Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex
(CH3)2S • BBr3
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|(CH3)2S • BBr3||29957-59-3||24854866||4181510||MFCD00043296||N/A|| tribromo
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2H6BBr3S||312.66||Yellow, red, orange, or brown liquid||106-108 °C
|N/A||1.456 g/mL||311.781293||309.783325 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Boron (atomic symbol: B, atomic number: 5) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 10.81. The number of electrons in each of boron's shells is 2, 3 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p1. The boron atom has a radius of 90 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Boron was discovered by Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac and Louis Jacques Thénard in 1808. It was first isolated by Humphry Davy, also in 1808. Boron is classified as a metalloid is not found naturally on earth. Along with carbon and nitrogen, boron is one of the few elements in the periodic table known to form stable compounds featuring triple bonds. Boron has an energy band gap of 1.50 to 1.56 eV, which is higher than that of either silicon or germanium. Boron is found in borates, borax, boric acid, colemanite, kernite, and ulexite.The name Boron originates from a combination of carbon and the Arabic word buraqu meaning borax. For more information on boron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of boron products, visit the Boron element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3265 8/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BORON TRIBROMIDE DIMETHYL SULFIDE COMPLEX SYNONYMS|
|Dimethyl sulfide-tribromoborane; Tribromoborane-methyl sulfide; Tribromo[(methylsulfanyl)methane]boron; Boron tribromide dimethyl sulfide complex solution; tribromo(sulfide)boron; Boron tribromide dimethyl sulfide complex; Dimethyl sulfide-tribromoborane; Tribromoborane-methyl sulfide; tribromo-dimethylsulfonioboron|
CUSTOMERS FOR BORON TRIBROMIDE DIMETHYL SULFIDE COMPLEX HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Boron Pellets||Boron Rod||Boron Bars||Aluminum Boron Alloy||Boron Oxide Nanopowder|
|Boron Chloride||Boron Metal||Boron Oxide||Boron Oxide Pellets||Boron Phosphate|
|Boron Powder||Boron Foil||Boron Sputtering Target||Nickel Silicon Boron Alloy||Boron NanoPowder|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Boron|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Boron
- Controlled Synthesis of ZrS2 Monolayer and Few-layers on Hexagonal Boron Nitride.. Zhang M, Zhu Y, Wang X, Feng Q, Qiao S, Wen W, Chen Y, Cui M, Zhang J, Cai C, Xie L.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 May 21.
- PMMA functionalized boron nitride sheets as nanofillers.. Cui Z, Martinez AP, Adamson DH.. Nanoscale. 2015 May 19.
- Ultralight boron nitride aerogels via template-assisted chemical vapor deposition.. Song Y, Li B, Yang S, Ding G, Zhang C, Xie X.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 15
- Epitaxial Growth of a Single-Crystal Hybridized Boron Nitride and Graphene Layer on a Wide-Band Gap Semiconductor.. Shin HC, Jang Y, Kim TH, Lee JH, Oh DH, Ahn SJ, Lee JH, Moon Y, Park JH, Yoo SJ, Park CY, Whang D, Yang CW, Ahn JR.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 May 22.
- Flexible Boron-Doped Laser-Induced Graphene Microsupercapacitors.. Peng Z, Ye R, Mann JA, Zakhidov D, Li Y, Smalley PR, Lin J, Tour JM.. ACS Nano. 2015 May 19.
- Thermal conductivity of polymer-based composites with magnetic aligned hexagonal boron nitride platelets.. Yuan C, Duan B, Li L, Xie B, Huang M, Luo X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 21.
- Opening of triangular hole in triangular-shaped chemical vapor deposited hexagonal boron nitride crystal.. Sharma S, Kalita G, Vishwakarma R, Zulkifli Z, Tanemura M.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 21
- Negative differential resistance in boron nitride graphene heterostructures: physical mechanisms and size scaling analysis.. Zhao Y, Wan Z, Xu X, Patil SR, Hetmaniuk U, Anantram MP.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 20
- Communication: Water on hexagonal boron nitride from diffusion Monte Carlo.. Al-Hamdani YS, Ma M, Alfè D, von Lilienfeld OA, Michaelides A.. J Chem Phys. 2015 May 14
- Synthesis and Charge-Transfer Dynamics in a Ferrocene-Containing Organoboryl aza-BODIPY Donor-Acceptor Triad with Boron as the Hub. Maligaspe E, Pundsack TJ, Albert LM, Zatsikha YV, Solntsev PV, Blank DA, Nemykin VN. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 30. : Inorg Chem
Recent Research & Development for Sulfides
- Development of the Transferable Potentials for Phase Equilibria Model for Hydrogen Sulfide.. Shah MS, Tsapatsis M, Siepmann JI.. J Phys Chem B. 2015 May 18.
- 8-Mercapto-Cyclic GMP Mediates Hydrogen Sulfide-Induced Stomatal Closure in Arabidopsis.. Honda K, Yamada N, Yoshida R, Ihara H, Sawa T, Akaike T, Iwai S.. Plant Cell Physiol. 2015 May 14.
- Microbial diversity and the implications of sulfide levels in an anaerobic reactor used to remove an anionic surfactant from laundry wastewater.. Delforno TP, Moura AG, Okada DY, Sakamoto IK, Varesche MB.. Bioresour Technol. 2015 May 20
- A tetraphenylimidazole-based fluorescent probe for the detection of hydrogen sulfide and its application in living cells.. Gu B, Mi N, Zhang Y, Yin P, Li H, Yao S.. Anal Chim Acta. 2015 Jun 16
- Hydrogen Sulfide-Based Anti-Inflammatory and Chemopreventive Therapies: An Experimental Approach.. Flannigan KL, Wallace JL.. Curr Pharm Des. 2015 May 13.
- Formation of Copper Zinc Tin Sulfide Thin Films from Colloidal Nanocrystal Dispersions via Aerosol-Jet Printing and Compaction.. Williams BA, Mahajan A, Smeaton MA, Holgate CS, Aydil ES, Francis LF.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 19.
- A highly efficient flexible dye-sensitized solar cell based on nickel sulfide/platinum/titanium counter electrode.. Yue G, Ma X, Zhang W, Li F, Wu J, Li G.. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 Jan 10
- Facile assembly of oppositely charged silver sulfide nanoparticles into photoluminescent mesoporous nanospheres. Tan L, Liu S, Yang Q, Shen YM. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 15.
- Cadmium sulfide quantum dots induce oxydative-stress and behavioural impairments in the marine clam Scrobicularia plana. Buffet PE, Zalouk-Vergnoux A, Poirier L, Lopes C, Risso-de Faverney C, Guibbolini M, Gilliland D, Perrein-Ettajani H, Valsami-Jones E, Mouneyrac C. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hexametaphosphate-Capped Silica Mesoporous Nanoparticles Containing CuII Complexes for the Selective and Sensitive Optical Detection of Hydrogen Sulfide in Water. El Sayed S, Milani M, Licchelli M, Martínez-Máñez R, Sancenón F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.