Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (LSF)
Lanthanum Ferrite doped with Strontium Oxide Fuel Cell Cathode
La2O3 / Fe2O3 / SrO
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (Sr = 10%) Powder||LSF-10-P||Request Quote|
|Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (Sr = 10%) Ink||LSF-10-I||Request Quote|
|Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (Sr = 20%) Powder||LSF-20-P||Request Quote|
|Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite Sr = 20%) Ink||LSF-20-I||Request Quote|
American Elements specializes in producing Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (LSF) for fuel cell cathode applications utilizing solid state processing to produce single phase perovskite structures with various doping levels and surface areas (SSA) for use in thin film layers. Upon firing, American Elements' Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite will partially sinter to form well-defined necks and open gas paths to permit simultaneous gas and electrical transfer. Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite has an excellent thermal expansion match with Yttria Stabilized Zirconia (YSZ) electrolytes. It is highly electronically conductive and has proven long term stability. Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite belongs to a class of "A" site and "B" site doped perovskite structures with these properties. These include Lanthanum Strontium Manganite (LSM), Lanthanum Strontium Cobaltite Ferrite (LSCF), Lanthanum Calcium Manganite (LCM), Lanthanum Strontium Chromite (LSC), and Lanthanum Strontium Gallate Magnesite (LSGM). Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite is available as a powder for tape casting, air spray/thermal spray/plasma spray, extrusion and sputtering fuel cell applications and as an ink for screen printing. Strontium doping levels are available at 10% and 20% and as specified by customer. Oxygen starved compositions are available. American Elements provides guidance on firing parameters, doping levels, and thermal expansion matching with American Elements' electrolyte and interconnect fuel cell layers. Also see product data sheets for LSF-20-P and LSF-20-I.
Lanthanum (atomic symbol: La, atomic number: 57) is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 138.90547. The number of electrons in each of lanthanum's shells is [2, 8, 18, 18, 9, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe] 5d1 6s2. The lanthanum atom has a radius of 187 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 240 pm. Lanthanum was first discovered by Carl Mosander in 1838. In its elemental form, lanthanum has a silvery white appearance. It is a soft, malleable, and ductile metal that oxidizes easily in air. Lanthanum is the first element in the rare earth or lanthanide series. It is the model for all the other trivalent rare earths and it is the second most abundant of the rare earths after cerium. Lanthanum is found in minerals such as monazite and bastnasite. The name lanthanum originates from the Greek word Lanthaneia, which means 'to lie hidden'. For more information on lanthanum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of lanthanum products, visit the Lanthanum element page.
Strontium (atomic symbol: Sr, atomic number: 38) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 87.62 . The number of electrons in each of Strontium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 5s2. The strontium atom has a radius of 215 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 249 pm. Strontium was discovered by William Cruickshank in 1787 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, strontium is a soft, silvery white metallic solid that quickly turns yellow when exposed to air. Cathode ray tubes in televisions are made of strontium, which are becoming increasingly displaced by other display technologies; pyrotechnics and fireworks employ strontium salts to achhieve a bright red color. Radioactive isotopes of strontium have been used in radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) and for certain cancer treatments. In nature, most strontium is found in celestite (as strontium sulfate) and strontianite (as strontium carbonate). Strontium was named after the Scottish town where it was discovered. For more information on strontium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of strontium products, visit the Strontium element page.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite, hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron element page.
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Lanthanum
- Hydro-thermal synthesis and crystal structure of a new lanthanum(III) coordination polymer with fumaric acid.. Anana H, Trifa C, Bouacida S, Boudaren C, Merazig H.. Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun. 2015 Apr 22
- Sevalamer Hydrochloride, Sevelamer Carbonate and Lanthanum Carbonate: In Vitro and In Vivo Effects on Gastric Environment.. Coppolino G, Lucisano S, Rivoli L, Fuiano G, Villari A, Villari I, Leonello G, Lacquaniti A, Santoro D, Buemi M.. Ther Apher Dial. 2015 Apr 10.
- Lanthanum-mediated C-H bond activation of propyne and identification of La(C₃H₂) isomers.. Hewage D, Roudjane M, Silva WR, Kumari S, Yang DS.. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 26
- Lanthanum and zirconium co-doped ZnO nanocomposites: synthesis, characterization and study of photocatalytic activity.. Moafi HF, Zanjanchi MA, Shojaie AF.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Sep
- Peculiar histiocytic lesions with massive lanthanum deposition in dialysis patients treated with lanthanum carbonate.. Haratake J, Yasunaga C, Ootani A, Shimajiri S, Matsuyama A, Hisaoka M.. Am J Surg Pathol. 2015 Jun
- Erratum to: The effect of lanthanum(III) and cerium(III) ions between layers of manganese oxide on water oxidation.. Najafpour MM, Isaloo MA, Hołyńska M, Shen JR, Allakhverdiev SI.. Photosynth Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- Structures, thermal behaviors, and luminescent properties of anhydrous lanthanum iodate polymorphs.. Taouti MB, Suffren Y, Leynaud O, Benbertal D, Brenier A, Gautier-Luneau I.. Inorg Chem. 2015 Apr 6
- The effect of lanthanum carbonate on metabolic acidosis in patients with chronic kidney disease stage IV, V and V-D.. Beaubien-Souligny W, Bezzaoucha S, Pichette V, Lafrance JP, Bell R, Lamarche C, Ouimet D, Vallee M.. Int Urol Nephrol. 2015 May 17.
- Unexpected action of lanthanum carbonate.. Takenaka T, Yamanaka T, Yoshida M, Suzuki H.. Osteoporos Int. 2015 May 13.
