|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Cobalt Sulfate||CO-SAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Cobalt Sulfate||CO-SAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Cobalt Sulfate||CO-SAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Cobalt Sulfate||CO-SAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|N/A||5.45 g/cm3||90.905271||90.905273 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Cobalt Sulfate is a moderately water and acid soluble Cobalt source for uses compatible with sulfates.Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar cells and fuel cells. Cobalt Sulfate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cobalt (atomic symbol: Co, atomic number: 27) is a Block D, Group 9, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.933195. The number of electrons in each of cobalt's shells is 2, 8, 15, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d7 4s2The cobalt atom has a radius of 125 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Cobalt was first discovered by George Brandt in 1732. In its elemental form, cobalt has a lustrous gray appearance. Cobalt is found in cobaltite, erythrite, glaucodot and skutterudite ores. Cobalt produces brilliant blue pigments which have been used since ancient times to color paint and glass. Cobalt is a ferromagnetic metal and is used primarily in the production of magnetic and high-strength superalloys. Co-60, a commercially important radioisotope, is useful as a radioactive tracer and gamma ray source. The origin of the word Cobalt comes from the German word "Kobalt" or "Kobold," which translates as "goblin," "elf" or "evil spirit." For more information on cobalt, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cobalt products, visit the Cobalt element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3077 9/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|COBALT SULFATE SYNONYMS|
|Cobaltous sulfate; Cobalt(2+) sulfate; Sulphuric acid, cobalt(2+) salt (1:1); Cobalt Brown; Cobalt(II) sulfate; Cobalt monosulfate;|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cobalt
- Stacked graphene platelet nanofibers dispersed in the liquid electrolyte of highly efficient cobalt-mediator-based dye-sensitized solar cells.. Li X, Zhou Y, Chen J, Yang J, Zheng Z, Wu W, Hua J, Tian H.. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 May 22.
- Being two is better than one-catalytic reductions with dendrimer encapsulated copper- and copper-cobalt-subnanoparticles.. Ficker M, Petersen JF, Gschneidtner T, Rasmussen AL, Purdy T, Hansen JS, Hansen TH, Husted S, Moth Poulsen K, Olsson E, Christensen JB.. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 May 22.
- Mesoporous Mn- and La-Doped Cerium Oxide/Cobalt Oxide Mixed Metal Catalysts for Methane Oxidation.. Vickers SM, Gholami R, Smith KJ, MacLachlan MJ.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 22.
- One-pot laser-assisted synthesis of porous carbon with embedded magnetic cobalt nanoparticles.. Ghimbeu CM, Sopronyi M, Sima F, Delmotte L, Vaulot C, Zlotea C, Paul-Boncour V, Le Meins JM.. Nanoscale. 2015 May 18.
- The effect of osteoimmunomodulation on the osteogenic effects of cobalt incorporated β-tricalcium phosphate.. Chen Z, Yuen J, Crawford R, Chang J, Wu C, Xiao Y.. Biomaterials. 2015 May 14
- Nickel cobalt oxide hollow nanosponges as advanced electrocatalysts for the oxygen evolution reaction. Zhu C, Wen D, Leubner S, Oschatz M, Liu W, Holzschuh M, Simon F, Kaskel S, Eychmüller A. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 9. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- In-Situ Formation of Hollow Hybrids Composed of Cobalt Sulfides Embedded within Porous Carbon Polyhedra/Carbon Nanotubes for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Wu R, Wang DP, Rui X, Liu B, Zhou K, Law AW, Yan Q, Wei J, Chen Z. Adv Mater. 2015 Apr 9.: Adv Mater
- Efficient oxygen reduction catalysts formed of cobalt phosphide nanoparticle decorated heteroatom-doped mesoporous carbon nanotubes. Chen K, Huang X, Wan C, Liu H. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 9. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- Rapid prototyping for in vitro knee rig investigations of prosthetized knee biomechanics: comparison with cobalt-chromium alloy implant material. Schröder C, Steinbrück A, Müller T, Woiczinski M, Chevalier Y, Weber P, Müller PE, Jansson V. Biomed Res Int. 2015: Biomed Res Int
- Cobalt-catalyzed ammonia borane dehydrocoupling and transfer hydrogenation under aerobic conditions. Pagano JK, Stelmach JP, Waterman R. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 5.
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- Beneficial effects of the traditional medicine Igongsan and its constituent ergosterol on dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice.. Kim SJ, Shin HJ, Lee GH, Kim DS, Kim HL, Park J, Jung Y, Youn DH, Kang J, Hong SH, Um JY.. Mol Med Rep. 2015 May 22.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, a useful endogenous probe for evaluation of drug-drug interaction on hepatic organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) in cynomolgus monkeys.. Watanabe M, Watanabe T, Yabuki M, Tamai I.. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2015 Apr
- Acetoclastic methanogenesis is likely the dominant biochemical pathway of palmitate degradation in the presence of sulfate.. Lv L, Mbadinga SM, Wang LY, Liu JF, Gu JD, Mu BZ, Yang SZ.. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015 May 20.
- Neuroprotective properties of dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate and its relationship to interleukin 6 after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a prospective cohort study.. Höllig A, Thiel M, Stoffel-Wagner B, Coburn M, Clusmann H.. Crit Care. 2015 May 21
- Effectiveness of levulinic acid and sodium dodecyl sulfate employed as a sanitizer during harvest or packing of cantaloupes contaminated with Salmonella Poona.. Webb CC, Erickson MC, Davey LE, Doyle MP.. Int J Food Microbiol. 2015 May 2
- Entamoeba mitosomes play an important role in encystation by association with cholesteryl sulfate synthesis.. Mi-Ichi F, Miyamoto T, Takao S, Jeelani G, Hashimoto T, Hara H, Nozaki T, Yoshida H.. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 May 18.
- Production of Sulfate Radical and Hydroxyl Radical by Reaction of Ozone with Peroxymonosulfate: A Novel Advanced Oxidation Process.. Yang Y, Jiang J, Lu X, Ma J, Liu Y.. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 May 19.
- Dominance of sulfur-fueled iron oxide reduction in low-sulfate freshwater sediments. Hansel CM, Lentini CJ, Tang Y, Johnston DT, Wankel SD, Jardine PM. ISME J. 2015 Apr 14.: ISME J
- Strawberry Phytochemicals Inhibit Azoxymethane/Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Crj: CD-1 Mice. Shi N, Clinton SK, Liu Z, Wang Y, Riedl KM, Schwartz SJ, Zhang X, Pan Z, Chen T. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 10