Chromium(III) Chloride Hexahydrate
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Chromium(III) Chloride Hexahydrate||CR-CL-02-6HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Chromium(III) Chloride Hexahydrate||CR-CL-03-6HYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Chromium(III) Chloride Hexahydrate||CR-CL-04-6HYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Chromium(III) Chloride Hexahydrate||CR-CL-05-6HYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|CrCl3• 6H2O||10060-12-5||24856418||104957||MFCD00149660||233-038-3||trichlorochromium; hexahydrate||N/A||O.O.O.O.O.O.Cl[Cr](Cl)Cl||InChI=1S/3ClH.Cr.
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Cl3CrH12O6||266.45||dark green solid||83°C||N/A||1.76||264.910454||264.910454||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Chromium(III) Chloride Hexahydrate is an excellent water soluble crystalline Chromium source for uses compatible with chlorides. Chromium Chloride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Chromium Chloride Solution. Additional technical, research and safety information is available.
Chromium (atomic symbol: Cr, atomic number: 24) is a Block D, Group 6, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 51.9961. The number of electrons in each of Chromium's shells is 2, 8, 13, 1 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d5 4s1. Chromium was first discovered by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin in 1797. It was first isolated in 1798, also by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin. The chromium atom has a radius of 128 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 189 pm. In its elemental form, chromium has a lustrous steel-gray appearance. Chromium is the hardest metal element in the periodic table and the only element that exhibits antiferromagnetic ordering at room temperature, above which it tranforms into a paramagnetic solid. The most common source of chromium is chromite ore (FeCr2O4). Due to its various colorful compounds, Chromium was named after the Greek word 'chroma' meaning color. For more information on chromium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of chromium products, visit the Chromium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CHROMIUM(III) CHLORIDE HEXAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Chromium trichloride hexahydrate, Hexaaquachromium(III) chloride, Chromic chloride hexahydrate, trichlorochromium hexahydrate, chromic chloride|
|CUSTOMERS FOR CHROMIUM(III) CHLORIDE HEXAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Chromium Chloride||Chromium Fluoride||Chromium Acetate||Chromium Metal||Chromium Acetylacetonate|
|Chromium Nanoparticles||Chromium Oxide Pellets||Chromium Sheets||Chromium Iron Tantalum Alloy||Chromium Pellets|
|Chromium Oxide||Chromium Wire||Chromium Sputtering Target||Aluminum Chromium Alloy||Chromium Powder|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Chromium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Chromium
- Temporal changes in rat liver gene expression after acute cadmium and chromium exposure.. Madejczyk MS, Baer CE, Dennis WE, Minarchick VC, Leonard SS, Jackson DA, Stallings JD, Lewis JA.. PLoS One. 2015 May 19
- Chromium-induced skin damage among Taiwanese cement workers.. Chou TC, Wang PC, Wu J, Sheu SC.. Toxicol Ind Health. 2015 May 11.
- Cooperative Crystallization of Heterometallic Indium-Chromium Metal-Organic Polyhedra and Their Fast Proton Conductivity.. Zhai QG, Mao C, Zhao X, Lin Q, Bu F, Chen X, Bu X, Feng P.. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 May 15.
- Synthesis of core shell magnetic Fe3O4-poly(m-phenylenediamine) particles for chromium reduction and adsorption. Wang T, Zhang LL, Li C, Yang W, Song T, Tang C, Meng Y, Dai S, Wang H, Chai L, Luo J. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Apr 13. : Environ Sci Technol
- Rapid prototyping for in vitro knee rig investigations of prosthetized knee biomechanics: comparison with cobalt-chromium alloy implant material. Schröder C, Steinbrück A, Müller T, Woiczinski M, Chevalier Y, Weber P, Müller PE, Jansson V. Biomed Res Int. 2015: Biomed Res Int
- Toxicology of wear particles of cobalt-chromium alloy metal-on-metal hip implants Part I: Physicochemical properties in patient and simulator studies. Madl AK, Liong M, Kovochich M, Finley BL, Paustenbach DJ, Oberdörster G. Nanomedicine. 2015 Mar 3.
- Simultaneous analysis of Cr(III), Cr(VI) and chromium picolinate in foods using capillary electrophoresis-inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Chen Y, Chen J, Xi Z, Yang G, Wu Z, Li J, Fu F. Electrophoresis. 2015 Mar 9.
- Removal of hexavalent chromium from aqueous solutions using micro zero-valent iron supported by bentonite layer. Daoud W, Ebadi T, Fahimifar A. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Direct access to macroporous chromium nitride and chromium titanium nitride with inverse opal structure. Zhao W, DiSalvo FJ. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 5
- The modification of ferroelectric LiNbO3(0001) surfaces using chromium oxide thin films. Herdiech MW, Zhu X, Morales-Acosta MD, Walker FJ, Altman EI. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 13.
Recent Research & Development for Chlorides
- Mangiferin ameliorates aluminium chloride-induced cognitive dysfunction via alleviation of hippocampal oxido-nitrosative stress, proinflammatory cytokines and acetylcholinesterase level.. Kasbe P, Jangra A, Lahkar M.. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2015 Jul
- Captopril in congenital chloride diarrhoea: a case study.. Bin Islam S, Mazumder RN, Chisti MJ, Sharifuzzaman, Sahreen L, Ahmed T, Haque Alam N.. J Health Popul Nutr. 2015 Mar
- [Determination of high concentrations of rubidium chloride by ICP-OES].. Zhong Y, Sun B, Li HJ, Wang T, Li W, Song PS.. Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi. 2015 Jan
- INT (2-(4-Iodophenyl)-3-(4-Nitrophenyl)-5-(Phenyl) Tetrazolium Chloride) Is Toxic to Prokaryote Cells Precluding Its Use with Whole Cells as a Proxy for In Vivo Respiration.. Villegas-Mendoza J, Cajal-Medrano R, Maske H.. Microb Ecol. 2015 May 20.
- The Potential of Cr3 [Triaqua-μ3 -Oxo-Hexa-μ-Propionatotrichromium(III) Chloride] to Reduce Birth Defects in the Offspring of Diabetic CD-1 Mice.. Keith JD, Vincent C, Goetsch M, Lemley A, Kraus R, Broussard A, Kildow A, Faught J, Vincent JB, Rasco JF.. Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol. 2015 May 19.
- Mosquitocidal properties of IgG targeting the glutamate-gated chloride channel in three mosquito disease vectors (Diptera: Culicidae).. Meyers JI, Gray M, Foy BD.. J Exp Biol. 2015 May 15
- Magnetic graphene oxide modified with choline chloride-based deep eutectic solvent for the solid-phase extraction of protein.. Huang Y, Wang Y, Pan Q, Wang Y, Ding X, Xu K, Li N, Wen Q.. Anal Chim Acta. 2015 Jun 2
- Coagulation behavior and floc properties of compound bioflocculant-polyaluminum chloride dual-coagulants and polymeric aluminum in low temperature surface water treatment. Huang X, Sun S, Gao B, Yue Q, Wang Y, Li Q. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Apr 1: J Environ Sci (China)
- Properties of the Energy Bands, Judd-Ofelt Parameters and the Fluorescence of Neodymium Chloride (NdCl3) in Methanol, Iso-propanol and Butanol Solvents. Mitra S, Jana S. J Fluoresc. 2015 Mar 15.
- Mercuric chloride induced hepatotoxic and hematologic changes in rats: The protective effects of sodium selenite and vitamin E. Uzunhisarcikli M, Aslanturk A, Kalender S, Apaydin FG, Bas H. Toxicol Ind Health. 2015 Mar 10.