|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate||AM-THMO-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate||AM-THMO-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate||AM-THMO-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate||AM-THMO-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|(NH4)2MoS4||15060-55-6||162220186||10106661||MFCD00136013||N/A||diazanium; molybdenum; tetrasulfide||N/A||[S-2].[S-2].[S-
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H8MoN2S4||260.28||Red. green, purple, or black powder||>300 °C||N/A||N/A||261.86244||261.86244||-6||Safety Data Sheet|
Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Molybdenum (atomic symbol: Mo, atomic number: 42) is a Block D, Group 6, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 95.96. The number of electrons in each of molybdenum's shells is [2, 8, 18, 13, 1] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d5 5s1. The molybdenum atom has a radius of 139 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 209 pm. In its elemental form, molybdenum has a gray metallic appearance. Molybdenum was discovered by Carl Wilhelm in 1778 and first isolated by Peter Jacob Hjelm in 1781. Molybdenum is the 54th most abundant element in the earth's crust. It has the third highest melting point of any element, exceeded only by tungsten and tantalum. Molybdenum does not occur naturally as a free metal, it is found in various oxidation states in minerals. The primary commercial source of molybdenum is molybdenite, although it is also recovered as a byproduct of copper and tungsten mining. The origin of the name Molybdenum comes from the Greek word molubdos meaning lead. For more information on molybdenum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of molybdenum products, visit the Molybdenum element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|AMMONIUM TETRATHIOMOLYBDATE SYNONYMS|
|Diammonium disulfido(dithioxo)molybdenum; Ammonium molybdenum sulfide; Diammonium tetrathioxomolybdate(2-); diammonium molybdenum tetrasulfide; Thiomolybdic acid, diammonium salt; Molybdate(2-), tetrathioxo-, diammonium, (T-4)-|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Molybdenum
- Lignin-assisted exfoliation of molybdenum disulfide in aqueous media and its application in lithium ion batteries.. Liu W, Zhao C, Zhou R, Zhou D, Liu Z, Lu X.. Nanoscale. 2015 May 21
- Interplay between Organic-Organometallic Electrophores within Bis(cyclopentadienyl)Molybdenum Dithiolene Tetrathiafulvalene Complexes.. Bellec N, Vacher A, Barrière F, Xu Z, Roisnel T, Lorcy D.. Inorg Chem. 2015 May 18
- 2D Materials: The Influence of Water on the Optical Properties of Single-Layer Molybdenum Disulfide (Adv. Mater. 17/2015).. Varghese JO, Agbo P, Sutherland AM, Brar VW, Rossman GR, Gray HB, Heath JR.. Adv Mater. 2015 May
- Basal-Plane Functionalization of Chemically Exfoliated Molybdenum Disulfide by Diazonium Salts.. Knirsch KC, Berner NC, Nerl HC, Cucinotta CS, Gholamvand Z, McEvoy N, Wang Z, Abramovic I, Vecera P, Halik M, Sanvito S, Duesberg GS, Nicolosi V, Hauke F, Hirsch A, Coleman JN, Backes C.. ACS Nano. 2015 May 20.
- Oscillatory motion in layered materials: graphene, boron nitride, and molybdenum disulfide. Ye Z, Otero-de-la-Roza A, Johnson ER, Martini A. Nanotechnology. 2015 Apr 24: Nanotechnology
- Towards Barrier Free Contact to Molybdenum Disulfide using Graphene Electrodes. Liu Y, Wu H, Cheng HC, Yang S, Zhu E, He Q, Ding M, Li D, Guo J, Weiss N, Huang Y, Duan X. Nano Lett. 2015 Apr 16. : Nano Lett
- Synthesis of nanostructured clean surface molybdenum carbides on graphene sheets as efficient and stable hydrogen evolution reaction catalysts. He C, Tao J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 16. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- Synthesis of Waste Cooking Oil Based Biodiesel via Ferric-Manganese Promoted Molybdenum Oxide / Zirconia Nanoparticle Solid acid Catalyst: Influence of Ferric and Manganese Dopants. Alhassan FH, Rashid U, Taufiq-Yap YH. J Oleo Sci. 2015 Apr 6. : J Oleo Sci
- Fate and Transport of Molybdenum Disulfide Nanomaterials in Sand Columns. Lanphere JD, Luth CJ, Guiney LM, Mansukhani ND, Hersam MC, Walker SL. Environ Eng Sci. 2015 Feb 1
- Porous molybdenum carbide nano-octahedrons synthesized via confined carburization in metal-organic frameworks for efficient hydrogen production. Wu HB, Xia BY, Yu L, Yu XY, Lou XW. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 11
Recent Research & Development for Sulfur
- Induction and repair of DNA cross-links induced by sulfur mustard in the A-549 cell line followed by a comet assay.. Jost P, Svobodova H, Stetina R.. Chem Biol Interact. 2015 May 15
- Thiol activated prodrugs of sulfur dioxide (SO2) as MRSA inhibitors.. Pardeshi KA, Malwal SR, Banerjee A, Lahiri S, Rangarajan R, Chakrapani H.. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015 Apr 23.
- A simple approach to the synthesis of Cu1.8S dendrites with thiamine hydrochloride as a sulfur source and structure-directing agent.. Yan X, Li S, Pan YX, Yang Z, Liu X.. Beilstein J Nanotechnol. 2015 Apr 1
- Enabling Prominent High-Rate and Cycle Performances in One Lithium-Sulfur Battery: Designing Permselective Gateways for Li+ Transportation in Holey-CNT/S Cathodes.. Zhou Y, Zhou C, Li Q, Yan C, Han B, Xia K, Gao Q, Wu J.. Adv Mater. 2015 May 20.
- Nanospace-Confinement Copolymerization Strategy for Encapsulating Polymeric Sulfur into Porous Carbon for Lithium-Sulfur Batteries.. Ding B, Chang Z, Xu G, Nie P, Wang J, Pan J, Dou H, Zhang X.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 22.
- Hydrophilicity-controlled ordered mesoporous carbon for lithium-sulfur batteries.. Bae S, Jin X, Park GO, Kim JM.. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Vertically Aligned Sulfur-Graphene Nanowalls on Substrates for Ultrafast Lithium-Sulfur Batteries. Li B, Li S, Liu J, Wang B, Yang S. Nano Lett. 2015 Apr 10. : Nano Lett
- Dominance of sulfur-fueled iron oxide reduction in low-sulfate freshwater sediments. Hansel CM, Lentini CJ, Tang Y, Johnston DT, Wankel SD, Jardine PM. ISME J. 2015 Apr 14.: ISME J
- Interaction between Nitrogen and Sulfur in Co-Doped Graphene and Synergetic Effect in Supercapacitor. Wang T, Wang LX, Wu DL, Xia W, Jia DZ. Sci Rep. 2015 Apr 16: Sci Rep
- Protic-Salt-Derived Nitrogen/Sulfur-Codoped Mesoporous Carbon for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction and Supercapacitors. Zhang S, Ikoma A, Ueno K, Chen Z, Dokko K, Watanabe M. ChemSusChem. 2015 Apr 8.: ChemSusChem
- Encapsulation of S/SWNT with PANI Web for Enhanced Rate and Cycle Performance in Lithium Sulfur Batteries. Kim JH, Fu K, Choi J, Kil K, Kim J, Han X, Hu L, Paik U. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 10