Aluminum Boron Alloy
Al-B Metal Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Al-97% B-3%||AL-BO-01-P.3B||Request Quote|
|Al-96% B-4%||AL-BO-01-P.4B||Request Quote|
|Al-95% B-5%||AL-BO-01-P.5B||Request Quote|
|Al-90% B-10%||AL-BO-01-P.10B||Request Quote|
Aluminum Boron is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Generally immediately available in most volumes, AE Alloys™ are available as bar, ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum element page.
Boron (atomic symbol: B, atomic number: 5) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 10.81. The number of electrons in each of boron's shells is 2, 3 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p1. The boron atom has a radius of 90 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Boron was discovered by Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac and Louis Jacques Thénard in 1808. It was first isolated by Humphry Davy, also in 1808. Boron is classified as a metalloid is not found naturally on earth. Along with carbon and nitrogen, boron is one of the few elements in the periodic table known to form stable compounds featuring triple bonds. Boron has an energy band gap of 1.50 to 1.56 eV, which is higher than that of either silicon or germanium. Boron is found in borates, borax, boric acid, colemanite, kernite, and ulexite.The name Boron originates from a combination of carbon and the Arabic word buraqu meaning borax. For more information on boron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of boron products, visit the Boron element page.
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Condensate Microdrop Self-Propelling Aluminum Surfaces Based on Controllable Fabrication of Alumina Rod -Capped Nanopore Structures.. Zhao Y, Luo Y, Li J, Yin F, Zhu J, Gao X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 18.
- Helical growth of aluminum nitride: new insights into its growth habit from nanostructures to single crystals.. Zhang XH, Shao RW, Jin L, Wang JY, Zheng K, Zhao CL, Han JC, Chen B, Sekiguchi T, Zhang Z, Zou J, Song B.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 15
- Hardness and wear resistance of carbon nanotube reinforced aluminum-copper matrix composites.. Nam DH, Kim JH, Cha SI, Jung SI, Lee JK, Park HM, Park HD, Hong H.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Co-Ni alloy nanowires prepared by anodic aluminum oxide template via electrochemical deposition.. Kwag YG, Ha JK, Kim HS, Cho HJ, Cho KK.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Suspended 2-D photonic crystal aluminum nitride membrane reflector.. Ho CP, Pitchappa P, Soon BW, Lee C.. Opt Express. 2015 Apr 20
- A molecular beacon biosensor based on the nanostructured aluminum oxide surface.. Che X, He Y, Yin H, Que L.. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 May 9
- Efficacy and safety of aluminum chloride in controlling external hemorrhage: an animal model study.. Nouri S, Sharif MR, Panahi Y, Ghanei M, Jamali B.. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2015 Mar 20
- Quaternary polymethacrylate-magnesium aluminum silicate films: Water uptake kinetics and film permeability.. Rongthong T, Sungthongjeen S, Siepmann F, Siepmann J, Pongjanyakul T.. Int J Pharm. 2015 May 21.
- Coagulation behavior and floc properties of compound bioflocculant-polyaluminum chloride dual-coagulants and polymeric aluminum in low temperature surface water treatment. Huang X, Sun S, Gao B, Yue Q, Wang Y, Li Q. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Apr 1: J Environ Sci (China)
- Tannoid principles of Emblica officinalis renovate cognitive deficits and attenuate amyloid pathologies against aluminum chloride induced rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Justin Thenmozhi A, Dhivyabharathi M, William Raja TR, Manivasagam T, Mohamed Essa M. Nutr Neurosci. 2015 Apr 4. : Nutr Neurosci
Recent Research & Development for Boron
- Controlled Synthesis of ZrS2 Monolayer and Few-layers on Hexagonal Boron Nitride.. Zhang M, Zhu Y, Wang X, Feng Q, Qiao S, Wen W, Chen Y, Cui M, Zhang J, Cai C, Xie L.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 May 21.
- PMMA functionalized boron nitride sheets as nanofillers.. Cui Z, Martinez AP, Adamson DH.. Nanoscale. 2015 May 19.
- Ultralight boron nitride aerogels via template-assisted chemical vapor deposition.. Song Y, Li B, Yang S, Ding G, Zhang C, Xie X.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 15
- Epitaxial Growth of a Single-Crystal Hybridized Boron Nitride and Graphene Layer on a Wide-Band Gap Semiconductor.. Shin HC, Jang Y, Kim TH, Lee JH, Oh DH, Ahn SJ, Lee JH, Moon Y, Park JH, Yoo SJ, Park CY, Whang D, Yang CW, Ahn JR.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 May 22.
- Flexible Boron-Doped Laser-Induced Graphene Microsupercapacitors.. Peng Z, Ye R, Mann JA, Zakhidov D, Li Y, Smalley PR, Lin J, Tour JM.. ACS Nano. 2015 May 19.
- Thermal conductivity of polymer-based composites with magnetic aligned hexagonal boron nitride platelets.. Yuan C, Duan B, Li L, Xie B, Huang M, Luo X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 21.
- Opening of triangular hole in triangular-shaped chemical vapor deposited hexagonal boron nitride crystal.. Sharma S, Kalita G, Vishwakarma R, Zulkifli Z, Tanemura M.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 21
- Negative differential resistance in boron nitride graphene heterostructures: physical mechanisms and size scaling analysis.. Zhao Y, Wan Z, Xu X, Patil SR, Hetmaniuk U, Anantram MP.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 20
- Communication: Water on hexagonal boron nitride from diffusion Monte Carlo.. Al-Hamdani YS, Ma M, Alfè D, von Lilienfeld OA, Michaelides A.. J Chem Phys. 2015 May 14
- Synthesis and Charge-Transfer Dynamics in a Ferrocene-Containing Organoboryl aza-BODIPY Donor-Acceptor Triad with Boron as the Hub. Maligaspe E, Pundsack TJ, Albert LM, Zatsikha YV, Solntsev PV, Blank DA, Nemykin VN. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 30. : Inorg Chem