Calcium Aluminum Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Calcium Aluminum Alloy||CA-AL-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Calcium Aluminum Alloy||CA-AL-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Calcium Aluminum Alloy||CA-AL-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Calcium Aluminum Alloy||CA-AL-05||Request Quote|
Aluminum Alloy is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Calcium (atomic symbol: Ca, atomic number: 20) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 40.078. The number of electrons in each of Calcium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s2. The calcium atom has a radius of 197 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 231 pm. Calcium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. It is the fifth most abundant element in the earth's crust and can be found in minerals such as dolomite, gypsum, plagioclases, amphiboles, pyroxenes and garnets. In its elemental form, calcium has a dull gray-silver appearance. Calcium is a reactive, soft metal that is a member of the alkaline earth elements. It frequently serves as an alloying agent for other metals like aluminum and beryllium; industrial materials like cement and mortar are composed of calcium compounds like calcium carbonate. It is also an biologically essential substance found in teeth, bones, and shells. The name "calcium" originates from the Latin word "calics," meaning lime. For more information on calcium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of calcium products, visit the Calcium element page.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum element page.
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Calcium
- Long-term in-situ oxidation of biogenic uraninite in an alluvial aquifer: impact of dissolved oxygen and calcium.. Lezama Pacheco JS, Cerrato JM, Veeramani H, Alessi DS, Suvorova EI, Bernier-Latmani R, Giammar DE, Long PE, Williams KH, Bargar JR.. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 May 22.
- Calcium carbonate nanoparticles as cancer drug delivery system.. Maleki Dizaj S, Barzegar-Jalali M, Zarrintan MH, Adibkia K, Lotfipour F.. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2015 May 25:1-12.
- Novel doped calcium phosphate-PMMA bone cement composites as levofloxacin delivery systems.. Matos AC, Marques CF, Pinto RV, Ribeiro IA, Gonçalves LM, Vaz MA, Ferreira JM, António AJ, Bettencourt AF.. Int J Pharm. 2015 May 19.
- Palmitoylation targets AKAP79 protein to lipid rafts and promotes its regulation of calcium-sensitive adenylyl cyclase type 8.. Delint-Ramirez I, Willoughby D, Hammond GR, Ayling LJ, Cooper DM.. J Biol Chem. 2015 May 22
- The viability of mouse spermatogonial germ cells on a novel scaffold, containing human serum albumin and calcium phosphate nanoparticles.. Yadegar M, Hekmatimoghaddam SH, Nezami Saridar S, Jebali A.. Iran J Reprod Med. 2015 Mar
- Bioactivity of a Calcium Silicate-based Endodontic Cement (BioRoot RCS): Interactions with Human Periodontal Ligament Cells In Vitro.. Camps J, Jeanneau C, Laurent P, About I.. J Endod. 2015 May 19.
- Isolation and metagenomic characterization of bacteria associated with calcium carbonate and struvite precipitation in a pure moving bed biofilm reactor-membrane bioreactor.. Gonzalez-Martinez A, Leyva-Díaz JC, Rodriguez-Sanchez A, Muñoz-Palazon B, Rivadeneyra A, Poyatos JM, Rivadeneyra MA, Martinez-Toledo MV.. Biofouling. 2015 Apr
- Crystallized nano-sized alpha-tricalcium phosphate from amorphous calcium phosphate: microstructure, cementation and cell response. Vecbiskena L, Gross KA, Riekstina U, Yang TC. Biomed Mater. 2015 Apr 17: Biomed Mater
- Biomechanical comparisons of pull-out strengths after pedicle screw augmentation with hydroxyapatite, calcium phosphate or polymethylmethacrylate in the cadaveric spine. Yi S, Rim DC, Park SW, Murovic JA, Lim J, Park J. World Neurosurg. 2015 Mar 10.
- Fabrication of gelatin-strontium substituted calcium phosphate scaffolds with unidirectional pores for bone tissue engineering. Wu YC, Lin WY, Yang CY, Lee TM. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Mar
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Condensate Microdrop Self-Propelling Aluminum Surfaces Based on Controllable Fabrication of Alumina Rod -Capped Nanopore Structures.. Zhao Y, Luo Y, Li J, Yin F, Zhu J, Gao X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 18.
- Helical growth of aluminum nitride: new insights into its growth habit from nanostructures to single crystals.. Zhang XH, Shao RW, Jin L, Wang JY, Zheng K, Zhao CL, Han JC, Chen B, Sekiguchi T, Zhang Z, Zou J, Song B.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 15
- Hardness and wear resistance of carbon nanotube reinforced aluminum-copper matrix composites.. Nam DH, Kim JH, Cha SI, Jung SI, Lee JK, Park HM, Park HD, Hong H.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Co-Ni alloy nanowires prepared by anodic aluminum oxide template via electrochemical deposition.. Kwag YG, Ha JK, Kim HS, Cho HJ, Cho KK.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Suspended 2-D photonic crystal aluminum nitride membrane reflector.. Ho CP, Pitchappa P, Soon BW, Lee C.. Opt Express. 2015 Apr 20
- A molecular beacon biosensor based on the nanostructured aluminum oxide surface.. Che X, He Y, Yin H, Que L.. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 May 9
- Efficacy and safety of aluminum chloride in controlling external hemorrhage: an animal model study.. Nouri S, Sharif MR, Panahi Y, Ghanei M, Jamali B.. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2015 Mar 20
- Quaternary polymethacrylate-magnesium aluminum silicate films: Water uptake kinetics and film permeability.. Rongthong T, Sungthongjeen S, Siepmann F, Siepmann J, Pongjanyakul T.. Int J Pharm. 2015 May 21.
- Coagulation behavior and floc properties of compound bioflocculant-polyaluminum chloride dual-coagulants and polymeric aluminum in low temperature surface water treatment. Huang X, Sun S, Gao B, Yue Q, Wang Y, Li Q. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Apr 1: J Environ Sci (China)
- Tannoid principles of Emblica officinalis renovate cognitive deficits and attenuate amyloid pathologies against aluminum chloride induced rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Justin Thenmozhi A, Dhivyabharathi M, William Raja TR, Manivasagam T, Mohamed Essa M. Nutr Neurosci. 2015 Apr 4. : Nutr Neurosci