of drug-drug interaction on hepatic organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) in cynomolgus monkeys.. Watanabe M, Watanabe T, Yabuki M, Tamai I.. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2015 Apr
- Acetoclastic methanogenesis is likely the dominant biochemical pathway of palmitate degradation in the presence of sulfate.. Lv L, Mbadinga SM, Wang LY, Liu JF, Gu JD, Mu BZ, Yang SZ.. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015 May 20.
- Neuroprotective properties of dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate and its relationship to interleukin 6 after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a prospective cohort study.. Höllig A, Thiel M, Stoffel-Wagner B, Coburn M, Clusmann H.. Crit Care. 2015 May 21
- Effectiveness of levulinic acid and sodium dodecyl sulfate employed as a sanitizer during harvest or packing of cantaloupes contaminated with Salmonella Poona.. Webb CC, Erickson MC, Davey LE, Doyle MP.. Int J Food Microbiol. 2015 May 2
- Entamoeba mitosomes play an important role in encystation by association with cholesteryl sulfate synthesis.. Mi-Ichi F, Miyamoto T, Takao S, Jeelani G, Hashimoto T, Hara H, Nozaki T, Yoshida H.. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 May 18.
- Production of Sulfate Radical and Hydroxyl Radical by Reaction of Ozone with Peroxymonosulfate: A Novel Advanced Oxidation Process.. Yang Y, Jiang J, Lu X, Ma J, Liu Y.. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 May 19.
- Dominance of sulfur-fueled iron oxide reduction in low-sulfate freshwater sediments. Hansel CM, Lentini CJ, Tang Y, Johnston DT, Wankel SD, Jardine PM. ISME J. 2015 Apr 14.: ISME J
- Strawberry Phytochemicals Inhibit Azoxymethane/Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Crj: CD-1 Mice. Shi N, Clinton SK, Liu Z, Wang Y, Riedl KM, Schwartz SJ, Zhang X, Pan Z, Chen T. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 10