Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate
Na2SiO3 • 9H2O
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-02-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|(2N5) 99.5% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-025-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-03-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N5) 99.95% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-035-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-04-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-05-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|Na2SiO3 • 9H2O||13517-24-3||61495||MFCD00149175||229-912-9||disodium; dioxido(oxo)silane; nonahydrate||N/A||[Na+].[Na+].
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H18Na2O12Si||284.20||White powder||N/A||N/A||N/A||284.036291||284.036291||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Sodium (atomic symbol: Na, atomic number: 11) is a Block D, Group 5, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 22.989769. The number of electrons in each of Sodium's shells is [2, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s1.The sodium atom has a radius of 185.8 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 227 pm. Sodium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. In its elemental form, sodium has a silvery-white metallic appearance. It is the sixth most abundant element, making up 2.6 % of the earth's crust. Sodium does not occur in nature as a free element and must be extracted from its compounds (e.g., feldspars, sodalite, and rock salt). The name Sodium is thought to come from the Arabic word suda, meaning "headache" (due to sodium carbonate's headache-alleviating properties), and its elemental symbol Na comes from natrium, its Latin name. For more information on sodium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sodium products, visit the Sodium element page.
Silicon (atomic symbol: Si, atomic number: 14) is a Block P, Group 14, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 28.085. The number of electrons in each of Silicon's shells is 2, 8, 4 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p2. The silicon atom has a radius of 111 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Silicon was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jacob Berzelius in 1823. Silicon makes up 25.7% of the earth's crust, by weight, and is the second most abundant element, exceeded only by oxygen. The metalloid is rarely found in pure crystal form and is usually produced from the iron-silicon alloy ferrosilicon. Silica (or silicon dioxide), as sand, is a principal ingredient of glass, one of the most inexpensive of materials with excellent mechanical, optical, thermal, and electrical properties. Ultra high purity silicon can be doped with boron, gallium, phosphorus, or arsenic to produce silicon for use in transistors, solar cells, rectifiers, and other solid-state devices which are used extensively in the electronics industry.The name Silicon originates from the Latin word silex which means flint or hard stone. For more information on silicon, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silicon products, visit the Silicon element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3253 8/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SODIUM METASILICATE NONAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Sodium silicate nonahydrate, disodium oxosilanediolat nonahydrate, Sodium siliconate nonahydrate, Sodium polysilicate nonahydrate, Sodium sesquisilicate nonahydrate, Disodium metasilicate nonahydrate, Disodium silicate nonahydrate, Sodium silicon oxide nonahydrate, Disodium monosilicate nonahydrate, Sodium oxosilanediolate hydrate (2:1:9), Silicic acid, disodium salt, nonahydrate, Silicic acid (H2SiO3), disodium salt, nonahydrate|
|CUSTOMERS FOR SODIUM METASILICATE NONAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Sodium Fluoride||Thallium-doped Sodium Iodide||Barium Sodium Niobium Oxide||Sodium Sulfate||Europium Sodium Sulfate|
|Sodium Nitrate||Sodium Acetate||Sodium 2-Ethylhexanoate||Sodium Tungstate||Sodium Oxide|
|Sodium Oxide Nanopowder||Sodium Oxide Pellets||Sodium Cubes||Gold(I) Sodium Cyanide||Sodium Benzoate|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Sodium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Sodium
- Epoprostenol sodium for treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.. Saito Y, Nakamura K, Akagi S, Sarashina T, Ejiri K, Miura A, Ogawa A, Matsubara H, Ito H.. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2015 May 14
- Fully automated production of sodium [18F]fluoride on AllInOne and miniAllInOne synthesizers.. Collet C, Otabashi M, Giacomelli F, Veran N, Karcher G, Chapleur Y, Lamandé-Langle S.. Appl Radiat Isot. 2015 May 14
- Effectiveness of levulinic acid and sodium dodecyl sulfate employed as a sanitizer during harvest or packing of cantaloupes contaminated with Salmonella Poona.. Webb CC, Erickson MC, Davey LE, Doyle MP.. Int J Food Microbiol. 2015 May 2
- Inadvertent apical extrusion of sodium hypochlorite with evaluation by dental volumetric tomography. Başer Can ED, Karapınar Kazandağ M, Kaptan RF. Case Rep Dent. 2015: Case Rep Dent
- Agreement of the Kato-Katz test established by the WHO with samples fixed with sodium acetate analyzed at 6 months to diagnose intestinal geohelminthes. Fernández-Niño JA, Ramírez JD, López MC, Moncada LI, Reyes P, Heredia RD. Acta Trop. 2015 Mar 11.
