(1.0 M in THF)
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Triethylborane Solution (in THF)||TEL-BHC-02-SOLTHF||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Triethylborane Solution (in THF)||TEL-BHC-03-SOLTHF||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Triethylborane Solution (in THF)||TEL-BHC-04-SOLTHF||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Triethylborane Solution (in THF)||TEL-BHC-05-SOLTHF||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C6H15B||97.99||Colorless liquid||-93 °C||95 °C||0.677 g/mL||98.126681||98.126681||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Triethylborane Solution is one of numerous organo-metallic compounds sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Organo-Metallics™ for uses requiring non-aqueous solubility such as recent solar energy and water treatment applications. Similar results can sometimes also be achieved with Nanoparticles and by thin film deposition. Note American Elements additionally supplies many materials as solutions. Triethyl boron Complex is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Additional technical, research and safety information is available.
Boron (atomic symbol: B, atomic number: 5) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 10.81. The number of electrons in each of boron's shells is 2, 3 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p1. The boron atom has a radius of 90 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Boron was discovered by Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac and Louis Jacques Thénard in 1808. It was first isolated by Humphry Davy, also in 1808. Boron is classified as a metalloid is not found naturally on earth. Along with carbon and nitrogen, boron is one of the few elements in the periodic table known to form stable compounds featuring triple bonds. Boron has an energy band gap of 1.50 to 1.56 eV, which is higher than that of either silicon or germanium. Boron is found in borates, borax, boric acid, colemanite, kernite, and ulexite.The name Boron originates from a combination of carbon and the Arabic word buraqu meaning borax. For more information on boron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of boron products, visit the Boron element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3399 4.3/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|Borane-tetrahydrofuran; Triethyl Boron Complex|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Boron
- Controlled Synthesis of ZrS2 Monolayer and Few-layers on Hexagonal Boron Nitride.. Zhang M, Zhu Y, Wang X, Feng Q, Qiao S, Wen W, Chen Y, Cui M, Zhang J, Cai C, Xie L.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 May 21.
- PMMA functionalized boron nitride sheets as nanofillers.. Cui Z, Martinez AP, Adamson DH.. Nanoscale. 2015 May 19.
- Ultralight boron nitride aerogels via template-assisted chemical vapor deposition.. Song Y, Li B, Yang S, Ding G, Zhang C, Xie X.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 15
- Epitaxial Growth of a Single-Crystal Hybridized Boron Nitride and Graphene Layer on a Wide-Band Gap Semiconductor.. Shin HC, Jang Y, Kim TH, Lee JH, Oh DH, Ahn SJ, Lee JH, Moon Y, Park JH, Yoo SJ, Park CY, Whang D, Yang CW, Ahn JR.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 May 22.
- Flexible Boron-Doped Laser-Induced Graphene Microsupercapacitors.. Peng Z, Ye R, Mann JA, Zakhidov D, Li Y, Smalley PR, Lin J, Tour JM.. ACS Nano. 2015 May 19.
- Thermal conductivity of polymer-based composites with magnetic aligned hexagonal boron nitride platelets.. Yuan C, Duan B, Li L, Xie B, Huang M, Luo X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 21.
- Opening of triangular hole in triangular-shaped chemical vapor deposited hexagonal boron nitride crystal.. Sharma S, Kalita G, Vishwakarma R, Zulkifli Z, Tanemura M.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 21
- Negative differential resistance in boron nitride graphene heterostructures: physical mechanisms and size scaling analysis.. Zhao Y, Wan Z, Xu X, Patil SR, Hetmaniuk U, Anantram MP.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 20
- Communication: Water on hexagonal boron nitride from diffusion Monte Carlo.. Al-Hamdani YS, Ma M, Alfè D, von Lilienfeld OA, Michaelides A.. J Chem Phys. 2015 May 14
- Synthesis and Charge-Transfer Dynamics in a Ferrocene-Containing Organoboryl aza-BODIPY Donor-Acceptor Triad with Boron as the Hub. Maligaspe E, Pundsack TJ, Albert LM, Zatsikha YV, Solntsev PV, Blank DA, Nemykin VN. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 30. : Inorg Chem