|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-02||Request Quote|
|(2N5) 99.5% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-025||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-03||Request Quote|
|(3N5) 99.95% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-035||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Ruthenium Iodide||RU-I-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|N/A||5.27 g/cm3||482.617753||482.617767 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Ruthenium Iodide is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Iodide compounds are used in internal medicine. Treating an iodide with Ruthenium dioxide and sulfuric acid sublimes the iodine. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Ruthenium (atomic symbol: Ru, atomic number: 44) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 5 elemen with an atomic weight of 101.07. The number of electrons in each of ruthenium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 15, 1] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d7 5s1. The ruthenium atom has a radius of 134 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 207 pm. Ruthenium was discovered by Jedrzej Sniadecki in 1807.It was first recognized as a distinct element by Karl Ernst Claus in 1844. In its elemental form, ruthenium has a silvery white metallic appearance. Ruthenium is a rare transition metal belonging to the platinum group of metals. It is found in pentlandite, pyroxenite, and platinum group metal ores. The name Ruthenium originates from the Latin word "Ruthenia," meaning Russia. For more information on ruthenium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of ruthenium products, visit the Ruthenium element page.
Iodine (atomic symbol: I, atomic number: 53) is a Block P, Group 17, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 126.90447. The number of electrons in each of Iodine's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 7 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p5. The iodine atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 198 pm. In its elemental form, iodine has a lustrous metallic gray appearance as a solid and a violet appearance as a gas or liquid solution. Iodine forms compounds with many elements, but is less active than the other halogens. It dissolves readily in chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, or carbon disulfide. Iodine compounds are important in organic chemistry and very useful in the field of medicine. Iodine was discovered and first isolated by Bernard Courtois in 1811. The name Iodine is derived from the Greek word "iodes" meaning violet. For more information on iodine, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iodine products, visit the Iodine element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|RUTHENIUM(III) IODIDE SYNONYMS|
|Ruthenium(3+) triiodide, ruthenium triiodide, triiodoruthenium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Ruthenium
- C-O cleavage of aromatic oxygenates over ruthenium catalysts. A computational study of reactions at step sites.. Chiu CC, Genest A, Borgna A, Rösch N.. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 May 21.
- Ruthenium-106 plaque brachytherapy for uveal melanoma.. Tarmann L, Wackernagel W, Avian A, Mayer C, Schneider M, Winkler P, Langmann G.. Br J Ophthalmol. 2015 May 15.
- Design, synthesis and characterisation of new chimeric ruthenium(ii)-gold(i) complexes as improved cytotoxic agents.. Massai L, Fernández-Gallardo J, Guerri A, Arcangeli A, Pillozzi S, Contel M, Messori L.. Dalton Trans. 2015 May 21.
- Water-Soluble Ruthenium(II) Complexes with Chiral 4-(2,3-dihydroxypropyl)-formamide oxoaporphine (FOA): in Vitro and in Vivo Anticancer Activity by Stabilization of G-Quadruplex DNA, Inhibition of Telomerase Activity and Induction of Tumor Cell Apoptosis.. Chen ZF, Qin QP, Qin JL, Zhou J, Li YL, Li N, Liu YC, Liang H.. J Med Chem. 2015 May 19.
- Development of a Functional Ruthenium(II) Complex that Can Act as a Photoluminescent and Electrochemiluminescent Dual-signaling Probe for Hypochlorous Acid.. Yu X, Zhang W, Ye Z, Song B, Yuan J.. J Fluoresc. 2015 May 12.
- Management of diffuse choroidal hemangioma in Sturge-Weber syndrome with Ruthenium-106 plaque radiotherapy.. Kubicka-Trząska A, Karska-Basta I, Oleksy P, Romanowska-Dixon B.. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2015 May 26.
- Ruthenium-catalyzed oxidative coupling of 2-aryl-4-quinazolinones with olefins: synthesis of pyrrolo[2,1-b]quinazolin-9(1H)-one motifs.. Zheng Y, Song WB, Zhang SW, Xuan LJ.. Org Biomol Chem. 2015 May 21.
- Regulation of a cerium(iv)-driven O2 evolution reaction using composites of liposome and lipophilic ruthenium complexes.. Koshiyama T, Kanda N, Iwata K, Honjo M, Asada S, Hatae T, Tsuji Y, Yoshida M, Okamura M, Kuga R, Masaoka S, Ohba M.. Dalton Trans. 2015 May 8.