- A Novel hNIS/tdTomato Fusion Reporter for Visualizing the Relationship Between the Cellular Localization of Sodium Iodide Symporter and Its Iodine Uptake Function Under Heat Shock Treatment. Yeom CJ, Chung T, Youn H, Kang KW, Lee DS, Chung JK. Mol Imaging. 2015 Mar 1
- Optimization of alkaline sulfite pretreatment and comparative study with sodium hydroxide pretreatment for improving enzymatic digestibility of corn stover. Liu H, Pang B, Wang H, Li H, Lu J, Niu M. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 15.
- Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury. Shultz SR, Wright DK, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu SJ, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston LA, Hovens CM, Jones NC, O'Brien TJ. Brain. 2015 Mar 13.
- [Acute renal failure and hearing loss due to sodium bromate intoxication]. Kitamoto T. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Efficacy of low concentrations of sodium hypochlorite and low powered Er,Cr:YSGG laser activated irrigation against an Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Christo JE, Zilm PS, Sullivan T, Cathro PR. Int Endod J. 2015 Mar 13.
Recent Research & Development for Silicates
- On the cause of conductivity degradation in sodium strontium silicate ionic conductor.. Jee Y, Zhao X, Huang K.. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 May 14.
- Improvement of bacterial clearance and relief of clinical signs of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium infection in pigs through upregulation of Th 1-specific responses by administration of a combination of two silicate minerals, biotite and bentonite.. Lee JA, Jung BG, Kim TH, Kim YM, Koh HB, Lee BJ.. J Vet Med Sci. 2015 May 4.
- Sandwich-Structured Graphene-Nickel Silicate-Nickel Ternary Composites as Superior Anode Materials for Lithium-ion Batteries.. Jin R, Yang Y, Li Y, Liu X, Xing Y, Song S, Shi Z.. Chemistry. 2015 May 8.
- Correction to Effect of Silicate on the Formation and Stability of Ni-Al LDH at the γ-Al2O3 Surface.. Tan X, Fang M, Ren X, Mei H, Shao D, Wang X.. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 May 19
- Odontogenic effects of a fast-setting calcium-silicate cement containing zirconium oxide.. Kim KA, Yang YM, Kwon YS, Hwang YC, Yu MK, Min KS.. Dent Mater J. 2015 May 1.
- Bioactivity of a Calcium Silicate-based Endodontic Cement (BioRoot RCS): Interactions with Human Periodontal Ligament Cells In Vitro.. Camps J, Jeanneau C, Laurent P, About I.. J Endod. 2015 May 19.
- Dielectric, thermal and mechanical properties of zirconium silicate reinforced high density polyethylene composites for antenna applications.. Varghese J, Nair DR, Mohanan P, Sebastian MT.. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 May 18.
- Quaternary polymethacrylate-magnesium aluminum silicate films: Water uptake kinetics and film permeability.. Rongthong T, Sungthongjeen S, Siepmann F, Siepmann J, Pongjanyakul T.. Int J Pharm. 2015 May 21.
- Zeolite synthesis in hydrated silicate ionic liquids. van Tendeloo L, Haouas M, Martens JA, Kirschhock CE, Breynaert E, Taulelle F. Faraday Discuss. 2015 Apr 17. : Faraday Discuss
- Preparation of the Monolith of Hierarchical Macro-/Mesoporous Calcium Silicate UntrathinNanosheets with Low Thermal Conductivity via Ambient Pressure Drying. Li Y, Bai J, Xiang J, Ren L, Mao M, Zeng M, Zhao X. Chem Asian J. 2015 Apr 1.: Chem Asian J