Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate
K4Fe(CN)6 • 3H2O
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate||K-CYFE6-02-3HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate||K-CYFE6-03-3HYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate||K-CYFE6-04-3HYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate||K-CYFE6-05-3HYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||SMILES
|K4Fe(CN)6 • 3H2O||14459-95-1||135118307||161067
|MFCD00167023||237-722-2||tetrapotassium; iron(2+); hexacyanide; trihydrate||[Fe+2].[K+].[K+].
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C6H6FeK4N6O3||422.39||Yellow crystals||70 °C||N/A||1.85 g/cm3||421.839902||421.839902||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite, hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3077 9/PG III|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|POTASSIUM HEXACYANOFERRATE(II) TRIHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Potassium ferricyanide trihydrate; Potassium Ferrocyanide Trihydrate; Yellow prussiate; Iron(2+) potassium cyanide hydrate (1:4:6:3); tetrapotassium iron(2+) hexacyanide trihydrate; Ferrate(4-), hexakis(cyano-C)-, tetrapotassium, trihydrate, (OC-6-11)-|
|CUSTOMERS FOR POTASSIUM HEXACYANOFERRATE(II) TRIHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Potassium 2-Ethylhexanoate||Potassium Oxide||Potassium Chloride||Potassium Acetate||Potassium Wire|
|Potassium Nitrate||Potassium Metal||Potassium Oxide Pellets||Potassium Sodium Alloy||Potassium Sputtering Target|
|Potassium Oxide Nanopowder||Potassium Oxide Powder||Potassium Foil||Silver Potassium Cyanide||Potassium Pellets|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Potassium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Potassium Bicarbonate Supplementation Lowers Bone Turnover and Calcium Excretion in Older Men and Women: A Randomized Dose-Finding Trial.. Dawson-Hughes B, Harris SS, Palermo NJ, Gilhooly CH, Shea MK, Fielding RA, Ceglia L.. J Bone Miner Res. 2015 May 19.
- Range-resolved detection of potassium chloride using picosecond differential absorption light detection and ranging.. Leffler T, Brackmann C, Ehn A, Kaldvee B, Aldén M, Berg M, Bood J.. Appl Opt. 2015 Feb 10
- Daily Sodium and Potassium Excretion Can Be Estimated by Scheduled Spot Urine Collections.. Doenyas-Barak K, Beberashvili I, Bar-Chaim A, Averbukh Z, Vogel O, Efrati S.. Nephron. 2015 May 19.
- ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channel Activation Induces Angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo.. Umaru B, Pyriochou A, Kotsikoris V, Papapetropoulos A, Topouzis S.. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2015 May 14.
- An Ankyrin-G N-terminal gate and casein kinase 2 dually regulate binding of voltage-gated sodium and KCNQ2/3 potassium channels.. Xu M, Cooper EC.. J Biol Chem. 2015 May 21.
- Effects of 3,5-Diiodotyrosine and Potassium Iodide on Thyroid Function and Oxidative Stress in Iodine-Excess Wistar Rats.. Liu D, Lin X, Yu F, Zhang M, Chen H, Bao W, Wang X.. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 May 24.
- Effect of cationic molecules on the oxygen reduction reaction on fuel cell grade Pt/C (20 wt%) catalyst in potassium hydroxide (aq, 1 mol dm-3). Ong AL, Inglis KK, Whelligan DK, Murphy S, Varcoe JR. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Apr 16. : Phys Chem Chem Phys
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Humic acids enhance the microbially mediated release of sedimentary ferrous iron.. Chang CH, Wei CC, Lin LH, Tu TH, Liao VH.. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 May 22.
- An update on iron acquisition by Legionella pneumophila: new pathways for siderophore uptake and ferric iron reduction.. Cianciotto NP.. Future Microbiol. 2015 May
- Iron accumulation promotes TACE-mediated TNF-α secretion and neurodegeneration in a mouse model of ALS.. Lee JK, Shin JH, Gwag BJ, Choi EJ.. Neurobiol Dis. 2015 May 19.
- Colorimetric detection of iron ions (III) based on the highly sensitive plasmonic response of the N-acetyl-l-cysteine-stabilized silver nanoparticles.. Gao X, Lu Y, He S, Li X, Chen W.. Anal Chim Acta. 2015 Jun 16
- Superparamagnetic iron oxide as a tracer for sentinel node biopsy in breast cancer: A comparative non-inferiority study.. Piñero-Madrona A, Torró-Richart JA, de León-Carrillo JM, de Castro-Parga G, Navarro-Cecilia J, Domínguez-Cunchillos F, Román-Santamaría JM, Fuster-Diana C, Pardo-García R; “Grupo de Estudios Senológicos de la Sociedad Española de Patologia Mamaria (SESPM)”.. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2015 May 12.
- Functionalized magnetic iron oxide/alginate core-shell nanoparticles for targeting hyperthermia.. Liao SH, Liu CH, Bastakoti BP, Suzuki N, Chang Y, Yamauchi Y, Lin FH, Wu KC.. Int J Nanomedicine. 2015 May 4
- Characterization of the enhancement of zero valent iron on microbial azo reduction. Fang Y, Xu M, Wu WM, Chen X, Sun G, Guo J, Liu X. BMC Microbiol. 2015 Apr 10: BMC Microbiol
- Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for in vivo molecular and cellular imaging. Sharifi S, Seyednejad H, Laurent S, Atyabi F, Saei AA, Mahmoudi M. Contrast Media Mol Imaging. 2015 Apr 16.: Contrast Media Mol Imaging
- Transformation of triclosan to 2,8-dichlorodibenzo-p-dioxin by iron and manganese oxides under near dry conditions. Ding J, Su M, Wu C, Lin K. Chemosphere. 2015 Apr 13: Chemosphere
- Application of iron oxide b nanoparticles in neuronal tissue engineering. Ziv-Polat O, Margel S, Shahar A. Neural Regen Res. 2015 Feb: Neural Regen Res