- Detailed biological profiling of a photoactived and apoptosis inducing pdppz Ruthenium (II) polypyridyl complex in cancer cells.. Gunnlaugsson T, Cloonan SM, Elmes R, Erby M, Bright SA, Poynton FE, Nolan DE, Quinn SJ, Williams DC.. J Med Chem. 2015 May 11.
- A mechanistic investigation of the ruthenium porphyrin catalysed aziridination of olefins by aryl azides.. Zardi P, Pozzoli A, Ferretti F, Manca G, Mealli C, Gallo E.. Dalton Trans. 2015 May 15.
- Construction of hybrid films of silver nanoparticles and polypyridine ruthenium complexes on substrates.. Kajikawa A, Togashi T, Orikasa Y, Cui BB, Zhong YW, Sakamoto M, Kurihara M, Kanaizuka K.. Dalton Trans. 2015 May 19.
Recent Research & Development for Iodides
- Cardiac AAV9 Gene Delivery Strategies in Adult Canines: Assessment by Long-term Serial SPECT Imaging of Sodium Iodide Symporter Expression.. Moulay G, Ohtani T, Ogut O, Guenzel A, Behfar A, Zakeri R, Haines P, Storlie J, Bowen L, Pham L, Kaye D, Sandhu G, O'Connor M, Russell S, Redfield M.. Mol Ther. 2015 Apr 27.
- Tracking of dendritic cell migration into lymph nodes using molecular imaging with sodium iodide symporter and enhanced firefly luciferase genes.. Lee HW, Yoon SY, Singh TD, Choi YJ, Lee HJ, Park JY, Jeong SY, Lee SW, Ha JH, Ahn BC, Jeon YH, Lee J.. Sci Rep. 2015 May 14
- 124I-PET Assessment of Human Sodium Iodide Symporter Reporter Gene Activity for Highly Sensitive In Vivo Monitoring of Teratoma Formation in Mice.. Lehner S, Lang C, Kaissis G, Todica A, Zacherl MJ, Boening G, Spitzweg C, Herbach N, Franz WM, Krause BJ, Steinhoff G, Bartenstein P, Hacker M, David R.. Mol Imaging Biol. 2015 Apr 21.
- Virgin silver nanoparticles as colorimetric nanoprobe for simultaneous detection of iodide and bromide ion in aqueous medium.. Bothra S, Kumar R, Pati RK, Kuwar A, Choi HJ, Sahoo SK.. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Apr 27
- Quantification of apoptosis and necroptosis at the single cell level by a combination of Imaging Flow Cytometry with classical Annexin V/propidium iodide staining.. Pietkiewicz S, Schmidt JH, Lavrik IN.. J Immunol Methods. 2015 May 11.
- Effects of 3,5-Diiodotyrosine and Potassium Iodide on Thyroid Function and Oxidative Stress in Iodine-Excess Wistar Rats.. Liu D, Lin X, Yu F, Zhang M, Chen H, Bao W, Wang X.. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 May 24.
- Critical aspects of using bacterial cell viability assays with the fluorophores SYTO9 and propidium iodide.. Stiefel P, Schmidt-Emrich S, Maniura-Weber K, Ren Q.. BMC Microbiol. 2015 Feb 18
- A Novel hNIS/tdTomato Fusion Reporter for Visualizing the Relationship Between the Cellular Localization of Sodium Iodide Symporter and Its Iodine Uptake Function Under Heat Shock Treatment. Yeom CJ, Chung T, Youn H, Kang KW, Lee DS, Chung JK. Mol Imaging. 2015 Mar 1: Mol Imaging
- Optoelectronic Studies of Methylammonium Lead Iodide Perovskite Solar Cells with Mesoporous TiO2: Separation of Electronic and Chemical Charge Storage, Understanding Two Recombination Lifetimes, and the Evolution of Band Offsets during J-V Hysteresis. O'Regan BC, Barnes PR, Li X, Law C, Palomares E, Marin-Beloqui JM. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Apr 9. : J Am Chem Soc
- Effect of silver diamine fluoride and potassium iodide on residual bacteria in dentinal tubules. Hamama H, Yiu C, Burrow M. Aust Dent J. 2015 Mar