|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|FeCO3||563-71-3||104325559||11248||N/A||209-259-6||iron(+2) cation carbonate||N/A||[Fe+2].[O-]C([O-])=O||InChI=1S/CH2O3.Fe/c2-1(3)4;/h(H2,2,3,4);/q;+2/p-2||RAQDACVRFCEPDA-UHFFFAOYSA-L|
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|CFeO3||115.85||Powder||3.8 g/cm3||N/A||115.919685 Da||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Iron Carbonate is a water insoluble Iron source that can easily be converted to other Iron compounds, such as the oxide by heating (calcination). Carbonate compounds also give off carbon dioxide when treated with dilute acids. Iron Carbonate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite, hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|IRON CARBONATE SYNONYMS|
|Iron(II) carbonate, Iron(2+) carbonate, Blaud's mass, Carbonic acid, iron salt Ferrous Carbonate, iron(+2) cation carbonate, carbonic acid, iron(2+) salt (1:1), Ferrous monocarbonate|
|CUSTOMERS FOR IRON CARBONATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Iron Pellets||Iron Oxide||Iron Nitrate||Iron Oxide Pellets||Iron Nanoparticles|
|Iron Chloride||Iron Acetylacetonate||Iron Bars||Iron Foil||Aluminum Iron Alloy|
|Zirconium Scandium Iron Alloy||Iron Fluoride||Iron Metal||Iron Acetate||Iron Sputtering Target|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Iron|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Humic acids enhance the microbially mediated release of sedimentary ferrous iron.. Chang CH, Wei CC, Lin LH, Tu TH, Liao VH.. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 May 22.
- An update on iron acquisition by Legionella pneumophila: new pathways for siderophore uptake and ferric iron reduction.. Cianciotto NP.. Future Microbiol. 2015 May
- Iron accumulation promotes TACE-mediated TNF-α secretion and neurodegeneration in a mouse model of ALS.. Lee JK, Shin JH, Gwag BJ, Choi EJ.. Neurobiol Dis. 2015 May 19.
- Colorimetric detection of iron ions (III) based on the highly sensitive plasmonic response of the N-acetyl-l-cysteine-stabilized silver nanoparticles.. Gao X, Lu Y, He S, Li X, Chen W.. Anal Chim Acta. 2015 Jun 16
- Superparamagnetic iron oxide as a tracer for sentinel node biopsy in breast cancer: A comparative non-inferiority study.. Piñero-Madrona A, Torró-Richart JA, de León-Carrillo JM, de Castro-Parga G, Navarro-Cecilia J, Domínguez-Cunchillos F, Román-Santamaría JM, Fuster-Diana C, Pardo-García R; “Grupo de Estudios Senológicos de la Sociedad Española de Patologia Mamaria (SESPM)”.. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2015 May 12.
- Functionalized magnetic iron oxide/alginate core-shell nanoparticles for targeting hyperthermia.. Liao SH, Liu CH, Bastakoti BP, Suzuki N, Chang Y, Yamauchi Y, Lin FH, Wu KC.. Int J Nanomedicine. 2015 May 4
- Characterization of the enhancement of zero valent iron on microbial azo reduction. Fang Y, Xu M, Wu WM, Chen X, Sun G, Guo J, Liu X. BMC Microbiol. 2015 Apr 10: BMC Microbiol
- Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for in vivo molecular and cellular imaging. Sharifi S, Seyednejad H, Laurent S, Atyabi F, Saei AA, Mahmoudi M. Contrast Media Mol Imaging. 2015 Apr 16.: Contrast Media Mol Imaging
- Transformation of triclosan to 2,8-dichlorodibenzo-p-dioxin by iron and manganese oxides under near dry conditions. Ding J, Su M, Wu C, Lin K. Chemosphere. 2015 Apr 13: Chemosphere
- Application of iron oxide b nanoparticles in neuronal tissue engineering. Ziv-Polat O, Margel S, Shahar A. Neural Regen Res. 2015 Feb: Neural Regen Res
Recent Research & Development for Carbonates
- Unexpected action of lanthanum carbonate.. Takenaka T, Yamanaka T, Yoshida M, Suzuki H.. Osteoporos Int. 2015 May 13.
- The effect of lanthanum carbonate on metabolic acidosis in patients with chronic kidney disease stage IV, V and V-D.. Beaubien-Souligny W, Bezzaoucha S, Pichette V, Lafrance JP, Bell R, Lamarche C, Ouimet D, Vallee M.. Int Urol Nephrol. 2015 May 17.
- NiO/CeO2-ZnO nano-catalysts for direct synthesis of dimethyl carbonate from methanol and carbon dioxide.. Kang KH, Lee CH, Kim DB, Jang B, Song IK.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Nov
- Application of Box-Behnken design to prepare gentamicin-loaded calcium carbonate nanoparticles.. Maleki Dizaj S, Lotfipour F, Barzegar-Jalali M, Zarrintan MH, Adibkia K.. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2015 May 7:1-7.
- Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin functionalized calcium carbonate microparticles as a potential carrier for enhancing oral delivery of water-insoluble drugs.. Zhang L, Zhu W, Lin Q, Han J, Jiang L, Zhang Y.. Int J Nanomedicine. 2015 Apr 30
- Isolation and metagenomic characterization of bacteria associated with calcium carbonate and struvite precipitation in a pure moving bed biofilm reactor-membrane bioreactor.. Gonzalez-Martinez A, Leyva-Díaz JC, Rodriguez-Sanchez A, Muñoz-Palazon B, Rivadeneyra A, Poyatos JM, Rivadeneyra MA, Martinez-Toledo MV.. Biofouling. 2015 Apr
- Amorphous calcium carbonate controls avian eggshell mineralization: A new paradigm for understanding rapid eggshell calcification.. Rodríguez-Navarro AB, Marie P, Nys Y, Hincke MT, Gautron J.. J Struct Biol. 2015 Apr 28.
- Sevalamer Hydrochloride, Sevelamer Carbonate and Lanthanum Carbonate: In Vitro and In Vivo Effects on Gastric Environment. Coppolino G, Lucisano S, Rivoli L, Fuiano G, Villari A, Villari I, Leonello G, Lacquaniti A, Santoro D, Buemi M. Ther Apher Dial. 2015 Apr 10.: Ther Apher Dial
- Bioinspired synthesis of fluorescent calcium carbonate/carbon dot hybrid composites. Guo S, Yang M, Chen M, Zhang J, Liu K, Ye L, Gu W. Dalton Trans. 2015 Apr 7. : Dalton Trans
- Comparison of Low Level Laser and Arginine-Calcium Carbonate Alone or Combination in the Treatment of Dentin Hypersensitivity: A Randomized Split-Mouth Clinical Study. Bal MV, Keskiner ?, Sezer U, Aç?kel C, Saygun I. Photomed Laser Surg. 2015 Mar 12.