- The effect of lanthanum(III) and cerium(III) ions between layers of manganese oxide on water oxidation.. Najafpour MM, Isaloo MA, Hołyńska M, Shen JR, Allakhverdiev S.. Photosynth Res. 2015 Feb 21.
Recent Research & Development for Strontium
- Strontium and osteoblast function.. Wornham DP, Hajjawi MO, Orriss IR, Arnett TR.. Osteoporos Int. 2015 Apr 15.
- [Suitability of strontium ranelate in a health care management area after drug surveillance alerts].. Cantudo-Cuenca MR, Calvo-Cidoncha E, Robustillo-Cortés MA, Saborido-Cansino MC, Gómez-Estrella G, Sánchez-Pedrosa A.. Aten Primaria. 2015 Apr 19.
- Low Serum Testosterone Levels Are Associated with Elevated Urinary Mandelic Acid, and Strontium Levels in Adult Men According to the US 2011-2012 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.. Xu C, Liu Q, Liu H, Héroux P, Zhang Q, Jiang ZY, Gu A.. PLoS One. 2015 May 21
- Ten-year follow-up in pregnancy and lactation-associated osteoporosis: sequential therapy with strontium ranelate and ibandronate.. Tanriover MD, Oz SG, Sozen T.. Spine J. 2015 May 1
- Significance of strontium ranelate in healing of surgically fixed tibial diapyseal fractures treated with strontium ranelate vs placebo; a randomised double blind controlled trial.. Aslam MZ, Khan MA, Chinoy MA, Jillani SA, Sultan SA, Ahmed SK.. J Pak Med Assoc. 2014 Dec
- The position of strontium ranelate in today's management of osteoporosis.. Reginster JY, Brandi ML, Cannata-Andía J, Cooper C, Cortet B, Feron JM, Genant H, Palacios S, Ringe JD, Rizzoli R.. Osteoporos Int. 2015 Apr 14.
- Meniscal extrusion promotes knee osteoarthritis structural progression: protective effect of strontium ranelate treatment in a phase III clinical trial.. Roubille C, Martel-Pelletier J, Raynauld JP, Abram F, Dorais M, Delorme P, Pelletier JP.. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015 Mar 23
- Regeneration of rabbit calvarial defects using biphasic calcium phosphate and a strontium hydroxyapatite-containing collagen membrane.. Kitayama S, Wong LO, Ma L, Hao J, Kasugai S, Lang NP, Mattheos N.. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2015 Apr 27.
- Vitamin D and bone mineral density changes in postmenopausal women treated with strontium ranelate.. Catalano A, Morabito N, Di Stefano A, Morini E, Basile G, Faraci B, Loddo S, Ientile R, Lasco A.. J Endocrinol Invest. 2015 May 8.
- Cancellous bone healing around strontium-doped hydroxyapatite in osteoporotic rats previously treated with zoledronic acid.. Li Y, Shui X, Zhang L, Hu J.. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 Apr 17.
Recent Research & Development for Ferrites
- Mesoporous bismuth ferrite with amplified magnetoelectric coupling and electric field-induced ferrimagnetism.. Quickel TE, Schelhas LT, Farrell RA, Petkov N, Le VH, Tolbert SH.. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 10
- Silica encapsulation of ferrimagnetic zinc ferrite nanocubes enabled by layer-by-layer polyelectrolyte deposition.. Park J, Porter MD, Granger MC.. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 24
- Comparative cytotoxic response of nickel ferrite nanoparticles in human liver HepG2 and breast MFC-7 cancer cells.. Ahamed M, Akhtar MJ, Alhadlaq HA, Khan MA, Alrokayan SA.. Chemosphere. 2015 May 8
- One-Step Fabrication of a Multifunctional Magnetic Nickel Ferrite/Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes Nanohybrid-Modified Electrode for the Determination of Benomyl in Food.. Wang Q, Yang J, Dong Y, Zhang L.. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 May 20
- Cellular uptake and biocompatibility of bismuth ferrite harmonic advanced nanoparticles.. Staedler D, Passemard S, Magouroux T, Rogov A, Maguire CM, Mohamed BM, Schwung S, Rytz D, Jüstel T, Hwu S, Mugnier Y, Le Dantec R, Volkov Y, Gerber-Lemaire S, Prina-Mello A, Bonacina L, Wolf JP.. Nanomedicine. 2015 May
- Electrospun bismuth ferrite nanofibers for potential applications in ferroelectric photovoltaic devices.. Fei L, Hu Y, Li X, Song R, Sun L, Huang H, Gu H, Chan HL, Wang Y.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 18
- Influence of Bi(3+)-doping on the magnetic and Mössbauer properties of spinel cobalt ferrite.. Gore SK, Mane RS, Naushad M, Jadhav SS, Zate MK, Alothman ZA, Hui BK.. Dalton Trans. 2015 Apr 14
- Nanoscale magnetization reversal caused by electric field-induced ion migration and redistribution in cobalt ferrite thin films.. Chen X, Zhu X, Xiao W, Liu G, Feng YP, Ding J, Li RW.. ACS Nano. 2015 Apr 28
- Composition and hydrophilicity control of Mn-doped ferrite (MnxFe3-xO4) nanoparticles induced by polyol differentiation.. Vamvakidis K, Katsikini M, Vourlias G, Angelakeris M, Paloura EC, Dendrinou-Samara C.. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 28
- Barium ferrite decorated reduced graphene oxide nanocomposite for effective electromagnetic interference shielding. Verma M, Singh AP, Sambyal P, Singh BP, Dhawan SK, Choudhary V. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Jan 21: Phys Chem Chem Phys