|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Beryllium Nitride||BE-N-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Beryllium Nitride||BE-N-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Beryllium Nitride||BE-N-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Beryllium Nitride||BE-N-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Be3N2||55.0499||yellow or white powder||2200 °C|| 2240 °C
|2.71 g/cm3||N/A||N/A||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Beryllium Nitride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Beryllium (atomic symbol: Be, atomic number: 4) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 9.012182. The number of electrons in each of Beryllium's shells is [2, 2] and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2. The beryllium atom has a radius of 112 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 153 pm. Beryllium is a relatively rare element in the earth's crust; it can be found in minerals such as bertrandite, chrysoberyl, phenakite, and beryl, its most common source for commercial production. Beryllium was discovered by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin in 1797 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler and Antoine Bussy in 1828. In its elemental form, beryllium has a gray metallic appearance. It is a soft metal that is both strong and brittle; its low density and high thermal conductivity make it useful for aerospace and military applications. It is also frequently used in X-ray equipment and particle physics. The origin of the name Beryllium comes from the Greek word "beryllos," meaning beryl. For more information on beryllium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of beryllium products, visit the Beryllium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN1566 6.1/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BERYLLIUM NITRID SYNONYMS|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Beryllium
- Dispersion and monochromatization of x-rays using a beryllium prism.. Burza M, Enquist H, Jurgilaitis A, Nygaard J, Larsson J.. Opt Express. 2015 Jan 26
- The beryllium bronchoalveolar lavage lymphocyte proliferation test: indicator of beryllium sensitization, inflammation or both?. Heldt GH, Deubner DC.. Inhal Toxicol. 2015 May 5:1-10.
- Beryllium Concentrations at European Workplaces: Comparison of 'Total' and Inhalable Particulate Measurements.. Kock H, Civic T, Koch W.. Ann Occup Hyg. 2015 Mar 25.
- Determination of picomolar beryllium levels in seawater with inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry following silica-gel preconcentration.. Tazoe H, Yamagata T, Obata H, Nagai H.. Anal Chim Acta. 2014 Dec 10
- Beryllium fluoride exchange rate accelerated by Mg²⁺ as discovered by ¹⁹F NMR.. Liu Y, Mao XA, Liu M, Jiang L.. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Jan 8
- Computational evaluation of unsaturated carbonitriles as neutral receptor model for beryllium(II) recognition.. Rosli AN, Ahmad MR, Alias Y, Zain SM, Lee VS, Woi PM.. J Mol Model. 2014 Dec
- Beryllium bis(diazaborolyl): old neighbors finally shake hands.. Arnold T, Braunschweig H, Ewing WC, Kramer T, Mies J, Schuster JK.. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Jan 14
- Dispersion and monochromatization of x-rays using a beryllium prism. Burza M, Enquist H, Jurgilaitis A, Nygaard J, Larsson J. Opt Express. 2015 Jan 26: Opt Express
- Beryllium fluoride exchange rate accelerated by Mg(2+) as discovered by (19)F NMR. Liu Y, Mao XA, Liu M, Jiang L. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Jan 8
- Adsorption behavior of beryllium(II) on copper-oxide nanoparticles dispersed in water: A model for (7)Be colloid formation in the cooling water for electromagnets at high-energy accelerator facilities. Bessho K, Kanaya N, Shimada S, Katsuta S, Monjushiro H. Anal Sci. 2014
Recent Research & Development for Nitrides
- Size-dependent resistive switching properties of the active region in nickel nitride-based crossbar array resistive random access memory.. Kim HD, Yun MJ, Hong SM, Kim TG.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Thermal conductivity of polymer-based composites with magnetic aligned hexagonal boron nitride platelets.. Yuan C, Duan B, Li L, Xie B, Huang M, Luo X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 21.
- Ultralight boron nitride aerogels via template-assisted chemical vapor deposition.. Song Y, Li B, Yang S, Ding G, Zhang C, Xie X.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 15
- Reactively sputtered nickel nitride as electrocatalytic counter electrode for dye- and quantum dot-sensitized solar cells.. Soo Kang J, Park MA, Kim JY, Ha Park S, Young Chung D, Yu SH, Kim J, Park J, Choi JW, Jae Lee K, Jeong J, Jae Ko M, Ahn KS, Sung YE.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 21
- Communication: Water on hexagonal boron nitride from diffusion Monte Carlo.. Al-Hamdani YS, Ma M, Alfè D, von Lilienfeld OA, Michaelides A.. J Chem Phys. 2015 May 14
- DNA-functionalized silicon nitride nanopores for sequence-specific recognition of DNA biosensor.. Tan S, Wang L, Yu J, Hou C, Jiang R, Li Y, Liu Q.. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 May 1
- Epitaxial Growth of a Single-Crystal Hybridized Boron Nitride and Graphene Layer on a Wide-Band Gap Semiconductor.. Shin HC, Jang Y, Kim TH, Lee JH, Oh DH, Ahn SJ, Lee JH, Moon Y, Park JH, Yoo SJ, Park CY, Whang D, Yang CW, Ahn JR.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 May 22.
- Low-loss silicon nitride waveguide hybridly integrated with colloidal quantum dots.. Xie W, Zhu Y, Aubert T, Verstuyft S, Hens Z, Van Thourhout D.. Opt Express. 2015 May 4
- Suspended 2-D photonic crystal aluminum nitride membrane reflector.. Ho CP, Pitchappa P, Soon BW, Lee C.. Opt Express. 2015 Apr 20
- Opening of triangular hole in triangular-shaped chemical vapor deposited hexagonal boron nitride crystal.. Sharma S, Kalita G, Vishwakarma R, Zulkifli Z, Tanemura M.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 21