Sodium Hydroxide, Anhydrous
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Sodium Hydroxide, Anhydrous||NA-OH-02-P-AHYD||Request Quote|
|(2N5) 99.5% Sodium Hydroxide, Anhydrous||NA-OH-025-P-AHYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Sodium Hydroxide, Anhydrous||NA-OH-03-P-AHYD||Request Quote|
|(3N5) 99.95% Sodium Hydroxide, Anhydrous||NA-OH-035-P-AHYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Sodium Hydroxide, Anhydrous||NA-OH-04-P-AHYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Hydroxide, Anhydrous||NA-OH-05-P-AHYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|HNaO||40.00||White, othogonal crystals||318° C
|2.13 g/cm³||39.992509||39.992509||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Sodium Hydroxide, Anhydrous is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Hydroxide, the OH- anion composed of an oxygen atom bonded to a hydrogen atom, is commonly present in nature and is one of the most widely studied molecules in physical chemistry. Hydroxide compounds have diverse properties and uses, from base catalysis to detection of carbon dioxide. In a watershed 2013 experiment, scientists at JILA (the Joint Institute for Laboratory Astrophysics) achieved evaporative cooling of compounds for the first time using hydroxide molecules, a discovery that may lead to new methods of controlling chemical reactions and could impact a range of disciplines, including atmospheric science and energy production technologies. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Sodium (atomic symbol: Na, atomic number: 11) is a Block D, Group 5, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 22.989769. The number of electrons in each of Sodium's shells is [2, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s1.The sodium atom has a radius of 185.8 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 227 pm. Sodium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. In its elemental form, sodium has a silvery-white metallic appearance. It is the sixth most abundant element, making up 2.6 % of the earth's crust. Sodium does not occur in nature as a free element and must be extracted from its compounds (e.g., feldspars, sodalite, and rock salt). The name Sodium is thought to come from the Arabic word suda, meaning "headache" (due to sodium carbonate's headache-alleviating properties), and its elemental symbol Na comes from natrium, its Latin name. For more information on sodium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sodium products, visit the Sodium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1823 8/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SODIUM HYDROXIDE SYNONYMS|
|Caustic soda; Soda lye; Aetznatron; Sodium hydrate|
|CUSTOMERS FOR SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ANHYDROUS HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Sodium Fluoride||Thallium-doped Sodium Iodide||Barium Sodium Niobium Oxide||Sodium Sulfate||Europium Sodium Sulfate|
|Sodium Nitrate||Sodium Acetate||Sodium 2-Ethylhexanoate||Sodium Tungstate||Sodium Oxide|
|Sodium Oxide Nanopowder||Sodium Oxide Pellets||Sodium Cubes||Gold(I) Sodium Cyanide||Sodium Benzoate|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Sodium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Sodium
- Epoprostenol sodium for treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.. Saito Y, Nakamura K, Akagi S, Sarashina T, Ejiri K, Miura A, Ogawa A, Matsubara H, Ito H.. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2015 May 14
- Fully automated production of sodium [18F]fluoride on AllInOne and miniAllInOne synthesizers.. Collet C, Otabashi M, Giacomelli F, Veran N, Karcher G, Chapleur Y, Lamandé-Langle S.. Appl Radiat Isot. 2015 May 14
- Effectiveness of levulinic acid and sodium dodecyl sulfate employed as a sanitizer during harvest or packing of cantaloupes contaminated with Salmonella Poona.. Webb CC, Erickson MC, Davey LE, Doyle MP.. Int J Food Microbiol. 2015 May 2
- Inadvertent apical extrusion of sodium hypochlorite with evaluation by dental volumetric tomography. Başer Can ED, Karapınar Kazandağ M, Kaptan RF. Case Rep Dent. 2015: Case Rep Dent
- Agreement of the Kato-Katz test established by the WHO with samples fixed with sodium acetate analyzed at 6 months to diagnose intestinal geohelminthes. Fernández-Niño JA, Ramírez JD, López MC, Moncada LI, Reyes P, Heredia RD. Acta Trop. 2015 Mar 11.
- A Novel hNIS/tdTomato Fusion Reporter for Visualizing the Relationship Between the Cellular Localization of Sodium Iodide Symporter and Its Iodine Uptake Function Under Heat Shock Treatment. Yeom CJ, Chung T, Youn H, Kang KW, Lee DS, Chung JK. Mol Imaging. 2015 Mar 1
- Optimization of alkaline sulfite pretreatment and comparative study with sodium hydroxide pretreatment for improving enzymatic digestibility of corn stover. Liu H, Pang B, Wang H, Li H, Lu J, Niu M. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 15.
- Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury. Shultz SR, Wright DK, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu SJ, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston LA, Hovens CM, Jones NC, O'Brien TJ. Brain. 2015 Mar 13.
- [Acute renal failure and hearing loss due to sodium bromate intoxication]. Kitamoto T. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Efficacy of low concentrations of sodium hypochlorite and low powered Er,Cr:YSGG laser activated irrigation against an Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Christo JE, Zilm PS, Sullivan T, Cathro PR. Int Endod J. 2015 Mar 13.
Recent Research & Development for Hydroxide
- Antimicrobial effect of calcium hydroxide as an intracanal medicament in root canal treatment: a literature review - Part II. in vivo studies.. Kim D, Kim E.. Restor Dent Endod. 2015 May
- Facile synthesis of CuO nanosheets via the controlled delamination of layered copper hydroxide acetate.. Demel J, Zhigunov A, Jirka I, Klementová M, Lang K.. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Aug 15
- Understanding the Formation Mechanism of Graphene Frameworks Synthesized by Solvothermal and Rapid Pyrolytic Processes Based on an Alcohol-Sodium Hydroxide System.. Cui H, Zheng J, Yang P, Zhu Y, Wang Z, Zhu Z.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 19.
- The effect of radiopacifiers agents on pH, calcium release, radiopacity, and antimicrobial properties of different calcium hydroxide dressings.. Ordinola-Zapata R, Bramante CM, GarcÍa-Godoy F, Moldauer BI, Minotti PG, TercíLIA Grizzo L, Duarte MA.. Microsc Res Tech. 2015 May 19.
- The enhancement effect of pre-reduction using zero-valent iron on the solidification of chromite ore processing residue by blast furnace slag and calcium hydroxide.. Li J, Chen Z, Shen J, Wang B, Fan L.. Chemosphere. 2015 Apr 27
- Fabrication and Characterization of Thin Film Nickel Hydroxide Electrodes for Micro-Power Applications.. Falahati H, Kim E, Barz DP.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 22.
- Thermodynamics-Stability Pickering Emulsion Configured with Carbon Nanotubes-Bridged Nanosheet-Shaped Layered Double Hydroxide for Selective Oxidation of Benzyl Alcohol.. Shan Y, Yu C, Yang J, Dong Q, Fan X, Qiu J.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 7.
- Ultrasonic assisted removal of sunset yellow from aqueous solution by zinc hydroxide nanoparticle loaded activated carbon: Optimized experimental design.. Roosta M, Ghaedi M, Sahraei R, Purkait MK.. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 Jul 1
- Multifunctional layered gadolinium hydroxide nanoplates for ultrahigh field magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography and fluorescence bioimaging.. Wu M, Li L, Yu X, Zhang D, Sun T, Li X, Sun L, Lui S, Huang X, Bi F, Wang H, Zhu H, Gong Q.. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Understanding Regeneration of Arsenate-Loaded Ferric Hydroxide-Based Adsorbents. Chaudhary BK, Farrell J. Environ Eng Sci. 2015 Apr 1: Environ Eng Sci